The Funky Door
6015 82nd St., Suite 2
Lubbock, TX 79424Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Funky Door
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefunkydoorwineroom.com/
- Phone: 8066870505x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:30pm, Friday - 4:30- 12am, Saturday Brunch: 10:30am- 3:00pm, Saturday Dinner: 4:30pm- 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Fondue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Wes Chesshire
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let The Funky Door cater your next event. We offer carry out or full service catering.
- Private Party Facilities: The Funky Door is the perfect place for your next event. From rehearsal dinners to business meetings, let us customize around your needs. We have a catering menu or our culinary team can create something special just for you.
- Private Party Contact: Christina Glendening 8066870505x
- Entertainment: Our comfortable, fun interior provides the perfect backdrop for live music Monday through Saturday.
A word from The Funky Door
Lubbock’s "Swankiest" Restaurant and Wine Bar. You have to see it to believe it! The Funky Door offers a glimpse into the world of wine, with over 250 wines from all over the world. Intimate and cozy, the Funky Door sets a warm, sophisticated and embracing atmosphere. Our talented chefs exquisitely prepare each delectable dish with exciting fresh ingredients that pair perfectly with our premium wines. Our knowledgeable servers are ready to make recommendations to ensure that your wine selection perfectly complements your meal. "The Door" is one of only a handful of restaurants in the nation to have an Italian self-serve Enomatic wine machine. The wine is kept fresh and at the perfect temperature, allowing you to taste without having to buy the whole bottle. Whether you are looking for a romantic night out, hosting a small party of 20 or a large event, we will make it an unforgettable experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Funky Door - Best Restaurants in Lubbock ›
The Funky Door reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (2)neighborhood gem (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Loved itdiner1996Dined on 9/20/2014I went here for my anniversary and it was an amazing experience. The food was absolutely delicious, they placed us in a more secluded area like I asked, and the waiter was attentive. Definitely coming back for a special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 7 reviews are from the The Funky Door reviews archive.
- Funky DoorKeeKeepmrDined on 5/23/2014This is a vibrant wine bar with excellent food! Our waiter, Daniel, was wonderful. The fondue appetizer was so good and our entrees of The Funky Chicken and shrimp tortellini were both delicious. So happy to find this surprise of a great dinner spot in Lubbock, while on an overnight visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceDaveDined on 12/27/2013I don't think I've ever seen a waiter attend to us as much as they did here. I had a great date and I can only say it was with the amazing service we had. We may have been sitting there for a little bit trying to figure out our drinks, but they have a large wine list. I don't have anything to complain about except the fondu chocolate may have been a little cold when it got to us. Even toward the later time of the night they had some live music, which made the experience that much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceJohn2222Dined on 12/14/2013Service was horrible. Salads came out after main course and were sent back. $175 for 3 people. One of which was a minor and did not drink. Could have done much better by going to a chain restaurant. Not fine dining.
- Menu StandoutsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/17/2012The menu is a work in progress... so there is room for improvement for everything except two items. Namely, the bacon wrapped filet with peppercorn gravy and the burger. These items are amazing and pair well with the wines on tap. The venue itself is eclectic and vibrant. A great location for a romantic date or bar night out with friends for late night band nights.Special Features:
- Service way too slow!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012The food was awesome...that said, the service was awful. We arrived at 7:00 p.m. for our reservation, were promptly seated, and didn't end up eating until after 8:00 p.m. I thought they had to go to the grocery store to buy the ingredients! Crazy wait time for food. We didn't end up leaving the restaurant until close to 9:00 p.m. after eating, waiting on wine refills, and waiting for the check. Again, we thought the waitress had to leave to run the credit card. Probably won't return because of the service.
- as bad as they comeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Awful service, awful and cold food, and not worth the price at all. Despite bringing to the attention of a manager (female) that we had been sitting there for half an hour with just water and our waiter kept forgetting about us she just made excuses for him and nothing changed. After an hour and a half our dinner came out and was cold and different our sides were different then what we had all ordered because they ran out of asparagus, and just replaced it with squash. Worst experience i could have imagined and will not return or every recommend this restaurant.
- Good Wine Selection, Yummy FondueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2012We always like going to Funky Door for special occasions. It's one of the few places in town with a good dessert wine selection and the gouda fondue is just delicious! But it gets a little loud in there for a real conversation.Special Features: