The Frog and the Peach
29 Dennis St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Frog and the Peach
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.frogandpeach.com/
- Phone: 7328463216
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:30 - 10:00; Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Bruce Lefebvre
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you’re planning that special birthday dinner, your daughter's intimate wedding, or a corporate meeting followed by dinner, The Frog and The Peach offers a superb venue with spaces for groups as small as 10 and up to 55. For larger groups, the entire restaurant can accommodate up to 150.
- Private Party Contact: Jack Tagmouti 7328463216x16
- Special Events: Festival of Peaches!!
5-Course Tasting Menu
(offered mid-July to mid-September)
Celebrating New Jersey’s Ripe and Delicious Home Grown Peaches
A word from The Frog and the Peach
The Frog and The Peach, located in downtown New Brunswick, NJ is one of the Garden State’s premier dining venues, recently named NJ’s best “All Around” restaurant for “its impressive New American cuisine” and rated fourth most popular restaurant in the state by Zagat Survey. Whether seated in one of the warm and inviting alcoves of this stylish, swank restaurant set on two levels, in the newly renovated outdoor Garden, or in the inviting bar area, diners will enjoy Chef/Proprietor Bruce Lefebvre’s modern American menu with a seductive international spin. Try signature selections like the Tuna Sashimi with cucumber salad and lemongrass broth, Black Truffle Gnocchi with almond basil pesto or Tea Cured Duck Breast with a jasmine rice cake, pea greens, shiitake mushrooms and smoked duck jus. The award winning wine list offers 400 selections carefully chosen by wine director Jim Mullen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Frog and the Peach - Best Restaurants in New Brunswick ›
The Frog and the Peach reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)fit for foodies (84)romantic (67)notable wine list (66)neighborhood gem (60)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (24)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (13)hot spot (11)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Attentive service, fantastic food! Server was very knowledgeable regarding menu choices and preparation of dishes. A lovely ambiance for a special evening., intimate and leisurely. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathyDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food! Some standouts: tuna sashimi appetizer, heirloom tomato salad, the lamb chop and wonderful peach cobblerSpecial Features:
- Food Not GoodJim4285Dined on 8/19/2014The service was great but the food is not good at all. Everyone ordered the mushroom soup and it was just a can of beef broth with no mushrooms in the soup. Everyone agreed the soup was terrible. Some of us had fish, steak sandwich and the omlette - food had no seasoning and a tasted just plain boring. I would not recommend this place for the food but the service was good.Special Features:
- dkloznerVIPDined on 8/16/2014Nothing Special. I expected better, considering prices
- HPdinerDined on 8/16/2014Excellent food and service. Was very helpful when I asked for a medium-priced bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Patron for 30 yearshappilyretiredDined on 8/16/2014Always look forward to the Jersey peach prix fixe dinner in August and it didn't disappoint. But the bison steak was tough. This is the first time we were disappointed with a dish. The service was somewhat lacking this visit. The front desk seemed flustered when 2 parties entered at same time. Although we were first, the party behind us interrupted and the hostess took care of them before us. Then another party came in and interrupted and she conversed with them while we continued to wait to be seated. Other lapses include waiter not explaining the carbonated water would have a charge and be a large bottle; crumbs were not cleaned from the table before dessert; and we were not offered coffee/tea after the entrée. Becoming average!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Peach MenuGreekGirlVIPDined on 8/14/2014The peach tasting menu was wonderful. Chef Bruce never lets us down. Save room for the peach cobbler !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner for twoStillatreatDined on 8/12/2014Our meal was fabulous, start to finish. The food was fresh and combined appealing tastes and textures. Everything was terrific but the peach carpaccio and veal shoulder were particularly good, as was the side of mac n cheese and the sticky toffee pudding dessert. The service was friendly and helpful but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- SteveSteveDined on 8/10/2014We found the Frog and Peach an excellent place to dine. We sat outside which was great to be able to enjoy the night. The food was of top quality and the portion size was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/9/2014The 5-course peach tasting menu was extraordinary. The Sancerre and Re Manfredi (Aglianico) wines were excellent too,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViviDined on 8/8/2014Excellent meal. Chef combines interesting ingredients for a different, but satisfying taste. 6 course "peach" menu was excellent. Fabulous desserts - esp meyer lemon cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014We very much enjoyed our evening at the Frog and the Peach. The server was very accomodating and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Portions were scrimpy. Wine pour smkemnyVIPDined on 8/6/2014The kitchen was slow. We ordered the salmon and it was out of stock. The wine potion was small . The kitchen took forever to get the food out. Prices were not balance with portion.
- Small birthday lunchWellingtonNassau140Dined on 8/5/2014I had ordered special flowers for the table and they were there when we arrived. We dined at a lovely corner table, a sunny yet cool spot. I ordered the $25 prix fixe, which actually came to $30 for a small romaine salad and one soft shell crab — very expensive for the amount of food that made it to the plate. My daughter loved the gnocchi and my mother very much enjoyed the scallops. Desserts were very, very good - molten chocolate cake and sticky toffee pudding. Service was friendly but a bit slow. Overall, relaxing, excellent food, wonderful ambience. A near perfect choice for celebrating a special occasion in the New Brunswick area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeachesJohnDined on 8/4/2014The summer peach tasting menu paired with wines was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food superbly presentedarllDined on 8/2/2014I went to this restaurant with two friends on the recommendation of a local person (I am from London). It was a very pretty venue although when we arrived the wind was quite high and the fans were on as well and we felt cold at 8.30 in the evening. However, the wind dropped and we became quite comfortable. The service was pleasant but plates were cleared the moment the last mouthful had been taken even though one of us was still eating. The food cannot be faulted. Stars were for the charred octopus (nothing rubbery about this), peach with duck and almonds followed by roast shoulder of veal, and a soft shell crab dish all with interesting combinations. Disappointed nothing to do with frogs on the menu but delighted by the peaches!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!SusieGolferDined on 8/1/2014Great meal for Special Birthday! Each course was better than the last--topped off with Warm Lemon Cake with special coffee and Hot Chocolate to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic QualityTonyCDined on 7/31/2014Truely a dinning experience, great and unique cusine, very attentive staff. Trist on Continental menu with great choices and carefully prepared dishes. Price is high but worth the value. Patio has very nice ambiance. The best resturant in New Brunswick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Star Isn't Bright Enoughtaste1Dined on 7/27/2014The Frog and Peach is a stellar restaurant that still shines brightly after years service to patrons of fine cusine. The current offering, the peach festival, is a stand alone great. The five courses with paired wine superb. Once again they have lived up to and exceeded their reputation as a five star dining experience.Special Features:
- A true dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Ricotta gnocchi is the best ever - this is a Frog & Peach staple however they always mix it up keeping the menu creative. tuna tartar also amazing - I had the snapper w/calamari, clams which was so fresh and done very well. The other two had the combined lamb dish - cooked perfectly and not overdone w/herbs. The menu is farm to table so everything is fresh. Wine choices are also very good. Peach cobbler, sticky pudding and cream brulee also very tasty.Special Features:
- Very Nice!BobbycoxDined on 7/25/2014One of the classiest restaurants in New Brunswick. Portions are not large but high in quality. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedKristenDined on 7/24/2014The food was decent and the service was attentive, but overall I felt the place was overpriced and overrated. With so many other great options in New Brunswick, you can get more food, more options, and better quality food at other restaurants for the same price.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/19/2014As always, excellent food, wine and service. This time we loved the roasted bone marrow and grilled octopus appetizers.Special Features:
- Birthday DinneeFineDiningDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I had dinner for the first time as a birthday celebration. The food was delicious and the wine selection excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014While most of the food tasted pretty good, the portions are comically small for the price. We had appetizers, entrees, and desserts, and did not feel full. (A gnocchi appetizer, for example, comes with 8 little pieces of gnocchi!) The chicken dinner was pretty bland, and the duck dinner special was very tasty, but it was four tiny pieces of duck. So if everyone at the table wanted to try a tiny piece, that would be the entire meal! I would rather spend $150/couple elsewhere. And- the valet (there is otherwise no parking close by) costs $9!Special Features:
- Dirty dishesPuzzlEdDined on 7/18/2014As usual the food was impeccable and a genuine bargain during restaurant week, but we sat with dirty dishes on our table for a VERY long time. Perhaps they hadn't anticipated quite how busy they would be, and so perhaps they were short staffed but whatever the reason it was an unusual breach of their normally top flight service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's About The FoodEppyEatsDined on 7/14/2014I had eaten such a great lunch there about a month ago I had to try dinner & was I glad I did! Not an easy place to park, the menu is original and interesting. After a luscious tomato salad I took a chance on a loin pork chop. I say "take a chance" because pork chops can be tough and dry. Not this one! It was a loin chop which was thick yet juicy at a medium rare grilling. The reduction was super be and added as much fruity flavor as anyone could want. Surrounded by buckwheat spatzel it was very satisfying. If you're ever in downtown New Brunswick don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neverhomeVIPDined on 7/12/2014Perfect evening to dine on the patio. 2 of us choose the same things from the restaurant week menu, hot house tomato salad, fluke, a pound cake panzella type dessert with stone fruit. .. Fabulous! The others had grilled octopus and oysters to start. Dinners were the snapper and the Mahi Mahi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsJeffreyBDined on 7/12/2014This haute cuisine fixture in New Brunswick has just one fault. The very active bar generates noise which permeates the rest of the restaurant. Still, it's a small price to pay for a wonderful gastronomic experience.Special Features:
- Oxidized WineOenophileDined on 7/12/2014Overall experience was great, the food was wonderful. My problem was that when I ordered a glass of red wine, it was poured at the table, I tried it and it was obviously oxidized. I asked if it had been opened today, and the waitress said no. You would think at this point, she would offer to open a new bottle, but did not. I ordered another red wine by the glass, which was also oxidized, and again I sent it back. At this point, I gave up, being that the waitress did not offer to open a new bottle of anything, or at least check with the bartender to find the freshest bottle of red wine. So I enjoyed my dinner without a glass of wine, which is really a shame - not something I would ever expect to happen at a fine dining establishment.Special Features:
- Great food... at a priceDaveedDined on 7/11/2014The drinks and food items we chose were very good (we had some cocktails, a scallops appetizer, a duck entree and a fish entree). Service was competent, and the setting in the semi-outdoor "tent" was great for a summer night. Overall a good experience, but the final bill (about $200 for two people) was about 40% higher than what we'd pay at other similar eateries in the area (e.g., One53 in Rocky Hill or Eno Terra in Kingston).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative dishesGreekGirlVIPDined on 7/8/2014Menu changes regularly, with new dishes that show great talentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dining, definitely be backstrita60Dined on 7/8/2014Food, service and ambience excellent. Was a delightful experience before heading to theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentEblackDined on 7/8/2014My wife and I try to make it here at least 4 times a year. We often reserve it for special occasions, as it is a bit pricey, but the money is well worth it. The food is always fantastic, the menu is always evolving, and the owner has a commitment to supporting local businesses by offering products from farms and fishermen. Always a treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great choiceJohnBenegaDined on 6/30/2014Not a lot to say. Just simply perfection. They're just on a different level , simply the best choice in New Jersey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review your bill carefully!scintronVIPDined on 6/30/2014Went for lunch with friends. Noticed they offered a price fixed lunch for $25 (Wine or dessert, soup or romaine salad, entree). Started with two glasses of chardonnay, changed one appetizer order from spinach salad to romaine to fit the price fixed deal. Ordered one desert to go, only because it came with the meal. We were charged an additional $18 a glass for the wine, plus $10 extra for the dessert. I realized the mistake on the drive home and called the manager. I was told that the wine we ordered (chardonnay) was not on the price fix and neither was the dessert. When I asked why the waiter didn't day anything, I was told they are under no obligation to promote the specials. We were supposed to guess as to which wines were included.
- GemVayaDined on 6/29/2014An established restaurant that has never skimped on quality. Highlights of meal were the tuna sashimi, and veal shoulder special of the evening. The tasting menu is a great value too. Try to go on a Sunday when the corkage fee is waived. I look forward to going again when the menu changes. Only recommendation for them would be to try to improve the service. I did not consider it to be bad, but in a restaurant where the food is that good, the wait staff should try to equal it. For example, when being served they could not provide descriptions of what each plate was composed of. This kind of info contributes to a diner's experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2014I was surprised that the meal needed salt; very rarely do I have to add salt when dining out at this type of restaurantSpecial Features:
- Dinner for 7. Perfect placeBarratoneyDined on 6/25/2014We were 7 people. Food was great. Great fish selection. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect every time!LisaMDined on 6/25/2014Our experiences at The Frog and The Peach have always been superb but when they know we are there for a special occasion they treat you like a celebrity!!!! We strongly recommend the restaurant to everyone we meet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.