The Front Page - DC
1333 New Hamphire Avenue
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - DC
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.frontpagedc.com/
- Phone: 2022966500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Saturday: 10:00am - 12:00am, Sunday: 10:00am - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 10 AM-3:30 PM
Happy Hour: 4-8 pm Mon-Fri
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Beer Garden, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Freddie Melgar
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We cater to any event/group in the Metro Area!
- Entertainment: Dj's and Dacing Thursday-Saturday Night
- Special Events: We have a semi private room, and a main dining room that can be used for private events. We do buffet and sitdown fixed menus ranging from $10-100 a person.
A word from The Front Page - DC
The Front Page DC, opened in 1985, has been serving DC's socialites for decades! We pride ourselves on prompt, friendly service, excellent food, long happy hours, and bountiful brunches. We have won DC's best happy hour and voted TOP 10 spots to Brunch. We have been known for our affordable pricing, including our famous $9 lunch specials. We offer insane specials including our half priced burger nights with trivia on Tuesdays and our biggest night of the week...Taco Thursday's with a free taco bar starting at 5 pm and $2 Coronas. The Front Page has always been family owned and operated, and we have always treated our restaurants like our home. We welcome you to our restaurant, and we hope you feel like you are home while you are here. Cheers, Alex HeidenbergerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Front Page - DC - Best Restaurants in Dupont Circle ›
The Front Page - DC reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (21)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (15)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (13)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Decent Restaurant - Easy LocationNIUshibbyman61Dined on 8/19/2014Overall, the experience was positive. The food was only average, and the place was a little noisy. However, the service was good and I didn't really have any complaints about anything. It is conveniently located right across from the DuPont Circle Metro station (south entrance), so it is really easy to get to.
- Oh oh US soccer teamSusanDined on 6/26/2014The restaurant was crazy as a very large crowd outside and inside watched the US team lose to Germany. Bad planning on our part, but wait staff helped us find a "quieter" corner and service was good. Food as well.Special Features:
- Three waiters & none paid attentionChristineDined on 6/23/2014We visited Front Page on a weekday team lunch, frankly because it was the only place we could get a reservation last minute. We were a group of seven, so not an unruly number. I also had made a reservation so the restaurant would be prepared for us. We had three different people "watching" our table, but it was still a fight to get extra silverware and consistently had to ask for our waters to be refilled. We waited a long time for the food and one of the orders was wrong -- it took another 25 minutes to get him his dish (and a lot of getting up to find a staff member to make sure someone was on it). Front Page is fine for Happy Hours and the food is decent, but don't expect much service-wise.
- Check the Specials!SF2DCDinerVIPDined on 6/22/2014The flank steak special on Sunday night was incredibly high value for $14! I expected a small portion because of the price but was pleasantly surprised at the amount, thickness, and flavor for so little money. My server apologized for the wait on my cocktail because the bar was jammed with World Cup fans but the wait was not at all long. All the staff were gracious and friendly amid the pressures of a very large, exuberant group of customers. I chose this restaurant on the basis of an excellent experience at The Front Page in Virginia and was pleased to have an equally satisfying experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DC locationVAfoodieDined on 6/20/2014The Front Page is a favorite of mine because it's one of the first restaurants I had a meal at when I moved to Washington, DC back in the '80s. The location is perfect for anyone looking for a place to eat near a Metro stop, and off one of the main thoroughfares in Northwest DC. The food is good for the price you pay. Some chefs over the years have been better than others. It was an exciting place on Friday with folks watching the World Cup matches at both the bar and the sidewalk seating area. As non-soccer fans, we were able to find a quiet table inside the restaurant.Special Features:
- Last Minute SuccessjmaudenDined on 6/11/2014We're visiting from out of town, and needed a dinner spot in a pinch. We found this on Yelp! and gave it a shot. There was a wide selection of food from burgers to pasta to pizza to steak. It will definitely meet anyone in your party's needs. The service was friendly and prompt. The bathroom was clean. The prices were extremely reasonable. I would definitely eat there again, next time I'm in town.Special Features:
- Client LuncheoncparkVIPDined on 6/9/2014I had the burger and it was great! We first sat outside and were getting eaten alive out there by mosquitoes so we moved inside. We shared the crab cake appetizer which was good.Special Features:
- Great BurgerDeniseDined on 6/5/2014Lunch at the Front Page was perfect again. A great burger with good company - who could ask for more!Special Features:
- Bar SceneOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/28/2014Essentially a college/20's to early 30's bar and pub. Nice outdoor seating if weather is in the mood. Food is ok, but really more bar fare (pretty good, but not foodie material at all). Plus is outdoor seating, bar area is really loud, service with a smile, but think bar scene.Special Features:
- Good Food, Casual DiningCollegePoorDined on 5/16/2014Selection of food was good, service was friendly and attentive. When in the DC area, I would go vack.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeAzure42Dined on 5/12/2014My wife and I ate here one of the first nights we arrived in Washington DC. We liked it so much that we returned a few nights later with friends. The bar can become very noisy and the sound carries throughout the whole place. We would have asked for outdoor seating, but couldn't stand eating so close to the cigar smokers stinking up the entire area.Special Features:
- Overrated; Go elsewhereChepostVIPDined on 5/11/2014Maybe it was just Mother's day, but talk about overrated! Buffet was not backfilled, the food that was there, was dried out. Service wasn't bad when we saw our waiter. In in the end, we should have gone elsewhere and paid less for better food.
- always yummyTammyDined on 5/10/2014I have dined here many times and am pleased each time. This time I took Mom and she too enjoyed it. Can't w to try the brunch. Love love love the shrimp and grits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 451 reviews are from the The Front Page - DC reviews archive.
- Great service and foodcsingDined on 4/25/2014This was a very nice find. Middle of the road pricing, and lots of choices on the menu. Service was very good. Kitchen sent out a sample of an appetizer for us. Accommodating to our kids, good selection for them. Great location on Dupont Circle. Very busy bar area with Happy Hour crowd, separate from dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the weary TravelerJohnATLfoodieDined on 4/19/2014I chose this restaurant on the fly using OpenTable filters looking for American Kid Friendly menus near the metro DC area. I got a bull's eye with this restaurant. I entered on the bar side at first and was afraid it wasn't suitable for my audience, but then I realized the dining area was on the other side and perfect for what I needed. The food was incredibly priced and delicious. I had the Cajun Chicken Fettucine, and it was packed a little spice but was very very satisfying. Our tall waiter origianally from Arizona was great, personable and friendly. It was the perfect dinner and precisely what we were looking for! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Great FoodEllisDined on 4/10/2014We were seated as soon as we arrived . Our waiter was extremely attentive. Great food . While reservations were made, they were not needed. The lunch hour was rather slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend in DCpuntacanaDined on 4/5/2014We went with another couple for our first visit to Front Page. The staff was very friendly and we got our table as soon as we walked in. The booths in the back of the restaurant are so small and very tight for 4 people to sit at . We didn't feel like we could relax at all. Our food came out cold and had to be sent back, but the waiter immediately fixed the problem. I don't think we would go back to this restaurant, nothing really stood out to us.Special Features:
- Best Happy Hour around!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014The deals at The Front Page cannot be beat, college bar prices for a sophisticated crowd and environment! I am looking forward to dining here again ASAP!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas in March?GeorgiaPeachDined on 3/10/2014I normally love Front Page, good happy hour vibe. Went for lunch with my hubby last week and every other song was a Christmas song...it's MARCH! Kind of funny at first, but then got annoying. Also, one of their delivery trucks hadn't arrived so none of the salmon meals, including the special, could be ordered. Not enough of a deterrence to keep me from not coming back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKrtesmerVIPDined on 3/10/2014Service was just ok, they were out of Salmon of all things! Never like it when a server pours iced tea into my coke!
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014Front Page-DC is an amazing place to dine. The staff is always friendly and the food has never disappointed me taste-wise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in a hurry, whichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014We were in a hurry, which we let the wait staff know, and appreciated that they served us quickly.
- HIghly recommendMasonDined on 2/14/2014Great food, service, and drinks. Highly recommend for 20s-30s.Special Features:
- Great for a Business LunchMarkDined on 1/9/2014Meeting over lunch was great. Food was good, server was responsive to our needs, but aware of the fact a meeting was going on.Special Features:
- It was good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/3/2014I've been here for happy hour on two occasions and it's always been packed. The back part of The Front Page tends to be more quiet. The food was ok. I had the fish and chips. As much as I love talapia, this is not the right white fish to use for fish and chips. Also, i was thrown by the breading rather than a beer batter. It made the fish too heavy.Special Features:
- Didn't KnowTammyDined on 12/20/2013I grew up in MD and have worked in the DC Metro area all my life and just cannot believe I didn't know about this place. Our server Javier was the best. The food was well presented and tasted yummy! My faforite drink "mojito" was also good. I will defenitely revisit Front Page....hmmm can I get over there today?! I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub Atmosphere With A Good VibebrontymanDined on 12/18/2013This is a place for comfort food shared with good friends over stories about your day. For those who live near Dupont Circle it is a neighborhood place that must be tried at least once. The good mood and the good food stave off the blues of a bad week bad weather and perhaps even a broken heart. Save room for the chocolate cake, it'll make you want to call home to speak to mom!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open Table-Front PageOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/17/2013Worked flawlessly. Great stress reliever to find available space when I needed it for a small group meeting for viewing National Christmas Tree. Very accommodating for early arrival. Attentive staff with good food at reasonable(for DC) prices. Comfortable atmosphere for conversation. Great experience & our out-of-town relatives were duly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch TooTeamHolidayLunchDined on 12/11/2013A friend tipped me to Sunday Brunch at the Front Page, but I had never gone there for lunch. What a great find for lunch. The menu and food is excellent, service is courteous and efficent for lunch. Now I will highly recommend not only for Sunday Brunch, but Lunch as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Buffet FeastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/28/2013Very wide array for menu options for the Thanksgiving buffet maintaining a traditional style to the menu. All of the I sampled was extremely tasty and plentiful. Had very good wait service attending to the patrons' needs. A wide variety of tasty desserts as well. The noise level was reasonable and holiday festive. Appreciated the seating request accommodation for my disability. Reasonably priced for seniors. Will definitely return And bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A successful Thanksgiving outingclarityDined on 11/28/2013I needed a restaurant that would suit my visiting family, which meant it had to be reasonably priced, conveniently located, and able to offer a certain amount of variety in its Thanksgiving menu (including flexibility for the celiacs among us). The Front Page's Thanksgiving buffet was tasty, well-staffed, and very reasonably priced. We especially appreciated the wide variety of dessert options (pumpkin cheesecake, yum). Some items ran short from time to time, but they were always replaced quickly by the staff, even towards the end of service. The food was well-cooked and tasted fresh, except for a couple of minor temperature issues--but that's par for the course in a buffet. Overall, a solid choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food; bad serviceswingline111Dined on 11/11/2013I've been to Front Page before and had excellent service. Today, our server didn't put in our order a full 30 minutes after we arrived. Even though it took a long time to get our food, it was good, and they did compensate us for our inconvenience. It was just unfortunate I was so late getting back to work.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JP2013VIPDined on 11/9/2013I had only been to The Front Page for happy hour or late at night before and was surprised how good their food was! We had a free appetizer and I got the sirloin with mashed potatoes. Overall, a good meal!Special Features:
- Same as I rememberAimeeDined on 10/22/2013And that's a good thing. Good food, quieter and not crowded like it used to be. Good to catch up with former work colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience but...DCeatingVIPDined on 10/19/2013We liked that the bar and dining room were separated enough to give the overall place a vibrant atmosphere and yet allow for dinner conversation. The restaurant was hip and at the same time conveyed tradition. Food and service a bit disjointed. Our salads came out at the same time as the entre and the waiter didn't understand our frustration. My roast chicken was overcooked and dry. We had to ask for ice for the room temperature table water.Special Features:
- brunchMemphisVisitorDined on 10/6/2013I absolutely love going to The Front Page, its the highlight of my moms visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Service, not so much.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/1/2013It's was Sunday night on Labor Day weekend so it wasn't very crowded but our waiter didn't come to the table often enough to make sure our drinks were full. He seemed inexperienced, only was 21yo. The food however was quite good. The salads are entree portions and their tastes were remarkable. Although we ordered the salads with our entrees, our waiter said nothing about their size, thus we'd ordered too much food. The salmon was prepared to perfection and the seafood pasta had lots of shrimp, scallops, mussels, crab meat and fish in it; tasted wonderful over linguini noodles. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor serviceKetchuponlyDined on 8/31/2013The food was great-I had a burger and my friend had wings. We split the fries appetizer and we also had margaritas. It was happy hours and our appetizer was half off, and our drinks were $5! However, it took more than ten minutes for a server to come to out table and when someone finally did, it was the manager, who was very nice. It ended up being the manager who provided us with better service than the server who must have been new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outside dining, but...MmmGoodDined on 8/31/2013Sat outside, which was lovely and much quieter than inside tables seemed to be. Just one word of warning, watch out for the metal grates underneath outside tables. They vent heat from the parking garage below street level. Two of us that were seated over the grate had to contend with periodic blasts of hot air, which made our dinner a bit less pleasant than it would have otherwise been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch is good but not dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013Too loud for dinner and the food was not that good. The service was terrible, very slow! We were never asked about dessert and it took at least 40 min to get our check. Brunch is very good here though and the brunch service is good too.Special Features: