The Front Page - VA
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontpagearlington.com/
- Phone: (703) 248-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herbert Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to hold a special event? From Luncheons and Office Parties to formal sit down dinners the Front Page can accommodate any party big or small. With our back bar and atrium space we can host parties from 20 Guests to 300 Guests. The bare space can be set to be unique to each party that we host. And there is something for everyone in our large party package menus.
- Entertainment: Please check out website for information.
A word from The Front Page - VA
Famous for our great food, affordable prices, and friendly service, The Front Page has been a Dupont Circle institution since the day we opened our doors in 1987 and now open in Arlington. Whether you want to watch the game on one of our nine televisions, enjoy a relaxing meal with family and friends, or have a cocktail and dance the night away we are the perfect place. The architectural highlights of exposed brick lend a rustic sensibility in the middle of bustling Ballston, while the white tablecloths and linen napkins provide a touch of cosmopolitan elegance. Our menu highlights American cuisine, with Steaks, Pastas, Seafood prominently featured as well as sandwiches, salads, and the best Baby Back Ribs you will ever have. In addition, every night for dinner and every weekday for lunch our chefs prepare several sumptuous specials. Saturdays we have an a-la-Carte breakfast menu and Sundays we serve an extensive All You Can Eat Country Brunch Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Front Page - VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Front Page - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Server had some problems understandOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2013Server had some problems understanding our wine order and at times seemed to look right past me when I attempted to waive him down to ask for service. Food was bland, unattractive, unappetizing and overpriced. Won't be back.
- I had a great time. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013I had a great time. Service with a smile. Great ribs. My only complaint is that the glass of Shiraz I had was from a bottle that had been open too long. I should have sent it back, but did not want to look like a snob since I was the only one at the bar drinking red wine. Perhaps that should have been a hint!
- The food was only ok. ManyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2013The food was only ok. Many of the buffet items were empty, and it took quite awhile to refill. Our server seemed overwhelmed and seemed unable to keep up-had to wait 20 minutes to find her for a water refill and another 15 minutes just to request our check. The food that remained stocked on the buffet was good, but its frustrating to have to keep going up, wait in line, and then get to what you want only to discover it was empty again/still.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/25/2013We had a party of 12 and the service was GREAT and the food tasty. We love this establishment! I brought a group of Arlington parents with special needs children (autism). Everyone is VERY grateful to our friends at the Front Page for always being so supportive of our kids and families - and always giving the best service and food! Thank you! We will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Great Sunday Brunch!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/20/2013Great Sunday Brunch, good food (made-to-order omelet), good service, reasonable price, & as a bonus $1 mimosas!!!Special Features:
- Service was good but the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 1/12/2013Service was good but the food was lacking. It was rib night and we were there at 6:30pm only to be told they were out of ribs. Doubt we will go back for dinner.Special Features:
- We went there with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2013We went there with a friend for brunch. The service was great, food choice was good. Even though there was a Raven's playoff game on the TVs in the bar areas, it was quiet where we were seated. They didn't try to rush us out after the meal, so we had a very relaxing, enjoyable experience. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Reliably great lunch - fine servicejc6202Dined on 1/3/2013Front Page is always a predictably great place for lunch. Once again, really good food at really good prices and attentive service. This is my place of choice for lunch with clients and colleagues in Ballston.Special Features:
- Highly recommend The FrontOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/30/2012Highly recommend The Front Page for brunch and for weekday lunch. The happy hour is fun and affordable.Special Features:
- Super Neighborhood Hot SpotJettparmerDined on 12/15/2012Great food and solid service. We arrived early on a Saturday night. Parking may be a problem, but the restaurant has plenty of space, just across from Ballston Common Mall. We each had a different entree. The hamburger was actually cooked properly (medium rare) and the Chesapeake Chicken was delicious as was the Chicken Picatta and tenderloin medalions.Special Features:
- if you don't mind having aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/25/2012if you don't mind having a bunch of people at the bar yelling about a football game, the restaurant atmosphere was fine--- service was awful
- The brunch buffet wasn't great,ballstonian1Dined on 11/25/2012The brunch buffet wasn't great, but the mimosas were only $1 and we were able to sit immediately. The waitress charged less than the advertised $19, which made it more worthwhile. I don't think I would go back and pay full price for the brunch food though.
- Food was not that great. RoastOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Food was not that great. Roast beef was too rare to eat!! Limited selection of choices for a Thanksgiving buffet. Service was also poor- my waitress even forgot our silverware!
- Enjoyed Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2012Enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner with my nephew. I had to keep asking the wait staff for small dessert plates, just fyi. Also, there was a football game going on, which was great, very festive. Nice staff you have!Special Features:
- We had Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012We had Thanksgiving dinner there and will definitely return for a regular dinner out.Special Features:
- The best turkey I have everOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/22/2012The best turkey I have ever had. Moist and flavorful. Sides were great too, especially the wild rice, and pumpkin pie.Special Features:
- I reserved a place at TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012I reserved a place at The Front Page for their Thanksgiving buffet as a treat to myself during a long holiday weekend of studying for a professional certification exam. I was seated promptly and the server refilled my glass and removed empty plates as needed. The food was arranged so as to be accessible by multiple people. Assortment was OK: 3 salads, 2 kinds of potatoes, 2 kinds of green vegetables, 2 kinds of gravy, turkey and roast beef, 4 kinds of dessert. Everything was held at the correct temperature except the meat, which was cold. I understand not wanting to put it under a heat lamp because it would dry out but is there no alternative? The gravy was hot so that helped warm the meat but still. Otherwise I am happy with the visitSpecial Features:
- We were out-of-towners & IPartyofThreeDined on 11/11/2012We were out-of-towners & I had a HUGE hankering for prime rib. In the past, it was a no-brainer...The Orleans House. But alas it's no more. I'm happy to say that I found a really great alternative in The Front Page. Sundays are Prime Rib nights & boy was I happy. I took the chef's suggestion for a paired Cabernet Sauvignon & was not disappointed. I checked scenic view because we were seated by the front window & could people watch and vicariously enjoy the local mall traffic. I will say that my husband reports that his NY Strip was "nothing special," since in his opinion it wasn't seasoned at all. But it was juicy, large and reasonably priced. The baked potatoes were perfectly done and our service was fast & friendly. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Pay attention to your seating!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012We met friends for a quick meal before heading to the movies. The Front Page has good food, so it was an easy choice and convenient. I should note that we were a group of 5, all 50 years of age or older. Heading to our table, we realized that we were about to be seated at a long booth in between two booths filled with families with young children. What!?! Clearly NO consideration was given to THE CUSTOMERS but obviously only to benefit the wait staff. We asked to sit in another area of the restaurant - away from the "young children" section.
- Family gathering followingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012Family gathering following the Marathon. Service by Hannah was great. Perfect for our needsSpecial Features:
- Twilight ZoneOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2012"It feels like we're in the twilight zone." Is how my wife described our experience. We couldnt help but laugh. Decent food but everything else around the experience was very poor including the service, ambiance, and staff attitude. I guess we should have been suspicious about why on a nice saturday evening this was one of the only places in arlington with tables available.
- Good place for a last minute dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2012I had the best sandwich there and the crab dip was to die for. The service was very nice. The waiter was attentive and always refilled drinks. Food came out right after we finished the crab dip. The resturant makes a person feel like they are away from a busy city. Everyone was nice and the food hits the spot.Special Features:
- For a $200 lobster dinner,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012For a $200 lobster dinner, I have to say this was my worst experience in Ballston. The lobster needs to be drained before service and the least I expect from my server is for her to know where the lobster comes from (it does say so on the menu). We had to ask multiple times for drinks, and waited far too long for assistance in all aspects of the meal. I don't care if the server was new or not, train your staff, this dinner was rediculous.
- Everything was just awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012Everything was just awesome kid friendly. My daughter left with a smile on her face they made her feel specialSpecial Features:
- Great lunch at The Front Pagejc6202VIPDined on 10/2/2012I always enjoy going to The Front Page in Ballston. This was another very good lunch, the onion soup was delicious and my half of chicken salad sandwich was great. My fellow diner enjoyed her salad and the service was great. Even got the window table I requested. Nice people, very good service - always predictably good.Special Features:
- Waiter lost our dinner orderOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Waiter lost our dinner order three times. Blamed it on a computer. Still waiting for the dinner rolls. Will not return to this restaurant.
- I met with six of my formerDohany71Dined on 8/22/2012I met with six of my former co-workers at The Front Page because it's close to where we're working now. It was a good choice. The menu had a lot of great-sounding options, the food was pleasing to the eye and VERY pleasing to the tongue, and the service was fantastic. No complaints at all. I'd have no problem recommending it.Special Features:
- The drinks were far too wateredOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/19/2012The drinks were far too watered down, even after we complained. The food was excellent though.
- Great Group Gathering VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/19/2012Front Page Restaurant – VA serves as a great gathering place for brunch with friends. The atmosphere is causal and depending upon what time your arrive you can see everyone from those recovering from the night before to the morning churchgoers looking to feed more than their souls. The buffet and omelet bar provided a countless selection of offerings for dining satisfaction. The mimosas were pedestrian at best, however, for a bottomless beverage bar, what more can you expect? The spicy Bloody Mary that I was served was a great alternative and if I get the opportunity to go again, I will opt for that over the mimosas. I recommend highly the restaurant for groups for its metro accessibility, generous parking, ability to satisfy all levelSpecial Features:
- Didn't know that this wasKevinDined on 8/1/2012Didn't know that this was a massively popular bar/hang-out spot. Still, the food was pretty good and they didn't rush us.Special Features:
- Brunch choices were limited.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2012Brunch choices were limited. Restaurant tv's too loud. Overall experience was that the food was really not that tasty.
- Had their monthly specialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2012Had their monthly special 21-day dry aged steak and it was amazing! Great service and food- had a great time all around.Special Features:
- I went for the first time,Todd1961VIPDined on 7/22/2012I went for the first time, and likely the last. The food was not inexpensive and it was marginal at best. I would not recommend this as a destination to do anything more than have a burger and some beers on the patio. Far better places to eat within walking distance.
- Very good. Staff is friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/15/2012Very good. Staff is friendly and very attentive. Love to go here for brunch.Special Features:
- MEDIOCRE FOOD. HORRIBLE SERVICE.pierreVIPDined on 7/1/2012MEDIOCRE FOOD. HORRIBLE SERVICE. WE WILL NEVER GO BACK!
- Worth a LookOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/1/2012Excellent for Sunday a la carte menu and moderate prices. Brunch also available. Parking available in building at $6 (on Sunday).Special Features:
- Outdoor dining is problematic.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012Outdoor dining is problematic. It was very loud. More of a bar atmosphere - OK for large groups, not great for a couple. The seafood was good.Special Features:
- Three had the crab cake sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Three had the crab cake sandwich everyone thought they were good. One had the salmon platter thought salmon wasn't too good. Overall we enjoyed the place and would go back for lunch.Special Features:
- All the food at the breakfastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/27/2012All the food at the breakfast buffet was cold, including the coffee. Not worth the price.
- Front Page Arlington is a gemRangertrixDined on 5/22/2012Thanks to the Front Page staff for making our family reunion dinner an exceptionally enjoyable event. Service was attentive, presentation of food terrific, and all 6 of us were very pleased with the experience.Special Features: