132 4th Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefourthny.com/
- Phone: (212) 432-1324
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Monday-Friday: 4:45pm - Close
Saturday & Sunday: 3:30pm - Close
Lunch- Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 4:45pm
Brunch-Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday: Noon - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Marco A. Moreira And Chef De Cuisine Jason Hall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off premise Catering available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Special Events: The Fourth offers many options for large groups.
Tables for 12 and cocktail events for up to 350.
A word from The Fourth
The Fourth is Chef Marco A. Moreira's newest venture. Anchoring Union Square with the East Village this multifunctional expansive restaurant features a comfortable coffee bar and café, a traditional dining room, and a long stylish bar perfect for drinks and dining. Artistic features such as a photo installation, whimsically hung wood twin bed frames, local handcrafted furniture, and eco-friendly lighting are highlights in the lofty room. The American style brasserie menu features locally sourced ingredients. Super fresh oysters, roast duck for two and salt brick roasted chicken not to be missed. Accompanying it is an approachable wine list compiled by master sommelier Roger Dagorn and the owners own brand of coffee, Quatrieme. The Fourth is quickly becoming the go to place for a neighborhood breakfast, weekend Jazz brunch events, bar dining and lunch and dinner celebrations. We look forward to seeing you at THE FOURTH!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fourth reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (37)great for lunch (22)great for brunch (21)good for groups (20)romantic (19)special occasion (19)hot spot (15)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great BrunchBDandBBVIPDined on 11/16/2014Warm and welcoming, great service, manager who genuinely cares about the restaurant and its patrons, The Fourth is a great bet for brunch (and no doubt at other times).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We loved the place although I was nervous at first because it is in a hotel. However, the food was outstanding, delicious, beautifully presented and the steak my husband had was perfectly prepared. The service was impeccable, warm, friendly, exceedingly attentive. We will make it a point to go there again. The Fourth was also very convenient to the Public Theater and our waiter made sure we were out in time for our show, which was just a short walk away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing...DotsHurlVIPDined on 11/8/2014While we had read mostly good reviews, we were surprised when it didn't live up to expectations. Even though there appeared to be a myriad of wait staff around, I would characterize the service as spotty. My tuna tartare appetizer was somewhat tasteless and the deviled eggs (which are supposed to be a specialty) were ice cold (should be served closer to room temp) and tasted like they were lying around in the fridge for a couple of days. My partner's spaghetti appetizer wasn't bad. We both ordered the chicken entree which was actually very good, but that was the only high point. When I asked our waiter if I could have an iced tea, he disappeared. By the time I got it, my meal was almost finished. Service definitely needs improvement.
- FantasticTariDined on 11/8/2014A very nice restaurant, the food is great and the staff make you feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FourthUnionSqDined on 11/8/2014always a good meal, the foie gras with fruit compote doesn't make sense, but it is oh so good, be prepared to ask for some extra bread, toast etc. You can really taste the difference between a farm bought egg & what your supermarket sells, chef Marcos breakfast is my favorite, but the BELT, the French toast strips & the Grits, chicken meatballs & those aracauna eggs This review request is for the brunch I just we just had, but dinner has also been creative and tasty too. The chefs make use of the green market right near by in union sq. Service is spotty,brunch entrees came before the foiegras,corrected but waitstaff seemd hover.Special Features:
- fun and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere at The Fouts was lively, the staff charing and the food delicious. Loved the sun choke soup with a light crust of nuts and cheese. A guest had the jar of fois gras and raved about it. The roasted chicken was one of the best I have ever had, EVER.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TGIMGuyDined on 11/1/2014A worthy and slightly more economical addition to the "big name" eateries in the Union Sq. neighborhoods. Interesting and pleasant space. An all-around good++ dining experience. We shall return.Special Features:
- ExcellentthesweetdinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014Food was delicious and service was perfect! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experieceJNM7VIPDined on 10/29/2014Food and service we very good. Negative reviews I read were misleading.Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and service!sim1112Dined on 10/17/2014My fiancé took me here after he proposed to me last weekend and the staff was very attentive at accommodating all of our needs, and altogether very kind. Appetizers, and entree's were right on point, and the sommelier was very helpful in our wine selection. This restaurant stuck out to me too with its trendy decor but, non-trendy noise level. You could actually hear one another, which is rare in Manhattan. The entire evening was a wonderful experience. I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice...butjayngeeVIPDined on 10/10/2014this is a very nice restaurant. the service was excellent. the food very mixed reviews. we were a group of 4 and the food reviews were very good and very blah. the pork chop entre was excellent, as was the charcuterie appetizer. the chicken nor any other choice fared well. the menu was very limited and without specials so disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy it in my neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/5/2014Been here at least a dozen times. Food, drinks and service surpass the neighborhood experience. I love dining at the bar and the weekend brunch is amazing. Best french toast ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJackieVIPDined on 10/1/2014I rarely eat chicken in restaurants since I make it at home a lot but I ordered it because of the reviews. It did not disappoint especially if you don't want one of the heavier entrees. The only odd thing was that because I ordered from the prix fixe menu I had to choose my dessert when I ordered. I chose ice cream which happened to be delicious but why did I need to make up my mind in advance. The choice of desserts were all pre made. My husband and son split the steak which was also excellent and came with the sides nicely presented on a cutting board. Heirloom salad was good. Foie Gras was served in a jar so seemed more like a pate but nonetheless was very good raw tuna also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVSVIPDined on 9/28/2014another great dinner here at the Fourth; highly recommend this; the Sea bass and heirloom tomato salad were superbSpecial Features:
- Great Brunchlrs830Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent bloody Mary. Great value and delicious food; Wonderful baked goodsSpecial Features:
- REVSVIPDined on 9/12/2014I eat out all of the time. This is a terrific restaurant in all respects: food, service, atmosphere. I highly recommend this restaurant for any type of occasion. They buy many of their vegetables from the nearby Union Square green market. I have had several of their seafood entries (Sea bass, Hake) and they were all great along with the heirloom tomato salad.Special Features:
- The Fourth is a 10!!!HurstdocVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great menu, great food, great service. We went to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was a wonderful and enjoyable meal. We all agreed that we want to go back! We really had to study the menu to decide what to eat because there were so many good choices with interesting ingredients. They have a spin on the usual, taking things to a new level. The foie gras was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect breakfast or brunch spotGreggCVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great vibe and decor suggest the fine breakfast fare to follow. Highly personalized service and OJ tastes like it was squeezed in a Florida orange grove (but costs like it was flown on private jet...maybe share a glass ;-) Each meal prepared to special request perfection. Nice quiet airy atmosphere before venturing into Union or Washington Squares.Special Features:
- BrunchlindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good. The nicest part was the jazz trio that playedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REVSVIPDined on 8/22/2014I am really happy with the Fourth in all respects, and I highly recommend it for foodies and everyone else for that matter. Beautiful dining room, great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- A Sure ThingASHELLYVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always comfortable with friendly service and very good food. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014The Fourth is a real find especially for lunch. The service is excellent, food is great and the location, near Union Square really is great. The grilled chicken is the perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Favorite New PlaceKenKVIPDined on 8/17/2014My partner and I have been to the Fourth twice now -- once for dinner and once with a group of friends for brunch. In each case the food was excellent, the service was outstanding and the ambience is beautiful. It's a great place and we'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Good time was had by allsyoung07928Dined on 8/16/2014a little on the wine but overall food was good, service excellent and no one rushed the 10 of us. A number of couples stayed at the connected hotel rated very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken under a brick!ChickenDined on 8/16/2014Delicious. Interesting real estate sharing going on with Hyatt hotel and secondary Brazilian restaurant downstairs. I will be back to investigate further. And to have that chicken again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Restaurant Week FindBridgetDined on 8/15/2014We had a great meal with wonderful service! The Fourth has a new wine service that is environmentally friendly, cost effective and best of all wonderful wines. In preparing our meal the chef took advantage of seasonal vegetables and fruits paring them with Amish chickens hake and a home made pasta. The deserts were yummy.Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for NY Restaurant Week. My hubby and I both had the asparagus salad appetizer and that was surprisingly good. For mains, my husband got the hake which he also said was delicious. My main (chicken) was really, really salty. But that was the only problem. All in all, I'd still give it a passing grade.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant week lunch. Fantastic good and great service in a stunning settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster ExperiencePKFGDined on 8/13/2014I reserved a table mid-week at The Fourth due to overall positive reviews. The space and decor are striking upon entering however the experience went downhill from there. We hadn't looked at the wine list when the waiter promptly appeared to take order... and then disappeared for a very long time. The surly manager walked through the half empty dining area adjusting table settings not even glancing our way as I tried to signal him. After finally ordering the main course was delicious but the appetizer and dessert were disappointing. Upon leaving at the door the manager gave a very perfunctory goodbye only adding to the sour overall impression. Needless to say we won't return nor recommend to anyone.
- Fourth RW mealUWSdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a RW meal at The Fourth. The food was excellent and the portions generous. Service was a bit confused, but got better as the evening progressed. We went because of meals we have enjoyed in their other places (Tocqueville and 15 East). While restaurants in hotels often are mediocre and visually unappealing, The Fourth felt more like a fun neighborhood place. I wish the chairs -- which were reminiscent of what you might find at a monastery --were more comfortable though.Special Features:
- A great option near Union SquareFinedinerDined on 8/7/2014We were greeted by the maître d' as if my 17-year-old niece and I were long-time clients, and the tone and warmth of the entire staff was equally outstanding. We came for the Restaurant Week special, but I decided to go for the a la carte options, and I enjoyed my meal very much. We loved the avant garde décor.Special Features:
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/5/2014I am not sure why they couldn't get it together on a Tuesday night, but we had to ask for water, bread and the waiter forgot my wine. The food was just so-so. Wont be going back
- Fresh and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014We went for Restaurant Week and enjoyed every piece of all 3 courses! The food was all super fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- welcome additiondehillerinVIPDined on 8/3/2014This relatively new restaurant from the team at TOCQUEVILLE is less formal and the food a little simpler, but the quality, freshness, and originality is also at THE FOURTH. We loved it.Special Features:
- Maybe we'll try again for dinnerIlTenoreVIPDined on 8/3/2014We're fans of other restaurants owned by Chef Moreira and decided to explore The Fourth for brunch. The food was as delicious as expected, especially the sweet corn soup, which we both savored slowly to make it last, and wished for more when it was gone. Not really fans of "jazz brunch" (we didn't know before we arrived), we were relieved to learn that there was an adjacent dining area not right up against the musicians. That said, they were very good and we enjoyed them from a distance. A young man who might have been a manager greeted tables while we dined, and was engaging and charming. The only sad note was an absolutely miserable, faceless waiter, who seemed simultaneously sorry to have to wait on us and unconcerned that we were there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new go to spotGreatVIPDined on 7/31/2014A hidden beautiful gem like this wont stay hidden long food and service were exceptional and the décor is an architects and interior designers delight. Excited to go back.Special Features:
- Make it your fourth choiceUrbanCuisine28VIPDined on 7/31/2014If you're in the neighborhood, it's a sleek spot with a welcoming front end staff. The menu was limited. The waitstaff was not accommodating and insisted my dessert selection must be made at the time of my order or not at all. So I passed in the dessert. The rose was not served cold enough. The waiter consistently interrupted our conversation, which was not only annoying but inexcusable. I like the location so hope the menu will be expanded. What I ordered was good but not exceptional, which made me wish I went to Gotham or Gemma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; lovely wait staffPearlgirl52Dined on 7/29/2014I happened on to this restaurant near work. The food was creative, delicious and service was attentive and excellent. I have recommended The Fourth to my friends.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodNYC4FoodDined on 7/27/2014I went here for restaurant week on a quiet Sunday evening. There were literally 2 other tables with people at them so we had very attentive staff. Food was very good, short of my chicken being a bit dry. I heard great reviews of this place so maybe I'll come by when it isn't restaurant week to see what else they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScottDined on 7/25/2014After eating at one of the other restaurants in this group, we were disappointed, mainly with the quality of the food. It was good, but you need to be more than good for what this caliber of restaurant describes itself as.