432 W. Forty First Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theforge.com/
- Phone: 3055388533x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 6PM until 11PM
Friday & Saturday 6PM until 1AM
Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour -Friday 6pm to 11pm $50 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Forge has an exclusive private dining room with a terrace for 30 to 250 guests. The board room offers a beautiful “Alice in Wonderland” style setting for 16 guests. The Library accommodates up to 28 guests with a fireplace. Easily one of the most elegant venues in Miami to have a wedding. WI- FI though out entire venue. The Forge is available for private luncheons; board meetings; bar-bat mizvahs; birthday celebrations & holiday parties. Contact Maxwell@theforge.com for private bookings.
- Entertainment: Eighty wines from a $/bottle Opus one to a more modest yet equally deserving $ are available in 1/3/5-ounce pours with the swipe of the “Forge Wine Card,” which works similar to a debit card system. Another set of enomatics can be found flanking the Sommelier Station, whose backdrop is the floor-to-ceiling crystal bubbles – a perfect stage for 32-year veteran executive sommelier Gino Santangelo to decant his vintages.
Happy hour each night with social events; wine dinners. All major sporting events shown on 6 large screens at Forge Bar. Music programming by Irie. THEFORGE.com
- Special Events: Watch for special Mothers Day Dinner and other Epicurean special events. Visit The Forge online Magazine www.theforge.com for Seasonal Notes
A word from The Forge
In honour of The Forge’s 40th Anniversary in 2009, The Forge closed for a major renovation that would last almost a year. The result: an inspired farm-to-table menu and lifestyle approach to dining are all elements of The Forge’s new attitude. The award-winning restaurant has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor executed by Francois Frossard. walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique smoked mirror, octopussian lilac and white crystal chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and metal furniture. The elimination of more than 100 seats has created the ambiance of a large private home where every diner’s seat is “the best in the house.” The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen.Executive Chef Christopher Lee presents a 65-item menu along with Dessert Menu by Chef Alycia Delany. Enomatic's offer guests 80 wines by the ounce and Mixologist Justin Maas presents an incredible list of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Forge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Forge reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)notable wine list (108)romantic (107)fit for foodies (63)hot spot (62)vibrant bar scene (52)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (33)late-night find (16)scenic view (8)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2014Always outstanding...the ambien and the food was perfect...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Miami dinnerMia1Dined on 10/19/2014I try to come here every time I visit Miami. It is a really fun place and the food is exceptional. The soufflés for dessert are a delicious and fun way to end the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedhappytobeinsouthbeachDined on 10/18/2014Had a reservation on the early side (7pm) and were a little nervous that no one else was there. Not to worry. The space and bar are beautiful, as is the service. Treated very well, and the food was excellent (try the truffle mac & cheese, and seems like you can't go wrong with a steak- both the strip and filet were cooked perfectly). By the time we were finishing up the restaurant was almost full and had great energy. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Outstanding Dinner at The ForgeNandRDined on 10/17/2014We dined here for the first time, and had a wonderful time. We enjoyed dining in this beautiful restaurant decorated in a very interesting way. The service was superb. The food was very well prepared. We have no complaints. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Must dine here!BigBobDined on 10/14/2014Expensive but worth every penny. Beautiful setting, eclectic museum quality environ. Every dish was sheer perfection, The staff was friendly and more than willing to tell you the buildings history and provide a tour of the many dining rooms and extensive wine cellar. This was an experience we will not soon forget!Special Features:
- excellent service, excellent food!DeeDee2Dined on 10/14/2014great place for amazing atmosphere, service and food!Special Features:
- Simply amaizing!!!!!!AngienRodneyDined on 10/7/2014This was one of the best if not THE best restaurant i have ever been at the food, the service, since you walk in u feel bohemian. It makes u love!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExorbitantottodoppioDined on 10/5/2014Excellent menue, excellent interieur, excellent service ...... just everythingSpecial Features:
- Forge still deliversJCBHIDined on 10/4/2014I have not been to The Forge since the recent remodel and change. I am happy to say that the new Forge delivered well at all levels. The food and service were excellent and our server Juan was exceptional. I would recommend tasting some of the wines of which they have several. The cocktails served at the bar were measured pours from a jigger which were light for the price paid and really does not fit in or look good in place of this caliber.Special Features:
- Timeless classicDoc143VIPDined on 10/3/2014I think The Forge only gets better with time. The steak was definitely one of the best steaks I have ever had, and the lobster risotto appetizer was simply amazing. Then add in some wine and soufflé and you have an amazing dinner. Service was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- Best foodJorgeVIPDined on 10/3/2014The forge has the best food and service in Miami. There is never a long wait and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014I am not the typical person who writes reviews about the experiences in restaurants or places, but my experience in The Forge was outstanding. The food, the service and the service was above expected. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone that is looking for an excellent location to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:
- The Forge for Miami SpicedinebyboatDined on 9/29/2014The Forge Restaurant met all my expectations for an unique high-end dining experience in Miami Beach. The food was excellent and the portions perfect for the Miami Spice menu. The wait staff was very attentive, and even gave us a tour of the restaurant after dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancoisDined on 9/28/2014Great food and service.A definite TEN.We will be returning often to the Forge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forge not of the traditional pastSOBE41stDined on 9/27/2014Semi elegant and trendy with good menu and chef. Steak slightly over cooked otherwise very good plates. Service lacking and not at par with caliber and level of this fine dinning..Special Features:
- Maybe I'm too oldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The Forge has always been known for great food and exceptional service. The food is still great but the noise level and service needs some work. I guess I'm too old (I still run 2 miles a day) to appreciate the beating base that makes conversation in the bar difficult. The service there was good but the mixologist had to ask me twice what I wanted to drink. At our dinner table, the surrounding seating made it impossible for the waiters to get around the table, so they were constantly reaching over us to pour wine across the table and deliver food. On one occasion the waiter completely missed the glass when trying to pour the San Pellegrino. The overall experience was too trendy and very disappointing.
- Good and badbplshughesDined on 9/26/2014This was our first visit here. We loved the vibrant bar scene and the food was good. However, our overall experience was definitely marred by poor service. We had a 930 reservation and were not even seated until over an hour later. What made it even worse was we checked our status with the hostess twice and she promised we were top priority. However, not 5 min. Later we saw that she had seated someone else who came in after us. When we were finally seated, we asked to see the miami spice menu. That was our mistake- our waiter's demeanor changed in the blink of an eye and he he didn't even try to conceal his distaste and it was obvious we were NOT important to him. The other staff was attentive but not him. Such a jerk.Special Features:
- What happened to the classic Forge?sunsam4Dined on 9/26/2014The Forge was known for its classic, sophisticated look. I feel I went through a time warp. It felt like a typical South Beach restaurant. No oomph!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBirthdayCelebrationDined on 9/23/2014Enjoyed the food here. Wait staff very good. Would recommend this restaurant to visitors to the city and to those who live in the city as well.Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2014Such an iconic place...food was beyond good (as always) and the service was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodForgeDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant has been an icon for may years. It continues it's tradition but is now some how an oldie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service.enjoytodineDined on 9/21/2014Once you enter they make you feel special. We enjoyed the food and ambiance. It was a great evening. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I could go backmark2vDined on 9/19/2014The service from the moment you walk in is exceptional. Our party was greeted and sat right away. Our server Mike immediately welcomed us and was helpful with all our questions. Recommend reserving about a week in advance which is something I learned from last year. Only downside is the noise level. Even though I was accustomed to it my family was not. Overall best steak I had in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014It was awesome you have to try it even if it just for the experience. Beautiful resturant outstanding service and wonderful food the steak was so good no words can explain it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique place for MiamiMarvelousVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine list, the place has a very unique ambiance and decore, definitely would recommend it.Special Features:
- Been there...done that :-(Southflorida2Dined on 9/13/2014First, we were not offered the Miami Spice Menu, so we decided to order from the regular menu. After hearing so much about the Forge, I was very disappointed with the food, it was nothing to rave about. The NY strip was undercooked, nontender with no flavor. Our food was served on big cutting board blocks, not very attractive. The wine list was extensive and prices ranged from reasonable to more expensive. The restaurant's decor is monumentably beautiful which was very pleasing to the eyes....We did enjoy the wine recommended by the sommelier.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I went with my fiancée to the forge to celebrate his birthday. Neither one of us had ever been there. We had gotten mixed reviews from friends but decided to try it out anyway. We were disappointed, the food was not as great as we had expected and especially not for the price. It was extremely expensive.Special Features:
- Totally Worth It!!!MsSobeBlingDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful place. Excellent food and outstanding service. Will definitely be going back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind experience.HappyGroupDined on 9/12/2014The history and story behind The Forge are just a bonus to what Mike had to offer us. The whole crew (accept one girl at the hostess station) went above and beyond to make us feel important. We had 9 people with us and everyone was very happy with everything we ordered, absolutely delicious. If you are entertaining the idea of visiting The Forge, stop entertaining it and just go...you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Been going for years . The chef had a new appetizer we tried made with salmon . It was like something we have never tasted and truly amazing! The fusion of favors were awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drove 27 miles...LarryIntheWestDined on 9/7/2014just to get to The Forge, and hoping it would be worth it. Main room is too bright; we moved to the next room -- darker, more romantic. I ordered off the a la carte menu, and m'lady off the MSpice menu. Here goes. -Bread basket -- so-so: 5* -Chopped Caesar salad -- creamy & mild: 8* -Her Grilled shrimp -- overcooked a bit, disappointing: 5* -My Short rib -- huge, in wine glaze, yummy: 9* -"Hash brown" potatoes -- like fried mashed, tasty: 8* -Chocolate lava cake -- small, ok: 6* -Wine -- great choices, $$$ Service -- professional, attentive. 20% tip was added to bill, fine. Based on the pre-tip total, I would have paid a little more, but was not about to add $2.28 to the credit card voucher. Valet parking is $10 plus tip...ouch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceVepicis19VIPDined on 9/6/2014The waiter was annoyed by our group of 8 but also knew that she had 20% of the bill included in the tip. If that wasnt included i would have left her $0.50 she had an actitud and would not pick up my plate but she would pick up everyone else's plate. When i asked a question she repeated her self 5 times like i was dumb and didnt understand. Very upset with the service. Too expensive restaurant to be trated like that. Food was ok not great. Maybe it was beacuse the waitress didnt like us. Ive been there before and its was better.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014if your looking for great food good music vibrant life very Miami.. if u want silence go to a library its 2014 and the Forge deliversSpecial Features:
- All around fabulousFatgirlatheartVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Forge has been a famous restaurant in Miami Beach for years. I typically stop in for dessert and champagne.....they are famous for the unforgettable souffles. I recently made dinner reservations and was wowed by the dining experience. EVERYTHING was perfect, service, ambiance, food, management, the crowd! WELL DONE! A few highlights-Mac and cheese pot pie, butterscotch souffle, miso seabass! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Oh well!!!jaccik1Dined on 9/6/2014After not dining at the Forge for many years, we went for Miami Spice. I wanted to see the redo and check out the food. The inside was wonderful and inviting as ever. I was disappointed. After being charged $6 for a club soda which in anybody's book is ridiculous. I should have ordered another glass of wine instead. My filet was ordered rare it came out medium. The green beans were under cooked. The best part was the pana cotta for dessert. Will I race to MB to dine here again...I do not think so.Special Features:
- DeafeningeasytopleaseDined on 9/5/2014We had a excellent dinner, in a lovely room but the noise was so unpleasant that we would never go back again. It was painful and they added music to make it even worse. Perfect for people who use sign language.Special Features:
- Decent experienceAu82Dined on 9/4/2014Good food, amazing decor and ambiance, didn't have the best service (waited 20 mins for dessert) but it could have been due to the amount of tables they had at the time, I don't know. Server seemed like they lost interest in our table after we asked for the Spice menu and settled for cocktails instead of the extensive wine book. Overall, pricey restaurant but a good experience. Would probably save a date for a special occasion to come back.Special Features:
- Elegant ForgeJUDYVIPDined on 9/1/2014The beautifully elegant Forge is by far one of the best restaurants in Miami. Elegantly served by friendly helpful waitstaff who are not overpowering. My husband said his steak was one of the best he has had. (equal to New York Prime). Sides are deliciously prepared. Our waiter told us of the history of the Forge. He even gave us a private tour of the restaurant. I saw the beautiful chandelier from the White House, and the lovely stained glass windows, and a courtyard I had no idea existed. The Forge restaurant just makes everyone feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The duck is one of the best dishes on the menu! They also have a great drink selection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately a flopadmittedlypickyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not up to expectations. Over an hour wait for our table despite our reservation. Uncomfortably loud. Wine available by the glass but "sold out" at our table. Very long waits between courses, to the point we would ask our waiter to please bring our dishes. But the food, when it arrived, was very good.