The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
8841 N. Alpine Loop Rd.
Sundance, UT 84604Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://sundanceresort.com/dine/foundry_grill.html
- Phone: 8012234216x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Tim Anderson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Foundry Grill is available for private party rentals. Price is dependent on the day, date, menu, set up, and whether lodging has been booked for the group.
- Private Party Contact: Jonny Losee 8012234220x
A word from The Foundry Grill @ Sundance
The Foundry Grill was opened in July of 1996. The name is taken from the concept of the large foundry wall located in the main room. The word foundry also implies simplicity and a return to the fundamentals. The room, the service, and the menu are an extension of this idea. The Foundry Grill is committed to providing the freshest of vegetables and meats cooked in our apple wood rotisserie oven. In warm weather, the patio opens for outside dining. Sundance believes in the preservation of our resources; all our water glasses are created from recycled glass and are hand blown here at the Sundance Resort.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance - Best Restaurants in Sundance ›
The Foundry Grill @ Sundance reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (47)special occasion (43)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (37)fit for foodies (35)romantic (28)great for lunch (28)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (13)hot spot (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Take a hike at Sundance and then lunch at The Foundry. Perfect day.Special Features:
- Lovely setting, great foodFreshmealfanVIPDined on 8/23/2014My family of four (includes 2 teenage boys) ate lunch at the Foundry Grill before hitting the trails on foot and bikes. It was a wonderful, fresh meal - much better than what we have eaten at other ski resorts in the summer. We sat outside and enjoyed the surrounding greenery and low, mountain architecture. We loved the halibut tacos, arugula and fig pizza, and salmon. Well worth the drive from Park City to spend a day. My only slight complaint is that it felt a bit expensive, particularly given the modest (although appropriate for lunch) entree sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great venue, OK foodJLDCEOVIPDined on 8/22/2014I am a big fan of the Tree Room and Zoom. The Foundry is just OK. It's not bad....its just not that good. We had pizza, fish tacos, and a salad. All average. The one thing that was really worth getting was the Southwestern tuna tartare. It's a winner!
- Lovely and relaxingtheTellerDined on 8/16/2014WE enjoyed a pleasant evening of food and friends here at the Foundry Grill. The food was very good, the service very nice (although I'm pretty sure they forgot about us at dessert time--really? 15 minutes to get a dessert at 9:00 PM?), but we were having a lovely evening chatting so it wasn't so bad. It's a bit pricey, but very, very nice. It just seemed to me $30 for a plate of pasta was a bit high. But it tasted wonderful and you can't beat the beautiful location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and deliciousDelishGirlDined on 8/16/2014The food and atmosphere were great! They had some nice, different breakfast options and the salmon was great. Felt slightly overpriced for the amount of food..,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great treasure!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Fabulous food, service, ambience! Such a great treasure to have so close.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy With the ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014Looks like the Foundry has made some changes since we were last there a few months ago. The prices are about $5-10 more per place and the portions a little smaller. This only bothers me because if I want expensive, high-quality food at Sundance, I can go to the Tree Room. The Foundry was supposed to be for the rest of us. Not anymore. We probably won't be back.
- Gastronomic delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014We are never disappointed when we go to the Sunday Brunch at the Foundry Grill. The food and the service is always terrific. It's a great place to go for a treat (birthday, anniversary, or just because). It has a very relaxing atmosphere. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014The restaurant and the food was amazing but the scenery stole the show. The service was slow. For the price thoug, I would expect better service. Filling my own cofee cup is not acceptable.Special Features:
- Beware the brownie sundaeTimpHavenDined on 8/9/2014Foundry/Sundance is nice ambiance but always a little hit or miss with food, despite high price tag. Went for just dessert and the brownie tasted like it had been out for a day or so, pretty stale (toppings were good though). Still, expected more from an $8 brownie sundae I guess. When I politely answered one of the server's question about how it was, he gave me a look and walked off without comment or apology. I've had great desserts and service here before so hopefully this was an outlier experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgiveservicegetserviceVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great dining experience. Can't wait to return. Superb service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicebhillDined on 8/8/2014Our server recommended two dishes that he felt were very good. I had never tried porkshops... the dish was super! My wife had salmon and it was just as good... .Our server was caring and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014This was our first time at Sundance. We ordered the Steak and were not disappointed. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Delightful and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014Our food was so good. Amanda, I think that's her name, was our server and she was fantastic. She helped us make choices of what to choose and even substituted a few things for our gluten free needs. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Awesome brunch!HomecomingDined on 8/2/2014My wife and I dine here a few times every year. Dinner menu, service, food is usually pretty good. Hands down one of the best brunches in the state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mountain Lunch with MomcookiemomDined on 7/25/2014My mom was visiting from the East Coast so we took a lovely drive down to Sundance. Having been there before I knew it would be nice to show her the General Store and have Lunch at the Foundry Grill. I wasn't disappointed, nor was she. The food was wonderful (we both had the Chicken Salad Sandwich) and the Canyon Breeze (non-alcoholic) drink was so refreshing. I will definitely be back again for more delicious food and great service.Special Features:
- A must see in UtahMomofLandMVIPDined on 7/24/2014If you are in the vicinity or staying in Park City, Sundance is only about 40 minutes away. Great rustic atmosphere, hidden in the mountains. Food was fresh and everything tasted delicious!Special Features:
- Amazing BurgersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014I ordered the Hamburger because it is most amazing. Never overcooked. I'm one of those that likes rare meat and you cook it to my liking.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLoriBelleDined on 7/22/2014Loved the resort and the restaurant. The food was good. The ambiance was excellent.
- Thank YouRichDined on 7/20/2014Sundance brunch is our favorite. Great ambience, great food and great service. I just wish they had the peach cobblers from the old days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic dining in the resortlaurapasquiniDined on 7/17/2014Gorgeous outdoor area for eating "comfort" food cuisine. The meal was enjoyable; however the service and ambience is the reason to visit the Foundry Grill. Definitely a stop by when in Sundance, UT. Also, check out the Owl bar next door for a pre- or post-dinner cocktail.Special Features:
- Great ambianceChefsmomDined on 7/7/2014Dining at Sundance is always a special treat. The warm, rustic flavor of the resort is so charming so a nice lunch and all around the grounds makes a wonderful day out. Food there is always delicious.Special Features:
- delicious arrayOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2014I enjoyed my meal at Foundry because there are so many choices and they all taste fresh. The servers are happy to helpSpecial Features:
- sundance rulesbigDougsthoughtsDined on 7/6/2014We always bring out of state guests to brunch. Last sunday's was especially great. Our waiter Ben from Mesa was outstanding! The salmon and marinated veggies were especially great, and the prime rib and desserts were flavorful. .my picky wife thought the dice of the red onions on the bagels and lox was slightly large, but it didn't stop her from three helpings. The potatoes-green onion, green chile scalloped were cooked just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Slow/Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014Food was great. Service was slow. We asked for items, waiter forgot and we had to remind him/her. We didn't see a waiter or waitress often enough, less than average. Although poor service I'd go back just for the ambiance, food, scenery, and awesome atmosphere.
- Great BrunchracepadDined on 6/29/2014Sunday brunch is 5 star. Great food, great service, great setting. It's fine dining in one of the best settings in Utah.Special Features:
- I expected more from the experienceUnderwhelmedDined on 6/29/2014The drive to the restaurant was very scenic and the service was good. However, the food was cold and nothing special. They did not offer any signature dishes, just standard fare. This was definitely not worth $30 each and alcohol was not included. In a word disappointing.Special Features:
- Great DinnerJoannaDined on 6/27/2014Four of us ate at the Foundry Grill before the Symphony up on the hill. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience, from the prompt seating to the delicious fresh peach cobbler for dessert. The heirloom tomato salad, pasta dish, trout and meatloaf all had unique twists and very flavorful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant & Sundance Resort as well.Special Features:
- Good (not great) food overpriceddisappointedinCedarHillsDined on 6/27/2014We ate dinner early on a Friday evening. My wife enjoyed her portabello salad entree, but it was pricey at $27.00. I had a Caesar salad ($9.00) which was mediocre in quality, then the meatloaf w/potatoes ($27 and not exceptional in taste/quality). The best part of the meal was a $9.00 peach cobbler w/ice cream that we shared. All in all, unexceptional food at high prices. We would not go back although we love the Sundance area and atmosphere.
- Fabulous, as usualVivParkDined on 6/24/2014One of our favorites special occasion restaurants!! Everything about this place is five star!Special Features:
- rustic eleganceg2vinDined on 6/17/2014spectacular setting and very nice staff. they were overwhelmed by a large group and our orders came very slowly. Nevertheless, the cuisine is always excellent and the overall experience is a great pleasure.Special Features:
- Always Fun, Even If It's SlippingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Sundance is always fun and a cool place to take out of towners. We do the treeroom every year, and the Brunch at Foundry whenever- a few times a year. Out of town friends love it- Maybe they will see Robert Redford (we did this year). But recentl;y, maybe over the last year or so, we have seen the Brunch slipping. Slowly, the range of foods is reducing. The quality is still high, but there are fewer choices. Service is ALWAYS excellent.Special Features:
- Charlie was the best!tracefaceDined on 6/13/2014I went to the Foundry Grill with my husband on June 13th. It was a very nice experience. I really loved the food. Charlie was our server and he gave us great suggestions for entrees. I got the chicken and waffles and my husband got the pork chops. Charlie was very prompt to make sure my diet coke was filled :)Special Features:
- Overall fantastic experience!Eattotravel48Dined on 6/13/2014The lunch we had at the Foundry Grill was outstanding. From the upbeat atmosphere to the phenomenal food to the beautiful yet comfortable scenery, the Foundry Grill at the Sundance Resort lived up to all it's great reviews. The only deviation, albeit minor, was as the restaurant got busier the service declined with less attention and longer waits - for food, drink etc. With that exception, I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!eatsDined on 6/13/2014delicious food, nice atmosphere. a little pricey, but good for special eventsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as usualUtahdinerDined on 6/8/2014Sunday Brunch at Sundance is normally a favorite. This time was disappointing, buffet was not topped up fast enough, and the desserts, some of which had sat there for hours and were congealed. One of our party was actually not well afterwards, we think possible something to do with the eggs. Standards need to be maintained for consistency and repeat business, this visit was not a good experience.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in UTClintODined on 6/8/2014For $30, you will have access to world class brunch items; cheeses, fruit, entrees, etc. The dessert selections seem to vary, but I can't confirm. During this trip we had leg of lamb and prime rib- both of which were excellent. The blackberries were, seriously, 1" in diameter and about 2" long. Gigantic, yet all of the flavor was retained. Service was spot on, and the day my wife and I were there, it was pretty dead @ 9:00 (first reservation of the day). Other times, it has been bustling with activity- I recommend a reservation. Open Table: this currently isn't included in your points system, which is lame. Get your act together and properly recognize this place for your Users.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance but okay foodluvoutdoorsDined on 6/6/2014The food was very overpriced and only tasted just okay. I paid $9 for two leaves of Romaine lettuce pulled into small pieces. The $36 salmon was good, but I didn't like the bean, vegetable melody it was on. My husband paid $15 for a machine made hamburger. The ambiance was amazing, though! We sat outside by the running water feature and it was so relaxing.Special Features:
- Sundance StandbyFiddleDeeDeeVIPDined on 6/5/2014We celebrated a graduation here, and the food was fresh and hot (not always the case at some restaurants). We have been here many times, and its a great place to have a nice casual dinner at lovely Sundance resort. Service was attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent AnniversaryTaconutDined on 6/3/2014Went for our 25th anniversary. Great ambiance! Excellent service! Our waitress was a gem! We had the Hummus Crudité for an appetizer, it was great! Roasted red pepper hummus and various dipping accoutrement, Kalamata olives, excellent feta, Pita, roasted pepper, and a quinoa tabouleh (not exactly crudité )! Followed the waitress's recommendations for entrees, and she wasn't wrong! I had a wonderful pork chop with a braised kale and the wife had the salmon. Both were top notch. Had the brownie sundae for desert, overall very good, decadent, but the ice cream was a little icy. Waitress comp the desert because it was our anniversary. Definitely a recommend. We will be back for sureSpecial Features:
- The following 540 reviews are from the The Foundry Grill @ Sundance reviews archive.