The Front Page - DC
1333 New Hamphire Avenue
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frontpagedc.com/
- Phone: 2022966500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10 AM-3:30 PM
Happy Hour: 4-8 pm Mon-Fri
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Freddie Melgar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater to any event/group in the Metro Area!
- Entertainment: Dj's and Dacing Thursday-Saturday Night
- Special Events: We have a semi private room, and a main dining room that can be used for private events. We do buffet and sitdown fixed menus ranging from $10-100 a person.
A word from The Front Page - DC
The Front Page DC, opened in 1985, has been serving DC's socialites for decades! We pride ourselves on prompt, friendly service, excellent food, long happy hours, and bountiful brunches. We have won DC's best happy hour and voted TOP 10 spots to Brunch. We have been known for our affordable pricing, including our famous $9 lunch specials. We offer insane specials including our half priced burger nights with trivia on Tuesdays and our biggest night of the week...Taco Thursday's with a free taco bar starting at 5 pm and $2 Coronas. The Front Page has always been family owned and operated, and we have always treated our restaurants like our home. We welcome you to our restaurant, and we hope you feel like you are home while you are here. Cheers, Alex HeidenbergerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Front Page - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
The Front Page - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)great for lunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for brunch (18)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (3)Show More
- CelebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I took my husband and his friends out to celebrate my husband birthday our server was April she was extremely helpful polite and sweet we would absolutely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The King's ReviewRestaurantKingDined on 9/14/2014Brunch was loud, crowded (in some scenarios this is good, but not in this case), disorganized milieu, inconsistent service, and the food was fair. Somewhat disappointing considering previous visits were good.Special Features:
- Cass2157Dined on 9/14/2014We went for Sunday Brunch. They had great food ( eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, ect) The service was wonderful as well. I would go back again and take some friends.Special Features:
- SharonDined on 9/13/2014We sat outside because the noise level inside was too high for conversation. The outdoor area was pleasant enough and the service and food were good and reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014the food was just ok - I had a turkey hummus wrap - it had very little hummus, no red pepper and the turkey very salty. Others at my table weren't impressed either. I should have taken the other reviews more seiously - I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Will Go AgainNtoit74711Dined on 8/31/2014In the early 90's The Front Page - DC was my favorite restaurant for brunch and dinner. Over the years the food went down, so I stop going. My friends and I needed a place to brunch a few weeks ago and thought lets give it a try after several years. FYI, WE were IMPRESSED, we had a great time. Our waiter was great but the guy running the carving station was never to be found! Not sure but maybe he needed help? Anyway, this is our spot again.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Hostess was NastyUnwelcomingDined on 8/31/2014Lets cut to the chase. We were not notified when our table was ready as the hostess had informed us upon arrival we would receive a text message. Then after returning back to the hostess stand she did not apologize for her over sight since we never received the text and was not accommodating. Our table was given away and she made us look feel like we were bothering her. Not usually a confrontational person but she really hit a nerve because I despise bad service especially when it is at will employment. She is the first point of contact to the public and can definitely destroy an experience before it is even started. Maybe she needs to be retrained but she is definitely not welcoming.Special Features:
- Decent Restaurant - Easy LocationNIUshibbyman61Dined on 8/19/2014Overall, the experience was positive. The food was only average, and the place was a little noisy. However, the service was good and I didn't really have any complaints about anything. It is conveniently located right across from the DuPont Circle Metro station (south entrance), so it is really easy to get to.
- Best brunch spot in the city!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014This is mine and my husbands favorite brunch spot in DC!!!! Yum, yum, yum! Great buffet, awesome al la cart menu too!!! The omelet bar is my fave!!!! If you haven't been yet, make it your top priority for the weekend, you won't be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Oh oh US soccer teamSusanDined on 6/26/2014The restaurant was crazy as a very large crowd outside and inside watched the US team lose to Germany. Bad planning on our part, but wait staff helped us find a "quieter" corner and service was good. Food as well.Special Features:
- Three waiters & none paid attentionChristineDined on 6/23/2014We visited Front Page on a weekday team lunch, frankly because it was the only place we could get a reservation last minute. We were a group of seven, so not an unruly number. I also had made a reservation so the restaurant would be prepared for us. We had three different people "watching" our table, but it was still a fight to get extra silverware and consistently had to ask for our waters to be refilled. We waited a long time for the food and one of the orders was wrong -- it took another 25 minutes to get him his dish (and a lot of getting up to find a staff member to make sure someone was on it). Front Page is fine for Happy Hours and the food is decent, but don't expect much service-wise.
- Check the Specials!SF2DCDinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014The flank steak special on Sunday night was incredibly high value for $14! I expected a small portion because of the price but was pleasantly surprised at the amount, thickness, and flavor for so little money. My server apologized for the wait on my cocktail because the bar was jammed with World Cup fans but the wait was not at all long. All the staff were gracious and friendly amid the pressures of a very large, exuberant group of customers. I chose this restaurant on the basis of an excellent experience at The Front Page in Virginia and was pleased to have an equally satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DC locationVAfoodieDined on 6/20/2014The Front Page is a favorite of mine because it's one of the first restaurants I had a meal at when I moved to Washington, DC back in the '80s. The location is perfect for anyone looking for a place to eat near a Metro stop, and off one of the main thoroughfares in Northwest DC. The food is good for the price you pay. Some chefs over the years have been better than others. It was an exciting place on Friday with folks watching the World Cup matches at both the bar and the sidewalk seating area. As non-soccer fans, we were able to find a quiet table inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Last Minute SuccessjmaudenDined on 6/11/2014We're visiting from out of town, and needed a dinner spot in a pinch. We found this on Yelp! and gave it a shot. There was a wide selection of food from burgers to pasta to pizza to steak. It will definitely meet anyone in your party's needs. The service was friendly and prompt. The bathroom was clean. The prices were extremely reasonable. I would definitely eat there again, next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Client LuncheoncparkVIPDined on 6/9/2014I had the burger and it was great! We first sat outside and were getting eaten alive out there by mosquitoes so we moved inside. We shared the crab cake appetizer which was good.Special Features:
- Great BurgerDeniseDined on 6/5/2014Lunch at the Front Page was perfect again. A great burger with good company - who could ask for more!Special Features:
- Bar SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/28/2014Essentially a college/20's to early 30's bar and pub. Nice outdoor seating if weather is in the mood. Food is ok, but really more bar fare (pretty good, but not foodie material at all). Plus is outdoor seating, bar area is really loud, service with a smile, but think bar scene.Special Features:
- The following 456 reviews are from the The Front Page - DC reviews archive.
- Good Food, Casual DiningCollegePoorDined on 5/16/2014Selection of food was good, service was friendly and attentive. When in the DC area, I would go vack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour Funjel1013Dined on 5/15/2014I came in with one of my friends after work for a Happy Hour. Very fun atmosphere, drinks were good, also had some tasty appetizers as well!Special Features:
- Good placeAzure42Dined on 5/12/2014My wife and I ate here one of the first nights we arrived in Washington DC. We liked it so much that we returned a few nights later with friends. The bar can become very noisy and the sound carries throughout the whole place. We would have asked for outdoor seating, but couldn't stand eating so close to the cigar smokers stinking up the entire area.Special Features:
- Overrated; Go elsewhereChepostVIPDined on 5/11/2014Maybe it was just Mother's day, but talk about overrated! Buffet was not backfilled, the food that was there, was dried out. Service wasn't bad when we saw our waiter. In in the end, we should have gone elsewhere and paid less for better food.
- always yummyTammyDined on 5/10/2014I have dined here many times and am pleased each time. This time I took Mom and she too enjoyed it. Can't w to try the brunch. Love love love the shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodcsingDined on 4/25/2014This was a very nice find. Middle of the road pricing, and lots of choices on the menu. Service was very good. Kitchen sent out a sample of an appetizer for us. Accommodating to our kids, good selection for them. Great location on Dupont Circle. Very busy bar area with Happy Hour crowd, separate from dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the weary TravelerJohnATLfoodieDined on 4/19/2014I chose this restaurant on the fly using OpenTable filters looking for American Kid Friendly menus near the metro DC area. I got a bull's eye with this restaurant. I entered on the bar side at first and was afraid it wasn't suitable for my audience, but then I realized the dining area was on the other side and perfect for what I needed. The food was incredibly priced and delicious. I had the Cajun Chicken Fettucine, and it was packed a little spice but was very very satisfying. Our tall waiter origianally from Arizona was great, personable and friendly. It was the perfect dinner and precisely what we were looking for! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great FoodEllisDined on 4/10/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived . Our waiter was extremely attentive. Great food . While reservations were made, they were not needed. The lunch hour was rather slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend in DCpuntacanaDined on 4/5/2014We went with another couple for our first visit to Front Page. The staff was very friendly and we got our table as soon as we walked in. The booths in the back of the restaurant are so small and very tight for 4 people to sit at . We didn't feel like we could relax at all. Our food came out cold and had to be sent back, but the waiter immediately fixed the problem. I don't think we would go back to this restaurant, nothing really stood out to us.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The deals at The Front Page cannot be beat, college bar prices for a sophisticated crowd and environment! I am looking forward to dining here again ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas in March?GeorgiaPeachDined on 3/10/2014I normally love Front Page, good happy hour vibe. Went for lunch with my hubby last week and every other song was a Christmas song...it's MARCH! Kind of funny at first, but then got annoying. Also, one of their delivery trucks hadn't arrived so none of the salmon meals, including the special, could be ordered. Not enough of a deterrence to keep me from not coming back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKrtesmerVIPDined on 3/10/2014Service was just ok, they were out of Salmon of all things! Never like it when a server pours iced tea into my coke!
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Front Page-DC is an amazing place to dine. The staff is always friendly and the food has never disappointed me taste-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in a hurry, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014We were in a hurry, which we let the wait staff know, and appreciated that they served us quickly.
- HIghly recommendMasonDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service, and drinks. Highly recommend for 20s-30s.Special Features:
- Great for a Business LunchMarkDined on 1/9/2014Meeting over lunch was great. Food was good, server was responsive to our needs, but aware of the fact a meeting was going on.Special Features:
- It was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014I've been here for happy hour on two occasions and it's always been packed. The back part of The Front Page tends to be more quiet. The food was ok. I had the fish and chips. As much as I love talapia, this is not the right white fish to use for fish and chips. Also, i was thrown by the breading rather than a beer batter. It made the fish too heavy.Special Features:
- Didn't KnowTammyDined on 12/20/2013I grew up in MD and have worked in the DC Metro area all my life and just cannot believe I didn't know about this place. Our server Javier was the best. The food was well presented and tasted yummy! My faforite drink "mojito" was also good. I will defenitely revisit Front Page....hmmm can I get over there today?! I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub Atmosphere With A Good VibebrontymanDined on 12/18/2013This is a place for comfort food shared with good friends over stories about your day. For those who live near Dupont Circle it is a neighborhood place that must be tried at least once. The good mood and the good food stave off the blues of a bad week bad weather and perhaps even a broken heart. Save room for the chocolate cake, it'll make you want to call home to speak to mom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table-Front PageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Worked flawlessly. Great stress reliever to find available space when I needed it for a small group meeting for viewing National Christmas Tree. Very accommodating for early arrival. Attentive staff with good food at reasonable(for DC) prices. Comfortable atmosphere for conversation. Great experience & our out-of-town relatives were duly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch TooTeamHolidayLunchDined on 12/11/2013A friend tipped me to Sunday Brunch at the Front Page, but I had never gone there for lunch. What a great find for lunch. The menu and food is excellent, service is courteous and efficent for lunch. Now I will highly recommend not only for Sunday Brunch, but Lunch as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Buffet FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013Very wide array for menu options for the Thanksgiving buffet maintaining a traditional style to the menu. All of the I sampled was extremely tasty and plentiful. Had very good wait service attending to the patrons' needs. A wide variety of tasty desserts as well. The noise level was reasonable and holiday festive. Appreciated the seating request accommodation for my disability. Reasonably priced for seniors. Will definitely return And bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A successful Thanksgiving outingclarityDined on 11/28/2013I needed a restaurant that would suit my visiting family, which meant it had to be reasonably priced, conveniently located, and able to offer a certain amount of variety in its Thanksgiving menu (including flexibility for the celiacs among us). The Front Page's Thanksgiving buffet was tasty, well-staffed, and very reasonably priced. We especially appreciated the wide variety of dessert options (pumpkin cheesecake, yum). Some items ran short from time to time, but they were always replaced quickly by the staff, even towards the end of service. The food was well-cooked and tasted fresh, except for a couple of minor temperature issues--but that's par for the course in a buffet. Overall, a solid choice!I would recommend this to a friend.