132 4th Avenue
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefourthny.com/
- Phone: 2124321324x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Monday-Friday: 4:45pm - Close
Saturday & Sunday: 3:30pm - Close
Lunch- Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 4:45pm
Brunch-Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Friday: 4pm - 1:00am
Saturday & Sunday: Noon - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Marco A. Moreira And Chef De Cuisine Jason Hall
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Off premise Catering available. Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Special Events: The Fourth offers many options for large groups.
Tables for 12 and cocktail events for up to 350.
A word from The Fourth
The Fourth is Chef Marco A. Moreira's newest venture. Anchoring Union Square with the East Village this multifunctional expansive restaurant features a comfortable coffee bar and café, a traditional dining room, and a long stylish bar perfect for drinks and dining. Artistic features such as a photo installation, whimsically hung wood twin bed frames, local handcrafted furniture, and eco-friendly lighting are highlights in the lofty room. The American style brasserie menu features locally sourced ingredients. Super fresh oysters, roast duck for two and salt brick roasted chicken not to be missed. Accompanying it is an approachable wine list compiled by master sommelier Roger Dagorn and the owners own brand of coffee, Quatrieme. The Fourth is quickly becoming the go to place for a neighborhood breakfast, weekend Jazz brunch events, bar dining and lunch and dinner celebrations. We look forward to seeing you at THE FOURTH!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fourth reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (36)great for lunch (26)great for brunch (22)special occasion (20)romantic (19)good for groups (18)hot spot (13)late-night find (12)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (8)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Perfect breakfast or brunch spotGreggCVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great vibe and decor suggest the fine breakfast fare to follow. Highly personalized service and OJ tastes like it was squeezed in a Florida orange grove (but costs like it was flown on private jet...maybe share a glass ;-) Each meal prepared to special request perfection. Nice quiet airy atmosphere before venturing into Union or Washington Squares.Special Features:
- BrunchlindaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good. The nicest part was the jazz trio that playedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/22/2014I am really happy with the Fourth in all respects, and I highly recommend it for foodies and everyone else for that matter. Beautiful dining room, great food and serviceSpecial Features:
- A Sure ThingASHELLYVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always comfortable with friendly service and very good food. Never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014The Fourth is a real find especially for lunch. The service is excellent, food is great and the location, near Union Square really is great. The grilled chicken is the perfect lunch.Special Features:
- Favorite New PlaceKenKVIPDined on 8/17/2014My partner and I have been to the Fourth twice now -- once for dinner and once with a group of friends for brunch. In each case the food was excellent, the service was outstanding and the ambience is beautiful. It's a great place and we'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Good time was had by allsyoung07928Dined on 8/16/2014a little on the wine but overall food was good, service excellent and no one rushed the 10 of us. A number of couples stayed at the connected hotel rated very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken under a brick!ChickenDined on 8/16/2014Delicious. Interesting real estate sharing going on with Hyatt hotel and secondary Brazilian restaurant downstairs. I will be back to investigate further. And to have that chicken again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYC Restaurant Week FindBridgetDined on 8/15/2014We had a great meal with wonderful service! The Fourth has a new wine service that is environmentally friendly, cost effective and best of all wonderful wines. In preparing our meal the chef took advantage of seasonal vegetables and fruits paring them with Amish chickens hake and a home made pasta. The deserts were yummy.Special Features:
- Good findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We went here for NY Restaurant Week. My hubby and I both had the asparagus salad appetizer and that was surprisingly good. For mains, my husband got the hake which he also said was delicious. My main (chicken) was really, really salty. But that was the only problem. All in all, I'd still give it a passing grade.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Great restaurant week lunch. Fantastic good and great service in a stunning settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lackluster ExperiencePKFGDined on 8/13/2014I reserved a table mid-week at The Fourth due to overall positive reviews. The space and decor are striking upon entering however the experience went downhill from there. We hadn't looked at the wine list when the waiter promptly appeared to take order... and then disappeared for a very long time. The surly manager walked through the half empty dining area adjusting table settings not even glancing our way as I tried to signal him. After finally ordering the main course was delicious but the appetizer and dessert were disappointing. Upon leaving at the door the manager gave a very perfunctory goodbye only adding to the sour overall impression. Needless to say we won't return nor recommend to anyone.
- Fourth RW mealUWSdinerVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a RW meal at The Fourth. The food was excellent and the portions generous. Service was a bit confused, but got better as the evening progressed. We went because of meals we have enjoyed in their other places (Tocqueville and 15 East). While restaurants in hotels often are mediocre and visually unappealing, The Fourth felt more like a fun neighborhood place. I wish the chairs -- which were reminiscent of what you might find at a monastery --were more comfortable though.Special Features:
- A great option near Union SquareFinedinerDined on 8/7/2014We were greeted by the maître d' as if my 17-year-old niece and I were long-time clients, and the tone and warmth of the entire staff was equally outstanding. We came for the Restaurant Week special, but I decided to go for the a la carte options, and I enjoyed my meal very much. We loved the avant garde décor.Special Features:
- Worst service everOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/5/2014I am not sure why they couldn't get it together on a Tuesday night, but we had to ask for water, bread and the waiter forgot my wine. The food was just so-so. Wont be going back
- Fresh and delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/3/2014We went for Restaurant Week and enjoyed every piece of all 3 courses! The food was all super fresh and delicious!Special Features:
- welcome additiondehillerinVIPDined on 8/3/2014This relatively new restaurant from the team at TOCQUEVILLE is less formal and the food a little simpler, but the quality, freshness, and originality is also at THE FOURTH. We loved it.Special Features:
- My new go to spotGreatVIPDined on 7/31/2014A hidden beautiful gem like this wont stay hidden long food and service were exceptional and the décor is an architects and interior designers delight. Excited to go back.Special Features:
- Make it your fourth choiceUrbanCuisine28VIPDined on 7/31/2014If you're in the neighborhood, it's a sleek spot with a welcoming front end staff. The menu was limited. The waitstaff was not accommodating and insisted my dessert selection must be made at the time of my order or not at all. So I passed in the dessert. The rose was not served cold enough. The waiter consistently interrupted our conversation, which was not only annoying but inexcusable. I like the location so hope the menu will be expanded. What I ordered was good but not exceptional, which made me wish I went to Gotham or Gemma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; lovely wait staffPearlgirl52Dined on 7/29/2014I happened on to this restaurant near work. The food was creative, delicious and service was attentive and excellent. I have recommended The Fourth to my friends.Special Features:
- Pretty GoodNYC4FoodDined on 7/27/2014I went here for restaurant week on a quiet Sunday evening. There were literally 2 other tables with people at them so we had very attentive staff. Food was very good, short of my chicken being a bit dry. I heard great reviews of this place so maybe I'll come by when it isn't restaurant week to see what else they have to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FourthJulNYC1Dined on 7/25/2014I absolutely adore this restaurant. Whimsical artwork, top notch wine list, delicious food and excellent service A+Special Features:
- New DiscoveryBKOKDined on 7/25/2014I was looking for a restaurant to meet someone close to Union Square and took a chance on The Fourth. We were not disappointed. We ate from the Restaurant Week menu and everything was delicious, beautifully presented and graciously served. The Fourth was new to me, and I will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- excellent newcomerdehillerinVIPDined on 7/23/2014The high level of the food could easily fit in a fancier setting uptown, but how delightful to find it in this Union Square high-ceilinged more casual place. THe chicken under a brick was all you could ask, crispy, hot, juicy, flavorful. From the people who brought you Tocqueville, but with more hours and offerings since it's in a hotel -- lucky guestsSpecial Features:
- Nice Local FindRissXRissDined on 7/23/2014Went for Restaurant week in NYC for lunch. The food was very good, nothing really stood out aside from the cool interior decor. The waiters and staff were very attentive. We must've had 6 different people come over to ask us how our meals were, including a couple managers.Special Features:
- Just okayWittyDined on 7/22/2014I was looking forward to trying a new restaurant and was disappointed. I thought the food was just average. Appetizers were good but the dinner, snapper, was bland, my friend's seared tuna was overcooked after she asked for it as rare as possible and the desserts (shared 3 with the table) were ordinary. There's too many good restaurants to come back here.Special Features:
- LuciDined on 7/19/2014Small, quiet, with excellent service, this restaurant is a good place for a very good meal.Special Features:
- HospitalityJSMurDined on 7/17/2014The host was most welcoming and accommodating. Lunch was black cod cooked with a light flavor touch. We were a group of three for a business lunch and it was perfect for us. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing EverythingScooterDined on 7/14/2014I ate here tonight with my girlfriend and we loved EVERY aspect of the experience at The Fourth. As a fisherman, I've eaten tuna freshly caught, but their Tuna Tartare was so delicious...the best I've ever had. We sent our compliments to the chef who sent us back a bow, and our wonderful waiter told us that the Yellowfin was brought in to the restaurant whole (not filet'd) early this morning. The Sweet Corn Soup was perfectly done, with just a touch of Jalapeño for taste, not spice. My girlfriend almost died over her Hamburger and I ate the most amazing lamb chops. The manager was extremely kind and accommodating, and the maitre d' was fantastic as well. We loved our waiter, Juan, who was both funny and attentive. I'd go here again!Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceBostonKarenVIPDined on 7/4/2014I ordered crispy baby artichokes for a starter, followed by some sort of little pasta "pillows" filled with ricotta cheese, and covered in a delicate white sauce with a hint of lemon tartness. Those were delicious! For dessert, I had a strawberry tart with rhubarb ice cream. The strawberries were perfectly ripe, and I enjoyed the ice cream; the tart shell was ... meh. Maybe a shortbread (or similar) cookie would have been better? My only TINY criticism was service-related. Within a few minutes of sitting down, I ordered a cocktail. Three different people came up to me in the next 10-15 minutes, and asked if I wanted a drink! So there seemed to be a bit of confusion. Once I received my drink (a bit late), service thereafter was excellent!Special Features:
- terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014The waitstaff was either never trained or just lazy. I would never return just due to the awful service despite the food being quite good. Maybe if they do carry out?
- The FourthFrenhsk8VIPDined on 6/28/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We ate very early, by NY standards, so the restaurant had very few patrons. Being around Union Square, we imagine they do a bustling business later in the evening. The wait staff was attentive. The food was very good. There was a problem with my entree which they whisked away immediately and brought me a new meal. We are planning to return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting AmbianceMinnieRVIPDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant has a great location. I like the overall ambiance. The wheel of bed frames hanging from the ceiling is unique and interesting. The cocktails were good, but the charcuterie was not. The pork and the lamb chops were flavorful. We had cheese cake for dessert, it was presented nicely with berries and tasted good. Our servers were nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super deliciouscrestetDined on 6/20/2014From steamed sea bass to lamb ribchops to rack of pork, the food was outstandingly delicious, perfectly spiced and cooked. Waitstaff could not have been nicer or more responsive. Definitely a go-to-many times place.Special Features:
- A Village GemASHELLYVIPDined on 6/15/2014This restaurant truly understands hospitality. Service is smooth and graceful without the "hovering". Worth going to just for the rolls. Excellent food and plenty of choices. They are uber accomodating, especially if someone has an allergy. We've become regulars and many of our friends are willing to travel downtown.Special Features:
- Great food! Great location!MPW1208Dined on 6/15/2014The food at The Fourth was delicious! The cheddar grits were smooth and creamy, the bacon was cooked perfectly and the deviled eggs were amazing! We ate brunch on this visit, but I would definitely go back to try dinner! The only downfall was that they were unable to seat us outside. There were only 3 of us and the restaurant wasn't crowded at all, but they only had seating for parties of 2 available outside. We at least sat by an open door. The service as a bit odd, but nothing that would deter me from visiting again. The manager seemed to be a lingerer, we were never sure if he was done talking or had more to say. Our waiter spoke very softly and with a bit of a mumble, so it was often hard to understand him. But otherwise, it was great!Special Features:
- blondemamaVIPDined on 6/15/2014First time at this restaurant. Lovely ambiance and very good service. This is definitely a place I would try again.Special Features:
- Sleek and ChicElsasolseatsVIPDined on 6/10/2014Complex, beautiful cuisine in a sleek, chic setting -- surprisingly sophisticated for a chain hotel venue. Maitre d' is a presence assuring quality. On-site bakery is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- undertheradarVIPDined on 6/9/2014Had walked by here for months without stopping in because it's a hotel restaurant, then found out it was related to Tocqueville so figured the food must be good. It was. There are a lot of interesting choices on the menu, so it was hard to decide. The soft shell crabs were some of the best I've had anywhere. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Local surprise.FoodmisfitnomoreVIPDined on 5/17/2014New restaurant at the Hyatt in Union Sq area. Great location and terrific lunch spot. Food was delicious. Service a bit off but likely as the restaurant is still getting it's bearings. Perfect indoor/outdoor experience if you score a seat next to the main windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.