The Frog and the Peach
29 Dennis St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Frog and the Peach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.frogandpeach.com/
- Phone: 7328463216
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30 - 10:00; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Bruce Lefebvre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re planning that special birthday dinner, your daughter's intimate wedding, or a corporate meeting followed by dinner, The Frog and The Peach offers a superb venue with spaces for groups as small as 10 and up to 55. For larger groups, the entire restaurant can accommodate up to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Tagmouti 7328463216x16
- Special Events: Festival of Peaches!!
5-Course Tasting Menu
(offered mid-July to mid-September)
Celebrating New Jersey’s Ripe and Delicious Home Grown Peaches
A word from The Frog and the Peach
The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Frog and the Peach - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
The Frog and the Peach reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (79)romantic (63)notable wine list (61)neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (44)great for lunch (23)good for groups (23)hot spot (11)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Very overrated - food was good, but not worth the price. Atmosphere was nothing special, and service was very slow. I do not understand all the hype about this restaurant, and would not recommend it; there are much better options in the area.
- Very good - not greatRickDined on 10/18/2014This used to be one of the best NJ restaurants. Food was very good but not at the level at these prices. Service was OK - but they tended to forget us at times. Not the restaurant's fault - but surprising to see many patrons dressed for McDonald's.Special Features:
- Seasoning 101TheMcCheedlerDined on 10/16/2014Firstly I will state the service was excellent. The food, while very good, simply did not hold up its end of the deal. The portion size left something to be desired (more food), and the dishes all suffered from a lack of seasoning. When I am paying 20 dollars for appetizers and over 30 for entrees I shouldn't have to add a single grain of salt to my food. The food was still delicious but I did not find it to be a great value considering I have eaten much better food at less than half the price, from other local restaurants. I would recommend the Frog and the peach to couples looking for a romantic evening or to those who have eaten everywhere else and need to see what the buzz is about.Special Features:
- Frog and the PeachMototimVIPDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Outstanding and interesting food and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteGerriDined on 10/12/2014My favorite restaurant. And on Sunday you can bring your own wine with no corking fee. and the waitress even decanted it!Special Features:
- Special nightVballmomDined on 10/11/2014From start to finish the service was impeccable! The staff was attentive and helpful. Our meals were delicious. It was a wonderful Anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Don't get me wrong, the service was outstanding and the food very good, but I have been to better restaurants for the same price or less. I guess I had higher expectations given the favorable reviews The Frog & The Peach has received in magazines. After leaving the restaurant my wife and I made comparisons to other restaurants we visited in the area, and we both agreed that we liked Panico's better.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014A beautiful and unique restaurant. Service and management were very kind, friendly, witting and engaging. The attention to detail and also the thoughtful replacements for the gluten and dairy in your dishes for me was fabulous. The children's menu had healthy and delicious choices that went far above the typical.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow serviceNMinNJDined on 10/3/2014Slow service but not the waiters' faults. They're assigned too many tables to attend. Food was okay, over priced in my opinion.Special Features:
- Nice ambiance and good foodFrogpeachDined on 10/3/2014The ambiance was very nice along with the very tentative wait staff. Food was very good as well. The only thing is the tables are very close so there is not a lot of room between the back of your chair and the person behind you where we sat. Even with that I would go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014A nice fancy restaurant with a bit of a gourmet approach to food. I don't know if it would rank as best in the world, but everything was flavorful and delicious. A little pricey, but I got this prix fix special that included a salad, entree, and desert for $42 since we came before 6:30 PM; our money was well spent. All in all a pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I expectedNotwhatIexpectedDined on 9/29/2014The Frog and the Peach is touted to be the best restaurant in New Brunswick, but we found it overpriced with dishes that were not that spectacular. The food was well-prepared and tasty, but I wanted some creativity from the chef and also the right blend of flavors to put the dish well above the ordinary. I had the grilled Octopus which is much better done by the Greek restaurant in Highland Park. The sauce was not that great - too garlicky. I also had the carpaccio with thin sliced peaches. The mix of flavors was uninspired. My husband had Bison. The sauce on the Bison was excellent, and the Bison tender. The wine was very good.Special Features:
- Tasting menu so soCoraceeDined on 9/29/2014We went for my mother's birthday. We got the tasting menu which is tied together by all peach elements. I think I was most disappointed because the first and second course were taste-wise ok and the rest was executed well with good flavors but not unique (i.e. peach cobbler). Also, the wait staff did not tell us what we were eating so we were constantly guessing, not a huge problem if at least we had a menu. Overall, the food and service were good but not phenomenal.Special Features:
- neverhomeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our go to place for soecisl celebrations. We did a birthday dinner. Appetizers chosen were oysters, heirloom tomato salad and melon salad. Dinners were fluke, king salmon, chicken and a bidon flank steak. All were wonderfully prepared with interning sides. Great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit dissappointed...ShelbieDined on 9/20/2014We had dinner here on Saturday evening, after not being there for five years. The wait between courses was long and the waiter forgot to bring our side dishes, but offered to go back to the kitchen and get them to us in a few minutes. It had already been a wait for our entrees, so we told him not to bother. Instead, he brought an apple crisp for the table for dessert. In addition, we felt that our Fish entrees were not as fresh as they should have been...maybe it had been previously frozen?! We will not return anytime in the near future.Special Features:
- Great !RicocanDined on 9/20/2014For our anniversary my wife and I visited the restaurant on the weekend. The food, service and atmosphere was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Elegant dining near the HyattSoixante97Dined on 9/18/2014A local favorite, the food is always excellent and the service top-notch ... excellent wine list and a yet a fun and non-stuffy venue for group dinners!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the hypeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/11/2014Food was good, but was a bit overpriced. Pretty bad service as well.
- Mavdoc13Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent food and service. Chef even made a special request meal for vegetarian in our party. Highly recomended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall very good but priceyfewdluvrDined on 9/5/2014The overall experience was very good but a little pricey at $250.00 for two plus tip. Granted we had a bottle of "cheaper" wine, 3 cocktails, 2 of each of appetizers, entrées, sides, expressos and desserts. I've had similar or better experiences for less. The food was excellent but the service was good. The timing was a little off. Our expressos came out 15 minutes before our desserts. We were seated in the garden room which is open to the outside which was nice. I thought the portion sizes were fine, not too small as others have written. The menu selections were unique and delicious. We had the marrow and gnocchi apps, pork shoulder and lamb entrées, Mac and cheese and creamed cauliflower sides, crème broulet and peach cobbler desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedDonoVIPDined on 8/31/2014We have often read great reviews and had an occassion to try this resturaunt - sorry to say we will not go back. The service was slow and inattentive - even though the place was nearly empty. The presentation of the food was nice but portions small and taste mediocre. My fish entree (special for the evening) was so overcooked it was almost inedible. The beet appetizer was the highlight. Other entrees ordered included veal, red snapper, salmon and filet mignon - all noted as "ok". The white wine was served and had not been chilled. Our party of 5 tried different desserts and all were ho hum - even the peach cobbler! The creme brulee was heavy and cold. Overall a huge dissapointment.Special Features:
- DisappointingLjS53Dined on 8/31/2014Five of us went last Sunday evening, expecting a fine dining experience. Apart from the hostess and the guy who served the bread, the service was unprofessional (manager was clearly annoyed by our request to move from a table for 10 to one more more appropriate for 5), surly (the attitude of one of the servers), unknowledgeable (server didn't know anything about the food or wines), and even bizarre (server garbled a rush of nonsense every time he came to the table). The food was also disappointing. Combinations of ingredients were poorly conceived or not well prepared. We did like the molten cake, & the bread & butter. Definitely not the high end place it purports to be, nor a restaurant that has any business costing about $100/person.
- Good, not GreatJosRadDined on 8/27/2014Many glowing reviews led us to the Frog and The Peach. That we were there in the midst of NJ's peach season seemed a bonus. As a peach fan my hopes were high. We sat in their outdoor patio. Very nice. Overall the service was inattentive. Empty water and wine glasses were only filled after we managed to gain the attention of a server. When we finished, after 15 minutes I had to stand up and wave at the group of servers who were busy chatting in order to get one to bring the check. As for the food, it was fairly good, but not the stellar presentation and flavor we were expecting. And the featured peach dishes (I had a salad with peach slices so thin you could see thru them and the bland peach crumble) were disappointing.Special Features:
- BeMi827Dined on 8/27/2014Attentive service, fantastic food! Server was very knowledgeable regarding menu choices and preparation of dishes. A lovely ambiance for a special evening., intimate and leisurely. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceTrainmanDined on 8/26/2014Food was superb, Loved the Bison Flank Steak. Would like to try the Peach Paring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food! Some standouts: tuna sashimi appetizer, heirloom tomato salad, the lamb chop and wonderful peach cobblerSpecial Features:
- Food Not GoodJim4285Dined on 8/19/2014The service was great but the food is not good at all. Everyone ordered the mushroom soup and it was just a can of beef broth with no mushrooms in the soup. Everyone agreed the soup was terrible. Some of us had fish, steak sandwich and the omlette - food had no seasoning and a tasted just plain boring. I would not recommend this place for the food but the service was good.Special Features:
- dkloznerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nothing Special. I expected better, considering prices
- HPdinerDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. Was very helpful when I asked for a medium-priced bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Patron for 30 yearshappilyretiredDined on 8/16/2014Always look forward to the Jersey peach prix fixe dinner in August and it didn't disappoint. But the bison steak was tough. This is the first time we were disappointed with a dish. The service was somewhat lacking this visit. The front desk seemed flustered when 2 parties entered at same time. Although we were first, the party behind us interrupted and the hostess took care of them before us. Then another party came in and interrupted and she conversed with them while we continued to wait to be seated. Other lapses include waiter not explaining the carbonated water would have a charge and be a large bottle; crumbs were not cleaned from the table before dessert; and we were not offered coffee/tea after the entrée. Becoming average!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Peach MenuGreekGirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014The peach tasting menu was wonderful. Chef Bruce never lets us down. Save room for the peach cobbler !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner for twoStillatreatDined on 8/12/2014Our meal was fabulous, start to finish. The food was fresh and combined appealing tastes and textures. Everything was terrific but the peach carpaccio and veal shoulder were particularly good, as was the side of mac n cheese and the sticky toffee pudding dessert. The service was friendly and helpful but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 8/10/2014We found the Frog and Peach an excellent place to dine. We sat outside which was great to be able to enjoy the night. The food was of top quality and the portion size was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The 5-course peach tasting menu was extraordinary. The Sancerre and Re Manfredi (Aglianico) wines were excellent too,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 8/8/2014Excellent meal. Chef combines interesting ingredients for a different, but satisfying taste. 6 course "peach" menu was excellent. Fabulous desserts - esp meyer lemon cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/7/2014We very much enjoyed our evening at the Frog and the Peach. The server was very accomodating and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Portions were scrimpy. Wine pour smkemnyVIPDined on 8/6/2014The kitchen was slow. We ordered the salmon and it was out of stock. The wine potion was small . The kitchen took forever to get the food out. Prices were not balance with portion.
- Small birthday lunchWellingtonNassau140Dined on 8/5/2014I had ordered special flowers for the table and they were there when we arrived. We dined at a lovely corner table, a sunny yet cool spot. I ordered the $25 prix fixe, which actually came to $30 for a small romaine salad and one soft shell crab — very expensive for the amount of food that made it to the plate. My daughter loved the gnocchi and my mother very much enjoyed the scallops. Desserts were very, very good - molten chocolate cake and sticky toffee pudding. Service was friendly but a bit slow. Overall, relaxing, excellent food, wonderful ambience. A near perfect choice for celebrating a special occasion in the New Brunswick area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachesJohnDined on 8/4/2014The summer peach tasting menu paired with wines was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food superbly presentedarllDined on 8/2/2014I went to this restaurant with two friends on the recommendation of a local person (I am from London). It was a very pretty venue although when we arrived the wind was quite high and the fans were on as well and we felt cold at 8.30 in the evening. However, the wind dropped and we became quite comfortable. The service was pleasant but plates were cleared the moment the last mouthful had been taken even though one of us was still eating. The food cannot be faulted. Stars were for the charred octopus (nothing rubbery about this), peach with duck and almonds followed by roast shoulder of veal, and a soft shell crab dish all with interesting combinations. Disappointed nothing to do with frogs on the menu but delighted by the peaches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.