The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
8841 N. Alpine Loop Rd.
Sundance, UT 84604Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sundanceresort.com/dine/foundry_grill.html
- Phone: (801) 223-4216
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Foundry Grill is available for private party rentals. Price is dependent on the day, date, menu, set up, and whether lodging has been booked for the group.
- Private Party Contact: Jonny Losee 8012234220x
A word from The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
The Foundry Grill was opened in July of 1996. The name is taken from the concept of the large foundry wall located in the main room. The word foundry also implies simplicity and a return to the fundamentals. The room, the service, and the menu are an extension of this idea. The Foundry Grill is committed to providing the freshest of vegetables and meats cooked in our apple wood rotisserie oven. In warm weather, the patio opens for outside dining. Sundance believes in the preservation of our resources; all our water glasses are created from recycled glass and are hand blown here at the Sundance Resort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance - Best Restaurants in Sundance ›
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (43)special occasion (41)great for brunch (36)fit for foodies (33)romantic (32)great for outdoor dining (29)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Delicious Food, Better ServicethatonegirlDined on 11/8/2014The food was delicious. Though the menu was very small my husband and I were able to find something we both liked. It did take us a while to actually find the restaurant. We just moved to the area and someone recommended The Foundry's Grill. Finally, we found a building and walked in and it happened to be the correct place. I loved the atmosphere and view. I do wish though we were treated a little better. Our server was friendly but didn't fill our drinks once and only spoke to us like twice. I just thought there would be better service with the price that we were paying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mushroom soup was awesomephillypamVIPDined on 10/25/2014Portabello sandwich was also delicious. Our table at the fire was delightful. Thank you!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticBigManDined on 10/19/2014The Foundry Grill brunch was recommended by a friend and we decided to go and have a great meal along with taking in the fall colors. The meal was fantastic (prime rib, cedar plank salmon for a brunch!!), very professionally done with the touch of creativity and class that Mr. Redford is famous for in his endeavors, really greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday Brunch!CarlaVIPDined on 10/12/2014The beautiful drive to Sundance in the Fall combined with a delicious brunch at The Foundry makes for a perfect Sunday! Our server, Jordan, was sweet & attentive. The food was all very good. I typically don't care for buffet style dining because the food always tastes like it was mass produced, but not at the Foundry's buffet. Definitely, take a leisurely drive up the Alpine Loop, stop at Sundance to enjoy the great atmosphere & food!Special Features:
- Very nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We drove the Alpine Loop to look at the scenery and then stopped in for dinner. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Memorable dining and visitMugginsDined on 10/5/2014Sundance is a special place - tranquil and scenically beautiful. Sunday brunch at the Foundry Grill was the reason for our visit but our exploration of the grounds of Sundance - to the art studio, the glass blowing, the shop, and a ride on the chairlift - added to a memorable Sunday. The fall colours were stunning. All the staff were warm, friendly, attentive. The food in Foundry Grill was very good. I have already recommended a visit to Sundance to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- comfort food in comfortable digsSJP3003VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our family of four stayed a few nights at Sundance and we had breakfast, brunch and dinner at the Foundry. Service was always attentive and friendly. Brunch was excellent...the prime rib and roast lamb were excellent, and the variety of options was very good as well. Brunch was very busy and reservations are recommended. Dinner was good but not memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always exceptional.........JohnDVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've been coming here for many years and the experience has always been a pleasant one. I don't LIKE buffets and brunch buffets elsewhere are almost always forgettable. This is the ONLY brunch buffet I go out of my way to patronize. The food selections are extremely varied so even if you come here frequently you won't even come close to being bored. Food is always delicious. Service is quick and unobtrusive. Ambiance is upscale casual. What's not to like!Special Features:
- LOST service at the FOUNDrySundanceloverDined on 9/27/2014I always love Sundance Resort and the Foundry Grill. Lunch and the restaurant was not crowded and the table was lovely. Service: Soup was brought out with the main course l even after the waitress asked if we wanted it before the main course. She asked if we wanted bread with our meal and it never arrived. I asked a bus boy for bread during our meal. A person at our table received the wrong sandwich. A pork sandwich arrived instead of the portobello mushroom sandwich order. The waitress apologized but then said, "Oh it's a good thing you are not a vegetarian." She offered to 'make it up to us later'. She never offered to comp any food or offer a free dessert. We did not complain because the waitress was a nice person.Special Features:
- nice timeLisaODined on 9/27/2014We always have a nice time at The Foundry Grill. Good food. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Food was fantastic, atmosphere was great for brunch and was not overpriced. Even if the weather was rainy brunch was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always take your guests hereoutnaboutVIPDined on 9/19/2014I love taking my visiting guests here for either brunch or dinner. It is always wonderful.
- Love Foundry GrillMitchiethekidDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I ate here for our 5th anniversary--we also ate here the night we got engaged, so it's a favorite place for us. Everything was very good (I had the trout, he had the meatloaf), but not "Holy cow that was delicious!" The peach crisp with blackberry vanilla ice cream was probably the highlight. Mmmm...wish I had some right now. Foundry is usually pretty loud, but we lucked out and had about 20 minutes with the fireplace dining room to ourselves. Overall a great night, but Foundry doesn't quite seem as over-the-top delicious as it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatDrKLMDined on 9/12/2014The FG is a consistently great restaurant. I've been 20 times or so and I've never had a bad meal or negative experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PaulDined on 9/9/2014We enjoyed the over all dining experience and would hope to come back in the winter when the ambiance would be wonderful with fire place crackling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, selection lackingMarkDined on 9/6/2014Beautiful setting, but the menu selections were a bit slim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening for TworomanticdiningDined on 9/5/2014The food and service were spectacular. We enjoyed the quiet and romantic ambiance and the great outdoor views. It was a perfect evening for two.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Take a hike at Sundance and then lunch at The Foundry. Perfect day.Special Features:
- Lovely setting, great foodFreshmealfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014My family of four (includes 2 teenage boys) ate lunch at the Foundry Grill before hitting the trails on foot and bikes. It was a wonderful, fresh meal - much better than what we have eaten at other ski resorts in the summer. We sat outside and enjoyed the surrounding greenery and low, mountain architecture. We loved the halibut tacos, arugula and fig pizza, and salmon. Well worth the drive from Park City to spend a day. My only slight complaint is that it felt a bit expensive, particularly given the modest (although appropriate for lunch) entree sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue, OK foodJLDCEOVIPDined on 8/22/2014I am a big fan of the Tree Room and Zoom. The Foundry is just OK. It's not bad....its just not that good. We had pizza, fish tacos, and a salad. All average. The one thing that was really worth getting was the Southwestern tuna tartare. It's a winner!
- Lovely and relaxingtheTellerDined on 8/16/2014WE enjoyed a pleasant evening of food and friends here at the Foundry Grill. The food was very good, the service very nice (although I'm pretty sure they forgot about us at dessert time--really? 15 minutes to get a dessert at 9:00 PM?), but we were having a lovely evening chatting so it wasn't so bad. It's a bit pricey, but very, very nice. It just seemed to me $30 for a plate of pasta was a bit high. But it tasted wonderful and you can't beat the beautiful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousDelishGirlDined on 8/16/2014The food and atmosphere were great! They had some nice, different breakfast options and the salmon was great. Felt slightly overpriced for the amount of food..,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, service, ambience! Such a great treasure to have so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy With the ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Looks like the Foundry has made some changes since we were last there a few months ago. The prices are about $5-10 more per place and the portions a little smaller. This only bothers me because if I want expensive, high-quality food at Sundance, I can go to the Tree Room. The Foundry was supposed to be for the rest of us. Not anymore. We probably won't be back.
- Gastronomic delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014We are never disappointed when we go to the Sunday Brunch at the Foundry Grill. The food and the service is always terrific. It's a great place to go for a treat (birthday, anniversary, or just because). It has a very relaxing atmosphere. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant and the food was amazing but the scenery stole the show. The service was slow. For the price thoug, I would expect better service. Filling my own cofee cup is not acceptable.Special Features:
- Beware the brownie sundaeTimpHavenDined on 8/9/2014Foundry/Sundance is nice ambiance but always a little hit or miss with food, despite high price tag. Went for just dessert and the brownie tasted like it had been out for a day or so, pretty stale (toppings were good though). Still, expected more from an $8 brownie sundae I guess. When I politely answered one of the server's question about how it was, he gave me a look and walked off without comment or apology. I've had great desserts and service here before so hopefully this was an outlier experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgiveservicegetserviceVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great dining experience. Can't wait to return. Superb service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicebhillDined on 8/8/2014Our server recommended two dishes that he felt were very good. I had never tried porkshops... the dish was super! My wife had salmon and it was just as good... .Our server was caring and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014This was our first time at Sundance. We ordered the Steak and were not disappointed. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Our food was so good. Amanda, I think that's her name, was our server and she was fantastic. She helped us make choices of what to choose and even substituted a few things for our gluten free needs. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!HomecomingDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I dine here a few times every year. Dinner menu, service, food is usually pretty good. Hands down one of the best brunches in the state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain Lunch with MomcookiemomDined on 7/25/2014My mom was visiting from the East Coast so we took a lovely drive down to Sundance. Having been there before I knew it would be nice to show her the General Store and have Lunch at the Foundry Grill. I wasn't disappointed, nor was she. The food was wonderful (we both had the Chicken Salad Sandwich) and the Canyon Breeze (non-alcoholic) drink was so refreshing. I will definitely be back again for more delicious food and great service.Special Features:
- A must see in UtahMomofLandMVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you are in the vicinity or staying in Park City, Sundance is only about 40 minutes away. Great rustic atmosphere, hidden in the mountains. Food was fresh and everything tasted delicious!Special Features:
- The following 563 reviews are from the The Foundry Grill @ Sundance reviews archive.
- Amazing BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I ordered the Hamburger because it is most amazing. Never overcooked. I'm one of those that likes rare meat and you cook it to my liking.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLoriBelleDined on 7/22/2014Loved the resort and the restaurant. The food was good. The ambiance was excellent.
- Thank YouRichDined on 7/20/2014Sundance brunch is our favorite. Great ambience, great food and great service. I just wish they had the peach cobblers from the old days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic dining in the resortlaurapasquiniDined on 7/17/2014Gorgeous outdoor area for eating "comfort" food cuisine. The meal was enjoyable; however the service and ambience is the reason to visit the Foundry Grill. Definitely a stop by when in Sundance, UT. Also, check out the Owl bar next door for a pre- or post-dinner cocktail.Special Features:
- Great ambianceChefsmomDined on 7/7/2014Dining at Sundance is always a special treat. The warm, rustic flavor of the resort is so charming so a nice lunch and all around the grounds makes a wonderful day out. Food there is always delicious.Special Features:
- delicious arrayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed my meal at Foundry because there are so many choices and they all taste fresh. The servers are happy to helpSpecial Features: