The Front Porch
1215 Thomasville Road
Tallahassee, FL 32303Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Front Porch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontporchtally.com/
- Phone: (850) 222-0934
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Tuesday-Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday: 10am - 2:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Friday: 9:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Katie Spetman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A full catering menu is available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Catering menus are reflective of the region and feature only the freshest ingredients.
- Private Party Facilities: Charming event space is available in three separate interior locations. The Tarpon room can accommodate 16-20 people on the main level of the restaurant.
Two additional function rooms are located on the Second Floor accommodating up to 60 people for plated dinners and 80 people for receptions and theater style seating.
- Entertainment: Live music Fridays from 9:00pm to 12:00am
- Special Events: We host monthly "Movies Under the Oaks" on our front deck, showcasing timeless classics accompanied with a three course prix fix dinner menu and complimentary champagne. Seats are limited so make your reservations with our hostess.
A word from The Front Porch
A masterpiece that will change the culinary landscape of Tallahassee forever, The Front Porch combines the casual nature of the old south with one of the South's most treasured ingredients; fresh seafood. The only raw bar in Tallahassee to serve local shellfish and crustacea as well as that from around the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Front Porch - Best Restaurants in Tallahassee ›
The Front Porch reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)special occasion (40)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (31)great for brunch (27)romantic (24)vibrant bar scene (19)good for groups (18)hot spot (13)scenic view (12)notable wine list (11)late-night find (5)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Everything about this resturant was greatUnhappyVIPDined on 11/14/2014We did happy hour and then sat down for dinner and we needed to add two more people to our party and the hostess was very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- appetizers, breadepi4Dined on 11/7/2014The appetizers were a waste of money. The clam bake was nothing but shells and panko bread crumbs. The crab dip with wontons was mediocre, little taste, attractively presented but again, not worth the cash! A diner with us does not like jalapenos so although the biscuit served was delicious to the other diners, when asked for an alternative bread- there was none so that diner was just watching us eat. We had a very long wait for both appetizers and then dinner( over 30 min. for each) Caesar salad is no Caesar salad!Special Features:
- Non impressive dinnerKarrriegayleDined on 11/7/2014We had been to front porch for brunch and it was wonderful. We came again for dinner and we were not as impressed. Most of the food was fairly good. The shrimp and grits were almost inedible. We all tried them because a friend ordered them and they were just awful. There was not as many moderately priced dinner items as I would wish when you bring young people to dine. I would recommend for brunch but not dinner.Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014Was joined at dinner with a colleague from Italy. He thought the food was amazing and loved the outdoors atmosphere. Wants to go back on his next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We will be returning for sure and will recommend The Front Porch to friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StellarRoberitoDined on 10/26/2014A great place for Sunday brunch. I highly recommend the chicken & waffles and potato hash. Great atmosphere and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience,greatMerileeDined on 10/25/2014This was a special dining experience for my daughter and granddaughter, she is a student at FSU. Wish we had restaurant like this in St.Pete.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes, I love it !JeweledJDined on 10/25/2014The Front Porch is a great place for a first time experience. The service was up to par. The food was delicious. This restaurant is a mix of elegance while also enjoying the cool breeze of the outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAllAroundEnjoyableDined on 10/19/2014Looks so good on outside...dining area is bland and booths are uncomfortable. Service was incredibly slow. Out of 3 things we tried to order. Quality of seafood pasta was awful. My salmon was delicious and perfectly prepared...it saved the day...no vegetarian item so our guest ordered the seafood pasta without the seafood and asked for some veggies and was charged the same price...overall feeling we had was they really only care about the bar patrons...I realize it was the day after a big football weekend, but if you can't handle that then you should not be open for dinner the following daySpecial Features:
- Sunday BrunchColmegDined on 10/19/2014Love dining outside on the porch. Very good mimosas and bloody marys. Lobster bisque and key lime pie make the meal. Not sure there was any real crab in the crab cake eggs benedict.Special Features:
- amazingschrepDined on 10/12/2014The chicken and waffles with bacon maple syrup was amazing. Great service and atmosphere. I would recommend brunch to anyone. I haven't tried any other time but I'm sure it would be greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014I was visiting my son at FSU and we were looking for a nice, quiet place not owned by a large chain. Food was very good. My food, filet mignon with crab crust, could have used some seasoning. My son and his friend enjoyed their entree's. The dessert's were excellent.Special Features:
- Cool and Chic!kissntellDined on 10/11/2014Great place for a girls night out. Planned a Sanity Social and we really enjoyed to food and vibe. Would recommend it to friends and family.Special Features:
- Non pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014I made my open table reservations a few days in advance as I was planning on visiting with my daughter in Fsu. We arrived on time and there were plenty I'd empty tablea where we could have been sat. However, we were taken directly down to the lawn and say next to rhe street. The temp was file and the food was cold. I asked to be seated upstairs where there were move people and cover and I was told those gables were reserved ? Really 30 min later people arrived for those tables. I was told to request the appropriate location next time. Completely unacceptable
- Tally FavOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Our second visit to The Front Porch did not disappoint. The food, staff and ambiance was just perfect. The total package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service Disappointing FoodblandDined on 10/4/2014Lobster bisque bland, Shrimp and grits tasteless aside from too much salt, cold coffee, pistachio grouper tasty,, tarrahon chickem also tasty. Service was alittle slow but overall attentive. I might go back to try a different menu item jusy because iy is such a pretty place I really want to like it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first time to The Front Porch; however, we will return and soon. We had a wonderful experience and this restaurant is now on my list of all time favorites.Special Features:
- Chicken and wafflesCelebrationDined on 10/4/2014Usually super good in the past this time chicken was small amount and not as tasty. Perhaps Patents weekend was a challenge. The waffles were drenched in syrup-tooo much. We have had this dish many times before and this trip did not hit the usual mark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Restaurant in TallybeantownchuckDined on 10/3/2014I was told this was the best. Service was poor food was fair. Waited 1.5 hours for food. Manager took 25% off from bill which was fair and appreciated. However, I think the restaurant is overpriced.
- Had higher hopesterpgirlDined on 10/3/2014I was so excited to go to dinner here, but overall the experience was lacking. The service was a little slow- not painfully bad but for the prices it should have been much better. I ordered the tuna and it was bland, and it was served with a sauce that tasted like ketchup. The food was ok but was really expensive. I will give it one more chance before I categorize it as a "drink and appetizer" place.Special Features:
- Great PlaceJLPGolferDined on 9/27/2014Some reviews say service was bad but our service was outstanding The chef was out of the kitchen checking on diners. We had a good waiter and other wait staff checked on us when he was busy.Our foor was outstanding as we had the grouper and sea bass both were fresh,well prepared,and presentation was good.If there for first visit request porch depending on weatherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this Tallahassee gem!MalloryEatsDined on 9/19/2014Loved this Tallahassee gem! The seafood was delicious and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- Beautiful setting awful food.RedeemedVIPDined on 9/14/2014Bad food. Went for brunch. Chicken and waffles sounded good. Chicken was three small dried out tasteless chicken tenders. Must have been sitting around for hours. One on my plate was so small and tough it was like chicken jerky. One person in our party had French toast which was okay but nothing special given the price. Owners should be ashamed to serve that food. Service was average.
- linkDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were excellent. Initial seating in a room off the main area a bit hot, but we were moved and it was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood LinguineCfoodcriticDined on 9/13/2014I ordered the seafood linguine the other night and I wasn't too impressed. The amount of good and quality was pretty good but the shrimp still had their tails on, and the muscles and scallops still had thier shells on. It was so messy and aggrevating trying to remove everything from their shells and make adjustments. Everything will be a lot better if they can just remove the shell and tails ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio perfectTallygrlDined on 9/9/2014Awesome dinner!! Service was perfect and the filet was delicious. We ordered ours Pittsburgh style and it was extremely tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014My overall rating in number 1 above is based on menu pricing. The food was very good, however for the price charged everything else was below my expectations.
- Great brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014A friend and I decided to stop in for brunch. It was a bit humid outside and we chose to sit inside. Unfortunately a piece of art near our table was drawing a lot of bugs and we asked to be reseated. Our new table was fine until the air conditioning vent started to drip....by this point we were far enough in our meal and peach bellini that I just scooted over away from the water. Aside from that, the waffle with fruit compote was delicious! The carafe of peach bellini was delicious, but should probably be kept on ice- it got hot really quicklySpecial Features:
- inconsistencygingerlassDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant has exchanged hands, its been refurbished the location and esthetics of the restaurant are beautiful.unfortunately, no one took the time to train staff.the other times ive been I have had good servers and very good food but this last time, the hostess was incredibly rude, and did not honor our reservations to sit inside. Her hospitality was nonexistant. The food was inconsistent as well, had the exact same dish as before, only to have a hockey puck for steak, and over cooked eggs. The saving grace were the fantastic margarittas from the friendly bar staff.Special Features:
- Great meal and atmosphere!pilotandwifeDined on 9/6/2014First time in Tallahassee so we asked for recommendations from the locals. The Front Porch was originally suggested to us for breakfast, but when we tried it that morning we discovered they didn't open until lunch time. After doing some online restaurant searches that afternoon, The Front Porch came up as a dinner recommendation. The menu looked great and the open, outdoor dining appealing. We aren't wine connoisseurs, but the list had a good variety and choice of prices. We chose the warm crab dip as an appetizer, which was delicious and more than enough to share. As an entrée, we both went with the grilled salmon. It was grilled to perfection, moist and flavorful. We shared the coconut crème cake which was outstanding. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePattyDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at this location since The Front Porch took over the old Chez Pierre venue. The menu and feel are completely different, but the charm and ambience remain, and the food was excellent on all counts. We especially liked the wedge salad. The seafood was fresh and well-prepared. We will definitely return for another "date night"!Special Features:
- EnjoyableCallme4dinnerDined on 9/5/2014Liked our waiter who was very attentive. Our party of four enjoyed their entrees too. Shrimp and grits were delicious with plenty of shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingkristiDined on 9/2/2014We have been to the Front porch three times in the past and this time was disappointing. I love the decor-if you like eating outside it's amazing. On arrival there were three receptionists that looked and acted as if we interrupted their discussion. menu is very limited. When I made on line reservations, I had put in the comment box that it was our son's birthday- Hunter and Harp are amazing with customer service- nothing was mentioned at any time during our visit. Our server was new and said several times "I'm not sure, I'm new here"- The wait was over 30 min for our dinner ( they weren't busy ) our son ordered fresh tuna/salad- Salmon arrived instead. My chicken was very good- the rice was ordinary.Special Features:
- Dinner OutUniquex2Dined on 8/30/2014The food and portion sizes are great. The ambiance is relaxing and beautiful. Good place for date night or dinner with friends, family or co-workers. The only issue was our waitress didn't check on us enough and we ran out of drinks. If a couple is going to spend 100$ on dinner, the staff needs to be cognizant of such.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Front porchLgbtbDined on 8/28/2014Great spot for birthdays etc. the staff is very friendly and the ambience is busy. Not quiet or romantic. We had a problem with some kind of fly/gnat group that found our table and food. Not sure but i think its from the outdoor bar eating area coming in with the wait staff constantly coming and going. But the food was delish and we had fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful, awful servicemopbDined on 8/23/2014Although Front Porch had a beautiful ambiance and decent drinks at the bar, our experience was marred by the fact that we had not even been GREETED by a single server and not given drinks for 35 minutes, even AFTER I actively sought out a server. Although the night manager this past Saturday offered "exceptional service" the next time we dined there, he merely handed us his card without clear indication of compensation for time lost and wasted. I STRONGLY recommend other dining experiences. (In fact, we had gone to the Cypress restaurant in lieu of, and we were completely happy with the food and service.) The Front Porch is NOT worth the wait.
- foodie100Dined on 8/19/2014The food was not good and the selection that evening was poor.
- Great ambienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Have been to the Front Porch several times and each time it is delicious and memorable. Highly recommend it and suggest reservations....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Promise unfulfilledPromisesDined on 8/16/2014So this is our 5th trip to the Front Porch. Each trip requires 2-3 months to forget that the food does not match the ambiance or promise/hope we have for this great venue. The appetizers are ordinary, the entrees meh. Specifically I had the pistachio crusted grouper. Way too salty and over cooked. For the price...go elsewhere.Special Features:
- Brunch was outstandinggingerlassDined on 8/16/2014Everything from the drinks to our brunch was wonderful. Our service was helpful and knowledge about the menu. I had the steak and eggs with the buffalo blue mixed drink-all perfection. My friend had the Appalchacola Oysters that were so fresh and flavorful, as well as their halpeno margaritta. Next time we shall try to same some room for dessert. Highly recommend for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.