The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
42072 5th Street, 3rd Floor
Temecula, CA 92590Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://wwww.thegamblingcowboy.com/
- Phone: (951) 699-2895
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Tuesday thru Thursday 4-9pm
Friday, Saturday 4-10:30pm
Lunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Breakfast Saturday and Sunday 9am-2pm
Happy Hour Tues, Wed, Thurs 3pm- close. Fri, Sat, Sun 3pm-6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Danny Clark
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer our private veranda over looking Old Town Temecula. Our veranda is enclosed and is temperature controlled.
- Private Party Contact: Rene Ehmcke or Judi McMahon 9516992895x
- Entertainment: Now Playing; Guitarist Tim Cash, The Classics from Izon Eden, Alex Drizos...
- Special Events: Wedding receptions, rehearsal lunches or dinners, Anniversary parties, Birthday parties, Business meetings, Pharmacuetical meetings
A word from The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon, located in the heart of Old Town Temecula, brings a new standard to local casual fine dining. Expansive views from our third floor deck and elegant turn of the century setting offer an intimate and inviting atmosphere. Our Classic Steak and Seafood menu features only the highest quality aged Midwestern corn-fed beef along with many other sumptuous selections. We offer an impressive wine list featuring vintages from many local wineries and from the finest regions of the world. Join us for Happy Hour Tuesday through Thursdays from 3-close and Friday through Sundays from 3-6pm. Our bar features Premium Spirits, Draft Beer, Fine Wine and mouthwatering appetizers. Enjoy live music every Friday, Saturday and some Sunday Nights. $1.50/ounce Prime Rib on Sundays 3-6pm ONLY. Join us for a casually sophisticated Breakfast, lunch or a romantic dinner and enjoy a truly distinctive dining experience! Reservations Highly Recommended Friday-Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon - Best Restaurants in Temecula ›
The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (30)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (16)fit for foodies (14)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014We made dinner reservation for four. We requested a appetizer that the server said they were out of, then for the entree my wife requested the New York steak- the server said we are out of that, then the hanger steak- same response we are out of that. So then we requested the rib-eye which was available. From time of order to the time it was on the table took 55 minutes. The server was unapologetic. The one nice thing is there in no corkage fee- just wish we brought more than one bottle of wine for the time we waiting for the food. Oh well we will not be back.
- Tasty side dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/5/2014My expectations were not high so I was pleasantly surprised by this place. The side dishes were fantastic and the steaks were better than average. I am anxious to go back to try the prime rib! Another pleasantry was that we brought our own wine and the corkage fee was only $15, not bad. The outdoor dining is very pleasant and much quieter than eating inside. They have outdoor heaters should the need arise. The service was outstanding, not intrusive like some places.Special Features:
- MrPickyDined on 10/31/2014Nice find. Fabulous steaks and the sides were great. Came back to try brunch on Saturday. Stick with it as a dinner house. Brunch doesn't come close to quality of the dinner..at least for our party of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in an OfficeFoodFan7Dined on 10/28/2014Pleasantly surprised at the food for lunch at the Gambling Cowboy. It is an elevator ride to the converted office location on the third floor.Special Features:
- Nice evening mealTobefreeDined on 10/26/2014Loved the Halloween decor and had a great quiet meal with my husband. The service was great as was the food and serving size. Nice selection of meals on the menu, good taste, but a little pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening...ReddsuzannDined on 10/25/2014Love that you can bring in local wine with no corking fee... Always great food.. And server was good but the assistant Robert is always on point with everting you may need or want...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place-Jr26Dined on 10/25/2014Took my girlfriend out to eat at this place, we both loved it they have great service and the food is really good it took a while to get to our table but it was well worth it, i recommend this restaurant to anybody that's looking for good place to eat at.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WE'LL BE BACK!KimpawsibleDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit, but had been told by a few friends it was a great restaurant. They were right! Everything our party of four ordered was fabulously displayed and tasted even better. Well, the fresh snowpeas/pods could have stood to have been stripped of the fiber from the pod (e.g. "stringed'). They were very fresh and good flavored, however I couldn't eat them with the fiberous pods. The entertainment (individual, very talented, singer) was a nice plus, and added to the fun. Our reservation was honored at the "exact" time it was set for. There were several people waiting, and we went right to the front and seated immediately. Lots of choices on the menu, and they all sounded wonderful so we'll definitely return to try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightsarbqueenDined on 10/25/2014Went here early Saturday evening, be sure to make reservations. Love the decor of old west also had Halloween decorations up. Live music was a singer with guitar but was a bit too loud for dining conversation. Interesting menu the Cowgirl kisses appetizer was great but the artichoke appetizer was fabulous. There were 4 of us and we had steak, ribs, and chicken.....everyone enjoyed food, but my husband said his steak was chewy. We were served a brownie Sunday since we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. Great place for special occasions. It is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and musicBpartyDined on 10/24/2014For a memorable evening make reservations for a patio table and order the prime rib; it is excellent. Make sure to have reservations, as the wait time can be over an hour.Special Features:
- We went from an ad on websitejudy1Dined on 10/19/2014The advertisement said Prime Rib for $1.50/oz. min. 12 oz. When we got there they said special hadn't been offered for several months. We had to "argue" to get them to honor this. W e were asked for a credit card to make a reservation. When we got there, they said it was not their policy, but the web-site we booked on---(yours?) There must be a charge for cancelling a reservation, but we weren't informed ahead of time. I would not ever give a credit card again for a reservation. The meat was very good (I had the prime rib) and the other two guests had a steak---all very good! I was not happy over the fact that they served two "starchy" items with dinner (corn and potato)---not very healthful! Salad was more!
- Steaks were just OKCasualDinerDined on 10/18/2014Overall satisfied with the quality of our dinner. It's a great restaurant all around. The only thing lacking was seasoning on our steaks. For being a chophouse, I thought they would have learned to season a steak, but we'll order something different next time we go. The salad, soup, sides and lobster tail were all very good, so I look forward to trying something different from the menu.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/18/2014Entree took a very long time to come out and then was wrong. Seemed close to 10 minutes before we were waited on. Once the food came however, it was very good.Special Features:
- Does dinner start at 4 or not?Eat2MuchDined on 10/10/2014Love the food at this place but both on my first and latest visit, there's just something wrong with how they greet you! My dinner reservations were for 4 p.m. as THEIR website states dinner starts at 4. Upon arrival at 4 they seemed perturbed and said "wait a minute, I need to check with the kitchen to see if they are ready for dinner" - instead of just seating us and checking with the kitchen and saving me the commentary. When I asked the server about something, she said "I don't even know what time it is and if the kitchen is ready..." - they are the one's who advertise dinner at 4 p.m. And, this really isn't necessary to treat customers this way...go check with the kitchen and check your own watch or change your dinner hours!Special Features:
- came here for my 15th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014Service was impeccable. There were so many choices my wife was having trouble deciding so the waitress asked her what types of steaks she normally enjoys. The waitress then suggested 3 different cuts of meat and the best accompaniments that my wife should truly enjoy...of which I chose the one that sounded the best for my wife...and when my wife took the first bite she was in heaven. my meal was also amazing...perfectly cooked. when our waitress heard it was our anniversary, she went and brought us a custom dessert based upon what my wife commented about the desert offerings...with flowers and a couple spoons...very nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DouglasDined on 9/28/2014Every time we visit, the food and service is excellent! This time we invited some friends and they loved it too! We dine out quite a lot and save this restaurant for special occasions... Hard to find but worth the visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome belated birthday lunch!temecmomDined on 9/27/2014Had the best belated birthday celebration for my sister. Everything from start to finish, was fantastic. Highly recommend giving The Gambling Cowboy a try, you won't regret it!!Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Our daughter's 18th birthday and this is where she wanted to get a steak. She was overwhelmed by how good the food was and we were, too. The food was marvelous and they helped us celebrate with a candle lit dessert. It was great! Thank you for not disappointing her on her favorite meal. We will be back!Special Features:
- Love the Foodsptjr1Dined on 9/11/2014It is a bit pricey, but the food is worth the cost. My wife and I have been here 2 times and both times we were extremely impressed with the food. the service was good, but could be better for the price you pay (it took a while for the server to come and acknowledge they knew we were there). Make sure you make a reservation the 1st time we went we did not have a reservation and it took a while for them to sit us. All in all this is one of the best places to eat in Temecula/Murrieta.Special Features:
- MarionMarionDined on 9/7/2014Food was great so was service but very $$$$ went for prime rib special which use to be 1.50lb now they have a discount on the prime rib special instead. A 8oz prime rib is $29 be tween 3-6 it is $24 and on up to $40 or more. We always go for birthdays but won't be able to any more. Expensive for a group of four. TSpecial Features:
- High Quality, Cowboy FunjeamoDined on 9/5/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday, and it was so special. The steak and meal was cooked to perfection, and he loved the saloon and cowboy theme. The service was a little slow in the saloon and our table was ready before we got our drinks, but is wasn't a big deal. The singer had an excellent voice and while dining, we could still hear the music but isn't wasn't overpowering. Would definitely return, but a little pricey for us, so probably for a special occasion again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Great food and great friendly service. We'll be back again soon.Special Features:
- HungryKiddsDined on 8/29/2014Our service at the Gambling Cowboy started off slow but quickly improved. We ordered Cowgirl Kisses as our appetizer, and they were delicious! These are a "must try" item if you ever visit this establishment. For our entrees, I chose the sirloin (cooked medium) and my husband chose the ribeye (cooked medium rare) with the chili relleno. The entrees arrived at our table prepared incorrectly. My issue was resolved with a quick trip back to the kitchen. My husband's issue was kindly resolved by removing the ribeye from our bill. Despite the slight mishap with our food preparation, everything was delicious...the appetizer, our entrees, and all of our side items. We would definitely return for another dining experience at The Gambling CowboySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant that never disappointsOneofFavoritesDined on 8/23/2014Always a favorite spot for either lunch or dinner. Have never been disappointed in food or service. Owner always in-house and is hands on and friendly. Can choose friendly bar area or quiet booth dining. Also has a nice balcony to enjoy the pleasant IE evenings.Special Features:
- HKVKDined on 8/22/2014We treated our daughter and son-in-law to dinner Friday night. It was an amazing experience. The service was outstanding and the food was suburb. We all had the prime rib dinner and we agreed it was one one the best dinners we've ever had in Temecula. You exceeded our expectations!Special Features:
- the Gambling CowboyblingmommaDined on 8/22/2014We had appetizers the brie bites were good but need to be smaller so they can be BITES. Steaks were great tasting. I got the large cowboy so I could have left overs.Special Features:
- Steak!Eat4joyDined on 8/12/2014Had a delicious 16 oz ribeye while the rest of the family enjoyed prime rib. All the sides were good, especially the roasted corn. It was fairly low on the noise level which is important to us, but I'm sure it gets louder come the weekend. Service was kind and attentive. I will be back even though it is quite a ways from the homestead.Special Features:
- Amazing steaks!stolimartiniDined on 8/9/2014My sister and I went to the Gambling Cowboy for dinner for my birthday, while in Temecula for the weekend for some wine tasting. We made a reservation for a Saturday night. We were seated promptly and introduced to our waitress. The menu had quite a few selections of steaks, different cuts, prepared differently, and different sizes. We had the filet mignon and prime rib. Both were mouth-watering, perfectly seasoned and melt-in-your-mouth delicious! I had the garlic mashed potatoes, my sister had the cowboy fries. Both were very good. Waitress was very attentive. They even gave me a free dessert for my birthday! I would definitely recommend this place. Prices for the steaks were upwards of $35 each, but well worth every penny!Special Features:
- great location, good food!weRfoodiesVIPDined on 8/5/2014We started with an artichoke appetizer, soo good! With the bread and herbed butter, perfect start! Highly recommended! Hubby had the Barrel Steak and it was fabulous! He asked the server to put the bleu cheese and bacon on the side, they also put the balsamic glaze on the side, just in case, very thoughtful. The baked potato was HUGE and very good. I had the pistachio-crusted halibut, it was excellent and moist. My sides were baby potatoes, snap peas and carrots, very generous portion. A good wine list and full bar is nice. Service was attentive and professional. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DawnDawnVIPDined on 7/29/2014Cool environment. Food was okay, my bone in filet was somewhat overcooked.Special Features:
- My favorite place!TrishaAmberDined on 7/27/2014This was my second time eating here, and it is by far my favorite restaurant. The steaks are amazing, and I loved all of my side dishes as well. Service was great, and I can't think of anything to improve. Definitely coming back! During our first visit, there was a magician...such a cool way to entertain us at our table while we waited!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tomptOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Our first time here and it did not disappoint. Food was great, very nice staff. Will return without question.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodEz2PLEASEDined on 7/22/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my night at the Gambling Cowboy. The waiters/waitresses were all friendly and consistently checked if my date and I needed anything. Also, the food was very good and they made sure my steak was indeed medium-rare when I asked for it. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to eat good food and catch up with old friends or, perhaps, have a date night with that special someone. The noise levels aren't obnoxiously loud, but not so quiet that other people might hear your conversation. It is the best steak house in Temecula as far as, not only, the taste of the food, but the pleasant environment the staff provides. Needless to say, I would go again.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the The Gambling Cowboy Chophouse and Saloon reviews archive.
- "Must Do" Dining ExperienceValleyDinerDined on 7/20/2014Everything we'd heard by word of mouth was true. The food was spectacular; appetizers, main course, desserts, all beyond what anyone deserves to be served. The Chili Dusted Salmon is a must have experience. The service was attentive and just the right amount of constant. There are several quite exceptional restaurants here in the valley. It's one of many reasons to love Temecula. We haven't visited them all, but The Gambling Cowboy is definitely our new favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelectableDined on 7/19/2014ALL the Food was delectable! Had the Jalapeño poppers, rib eye (the gambler) and Jalapeño Margarita. I have already recommended to all my FB friends. I will definitely be going back in the near future, even though i have to drive 1 hour to get there. Service was very slow, but we didn't mind, make sure you have lots of time. If it weren't for the slow service I would have given 5 stars :)Special Features:
- Average steakhouse.sdmatt7Dined on 7/12/2014Service was great, side dishes as well...but the steak is just average. Don't go with high end steakhouse expectations and you'll have a great time!Special Features:
- Amazing!CindylouanDined on 7/11/2014We started with a martini in the bar and it was incredible! A good amount and tasted delicious! Our dinner was amazing! The corn, sugar snap peas, and filet mignon tasted absolutely delicious! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureWAJUSAYDined on 7/8/2014I've never had a bad meal here. Their dishes, mainly their steaks, are some if the best in town. My father in law ordered a lobster tail with his steak and it did not disappoint! The lobster tail was a good portion. The sides complimented the dishes very well. This place is worthy of multiple return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic placeRzihDined on 6/20/2014Very happy, great service, totally enjoyed the dinning there.Special Features:
- our first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Very nice inside, we had a reservation, they seemed a little confused at the front on sitting arrangements, and it took a few minutes to get seated, there were plenty of tables. service was a little slow, sat for a while before anyone came to the table or even said your waitress will be right with you. Wasn't really too crowded at all. We both ordered steaks, they were good and cooked to our specifics. Our waitress was very nice and did a good job. The kitchen was backed up and she told us that. Took a long time to get our appetizer and food. I think the price is too high for a steak and fries. That was the highlight our our meal. Honestly, my fiance' grills a steak just as good for less than 50.00. I think one time is enough for us.Special Features: