The Front Page - VA
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontpagearlington.com/
- Phone: (703) 248-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herbert Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to hold a special event? From Luncheons and Office Parties to formal sit down dinners the Front Page can accommodate any party big or small. With our back bar and atrium space we can host parties from 20 Guests to 300 Guests. The bare space can be set to be unique to each party that we host. And there is something for everyone in our large party package menus.
- Entertainment: Please check out website for information.
A word from The Front Page - VA
Famous for our great food, affordable prices, and friendly service, The Front Page has been a Dupont Circle institution since the day we opened our doors in 1987 and now open in Arlington. Whether you want to watch the game on one of our nine televisions, enjoy a relaxing meal with family and friends, or have a cocktail and dance the night away we are the perfect place. The architectural highlights of exposed brick lend a rustic sensibility in the middle of bustling Ballston, while the white tablecloths and linen napkins provide a touch of cosmopolitan elegance. Our menu highlights American cuisine, with Steaks, Pastas, Seafood prominently featured as well as sandwiches, salads, and the best Baby Back Ribs you will ever have. In addition, every night for dinner and every weekday for lunch our chefs prepare several sumptuous specials. Saturdays we have an a-la-Carte breakfast menu and Sundays we serve an extensive All You Can Eat Country Brunch Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Front Page - VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Front Page - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (20)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (4)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- woggieVIPDined on 11/20/2014We always enjoy Front Page and seeing our friends (the staff). The steak kabob (new) was wonderful! Hope they do it again! Always great seafood and sauces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 11/6/2014Always the best crabcakes around - and best sauces! We always look forward to seeing out friends at Front Page!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 10/30/2014The tilapia is excellent as is the provencal sauce. Great rice and vegetables. Always great seafood! Good to see our Front Page staff friends!Special Features:
- No flavorcparkVIPDined on 10/28/2014I had a business luncheon here and was disappointed. We started with the fried pickle appetizer and they were actually very good but the meal went downhill from there. Two of us ordered rockfish as it was the special of the day. My associate ordered it blackened and it was very dry. I ordered mine broiled and it had absolutely no flavor. Perhaps the DC location is better!
- A nice place to go toTravlerDined on 10/26/2014I travel a good amount and rely on the local restaurants where am at the time. I am one to be cautious when trying a new place. This place was an easy walk from the Metro and in a great downtown neighborhood. It has a nice upscale casual inside and nice well spaced tables for sidewalk dining too. We ate inside since it was cool out and we were served in a timely fashion. Our wait person was attentive. The food was presented very nicely on our plates. (It looked so nice that I snapped a few pics of each plate. Unfortunately I am not sure how to post them) We wanted something simple so we ordered hamburgers and wraps. Next time I'm in DC I'll definitely look them up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Always great to visit our staff friends at Front Page and enjoy the wonderful seafood, vegetables and sauces! A Ballston GEM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Always a pleasure to taste the great seafood, sauces and vegetables. Also great to see and chat with our Front Page staff friends! Front Page is a great asset to Ballston.Special Features:
- Great Experience But...Singlereeds86Dined on 10/8/2014I had a great time for the most part the service was amazing, and the food was great. Everything was done in a timely manner but the fire alarm lights were flashing the whole evening which really took away from the experience, my date and I ended up going to another venue for dessert because the flashing lights were an annoyance beyond measure. I don't know if the issue has been resolved but it is not something that should be the standout when the resturant does such a great job of everything else. It is the first thing I remember when I think about the dinner we had. Besides the lights I enjoyed the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 10/2/2014Always a pleasure to have the wonderful seafood and sauces as well as converse with our Front Page friends! Great restaurantSpecial Features:
- September lunchPJRspecialsDined on 9/26/2014The quality and value of the food were good, which may be the most important features of a restaurant.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 9/25/2014Always great to chat with staff and enjoy excellent seafood and sauces! We look forward to our weekly visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worstIndustryProfessional11Dined on 9/19/2014The service was good, but we had too many people walk by and check on us when we first sat. I was unsure who our server was since he or she did not introduce themselves. We were looking around for him or her, so we could place an order. After the order was placed she checked on us periodically, which was helpful. She was not overwhelming and pushy, so our experience went well.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always great seafood and sauces - great atmosphere - great staff - it is a weekly pleasure for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I've enjoyed the brunch here for a while, never crowded early like the Dupont Circle location in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 9/11/2014always look forward to our lunches at Front Page. Excellent seafood and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always a great place to get crabcakes! And a great place to interface with our FP friends and enjoy the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 8/28/2014best crabcakes! always great seafood. great patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 8/21/2014always a pleasure to enjoy the seafood and visit with our staff friends. excellent sauces and very good vegetables. great outside patio area.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 8/14/2014the roast beef sandwich was not up to Front Page par - always good to chat with our service friends thereSpecial Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always great seafood and the veggies and sauces are terrific! Just a really great spot and always fun to catch up with our serving friends!Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantDisabledDinerDined on 8/3/2014We were delighted with the friendly and helpful staff behavior. The menu variety was good, and the served food was good. Food presentation could be a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/31/2014a treat to sit outside - always great to catch up with our friendly staff members - outstanding seafood and great pesto sauce!Special Features:
- Its okNychaelaSymoneDined on 7/27/2014I wouldn't truly call brunch at this location a 'brunch'. It's breakfast with 4 non-brunch items. It's a decent neighborhood spot but not worth the travel if you don't live in the area. The cheesecake factory would be a much better option. The food was mediocre at best and our service was not very good. Our server was slow, she didn't remember our drink orders, and we waited soo long to get our check that I finally had to get up and find her. This spot is not my 'cup of tea'. I won't be returning.
- The following 292 reviews are from the The Front Page - VA reviews archive.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/24/2014always a pleasure to have the great seafood and be able to visit with our staff friends. the sauces and vegetables are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/17/2014best crab cake around - always a pleasure to visit with staff - great outdoors areaSpecial Features:
- Good place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Good place for a business lunch...able to converse and the food is good.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 7/10/2014always great seafood and vegetables and sauces--always great to chat with the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great Cod and caper/cream sauce - always fun to visit our staff friends and taste the great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/26/2014In spite of the large group gathered to watch soccer, the service was commendable! The seafood (cod), sauce, rice and veggies were great! Another great lunch at Front Page!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/19/2014Experienced a very good beef strip with rice - great sauce and veggies!! Excellent seafood at Front PageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Makes ItJBismynicknamedammitVIPDined on 6/17/2014Restaurants can have the best menu food ever but it won't make a difference if the service is horrible. Likewise, if the food is "ok" great service will help make up for it...to a point. The food at Front Page was not bad, it just was not knock-your-socks-off great, although the salmon special was really good, though a bit too big! (Did I really just say that?) The service at this location is what seals the deal. From the moment we walked in the door we were right at home. They even accommodated our weird request to have a quiet spot, away from the World Cup (Go USA!).Special Features:
- BrunchRatherEatOutDined on 6/15/2014We have been for brunch several times and were pleased with this visit. We sat outside and they could have used more umbrellas as the sun was very hot. Our server was pretty slow but we were not in a rush so it didn't bother us, but we have definitely had better servers on other visits. They always serve the same brunch menu. This time the smoked salmon was wasn't kept cold and was not edible. The imelettes were very good, as always. It is very standard fare like you would see st most hotel buffets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/12/2014I don't see why it is necessary to respond in 50 characters--- the seafood and sauces are great - what more can we say - it is nice to visit with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.travel4foodDined on 6/5/2014The food was horrible and the service was pitiful. Enough said.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/5/2014best crabcakes around - great sauces - this is silly - why should I have to spend time just to get up to 50 characters!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 5/29/2014As usual, the crabcakes were great as were the fries and sauces - hope this makes the 50 character "rule" which I think is stupid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good -- food disapointingFreshfoodjunkieDined on 5/23/2014Four of us were there for an early dinner before going to a play in DC. Our server was attentive. One person had the crab cake sandwich which was great. Three of us had the flounder that evening and we all felt it had a strong fishy taste and was not fresh. Very disappointing since we had been there before and had very good food.
- poor serviceHamiltonDined on 5/23/2014poor service , great food. visit your restaurant for lunch a lot and service is not improvingSpecial Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 5/22/2014I don't know why you care how long the review is --- that is silly - vey good seafood, sauces and vegetables! OK???? Am I up to 50 characters now??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 5/8/2014The seafood is always very good! And the sauces and vegetables are also great. It is always nice to sit outside near a little "park" area even if the fountain wasn't on during our visit.Special Features: