The French Room
The Adolphus Hotel
1321 Commerce St.
Dallas, TX 75202Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: $50 and over
The French Room
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.hoteladolphus.com/
- Phone: 2147428200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday through Saturday, 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
We are NOT participating in Restaurant Week this year.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, American, French American
- Executive Chef: Marcos Segovia
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: The French Room hosts monthly gourmet luncheons featuring best-selling authors and personalities. These "Authors at The Adolphus" events create memorable dining experiences that often include menus inspired by the book's setting and theme.
- Special Events: The French Room hosts monthly gourmet luncheons featuring best-selling authors and personalities. These "Authors at The Adolphus" events create memorable dining experiences that often include menus inspired by the book's setting and theme.
A word from The French Room
Editors at Bon Appetit, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, and Fodor's have consistently included The French Room on their annual lists of superlative restaurants. The Zagat Survey of America's Top Restaurants ranks the dining room No. 1 for food, decor, and service, and it's only one of nine restaurants in the United States to have achieved a near-perfect food score. Texas Monthly and D Magazine list The French Room among the best restaurants in Dallas. It is now the only dining room in Texas to hold the AAA Five Diamond Award. Guided by Executive Chef Marcos Segovia, whose culinary talents have earned him acclaim around the world, The French Room is an execeptional dining experience by any standard.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The French Room - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The French Room reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (122)romantic (119)fit for foodies (74)notable wine list (73)scenic view (12)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Another excellent eveningDebsDined on 10/21/2014As always the food, service and ambience were amazing. Would highly recommend eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traditional ClassCLO50VIPDined on 10/21/2014Unfortunately, the elegant fine-dining style of the past is fading away. Although I enjoy the more contemporary approach, there is a beauty associated with past traditions. The French Room delivers that classy, fine-dining model. I was taken back in my mind to evenings in Venice or Florence. The ambiance found at The French Room is getting harder and harder to find. The food was spot-on. As assortment of Petrossian xavier, foie gras, tuna tartare....all perfect. Wine selection was a little limited, but adequate. Wine service was perfect. All in all...a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Terrific ExperienceeastcoasttransplantVIPDined on 10/18/2014My fiance and I went to the French Room to celebrate our engagement and had an absolutely wonderful experience. We both had the Chef's Tasting Menu and everything was cooked to delicious perfection. Particularly noteworthy is the staff at this restaurant- they are just incredible. There is no "stuffy" vibe at all, and they explain each dish with knowledge and charm while making you feel right at home in the beautiful surroundings. The French Room is simply the best for a romantic special occasion.Special Features:
- The French Room worthy of Michelincowick22Dined on 10/16/2014We have been to many 1,2,and 3 Michelin star establishments and the food at The French Room rivals any we have eaten . Some other places may have a more daring menu but the precision and execution exhibited at The French Room was excellent. The flavors were wonderful and the dishes were plated with a discerning eye towards beauty. I have seen other more exquisitely plated dishes but the combination of precision, execution, flavor and nice plating along with a very charming and gracious staff made The French Room very memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There is a reason it is #1JonInDallasDined on 10/15/2014This was my second visit to The French Room. I went there based on TripAdvisor reviews - both times were simply perfect. For such a top-notch dining experience it was certainly reasonably priced - it could be much more expensive. Do note the dress code - jackets for guys, no jeans, no tennis shoes, etc. Go dressed to impress; this is a special occasion place and you need to dress accordingly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/14/2014Once in a lifetime amazing. Sooo special! Have not dined anywhere like this. You truly felt like you were royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodGourmetDined on 10/14/2014Excellent food and service. I have dined in some of the world's finest steak restaurants, and the tenderloin at the French Room was among the finest pieces of beef I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- RWN123Dined on 10/10/2014Expensive, but excellent restaurant; delicious food, the best service ever, extensive wine list; perfect for Birthday, anniversary or other special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent in all waysDRinDallasVIPDined on 10/9/2014We booked thinking it would all be about the beautiful room. To our surprise the food, wine and service were the real stars! Loved that they give amuse bouche, intermezzo and take home banana bread. We left ours by mistake and the server chased us all the way through the lobby. Highly recommend; don't wait for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef's Tasting MenujholderDined on 10/4/2014We've been ten times and I would say this was one of my least favorite chef's menus. However, I went with the wine parings and those really made each dish. However, I would like to see a little more creativity, but overall a wonderful experience as always.Special Features:
- Very pleased!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Highly impressed, food and service were outstanding, great for a special occasion!Special Features:
- Exquisite!mynxDined on 10/4/20141st visit. Service attentive and food timed precisely. Professional and friendly romantic decor. Tried Foi Gras appetizer with chocolate sauce and received a special glass of wine that paired perfectly with it. So divine and melted in my mouth. Jumbo crab cake was very tender also. The palate cider sorbet great tasting. The complimentary mousse with shrimp and yellow tomato was very tasty. Beef tenderloin and Nova Scotia almond crusted seafood cooked to perfection. The French room three sorbets with mixed berries, a little more than I could eat. And my husband celebrated a birthday with his favorite chocolate cake. Happy Birthday was written on the plate, it was a nice touch! We were given a chocolate cake to take home even.Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerbelmakDined on 10/3/2014The food, service, and ambiance are unbeatable. We go there every year and it's consistently a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueambtexDined on 10/3/2014A beautiful resturant with attentive service. The food was well presented and tasty.Special Features:
- Nicest Restaurant in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014This is the nicest restaurant in Dallas by far - from the service to the food and everything in between. They treat you very well and each course is handled with great class. It truly feels like a royal dinner in France.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDINGDateNightCoupleDined on 9/20/2014THE BEST EXPERIERENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN A RESTURANT.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My wife and I were there to celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary. We have never been to a restaurant like this due to the expense and felt slightly out of place initially. The staff took care to make us feel comfortable, instructing us on certain aspects of the meal and explaining how certain foods are intended to be eaten. It was the experience of a lifetime. One I will find difficulty trying to out do in the future and one we shall remember for many years to come. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect as AlwaysbballDined on 9/19/2014The French Room never disappoints. We specifically fly to Dallas just to eat here. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The cost is very affordable for such extraordinary food and service. All the Captains are wonderful but Connie is our favorite. The staff goes out of their way to make you comfortable. Each bite of food is perfection. The blending of flavors is superb. Worth the trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not On Their Game...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Normally, the French Room is outstanding, but not tonight. My husband ordered the tasting menu with wine. I had asked that the temperature of my veal be medium. Instead, it was dry, overcooked and medium well. My husband's food was fine overall, but the timing of the wine service with the food service was off. He was generally almost finished eating a course before the wine for that course was ever served. In addition, my husband had ordered a coffee to be served with dessert. The coffee never arrived. We have been dining regularly at the French Room for years. Had this been our first time as patrons, I doubt we would return. However, I'm sure we'll return again, as I'm hoping this one night was just a fluke.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply StunningJerTurnDined on 9/12/2014I've had many fine dining experiences around the world, including fashionable restaurants in NYC, beautiful cafes in Paris, decadent & trendy spots in Tokyo. The French Room operates on its own level and is clearly a cut above the rest in Dallas, in the top 5 places we've ever dined. The service is impeccable, the food as well, and the atmosphere quiet & well put-together. The specifics: dining room is quiet and charming - not recommended for a large party or kids, but perfect for a romantic dinner or a couple of couples. For $80 we each had a three course meal with wonderful appetizers (Tuna, Pork Belly) and even better main course (Dover Sole, Tenderloin). Soufflé for desert is a must. Just stunning all around...simply stunning.Special Features:
- The complete dining experienceRutmanVIPDined on 9/10/2014The setting, the food, and the service are exquisite. The experience is traditional, to be sure, but because of the personable wait staff it isn't pretentious or stuffy. Our entire party had the beef tenderloin and hands down, it was the best I have ever eaten. Don't let the $80 fixed menu price fool you. By the time you add a few $10 surcharges, wine and tip, you will do well to spend less than $150 per person.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014One of the best Resturant's in Dallas. It's like being in EuropeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I find this to be the finest restaurant in Dallas.Special Features:
- Always a treatpadillahDined on 9/6/2014We have been to The French Room a couple of times now and it always makes our night feel special. The staff is always courteous and the food is always excellent. When asked for a recommendation they have concrete answers, not some generic "everything is good here". That being said - everything is good there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Expense was expected, but quality of food did not live up to expense. And the paint on the ceiling above our table was peeling. French Room needs a makeover.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceTenesseegirl2014Dined on 9/4/2014My husband and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary here. What a wonderful experience! I felt like such a princess.Special Features:
- Prepare to be pamperedDaleDined on 8/29/2014This place is phenomenal!! from the moment you step in you are covered with service that is elegant but not pretentious. we had a wonderful time. the food is great. the details are covered. we couldn't have been happier with our choice.Special Features:
- Elegant!vbreaux21Dined on 8/28/2014Incredible evening with an outstanding wait staff, excellent food and a beautiful setting. Simply elegant!Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014My wife loved it! Excellent experience. Fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Consistently excellentWonderWomanVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time here in less than a year. We stayed at the hotel this year to enjoy the bar prior to dinner. The food (e.g., foie gras, souffle, etc.) is outstanding and so is the service. I frame the menus and hang them in my kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatBemusDined on 8/23/2014It is always a special treat to dine in this glorious dining room. The extras help to justify the prices...amuse bouche, sorbet, petit fours, breakfast breads. The service is gracious and knowledgeable. Everyone makes you feel welcome. Is nice to see virtually the same staff, year after year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceLouiseDined on 8/23/2014This is a fantastic restaurant and always one of our favorites. The Hudson Valley foie gras was amazing. I also had the veal tenderloin- it was very tender and nicely cooked. My husband had the sole, and said it was delicious. The soufflé was excellent. Our server Carlos was attentive and the wine steward selected some wine to accompany our entrees as we did not want an entire bottle. I would highly recommend this for a special occasion meal or just a nice evening out if your budget permits!Special Features:
- The French RoomthefoodjunkieDined on 8/22/2014The French Room must be experienced at least once by anyone who visit or lives in the Dallas area. This is truly one of the best dining experiences out there. The food is truly amazing and cooked to perfection. Service is also top notch. Highly recommended. The only downside is the price but that is expected for the quality and service received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!DallasDinerDined on 8/21/2014I absolutely love dining at The French Room. The decor is beautiful and the service and attention to detail is second to none. But the food? Now that is what makes The French Room special! I have never had anything that I didn't want to relish every single bite. A great place for a special occasion - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Heavenly PefectionFrenchRoomLoverVIPDined on 8/20/2014There are more restaurants per capital in Dallas than any other US city, yet only ONE stands out when it come when it comes to the quality of the food, the ambience of the restaurant, and the impeccable service one receives when one dines at the French Room. From the moment you walk in, you're transformed into a room that could have been found in Versailles, and I'm sure the Louis VIII would have appreciated it as well. It's the small details, like the frette napkins that won't allow lint onto your outfit--especially when you're in navy and the napkins are white, to the staff that totally works together as a team WANTING to take care of its patrons. For the 3rd week in a row, the food was superb, loved the service--especially Connie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!ra0507Dined on 8/19/2014Remarkable. We all loved it. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Anniversay & Birthday Dinner25th53rdDined on 8/19/2014We spent our wedding night at hotel 25 years ago and decided to come for special dinner. Staff, food and atmosphere were all outstanding. Connie was so warm and friendly as was all the staff. My wife and I loved every part of the evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- tolertolerDined on 8/16/2014Saturday evening was one of the most memorable times we have ever had. Everything was just perfect and delicious. The service was outstanding! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special evening, and experience!!VingleDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time to visit the French Room. We came by a recommendation of friends. It was the special occasion of our 45th anniversary. The dining experience certainly matched the occasion. The ambience was especially fitting for our special evening. The service was superb and each course was exquisite in its presentation and a delight to the palate. Our 45th anniversary experience at the French Room will long be remembered. Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Disappointing!luvgreatfoodVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have had dinner here many times. It has always been exceptional. However, tonight was a HUGE miss! There seemed to be 3x rule for anything you wanted...you had to ask 3x before you ever got it. We asked for a wine list 3 times before finally getting it. Lemons 3x, butter 3x etc...I have never had service here this bad. When dinner finally arrived the veal was medium well even though I ordered it medium rare. Everything was cold. We should have sent everything back but at this point it was better to eat and leave. In my opinion, the French is perhaps one of the nicest restaurants in Dallas. However, with this many problems in one night, they need to pull it together FAST!Special Features: