35 Bay St.
Toronto, ON M5J 3B2Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.foxonbay.ca/
- Phone: 4168693535x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 11:30 am to 10:00 pm.
Thursday, Friday, 11:30 am to Midnight.
Saturday 4pm to Midnight.
Sunday 4pm to 10 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jeff Wah Kan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We can accommodate up to a maximum of 40people in our semi-private room called The Den. This area is completely closed off from the restaurant/ bar with an opening only at the doorway. We can also accommodate stand-up cocktail parties of 50-60 people in this room as well.
- Private Party Contact: Matt Simons 4168693535x
- Cross Street: Harbour Street
- Public Transit: THE FOX is located about a 4 min walk from Union Station and steps from the Queens Quay streetcar terminal.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is conveniently located in the underground lot below the Pinnacle Condo building we are located in the base of and the entrance is off Harbour Street.
A word from THE FOX
Classic pub fare in a classy urban setting. Bold flavours make up the menu, craft beer on tap, classic cocktails mixed at the bar, and always friendly service. We are located 50 yards south of the ACC at Bay & Harbour.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
THE FOX reviews from OpenTable diners
- No wait for a table with myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013No wait for a table with my reservation, good selection of beers and varied menu. Only "downside" was that it was very noisy but this was not unexpected as it was game night. Server was very pleasant and did not "hover" or rush us in placing our order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the Chicken Sandwich,TorontoFoodieVIPDined on 11/13/2013I had the Chicken Sandwich, which comes with brie & basil pesto. It was juicy and delicious! Perfect lunch with a side of sweet potato fries. My only gripe is that the prices are a bit steep for a pub lunch... my lunch was 17.95+ tax & tip for just a sandwich and fries.Special Features:
- BirthdayKayeDined on 11/9/2013Great! Accommodating with our request for a birthday celebration. Our spot to go to before any game (Raptors or Leafs). Never had a complaint! Excellent service... awesome atmosphere! PERFECT spot. We recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ACC ConvenienteaglehunterDined on 11/6/2013Top notch service, good food, not rushed out the door! Great spot if you're going to an event at the ACC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grabbed a bite before theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2013Grabbed a bite before the hockey game. Service was good and there is a great selection of beers. Four of us and 2 were okay with their meal (burger-fish and chips) 2 not too impressed..(tacos/nachos). Overall a good rating and a great location to the ACCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have a 3-5PM happy hourTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 10/30/2013They have a 3-5PM happy hour special where certain draught beers are $4.25. Pretty hard deal to beat!
- Above average pub fareTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 10/14/2013We are regulars at the Fox. They have great happy hour specials for beer, and the food is quite good. My favourites are the nacho stack and the pulled pork poutine. The wings are also pretty good!
- Great food, great serviceOuttathehouse03Dined on 9/28/2013Was undecided over a few menu items, waitress made recommendation and did not steer us wrong. The nacho plate was a 3 layer affair with chicken and pulled pork, it was soooo good! Had the turkey pot pie for main dish, it too was delicious! Great location downtown, a short walk from many sports and entertainment venues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run of the mill pubTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2013I usually get the nacho stack because it is absolutely delicious, and quite unique. But it costs $18 now, and just seems too pricy for nachos (even fancy nachos!). This time we shared poutine and spinach dip. The poutine is flavourful, but the fries are thick, which aren't my thing. The spinach dip was mediocre. A little too thick; not creamy enough, and the melted cheese on top was more noticeable than the dip. It only comes. With pitas... I love when restaurants givea blend of pita and tortilla chips.Special Features:
- Patio funMarkDined on 8/24/2013The wife and I made it in time for happy hour so we had cheap beer and people watched for an hour before dinner. Good food, good service. Whenever we stay at The Westin we'll be having a afternoon beer at the Fox.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2013I took my daughter and her friend for a quick bit before the show at ACC. The location couldn't have been any better. The service was quick and real friendly I felt like a regular at my local but never been there before.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch!hummingbirdDined on 6/19/2013The service was prompt, the food was well presented and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining outsideCfw1VIPDined on 6/9/2013We were looking for a place with the family our last night Visiting Toronto. One person wanted a steak, another one a margarita, and everybody wanted something delicious. The Fox delivered. Our waitress was excellent; accurate, prompt, and personable. It Was a bonus to be able to sample poutine with the family. One of the pluses was the opportunity to have basic burgers for some, mussels and other gourmet delights for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for sports events!NeighborDined on 5/25/2013We have been there to watch sports and the accommodate turning the volume up at the smaller room and changing the channels to watch the hockey games we want to. Food is really good for a pub! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks CatherineOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/21/2013We had a great time on the patio being entertained by Catherine (she made our day). Great selection of beers on tap (innis and gunn was my fav). Food came out quickly and was delicious. Start with the Natchos, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Lacking HeartJasonJDined on 5/12/2013Some friends and I went to The Fox for a Leafs playoff game. It was like going to see the game at grandmas which isn't what you expect (or want) in a pub. The food was dry, service was good, but overall the place just lacks energy or heart.
- People watching at its bestMarkDined on 5/6/2013Their patio has many different people walking by, spent a couple of hours enjoying really good craft beer and tasty food. Rachel treated us very well, she's got a wonderful sense of humor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun times and yummy food at The FoxOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013Went with some friends for drinks/late dinner as we had heard good things. The atmosphere is fun and staff welcoming. We ate in the sideroom, which feels like a cozy but classy living room of a good friend. The server was attentive, friendly and offered good suggestions. Our party indulged in beer, spirits and wine and were impressed by all the drinks. The apps and mains were really yummy and great value for your money (especially in that neighbourhood) We shared three apps. The riblets and pork sliders were delicious and really meaty, the spinach and cheese dip was awesome. Everyone except me had the fish tacos as an entree and were really happy. My poutine was amazing, best I've had outside of Quebec City! We'll be returning for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu was changed recently.kriszDined on 4/25/2013Menu was changed recently. Turkey burger without cranberry goat cheese from now, if needed ask it for extra $. Well, OK, but I couldn't get it for my money either as they had ran out of it. Too bad.
- I was 45 minutes late forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2013I was 45 minutes late for my reservation because I was stuck in traffic due to an accident. The FOX held my reservation for 45 minutes even when the restaurant was busy because of the hockey game.Special Features:
- Great selection of beer..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Great selection of beer.. Guinness was poured correctly... food was very good..will definetly return...Special Features:
- Grwat food and serviceTipsterDined on 3/14/2013Went before Maple Leaf game. Food and service was great and fast. Beer special before 5:00. Place to go before the game but should make a reservation.Special Features:
- Waterfront fave.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/12/2013Party of four: burger, nacho stack, salmon, veggie sandwich. Two side salads, a couple of mods to the menu and two desserts. All were excellent and handled with care. Salmon was especially spectacular! Beer-tasting trios (3 x 6 oz glasses of a variety of draughts) was lots of fun. Creme brulee was delish and the spiced ginger warm caramel cake was the best I've ever had since loving it as a kid growing up in Montreal. So... great chef, gastropub menu with some breadth, upscale table service, clean, kitty corner to the ACC, moderate prices. We've been a number of times and it's always super. The only hitch in that neighbourhood is parking.Special Features:
- HOT SPOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/11/2013The Fox had some great food (yummy burgers). At 5pm the noise level was quite high. I guess with groups of friends or co-workers meeting after work to take advantage of the beer specials. At one time the waitress asked the group to keep it down, because someone had complained about the noise level (didn't help much). What is great, is the location. Cross the intersection from the Air Canada Center. So it's very convenient to stop there before or after an event.Special Features:
- WE WENT BEFORE THE LEAFTSOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013WE WENT BEFORE THE LEAFTS GAME ON LATE SAT. AFTERNOON...& GOT A GOOD SEAT @ THE BAR..FRIENDLY STAFF & FOOD WAS REALLY GOOD...WE DIDN'T BOTHER GOING TO A TABLE AS FINE @ THE BAR...& STILL GOOD LEVEL OF SERVICE DID NOT FEEL RUSHED & FOOD CAME ON TIME FOR THE GAMESpecial Features:
- The best part of the Fox wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2013The best part of the Fox was the close proximity to the ACC, and convenient parking. We met up with friends before a concert, and it worked out great. They even played the band's cd! I had the steak, and I wasn't too impressed, but everyone else raved about their meals. We asked to add an additional person to our reservation, and there was some confusion with that, but otherwise no complaints.Special Features:
- Easy Access to the ACCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013The Fox was my pick to entertain clients prior to a concert at the ACC. The location: perfect, busy....ust a bit noisy for conversation. The drinks arrived slowly and often not at the same time - despite being seated next to the bar. The food did not meet expectation....a couple of guests ordered the Shepherds Pie and described it like stew topped with mashed potatoes. The 3 cheese mac and cheese was also disapointing....not very cheesey at all. These meals were barely touched. The pork chop was good.
- Great spot to eat just beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great spot to eat just before the ACC. Good selection on menu, rates we thought were reasonable quick and efficient service. Yes, we will be back.Special Features:
- Went to the fox before a LeafsPierrePoulinDined on 1/31/2013Went to the fox before a Leafs game. Excellent location, prices are good and food was also good. My buddy and i took ours daughters and they ate well. Nice selection of beers.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere very good.CarolineDined on 1/30/2013Food and atmosphere very good. When busy be prepared for the noise.Special Features:
- While I appreciate fine foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013While I appreciate fine food I am perfectly happy with some basic bar foods. I had salmon and it was just ok. I did have a bite of their fat fries, and those were very good. The atmospher and ambiance is, well non existent and it is very cold sitting next to the windows. The staff seemed friendly but not very helpful. After clearing our plates they simply left the check on the table without us asking for it and didn't even offer coffee or dessert. You would be better off going next door.
- Go for the beer stay for the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/17/2013Server was very knowledgable about their many beers so I had a flight of beer to decide which was the best. Food was really good for a pub, not your average frozen burger they put love into their preparation.
- Did not require a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013Did not require a reservation the night we went. Food was really good...especially the layered tacos.
- Good food and delicious turkeyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/17/2012Good food and delicious turkey burger. The ambiance was nice and I would recommend to friends. Wishing your restaurant much success.Special Features:
- I liked it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/14/2012It's a nice upscale version of a celtic themed pub. Good food, great service, nice people. the pros - it was quick, clean, tasty and had a great bottle of red (Sledgehammer). the cons - it wasn't quite "foody" enough for me but to be fair - the food was good. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- We were going to see the DaveMarkDined on 12/7/2012We were going to see the Dave Mathews Band at ACC. Thanks for playing DMB albums it got us ready for a great show.
- Excellent food, waitress couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Excellent food, waitress could have been friendlier but overall good!Special Features:
- Good food, friendly staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/3/2012Good food, friendly staff, great value for your money. What more can I say just try the place for yourself.
- Well run pub with typicallyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/19/2012Well run pub with typically mediocre pub food. Salmon was overcooked and dry. But wasn't expecting much more. Just a place to grab a drink and bite before a concert or game. Nothing special at all.Special Features:
- Good and quick service. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2012Good and quick service. Food hot and good. Management following through to make sure everything ok.Special Features: