432 W. Forty First Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theforge.com/
- Phone: 3055388533x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 6PM until 11PM
Friday & Saturday 6PM until 1AM
Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour -Friday 6pm to 11pm $50 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Forge has an exclusive private dining room with a terrace for 30 to 250 guests. The board room offers a beautiful “Alice in Wonderland” style setting for 16 guests. The Library accommodates up to 28 guests with a fireplace. Easily one of the most elegant venues in Miami to have a wedding. WI- FI though out entire venue. The Forge is available for private luncheons; board meetings; bar-bat mizvahs; birthday celebrations & holiday parties. Contact Maxwell@theforge.com for private bookings.
- Entertainment: Eighty wines from a $/bottle Opus one to a more modest yet equally deserving $ are available in 1/3/5-ounce pours with the swipe of the “Forge Wine Card,” which works similar to a debit card system. Another set of enomatics can be found flanking the Sommelier Station, whose backdrop is the floor-to-ceiling crystal bubbles – a perfect stage for 32-year veteran executive sommelier Gino Santangelo to decant his vintages.
Happy hour each night with social events; wine dinners. All major sporting events shown on 6 large screens at Forge Bar. Music programming by Irie. THEFORGE.com
- Special Events: Watch for special Mothers Day Dinner and other Epicurean special events. Visit The Forge online Magazine www.theforge.com for Seasonal Notes
A word from The Forge
In honour of The Forge’s 40th Anniversary in 2009, The Forge closed for a major renovation that would last almost a year. The result: an inspired farm-to-table menu and lifestyle approach to dining are all elements of The Forge’s new attitude. The award-winning restaurant has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor executed by Francois Frossard. walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique smoked mirror, octopussian lilac and white crystal chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and metal furniture. The elimination of more than 100 seats has created the ambiance of a large private home where every diner’s seat is “the best in the house.” The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen.Executive Chef Christopher Lee presents a 65-item menu along with Dessert Menu by Chef Alycia Delany. Enomatic's offer guests 80 wines by the ounce and Mixologist Justin Maas presents an incredible list of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
The Forge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Forge reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (121)romantic (102)notable wine list (98)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (47)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (29)late-night find (15)scenic view (10)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Unfortunately a flopOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/30/2014Not up to expectations. Over an hour wait for our table despite our reservation. Uncomfortably loud. Wine available by the glass but "sold out" at our table. Very long waits between courses, to the point we would ask our waiter to please bring our dishes. But the food, when it arrived, was very good.
- DisappointingNOFATFOODIEDined on 8/30/2014For how famous The Forge used to be, we were very disappointed in the Miami Spice Miami. The choices were very limited and largely uninspired. The most notable and only truly delicious item was the pasta appetizer with braised short rib. Carbs are not my thing, but this dish ordered by my friend was the best tasting thing we had all night, including the desserts. The chocolate lava cake was too chocolately for my tastes, although the sorbet was refreshing. The lemony panna cota was good, but the fish was only average, largely bland. The service, however was outstanding. Overall, a very disappointing dinner especially considering the price.Special Features:
- Nice but not perfectopalcalaVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was great, but my steak came out medium instead of well done. We were seated close to the entrance, which was a bit warm and uncomfortable. The dining chairs were also very uncomfortable. Our food was excellent once they took my steak back and finished cooking it.Special Features:
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014It is a shame that such a beautiful place with so delicious food have a very bad service; I made a reservation for a special dinner at 9:30pm and there was no respect for that; the host sent me to the bar, and after a lot of waiting we could actually seat in our table at 11:10pm. This is unacceptable and it ruined the whole experience ! Even though food was excellent, our energy wasn't the same. We've asked to the host what happened and she said without any problem that they had to give our table to somebody else ! We didn't leave because it was late already and we wouldn't be able to find any other place by that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. The music was very lively but it was hard to have conversation without yelling. There were all kinds of people there including drag queens, so great people watching establishment. Overall it was a great night time spot for socializing by the music or enjoying a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our not so fun/noisy night....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We arrived right on time for our 830 pm reservation. Unfortunately, our table was not ready. We we're taken to a table that was still occupied. The hostess asked us to go to the bar while we waited. We decided to go back to the front and patiently waited. It took them 35 minutes to sit us. The waiter was not very pleasant he seemed to be in a hurry. The food was ok, the steak was great but the mashed potatoes were bland and had no flavor. The french onion soup was excellent and the dessert was too sweet. The ambience was nice but it was too loud. We we're seated 2 tables from the bar and in order to talk we had to shout. Drinks ok. I was very disappointed. With the spice menu it was very expensive. I don't think I will return.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in the worldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Wir waren vor 30 Monaten hier das erstemal essen und verzaubert! Auch diesesmal hat das Restaurant unseren ersten Platz verteidigt ! Das Essen, die Weinkarte und das eher strange Ambiente ( auch die Gäste ) sind ein muss in Miami !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a special night out for our anniversary. I reserved with OPEN TABLE and then I made sure to call the restaurant so that they were award of the special occasion. No one was aware of this at the restaurant. This was just the beginning of what was a truly disappointing evening! The service was spotty. Maybe this has to do with the compulsory 20% gratuity. I felt like I was at TGIFriday's or something like that. The steaks were good. This was the only saving grace for the evening. We were nickel and dimed for everything. Baked potato at 8 dollars is steep enough.......do you need to charge an extra 4 bucks for the sour cream and chives? The chopped salad was bland and small at 14 dollars.
- Okay.MOTRODined on 8/23/2014It was okay. Ambiance was nice and there was a DJ. Food was bland, the steak was cooked perfectly but lacked flavor. Also, the shrimp was over cooked and also flavorless. Cool place to have a drink (awesome wine list) - skip the food.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic!see belowJoeyBDined on 8/23/2014Miami spice menu was great and it changes weekly- very smart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Awesome experience all around, great atmosphere, great service, great food. Mac n cheese a must, skip the corn if you need to make a choice.Special Features:
- The ForgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent night out at the Forge. Food and service were exceptionally excellent!Special Features:
- Great!ThefoodguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We come here everytime we are in Miami. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutly awesomequeropiDined on 8/22/2014great food great service awesome place very romanticSpecial Features:
- Disappointing returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was dignified fine dining 2 yrs ago.; now déclassé pandering to the glitz crowd...non stop ear pounding electronically produced rock; can't hear yourself speak. Now Just another MB "joint" peddling high margin beverage, despite the pretentious finishes and fixtures. Yet, the food/presentation was still well done. I think they want to have it all ways, but its a turn off to the fine dining crowd. Yuck! Wouldn't return.
- DISSAPOINTED IN THE FOODRosey381Dined on 8/22/2014Place is beautiful, service excellent. Food was so so. Had to return steak. Very tough and chewySpecial Features:
- Great experienceVvikDined on 8/18/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Forge. Food was very good, service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveLoGhansOpinionDined on 8/17/2014I've been to the old Forge before, but just made my way to the new remodeled version just because me and my cousin was riding the beach and had a taste for a great steak. With that being said, I was like, let's hit the Forge... One of the best decisions I've made lately as it relates to food.... OMG... DELICIOUS...and I want mention the heavenly bacon cupcakes... A MUST TRY... I was very impressed with the attentive service we received while grabbing a quick bite at the bar, so I can only imagine what dining in the dining room would have presented... The only reason, I'm not rating the Forge a 5 star, because I believe no restaurant is perfect and there's always room for improvement in some form, if not by me, someone else...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont rush backStanDined on 8/16/2014Celebrating an anniversary, we headed to the Forge. We were there before & it was so special then. The setting was as remembered (library) but more tables were squeezed in and tables for two were just too small. Nothing special when you can reach a fork on the next table. We don't mind the cost but expect the food & service to be at the same level. As for food oysters & Salad were weak & dessert soufflé was terrible The service while considerate was some what rushed. There were just too many managers walking around getting in the way and doing nothing to enhance the dining experience. Overall I am sorry we returned because it was previously at the top of our list of great dining experiences NO More NO waySpecial Features:
- Even for Miami Spice not worth itMsPickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Forge before though not often. We had to ask for the Miami Spice menu and as it turns out only 1 of the party of 4 even ordered from it. Then one person requested a non alcoholic bloody Mary (7 p.m. on a Saturday night) and we were told they were out of tomato juice and had been out since the prior night!!! I suggested someone go to Publix and somehow magically they were able to find more tomato juice! Service was sketchy and we asked if each couple could have their own checks before we ordered but were told that the best they could do was split the bill 50/50 - duh.Special Features:
- Overall, A Great RestaurantMotekVIPDined on 8/16/2014The Forge offers a beautiful dining experience in perhaps one of South Florida's most attractive, old world settings. The food is noteworthy, but the menu options are small with the exception of steak offerings. A 20% gratuity is added on to all checks. When the service is exceptional, this is warranted. However, in our case, our server Amanda left much to be desired. She was abrupt and unfriendly. At these prices, a better attitude is expected. Nevertheless, this did not mar an otherwise lovely meal.Special Features:
- Miami Spice Bait and SwitchNautilus1Dined on 8/16/2014Love the Forge - the food and atmosphere are always wonderful. I was disappointed with their Miami Spice menu, however, because when I made the reservation there was a filet mignon on the spice menu but on the night we dined the only offered fish, chicken or a cheeseburger. If they are not going to participate in Miami Spice in good faith, they should not bother at all. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami SpiceIcebergDined on 8/15/2014We have wanted to go to The Forge ever since it reopened after the fire. So, we decided to go for Miami Spice because of the stellar reviews on its Miami Spice menu. We were very disappointed on 2 of the 3 courses. The menu had changed for the worse. Very low end and ordinary entrees and deserts. The service was excellent and a nice ambience. If we go back, doubt it will be for Miami Spice. Kinda doubt we will ever return.Special Features:
- AmazingNicoDined on 8/15/2014Starting from the service the minute you walking to the food and the perfect ambiance the forge was one to remember and one that I will most definetly go back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience!enjoysfoodDined on 8/15/2014Everything about Forge is outstanding, from the wine bar selections, to the wait staff, to the chef's specials. I truly enjoyed the chef's sea bass special of the evening, its preparation was magnificent with a unique blend of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday ExperienceTatiDiningDined on 8/12/2014Very nice. Beautiful moments at a legend restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/11/2014My husband and I went while on vacation in Miami we had reservations at Michael Mina but we sat down there and quickly left after the service was horrendous so glad we found The Forge!. From the minute we walked in we were greeted by a sweet hostess that actually ran outside to get us because we went in the wrong entrance! The restaurant is beautiful! We were seated in a great table with a seat that made me feel like a queen! Then the biggest surprise! My husband discovered he knew the Chef Christopher Lee from his Four Seasons days. Being my husband is an amazing 5 diamond award winning chef makes it hard to find restaurants up to our standards! Chef Lee made our experience just incredible. From the food, ambiance,and the sommelierSpecial Features:
- cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2014outstanding service, great food and decor - went for miami spice so less expensive, but it was still pricey!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceanabelleDined on 8/10/2014It was a great evening. The food presentation and taste was wonderful. Our server Jean-Mar was very attentive and a great source of the restaurant's historySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and atmosphereceats27Dined on 8/9/2014Had heard a lot about this place from friends, and decided to check it out on my vacation down to Miami. Everything here was great. The wine list was AMAZING (it came in a large book with a table of contents). Had the bacon appetizer, and it was the best bacon I have ever had. For teh main course, ordered the Wagyu, and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful!PerkamontyVIPDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is beautiful and the food is amazing!! We were in miami for vacation and went here on a saturday night. It was busy but the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurant, great food.KristinaDined on 8/8/2014Dined at The Forge for my birthday and was not disappointed. This is a great place for a special occasion. The food is delicious and the ambience incredible. We were seated in the "library" room, which I felt was the best spot in the house. The Forge has gorgeous decor. Drinks are also incredible, from an amazing wine selection to the perfectly mixed cocktails. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014One of the best meals we have ever had! And we didn't even order off the full menu and instead took advantage or the Miami Spice menu. The first course consisted of jerk bacon, French onion soup and chopped salad. Next we had the filet mignon, which literally melted in your mouth. We did also indulge in the lobster risotto and Mac & cheese which were also amazing! And the molten lava cake was to die for! The presentation was beautiful and the wine was lovely. Go, you will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMOBDined on 8/5/2014Great service, food, and ambiance. We've been there twice in the past two weeks and thoroughly enjoyed both visits. Our waiter on our first visit, Oscar, even took us on a tour of the property after dinner. The only "negative" I would note is that although the restaurant has a beautiful bar, that area of the restaurant was completely dead. Not a place to come for pre-dinner drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatMichelDined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Food was excellent. Service TOP! I will DEFINATELY go back and will recommend this place to everyone I know!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014My filet was cold and the food overall was not very good. The desert however was excellent.
- Spice not NiceDanPaulDined on 8/3/2014My companion ate from the Spice menu which was limited and the portions very small. I ate from the regular menu and had a below average quality steak, dry as a bone and so thin they could not possibly make it black and blue. The wine was a tiny pour @ $16.10 a glass. Not worth it, I assure you. Don't bother dining there. Oh and they charged me tax on the 20% gratuity! And the waiter brought me a box of steak knives from which I was to choose one. What??? And the bill came in a mother of pearl box. Imagine!!!! What 's that all about. Their days of glory are long gone and you can't get them back with fahncy chandeliers. Stay away. Better steak in other steak houses.
- courtboyVIPDined on 8/2/2014We went for Miami Spice. Great menu selections. Our server was knowledgeable and really made the dinner special. This was a great night.Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant in South BeachMeaghanVIPDined on 8/2/2014Was referred to this place by a friend who recently joined there and had a great experience - now I see why! The place is gorgeous, food is amazing, people-watching is great and the ambience is perfect for either a nice weekday steak dinner, or weekend night out. Took a group of girls here for a friend's Bachelorette Party, and it was a great "nicer" dinner, where everyone found something on the menu that they liked. Portions are fairly large, but they are cool with splitting if you have plans to go out after. Loved our waiter Jean, too!Special Features:
- Great ambienceFinedinerDined on 8/2/2014The Forge has a beautiful interior and ambience. Definitely great for special occasions.We went for Miami Spice and the menu was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.