432 W. Forty First Street
Miami Beach, FL 33140Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theforge.com/
- Phone: 3055388533x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Thursday 6PM until 11PM
Friday & Saturday 6PM until 1AM
Veuve Clicquot Happy Hour -Friday 6pm to 11pm $50 Bottles of Veuve Clicquot
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, French American
- Executive Chef: Chef Dewey LoSasso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: The Forge has an exclusive private dining room with a terrace for 30 to 250 guests. The board room offers a beautiful “Alice in Wonderland” style setting for 16 guests. The Library accommodates up to 28 guests with a fireplace. Easily one of the most elegant venues in Miami to have a wedding. WI- FI though out entire venue. The Forge is available for private luncheons; board meetings; bar-bat mizvahs; birthday celebrations & holiday parties. Contact Maxwell@theforge.com for private bookings.
- Entertainment: Eighty wines from a $/bottle Opus one to a more modest yet equally deserving $ are available in 1/3/5-ounce pours with the swipe of the “Forge Wine Card,” which works similar to a debit card system. Another set of enomatics can be found flanking the Sommelier Station, whose backdrop is the floor-to-ceiling crystal bubbles – a perfect stage for 32-year veteran executive sommelier Gino Santangelo to decant his vintages.
Happy hour each night with social events; wine dinners. All major sporting events shown on 6 large screens at Forge Bar. Music programming by Irie. THEFORGE.com
- Special Events: Watch for special Mothers Day Dinner and other Epicurean special events. Visit The Forge online Magazine www.theforge.com for Seasonal Notes
A word from The Forge
In honour of The Forge’s 40th Anniversary in 2009, The Forge closed for a major renovation that would last almost a year. The result: an inspired farm-to-table menu and lifestyle approach to dining are all elements of The Forge’s new attitude. The award-winning restaurant has undergone a total makeover, the overall design and décor executed by Francois Frossard. walls of hand-carved blonde wood and antique smoked mirror, octopussian lilac and white crystal chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of upholstered and metal furniture. The elimination of more than 100 seats has created the ambiance of a large private home where every diner’s seat is “the best in the house.” The open floor plan of the 6,000-square-foot space allows guests to see and be seen.Executive Chef Christopher Lee presents a 65-item menu along with Dessert Menu by Chef Alycia Delany. Enomatic's offer guests 80 wines by the ounce and Mixologist Justin Maas presents an incredible list of craft cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Forge - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
The Forge reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (128)romantic (110)notable wine list (106)fit for foodies (59)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (50)good for groups (45)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (16)scenic view (9)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Wish I could go backmark2vDined on 9/19/2014The service from the moment you walk in is exceptional. Our party was greeted and sat right away. Our server Mike immediately welcomed us and was helpful with all our questions. Recommend reserving about a week in advance which is something I learned from last year. Only downside is the noise level. Even though I was accustomed to it my family was not. Overall best steak I had in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014It was awesome you have to try it even if it just for the experience. Beautiful resturant outstanding service and wonderful food the steak was so good no words can explain it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique place for MiamiMarvelousVIPDined on 9/13/2014Great wine list, the place has a very unique ambiance and decore, definitely would recommend it.Special Features:
- Been there...done that :-(Southflorida2Dined on 9/13/2014First, we were not offered the Miami Spice Menu, so we decided to order from the regular menu. After hearing so much about the Forge, I was very disappointed with the food, it was nothing to rave about. The NY strip was undercooked, nontender with no flavor. Our food was served on big cutting board blocks, not very attractive. The wine list was extensive and prices ranged from reasonable to more expensive. The restaurant's decor is monumentably beautiful which was very pleasing to the eyes....We did enjoy the wine recommended by the sommelier.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I went with my fiancée to the forge to celebrate his birthday. Neither one of us had ever been there. We had gotten mixed reviews from friends but decided to try it out anyway. We were disappointed, the food was not as great as we had expected and especially not for the price. It was extremely expensive.Special Features:
- Totally Worth It!!!MsSobeBlingDined on 9/13/2014Beautiful place. Excellent food and outstanding service. Will definitely be going back soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kind experience.HappyGroupDined on 9/12/2014The history and story behind The Forge are just a bonus to what Mike had to offer us. The whole crew (accept one girl at the hostess station) went above and beyond to make us feel important. We had 9 people with us and everyone was very happy with everything we ordered, absolutely delicious. If you are entertaining the idea of visiting The Forge, stop entertaining it and just go...you won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Been going for years . The chef had a new appetizer we tried made with salmon . It was like something we have never tasted and truly amazing! The fusion of favors were awesome !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We drove 27 miles...LarryIntheWestDined on 9/7/2014just to get to The Forge, and hoping it would be worth it. Main room is too bright; we moved to the next room -- darker, more romantic. I ordered off the a la carte menu, and m'lady off the MSpice menu. Here goes. -Bread basket -- so-so: 5* -Chopped Caesar salad -- creamy & mild: 8* -Her Grilled shrimp -- overcooked a bit, disappointing: 5* -My Short rib -- huge, in wine glaze, yummy: 9* -"Hash brown" potatoes -- like fried mashed, tasty: 8* -Chocolate lava cake -- small, ok: 6* -Wine -- great choices, $$$ Service -- professional, attentive. 20% tip was added to bill, fine. Based on the pre-tip total, I would have paid a little more, but was not about to add $2.28 to the credit card voucher. Valet parking is $10 plus tip...ouch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceVepicis19VIPDined on 9/6/2014The waiter was annoyed by our group of 8 but also knew that she had 20% of the bill included in the tip. If that wasnt included i would have left her $0.50 she had an actitud and would not pick up my plate but she would pick up everyone else's plate. When i asked a question she repeated her self 5 times like i was dumb and didnt understand. Very upset with the service. Too expensive restaurant to be trated like that. Food was ok not great. Maybe it was beacuse the waitress didnt like us. Ive been there before and its was better.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014if your looking for great food good music vibrant life very Miami.. if u want silence go to a library its 2014 and the Forge deliversSpecial Features:
- All around fabulousFatgirlatheartVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Forge has been a famous restaurant in Miami Beach for years. I typically stop in for dessert and champagne.....they are famous for the unforgettable souffles. I recently made dinner reservations and was wowed by the dining experience. EVERYTHING was perfect, service, ambiance, food, management, the crowd! WELL DONE! A few highlights-Mac and cheese pot pie, butterscotch souffle, miso seabass! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Oh well!!!jaccik1Dined on 9/6/2014After not dining at the Forge for many years, we went for Miami Spice. I wanted to see the redo and check out the food. The inside was wonderful and inviting as ever. I was disappointed. After being charged $6 for a club soda which in anybody's book is ridiculous. I should have ordered another glass of wine instead. My filet was ordered rare it came out medium. The green beans were under cooked. The best part was the pana cotta for dessert. Will I race to MB to dine here again...I do not think so.Special Features:
- DeafeningeasytopleaseDined on 9/5/2014We had a excellent dinner, in a lovely room but the noise was so unpleasant that we would never go back again. It was painful and they added music to make it even worse. Perfect for people who use sign language.Special Features:
- Decent experienceAu82Dined on 9/4/2014Good food, amazing decor and ambiance, didn't have the best service (waited 20 mins for dessert) but it could have been due to the amount of tables they had at the time, I don't know. Server seemed like they lost interest in our table after we asked for the Spice menu and settled for cocktails instead of the extensive wine book. Overall, pricey restaurant but a good experience. Would probably save a date for a special occasion to come back.Special Features:
- Elegant ForgeJUDYVIPDined on 9/1/2014The beautifully elegant Forge is by far one of the best restaurants in Miami. Elegantly served by friendly helpful waitstaff who are not overpowering. My husband said his steak was one of the best he has had. (equal to New York Prime). Sides are deliciously prepared. Our waiter told us of the history of the Forge. He even gave us a private tour of the restaurant. I saw the beautiful chandelier from the White House, and the lovely stained glass windows, and a courtyard I had no idea existed. The Forge restaurant just makes everyone feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014The duck is one of the best dishes on the menu! They also have a great drink selection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately a flopadmittedlypickyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Not up to expectations. Over an hour wait for our table despite our reservation. Uncomfortably loud. Wine available by the glass but "sold out" at our table. Very long waits between courses, to the point we would ask our waiter to please bring our dishes. But the food, when it arrived, was very good.
- Chanel23MarlyDined on 8/30/2014We were disappointed with the whole experience. It was a double anniversary for Mr. and Mrs. Fernandez along with my wife and I. We were expecting a more romantic experience. The music was loud, so at time we had to shout to each other. We have definitely experienced better restaurants than this one. Our food at most was fair due to most of our meal was cold. We did enjoy the two bottles of wine. For $35 they are better restaurants.
- DisappointingNOFATFOODIEDined on 8/30/2014For how famous The Forge used to be, we were very disappointed in the Miami Spice Miami. The choices were very limited and largely uninspired. The most notable and only truly delicious item was the pasta appetizer with braised short rib. Carbs are not my thing, but this dish ordered by my friend was the best tasting thing we had all night, including the desserts. The chocolate lava cake was too chocolately for my tastes, although the sorbet was refreshing. The lemony panna cota was good, but the fish was only average, largely bland. The service, however was outstanding. Overall, a very disappointing dinner especially considering the price.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a delicious meal with a fantastic waiter. We dined there this past Saturday night and had a phenomenal time. Matthew was our waiter and he was absolutely wonderful. He even took us on a tour of the beautiful restaurant after we were done eating. I will definitely go back when in Miami.Special Features:
- Nice but not perfectopalcalaVIPDined on 8/30/2014The service was great, but my steak came out medium instead of well done. We were seated close to the entrance, which was a bit warm and uncomfortable. The dining chairs were also very uncomfortable. Our food was excellent once they took my steak back and finished cooking it.Special Features:
- ReservationMeKaDined on 8/29/2014It is a shame that such a beautiful place with so delicious food have a very bad service; I made a reservation for a special dinner at 9:30pm and there was no respect for that; the host sent me to the bar, and after a lot of waiting we could actually seat in our table at 11:10pm. This is unacceptable and it ruined the whole experience ! Even though food was excellent, our energy wasn't the same. We've asked to the host what happened and she said without any problem that they had to give our table to somebody else ! We didn't leave because it was late already and we wouldn't be able to find any other place by that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EclecticHATTDined on 8/29/2014The food was amazing and the service was outstanding. The music was very lively but it was hard to have conversation without yelling. There were all kinds of people there including drag queens, so great people watching establishment. Overall it was a great night time spot for socializing by the music or enjoying a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our not so fun/noisy night....Yogibear1212Dined on 8/29/2014We arrived right on time for our 830 pm reservation. Unfortunately, our table was not ready. We we're taken to a table that was still occupied. The hostess asked us to go to the bar while we waited. We decided to go back to the front and patiently waited. It took them 35 minutes to sit us. The waiter was not very pleasant he seemed to be in a hurry. The food was ok, the steak was great but the mashed potatoes were bland and had no flavor. The french onion soup was excellent and the dessert was too sweet. The ambience was nice but it was too loud. We we're seated 2 tables from the bar and in order to talk we had to shout. Drinks ok. I was very disappointed. With the spice menu it was very expensive. I don't think I will return.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in the worldTHORDined on 8/29/2014Wir waren vor 30 Monaten hier das erstemal essen und verzaubert! Auch diesesmal hat das Restaurant unseren ersten Platz verteidigt ! Das Essen, die Weinkarte und das eher strange Ambiente ( auch die Gäste ) sind ein muss in Miami !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment!AntisnobfoodieVIPDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a special night out for our anniversary. I reserved with OPEN TABLE and then I made sure to call the restaurant so that they were award of the special occasion. No one was aware of this at the restaurant. This was just the beginning of what was a truly disappointing evening! The service was spotty. Maybe this has to do with the compulsory 20% gratuity. I felt like I was at TGIFriday's or something like that. The steaks were good. This was the only saving grace for the evening. We were nickel and dimed for everything. Baked potato at 8 dollars is steep enough.......do you need to charge an extra 4 bucks for the sour cream and chives? The chopped salad was bland and small at 14 dollars.
- Okay.MOTRODined on 8/23/2014It was okay. Ambiance was nice and there was a DJ. Food was bland, the steak was cooked perfectly but lacked flavor. Also, the shrimp was over cooked and also flavorless. Cool place to have a drink (awesome wine list) - skip the food.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic!see belowJoeyBDined on 8/23/2014Miami spice menu was great and it changes weekly- very smart!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Awesome experience all around, great atmosphere, great service, great food. Mac n cheese a must, skip the corn if you need to make a choice.Special Features:
- The ForgeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Excellent night out at the Forge. Food and service were exceptionally excellent!Special Features:
- Great!ThefoodguyVIPDined on 8/22/2014We come here everytime we are in Miami. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutly awesomequeropiDined on 8/22/2014great food great service awesome place very romanticSpecial Features:
- Disappointing returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was dignified fine dining 2 yrs ago.; now déclassé pandering to the glitz crowd...non stop ear pounding electronically produced rock; can't hear yourself speak. Now Just another MB "joint" peddling high margin beverage, despite the pretentious finishes and fixtures. Yet, the food/presentation was still well done. I think they want to have it all ways, but its a turn off to the fine dining crowd. Yuck! Wouldn't return.
- DISSAPOINTED IN THE FOODRosey381Dined on 8/22/2014Place is beautiful, service excellent. Food was so so. Had to return steak. Very tough and chewySpecial Features:
- Great experienceVvikDined on 8/18/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Forge. Food was very good, service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveLoGhansOpinionDined on 8/17/2014I've been to the old Forge before, but just made my way to the new remodeled version just because me and my cousin was riding the beach and had a taste for a great steak. With that being said, I was like, let's hit the Forge... One of the best decisions I've made lately as it relates to food.... OMG... DELICIOUS...and I want mention the heavenly bacon cupcakes... A MUST TRY... I was very impressed with the attentive service we received while grabbing a quick bite at the bar, so I can only imagine what dining in the dining room would have presented... The only reason, I'm not rating the Forge a 5 star, because I believe no restaurant is perfect and there's always room for improvement in some form, if not by me, someone else...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was disappointingdcorvalDined on 8/17/2014I came here to celebrate my mother's birthday. The ambiance was nice and the decor was eccentric. The menu had nice sections. My only issue was the quality of the food. I choose the Miami spice menu and it was nice but not great. My mother choose a new York strip steak and ordered it medium but it was terribly over cooked and dry. So that was disappointing. It was to my opinion overpriced for the quality.
- Dont rush backStanDined on 8/16/2014Celebrating an anniversary, we headed to the Forge. We were there before & it was so special then. The setting was as remembered (library) but more tables were squeezed in and tables for two were just too small. Nothing special when you can reach a fork on the next table. We don't mind the cost but expect the food & service to be at the same level. As for food oysters & Salad were weak & dessert soufflé was terrible The service while considerate was some what rushed. There were just too many managers walking around getting in the way and doing nothing to enhance the dining experience. Overall I am sorry we returned because it was previously at the top of our list of great dining experiences NO More NO waySpecial Features:
- Even for Miami Spice not worth itMsPickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have been to Forge before though not often. We had to ask for the Miami Spice menu and as it turns out only 1 of the party of 4 even ordered from it. Then one person requested a non alcoholic bloody Mary (7 p.m. on a Saturday night) and we were told they were out of tomato juice and had been out since the prior night!!! I suggested someone go to Publix and somehow magically they were able to find more tomato juice! Service was sketchy and we asked if each couple could have their own checks before we ordered but were told that the best they could do was split the bill 50/50 - duh.Special Features: