The Front Page - VA
4201 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Front Page - VA
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.frontpagearlington.com/
- Phone: 7032489990
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Herbert Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to hold a special event? From Luncheons and Office Parties to formal sit down dinners the Front Page can accommodate any party big or small. With our back bar and atrium space we can host parties from 20 Guests to 300 Guests. The bare space can be set to be unique to each party that we host. And there is something for everyone in our large party package menus.
- Entertainment: Please check out website for information.
A word from The Front Page - VA
Famous for our great food, affordable prices, and friendly service, The Front Page has been a Dupont Circle institution since the day we opened our doors in 1987 and now open in Arlington. Whether you want to watch the game on one of our nine televisions, enjoy a relaxing meal with family and friends, or have a cocktail and dance the night away we are the perfect place. The architectural highlights of exposed brick lend a rustic sensibility in the middle of bustling Ballston, while the white tablecloths and linen napkins provide a touch of cosmopolitan elegance. Our menu highlights American cuisine, with Steaks, Pastas, Seafood prominently featured as well as sandwiches, salads, and the best Baby Back Ribs you will ever have. In addition, every night for dinner and every weekday for lunch our chefs prepare several sumptuous specials. Saturdays we have an a-la-Carte breakfast menu and Sundays we serve an extensive All You Can Eat Country Brunch Buffet.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Front Page - VA - Best Restaurants in Arlington ›
The Front Page - VA reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (23)good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- September lunchPJRspecialsDined on 9/26/2014The quality and value of the food were good, which may be the most important features of a restaurant.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 9/25/2014Always great to chat with staff and enjoy excellent seafood and sauces! We look forward to our weekly visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the worstIndustryProfessional11Dined on 9/19/2014The service was good, but we had too many people walk by and check on us when we first sat. I was unsure who our server was since he or she did not introduce themselves. We were looking around for him or her, so we could place an order. After the order was placed she checked on us periodically, which was helpful. She was not overwhelming and pushy, so our experience went well.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always great seafood and sauces - great atmosphere - great staff - it is a weekly pleasure for usSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I've enjoyed the brunch here for a while, never crowded early like the Dupont Circle location in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 9/11/2014always look forward to our lunches at Front Page. Excellent seafood and sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Always a great place to get crabcakes! And a great place to interface with our FP friends and enjoy the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 8/28/2014best crabcakes! always great seafood. great patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 8/21/2014always a pleasure to enjoy the seafood and visit with our staff friends. excellent sauces and very good vegetables. great outside patio area.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 8/14/2014the roast beef sandwich was not up to Front Page par - always good to chat with our service friends thereSpecial Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 8/7/2014Always great seafood and the veggies and sauces are terrific! Just a really great spot and always fun to catch up with our serving friends!Special Features:
- Good Neighborhood RestaurantDisabledDinerDined on 8/3/2014We were delighted with the friendly and helpful staff behavior. The menu variety was good, and the served food was good. Food presentation could be a little better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/31/2014a treat to sit outside - always great to catch up with our friendly staff members - outstanding seafood and great pesto sauce!Special Features:
- Its okNychaelaSymoneDined on 7/27/2014I wouldn't truly call brunch at this location a 'brunch'. It's breakfast with 4 non-brunch items. It's a decent neighborhood spot but not worth the travel if you don't live in the area. The cheesecake factory would be a much better option. The food was mediocre at best and our service was not very good. Our server was slow, she didn't remember our drink orders, and we waited soo long to get our check that I finally had to get up and find her. This spot is not my 'cup of tea'. I won't be returning.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/24/2014always a pleasure to have the great seafood and be able to visit with our staff friends. the sauces and vegetables are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/17/2014best crab cake around - always a pleasure to visit with staff - great outdoors areaSpecial Features:
- Good place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Good place for a business lunch...able to converse and the food is good.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 7/10/2014always great seafood and vegetables and sauces--always great to chat with the staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 7/3/2014Great Cod and caper/cream sauce - always fun to visit our staff friends and taste the great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/26/2014In spite of the large group gathered to watch soccer, the service was commendable! The seafood (cod), sauce, rice and veggies were great! Another great lunch at Front Page!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/19/2014Experienced a very good beef strip with rice - great sauce and veggies!! Excellent seafood at Front PageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Makes ItJBismynicknamedammitVIPDined on 6/17/2014Restaurants can have the best menu food ever but it won't make a difference if the service is horrible. Likewise, if the food is "ok" great service will help make up for it...to a point. The food at Front Page was not bad, it just was not knock-your-socks-off great, although the salmon special was really good, though a bit too big! (Did I really just say that?) The service at this location is what seals the deal. From the moment we walked in the door we were right at home. They even accommodated our weird request to have a quiet spot, away from the World Cup (Go USA!).Special Features:
- BrunchRatherEatOutDined on 6/15/2014We have been for brunch several times and were pleased with this visit. We sat outside and they could have used more umbrellas as the sun was very hot. Our server was pretty slow but we were not in a rush so it didn't bother us, but we have definitely had better servers on other visits. They always serve the same brunch menu. This time the smoked salmon was wasn't kept cold and was not edible. The imelettes were very good, as always. It is very standard fare like you would see st most hotel buffets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/12/2014I don't see why it is necessary to respond in 50 characters--- the seafood and sauces are great - what more can we say - it is nice to visit with our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed.travel4foodDined on 6/5/2014The food was horrible and the service was pitiful. Enough said.
- woggieVIPDined on 6/5/2014best crabcakes around - great sauces - this is silly - why should I have to spend time just to get up to 50 characters!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 280 reviews are from the The Front Page - VA reviews archive.
- woggieVIPDined on 5/29/2014As usual, the crabcakes were great as were the fries and sauces - hope this makes the 50 character "rule" which I think is stupid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good -- food disapointingFreshfoodjunkieDined on 5/23/2014Four of us were there for an early dinner before going to a play in DC. Our server was attentive. One person had the crab cake sandwich which was great. Three of us had the flounder that evening and we all felt it had a strong fishy taste and was not fresh. Very disappointing since we had been there before and had very good food.
- poor serviceHamiltonDined on 5/23/2014poor service , great food. visit your restaurant for lunch a lot and service is not improvingSpecial Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 5/22/2014I don't know why you care how long the review is --- that is silly - vey good seafood, sauces and vegetables! OK???? Am I up to 50 characters now??Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 5/8/2014The seafood is always very good! And the sauces and vegetables are also great. It is always nice to sit outside near a little "park" area even if the fountain wasn't on during our visit.Special Features:
- woggieVIPDined on 5/1/2014The seafood, sauces and vegetables are always A-one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 4/24/2014Always a pleasure to visit with our friends at Front Page and enjoy the great seafoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- woggieVIPDined on 4/17/2014Always a pleasure - great trout, sauce and veggies!Special Features:
- ServiceBruncher22Dined on 4/13/2014When dealing with the restaurant and using open table they were not accomidating with Open Table. I talked to two different hosts and one said that our table went through, the other host said that there was nothing listed. I also overheard the hosts talking about customers in a negative, in which I didn't feel comfortable myself, they were complaining a great deal, very loudly.Special Features:
- the trout this time was notwoggieVIPDined on 4/3/2014the trout this time was not as great as the Front Page usually does. but it is always fun to catch up with our friends there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the lobster/shrimp sandwichwoggieVIPDined on 3/20/2014the lobster/shrimp sandwich was not up to Front Page's usual par for excellence. we enjoyed visiting with our friends as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I was there for the sunday brunch. the food is AMAZING plus mimosa for $1. HECK YES! My only problem was the table being too closed to each other. I would hear the whole conversation between the people next meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and affordableReviewerVIPDined on 2/28/2014This was great for a casual meal. Food and service were good but not extremely notable.Special Features:
- As always, a great treat towoggieVIPDined on 2/27/2014As always, a great treat to see our friends and enjoy the great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.