The Foundry On Melrose
7465 Melrose Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90046Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Foundry On Melrose
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefoundryonmelrose.com/
- Phone: (323) 651-0915
- Hours of Operation:
For Dinner: Monday - Saturday 6 - 11 pm. Sunday: 5:30 - 10pm Lounge Menu available until 1 am Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Bar and Lounge open until 2am Thursday through Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Greenspan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Foundry on Melrose offers catering and special event production for all occasions including:
Office Happy Hours
Art Gallery Openings
Intimate Dinner Parties
Hollywood Bowl Picnic
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for all of your private party needs, whether it be a private function for up to 80 in our Garden Dining Room, smaller parties of 20 in our Main Dining Room, or cocktail and birthday parties in our lounge.
- Private Party Contact: Samantha Bressack 8776242049
- Entertainment: The Foundry on Melrose is honored to have The Foundry 3, a jazz trio with a rotating line up featuring the likes of Matt Cory, Zach Harmon, Tigran Hamasayan, Josh Nelson, Marcel Camargo, amongst other great performers. Sunday through Wednesday sets begin at 8:30pm. Friday and Saturday sets begin at 9:30pm and 11:30pm.
- Special Events: The Foundry on Melrose features many special events from musical performances to wine maker dinners. Please inquire within for details.
A word from The Foundry On Melrose
The Foundry on Melrose is a swanky, fun, food-driven restaurant right in the heart of world-famous Melrose Avenue. Featuring the cuisine of Executive Chef and owner Eric Greenspan, The Foundry on Melrose serves exciting, market driven and creative "fancy schmancy" food in a casually elegant atmosphere. Our Dinner Menu is available Monday through Saturday 6 -11pm in both our Garden Dining Room, one of Los Angeles' premiere outdoor dining rooms (covered and heated for the winter), and our Main Dining Room with a view of the action in our showcase kitchen. Our lounge, outfitted with leather couches and ottomans, offers a more casual experience for the drop in diner, featuring both our regular Dinner Menu as well as our Lounge Menu (6pm- 11pm Mon-Th,1am Friday and Saturday) with our take on bar snacks, salads, sandwiches, and entrees. The Foundry on Melrose also features live jazz, blues, and singer-songwriters, and a price fixed Sunday Menu for $29, $39, or $49 for 2, 3, or 4 coursesContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Foundry On Melrose reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Food and Exceptional ServiceUKrainVIPDined on 5/18/2013A great restaurant for foodies. The small plates were great and had exceptional flavors. The buttermilk panacotta was surprisingly light and yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food interesting ambience not goodJayyVIPDined on 5/18/2013Forced to sit outside even though we had a reservation. Heat lamp didn't work so was cold during our meal. Service slow. Out of wines due to the fact they were going to be closed for renovations. Sat so close to another couple who spoke too loudly and smelled funny.Special Features:
- Was not the bestYESJRSDined on 5/17/2013It's changing up and remodeling so hopefully it improves. The best part is the live music. Drinks and food are pricey for what you get. The food is good, but comparable restaurants in LA deliver better. The food takes forever to plate and serve. I am not one to rush a meal or nice evening, but 20 minutes for drinks, 40 for appetizers and 70 minutes for entrees was quite a wait. There are better spots in the neighborhood to go. Looking forward to seeing if the change in decor brings a change in overall approach. Happy dining!
- Horrible, Disorganized kitchenDeejayofSouthBayDined on 5/17/2013I hadn't been to the Foundry in a while, but decided to make a visit since we were in the area and because I could hear their wonderful Potato soup calling my name. After 40 minutes, we had only gotten 1 of the 4 SMALL plates and some bread, and remembered why we hadn't eaten there in years. We had to catch a show and had to tell the waitress to have the kitchen cancel the other plates if they hadn't already started. The poor guys next to us had been seated BEFORE us, and got there food as we were finally getting our last plate. Unfortunately, even the lure of the awesome Potato soup will not be enough for me to return to the Foundry. Sadly, it's not because of the food, but the horrible service and disorganizion of the kitchen.
- Not too bad but not too greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2013The beet salad had old beets that had grown root fibers and tasted bitter. The pasta was delicious with a nice light cauliflower sauce. The asparagus appetizer was by far the best. The flavor was a nice combination of sweet and savory with a richness from the egg. We were originally sat outside and it was cold. They moved a heat lamp close to us which was nice, but then they moved a table from inside right next to ours and crowded us. We then moved inside. We heard the chef yelling and cursing at the staff, and they allowed people outside to smoke right in front of the door. We were in the middle of the restaurant and could smell it.
- Great food, Outstanding Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2013Surprisingly warm and friendly folks from management to servers. We really enjoyed dining here. They will be remodelling and we can't wait to return. A real gem. Loving it. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we had a voucherpapercranegalDined on 5/16/2013We had a discount voucher to come here and I was glad for it, as the plates were small. The entrees were the same size as their "small plates", which was disappointing, but the food was fantastic. They brought out bite sized bread rolls which were delicious. The noise there is pretty loud and the service was very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but tinyAdamDined on 5/15/2013Took awhile for someone to help us. Didn't feel welcome until the chef or owner came by. Nice guy. Food was very tasty, but portion sizes were laughably small. We ended up having to order two more appitizers. So in the end, we ordered three appitizers and two entrees. Menu was unique. I would go agian, but not on an empty stomachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmetElkanRealtorVIPDined on 5/14/2013The Foundry on Melrose is a true find! The food was amazingly good! Sophisticated, absolutely delicious and supremely gourmet. Interesting menu of delectable choices. Would please the most discriminating palette. Friendly, warm, professional servers. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered the 5 course meal,MarshallDined on 5/12/2013Ordered the 5 course meal, which was very good but service was very slow. Waiter brought extra food due to the slow service. Wine choices are very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Grilled Cheese EVERKelsiDined on 5/11/2013We tried a lot of things (Latke balls, pork belly, turkey, peanut butter creme brûlée) that were all just amazing. The grilled cheese, however, was off the charts good. I'm moving to Irvine in the fall and will DEFINITELY make the trek to the Foundry for one of these.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- have already recommended toOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2013have already recommended to friends who happened to be there for a return visit when we arrived. will continue to come!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the 5-course pairingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/6/2013I had the 5-course pairing with wine...what a great experience. Love the relaxed feel of this place and the service was fantastic. The pork belly was amazing... just the right amount of spice; the water cress salad was also a memorable dish... fresh and light with fennel and pomegranate. If you're a fan of peanut butter, make sure you taste the peanut butter creme brulee... unbelievable! Wines were fun and different and paired well. I will definitely go back when I'm back in the area!Special Features:
- not worth itsarahmVIPDined on 5/5/2013Signature grilled cheese was not fantastic, Everything was so, so salty. Desert was banana cake and was horrible.
- Ok but not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2013Was really looking forward to eating at Foundry, but found my experience lacking. Service was very good our hostess and server were great. There were only a few tables occupied on a Thursday 8 pm, but delivery of our order was VERY slow. When the food finally arrived it was OK, but a little on the bland side except for the capers in the sole dish which were overwhelming. At the restaurant price point I would expect a lot better.Special Features:
- Will Return SoonOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/28/2013Wife and I went twice in one week though we'd never been before. Very creative and tasty dishes. Our two waitresses - and I feel bad I don't recall their names - were professional and great. Manager came over and spoke with us about wine, which was nice. The chef also made an appearance. I preferred sitting inside. I think the patio could be aesthetically enhanced a little (take a page from Dominik's). Altogether, very good food and a welcoming place. Oh, and NO CORKAGE fee if you bring your own bottle. We've found a new place to be regulars at.Special Features:
- Great Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/27/2013This was my first time here at the Foundry on Melrose. The living social deal [Spend $20, and receive $40 to spend], caught my attention. Without a doubt, I will definitely come back. Make sure to order the Grilled Cheese as an appetizer. Good for sharing for two. As the main entree, we ordered the Prime rib and the turkey breast. Both dish was prepped to a T! Presentation and taste was off the chart! Love Love It! Parking however is a bit of a challenge, since it is all curb side parking in a neighborhood. My dinner reservation was at 6 so parking was easier. But for those who enjoys a later dinner, plan accordingly! Thank you Foundry on Melrose!Special Features:
- It's a nice restaurant, evidentlyMazakasDined on 4/25/2013It's a nice restaurant, evidently there were a few servers that were out the night we went so service was lacking... Drink orders were lost twice, the owner, however, did attend to us and turned the evening around... We will return...Special Features:
- Ate at the Bar. Ginger wasBennoDined on 4/23/2013Ate at the Bar. Ginger was great but the Bar was not stocked with what I needed for the Drinks we ordered. ( No bitters, cointreau)The one male that was working complain about the lousy Tip he just recieved to Ginger while we were there. Short Rib Sandwhich was very tasty. Scallop Shashimi smelled fishy and flavors were boring. was just not good. I looked at the menu again because I thought there was something missing. Then I see a tiny piece of Mint off to the side. The Gratin was the WORST! I think there were only 3 gnocchi in the Dish. Boo! I think the Kitchen Staff need to be re trained.
- perfect place for speed dating!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/21/2013feels like you're speed dating when dining here. Food was not good, especially for the prices.
- Really enjoyed our experienceMFeldmanVIPDined on 4/20/2013Really enjoyed our experience at The Foundry. Great small plates, interesting - but accessible. Will definitely go back and recommend to others.Special Features:
- Appetizers came out quickly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Appetizers came out quickly, main entree took about 20-25 minutes to come out after that. I had the grilled cheese and the chicken, both were outstanding. Perfectly cooked, tender chicken and a beer made my night. Iron Chef Greenspan even came out and greeted his patrons.Special Features:
- love the food there, EricOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/14/2013love the food there, Eric the chef/owner personally served us and asked how we are doing. luv the personal attention we received. staff overall was very professional and great.Special Features:
- Meets expectationsSteakmasterDined on 4/13/2013Was expecting a lot more from an iron chef winner, but overall did not disappoint. Dishes ordered included the lobster salad, pork belly, potato soup, and ribeye. Everything was good, but nothing was spectacular.Special Features:
- Food was awesome!! Wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013Food was awesome!! Wait staff knew the dishes and explained each one as they were presented. I would go back again and again. I wish I had more than one stomach and enough money to try everything on their menuSpecial Features:
- The food was creative andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was creative and delicious. Our waitress was a doll. The overall experience was fantastic. I would recommend The Foundry to one and all.Special Features:
- Not a Lot of Bang for Your BuckRickDined on 4/13/2013The food was fairly good, the environment OK, but this place certainly wasn't exceptional. Our primary complaint or concern was simply overpriced food served in modest proportions. There also weren't very many entrees offered, probably about seven. Our bill, without a tip, was nearly $80 for a small appetizer that we split, two entrees and one soft-drink beverage. So, judge for yourself.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2013Was very disappointed with the quality of the food and service at The Foundry. For such an expensive meal I would have hoped for more. Food cold and bland. Service slow. Took 45 minutes before we ordered food.
- Special food and, withoutMitchVIPDined on 4/12/2013Special food and, without doubt, the best grlled cheese sandwich appetizer known to the Western world!Special Features:
- The service was very poor.nicknickDined on 4/10/2013The service was very poor. We weren't greet at the table for a very long time! Then the hosted greeted us. Very odd, but I'm glad that is happened. The food was marginal. Nothing to write home about! Overall the experience was blah! Thank goodness I was with great friends!
- waited 1 hour for our appetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013waited 1 hour for our appetizers because of a restaurant-wide printer malfunction. then another 30 mins for our entrees and another 30 for dessert. however, the server was extremely apologetic about the wait and gave us 2 free deserts. she brought over the manager as well to address our concerns. probably would've still been a good experience except for by the time the good did come, it was the tiniest portions i've ever seen, which STILL would've been ok except for how expensive it was. glad we had a discount coupon with us or else it would've been a real bust of a night. but then again, we probably wouldn't ever have gone there to eat without a discount coupon ;)Special Features:
- Shockingly Bad BehaviorLeslieAnnDined on 4/6/2013I never thought I'd end up in an episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" but that's exactly what my experience at The Foundry on Melrose felt like. Severe operational problems led to a public meltdown by the executive chef, including screaming profanities at both the kitchen and serving crews, throwing and breaking dishes, all in the full view of several tables of diners, and worse, when I complained to the manager, the chef directed an abusive reply towards me! A customer! Even though both the manager and the chef eventually apologized to me and comped my entire meal, and despite the overall excellence of both the food and the cocktails, this is a place I won't be returning to any time soon.Special Features:
- A great restaurant and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013A great restaurant and great food. Service is somewhat lengthy but besides that a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great place everything wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great place everything was fantastic. My only complant the tables are to close to each other for getting up and down.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013Food was amazing, especially the potato-leek soup. Wine list was good, beer selection was poor. Atmosphere was nice and quiet. They had a small outdoor area which was nice, however no view. It was completely closed off in the back. When I sit outside, I like to have a view, or a little people watching. :) But being closed off was understandable for this location. Overall would definitely recommend this place! We will be returning for sure!Special Features:
- Loved the food- pork belly,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/4/2013Loved the food- pork belly, scallop sashimi are memorable. Wine was tasty. I absolutely loved the live music !!!!!Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2013Was really hoping to like it. We had the potaato latke bites (underdone in the middle), the potato soup (large pieces of bacon too big to put in one's mouth - but you're supposed to eat it with a spoon?), the rib-eye - cooked fine, but taste was mediocre, and whatever it was sitting didnt taste good at all, the lobster salad - odd. the grilled cheese with short rib was meh. Service was enthusiastic, but disappeared for most of the meal. Cocktails were excellent. I wouldn't go back.
- Wonderful food and service.LynnVIPDined on 4/2/2013Wonderful food and service. Missed being out on the back patio!
- wowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2013Great spot that also has a zero corkage fee! Whaaaat?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would recommend this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/2/2013I would recommend this place to anyone with an adventuous taste bud. My husband and I came here on a Tuesday night just shortly after it opened for dinner so the ambience was quiet and yet romantic. The staff and waitress are both friendly and professional as well as attentive. My husband ordered their Ribeye beef and I decided to try their Branzino fish. Very nice presentation portion just right for an upscale dining restaurant. Chef approached each table and chat a bit, nice touch. This is not your typical restaurant and there is definitely a lot of thought place into thinking out of the box when preparing the food in which I admire and love. For dessert we had the green tea creme brulee and it was quite unique and tasty.Special Features: