The Front Page - VA
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontpagearlington.com/
- Phone: (703) 248-9990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herbert Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to hold a special event? From Luncheons and Office Parties to formal sit down dinners the Front Page can accommodate any party big or small. With our back bar and atrium space we can host parties from 20 Guests to 300 Guests. The bare space can be set to be unique to each party that we host. And there is something for everyone in our large party package menus.
- Entertainment: Please check out website for information.
A word from The Front Page - VA
Famous for our great food, affordable prices, and friendly service, The Front Page has been a Dupont Circle institution since the day we opened our doors in 1987 and now open in Arlington. Whether you want to watch the game on one of our nine televisions, enjoy a relaxing meal with family and friends, or have a cocktail and dance the night away we are the perfect place. The architectural highlights of exposed brick lend a rustic sensibility in the middle of bustling Ballston, while the white tablecloths and linen napkins provide a touch of cosmopolitan elegance. Our menu highlights American cuisine, with Steaks, Pastas, Seafood prominently featured as well as sandwiches, salads, and the best Baby Back Ribs you will ever have. In addition, every night for dinner and every weekday for lunch our chefs prepare several sumptuous specials. Saturdays we have an a-la-Carte breakfast menu and Sundays we serve an extensive All You Can Eat Country Brunch Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Front Page - VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Front Page - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (21)great for outdoor dining (20)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- woggieVIPDined on 5/8/2014The seafood is always very good! And the sauces and vegetables are also great. It is always nice to sit outside near a little "park" area even if the fountain wasn't on during our visit.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 5/1/2014The seafood, sauces and vegetables are always A-one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Always a pleasure to visit with our friends at Front Page and enjoy the great seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Always a pleasure - great trout, sauce and veggies!Special Features:
- ServiceBruncher22VIPDined on 4/13/2014When dealing with the restaurant and using open table they were not accomidating with Open Table. I talked to two different hosts and one said that our table went through, the other host said that there was nothing listed. I also overheard the hosts talking about customers in a negative, in which I didn't feel comfortable myself, they were complaining a great deal, very loudly.Special Features:
- the trout this time was notwoggieVIPDined on 4/3/2014the trout this time was not as great as the Front Page usually does. but it is always fun to catch up with our friends there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the lobster/shrimp sandwichwoggieVIPDined on 3/20/2014the lobster/shrimp sandwich was not up to Front Page's usual par for excellence. we enjoyed visiting with our friends as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I was there for the sunday brunch. the food is AMAZING plus mimosa for $1. HECK YES! My only problem was the table being too closed to each other. I would hear the whole conversation between the people next meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and affordableReviewerVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was great for a casual meal. Food and service were good but not extremely notable.Special Features:
- As always, a great treat towoggieVIPDined on 2/27/2014As always, a great treat to see our friends and enjoy the great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice BrunchJMReyDined on 2/23/2014Buffett or breakfast or lunch from menu. Bloody Mary bar. All good quality for a reasonable price. Parking in garage under building for $3. Booth seating 6 easily. Overall a good place for Sunday Brunch. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always great to see our friendswoggieVIPDined on 2/19/2014always great to see our friends and enjoy the seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure - greatwoggieVIPDined on 2/14/2014Always a pleasure - great seafood, sauce and vegetables!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly place to eatbcdoyle48Dined on 2/11/2014The Front Page is a nice bar/restaurant combination with predictable ambiance. The food is good and the people working there were very friendly and helpful. I thought the fare was a bit limited and the Fish of the Day (as listed on the menu) did not exist, oops. I was in good company, and had a good time. Would I go back? Probably not.Special Features:
- Seafood, sauces and vegetableswoggieVIPDined on 1/30/2014Seafood, sauces and vegetables are great! Always good to see our friends! Go Front Page!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good, not great but that's OKdbg123Dined on 1/24/2014I love this place for a a casual pint of beer and and a burger. It's not the best food in Arlington..but it's pretty good bar food and pretty well priced. I would gladly have a burger and a beer here any day.Special Features:
- Thanksgiving buffet was overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/28/2013Thanksgiving buffet was overpriced and a disappointment.
- Nice holiday buffet at good priceJavajaneDined on 11/28/2013I went to Front Page for its Thanksgiving buffet. At $25.99 it was fairly priced. Few people were there at 1:30 but by 2:30 it was picking up. Ball game was on TV but it wasn't loud. The meal included a variety of breads/rolls, salads (Greek orzo salad was delish), roasted turkey and dressing, baked ham, salmon, roast beef, white and sweet mashed potatoes, creamed spinach, a green bean dish, corn, etc., (no beverage). The meal was delicious, with only the turkey dressing being under par. There was a variety of cakes and pies for dessert. I thought the meal was well worth the price, and in fancier surroundings it no doubt would have been more expensive. Service was excellent, and I'm very pleased with the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wide array of brunch foodFoodraterVIPDined on 11/10/2013A wide array of brunch food options at the buffet for everyone. Also great Mimosa specials and tons of Bloody Mary options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchswippageDined on 11/3/2013Good selection, good quality. You can tell the manager wanted everything to be just right. The brunch special Mimosas were good. If you're staying in Clarendon, it's a good place to grab a beer and watch the game, grab a burger or Brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday outingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013This location was much more suitable for brunch than the DC location. The experience was more pleasant. Not to take anything away from the DC location; It's just too busy on the weekend, especially for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than standard spots barHarryDined on 8/4/2013I went there to grab a burger as I watched the Braves (sorry Nats fans) game and preseason football. They had plenty of TVs and good food. Not much more I could ask forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, subpar serviceAnonDined on 8/3/2013We were looking for a place close to Ballston Metro that we wouldn't feel underdressed for on a Saturday night. This fit the bill, had decent reviews, and their site said they had the best BBQ ribs. I won't agree that they had the best ribs; they weren't bad, but they certainly weren't anything to rave about. However, the crab and artichoke dip appetizer was AMAZING. I would go back just for that. For a Saturday night (albeit early, around 7:30-8), the whole place was pretty empty, but the music was still pretty loud. Even though there weren't many people, the wait staff were inattentive and slow, but if you're not in a rush, it's not a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with A ColleagueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013I chose this restaurant based on my visit at another location in DC. It did not disappoint it was equally vibrant warm and consumer friendly. I was meeting a colleague for lunch to catch up. The food was good and the service was outstanding. The staff was pleasant friendly and inviting. This establishment is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a quick biteOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/20/2013Good place for a quick bite to eat. I wish the Sunday brunch was all weekend!
- Enjoyable meetup placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/16/2013Nice, casual dining in the neighborhood . Easily accessible and friendly establishment.Special Features:
- Good food slow serviceShellDined on 7/14/2013I took some out of town guests here for brunch on Sunday. The buffet selections were plentiful and the food was good. Two of us ordered from the menu. The waffle and omlet did not disappoint. The only downside was the slow service. Perhaps it would have been better if all of us ordered from the buffet. The server was pleasant, but, slow.Special Features:
- Never Disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2013We took my husband to The Front Page for Father's Day brunch. It didn't disappoint! The omelets were outstanding; the various fixings and fruit were delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday celebration dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/31/2013We were a party of 5 who came to celebrate a birthday there because we are all share partners of Caps season tickets. We like going there because the service is excellent, the food is good and we like the feel of the place. They took very good care of us, even placing the birthday cake I brought into the fridge until we were ready for it. They took our orders efficiently and our waiter was especially courteous and helpful. We have been there before and will return many more times. Great casual place where you can enjoying getting together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCWmBillDined on 5/19/2013Had a wonderful morning. The food was excellent. Service was prompt, courteous and friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2013I went here after hearing that it was a great place for lunch. We enjoyed our main course the appetizer was just ok, but the service was extremely slow, which surprised us. I'm sure they know that most people on their lunch break and need to go back to work. Due to the slow service, I will not return.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Food was good, although a bit overpriced for the selection available. Kids had a good time. Our table was not ready although we had an early reservation.Special Features:
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/12/2013It's typical brunch fare, but prepared fresh. The scrambled eggs were so-so - not bad, but I've seen them served better at hotel breakfast buffets. The corned beef hash was outstanding though and the pancakes were very good too. The strawberries were fresh and finally, a restaurant that doesn't make a gelatinous mess of the strawberry syrup - looks like they do what I do at home - fresh strawberries, a little bit of sugar, mix and refrigerate - it's really that simple and a much better result. The roast beef was also very good and they have one of the better horseradish sauces I've seen in the area. Overall, it was an excellent meal that won't blow you away with variety, but what they do offer is very well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentBrunchyDined on 5/12/2013We used to go to the Front Page in DC for brunch. We thought the Front Page in Arlington would be similar, but it was disappointing. The brunch offerings were nothing special. Anything fresh (fruit and vegetables) were anything but. They did offer us a rose for Mother's Day, which was sweet.
- The Chet's salad special wasTerberDined on 4/25/2013The Chet's salad special was excellent. Everyone really liked the food that they ordered. Our waiter was "on it." We were pressed for time and he made sure that we got in and our in time for our next meeting. Excellent service.
- Brunch was okay. Very crampEvelDined on 4/14/2013Brunch was okay. Very cramp in food buffet serving area. The omelet service is the cause of the congestion, plus only one person trying to serve omelets to everyone. Need to expand stations to eliminate congestion of those waiting for their omeletSpecial Features:
- Easter BrunchlakergirlinvaDined on 3/31/2013Went here for Easter Brunch. The food was great with plenty of options including an omelet station.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013This was our second visit here. We felt it was not as good as the first visit. They had a special on ribs that night, and they tasted as though they were cooked the day before and just reheated. The salmon was good.
- Good, reliable place for lunch,EleanorMDined on 3/8/2013Good, reliable place for lunch, especially for sandwiches and salads. Haven't tried other entrees recently but they always "look" good.Special Features:
- You will love this restaurantArlingtonVIPDined on 2/16/2013We've been enjoying meals (lunch, dinner, brunch) at the Front Page for almost a decade and it rarely disappoints in any area. They will accommodate any reasonable request including the transformation of a Reuben sandwich into a vegetarian alternative. The atrium of the NSF building provides a place for larger groups. We've also used the atrium for hula hooping with the kids on a January day while the adults finished brunch. Evenings are special, too. My favorite dish is the Peppercorn Tuna. If you are a Washington Caps fan, you can sometimes spot players at the Front Page after practice at the Kettler Iceplex across the street. Game nights are noisy in the bar area, but the dining area is still nice. The Key Lime pie is outstanding.Special Features: