The Flying Fig
2523 Market Ave.
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Flying Fig
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://theflyingfig.com/
- Phone: (216) 241-4243
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30 - 2:30 Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 5:00 - 11:00 pm, Sunday: 5:00- 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Karen Small
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Party room seats 35 comfortably for Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2162414243
- Cross Street: One Block North of West 25th and Lorain
- Public Transit: Steps from the West 25th Street RTA station.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street Parking is free after 6pm weekdays and free on weekends. There is a paid parking lot on the corner of W.26th and Market Ave. Ample free parking is available one block East behind the West Side Market.
A word from The Flying Fig
Our mission at the Flying Fig is simple, to offer professional, courteous service, in a casual, relaxed setting. We provide wine-oriented cuisine utilizing the finest ingredients available, sourced locally whenever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Flying Fig - Best Restaurants in Ohio City ›
The Flying Fig reviews from OpenTable diners
144 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (99)neighborhood gem (83)great for brunch (46)romantic (40)special occasion (38)great for outdoor dining (34)hot spot (25)great for lunch (21)good for groups (19)notable wine list (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- I had a wonderful meal withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/10/2010I had a wonderful meal with a group of four on a Saturday night. We ordered several starters and small plates to share amongst the group and it was great to taste several of the different items because they were all wonderful. Service was attentive and the decor and ambiance were just right. I highly recommend The Flying Fig if you want a meal where every dish is well executed.Special Features:
- My husband and I were disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/10/2010My husband and I were disappointed with the food and the service at the Flying Fig. This was our second time at the restaurant and our experience did not live up to our expectations. The salads were okay but not worth $8.00. The salad I ordered was supposed to have almonds on it and I could only find 2 small almonds. The shrimp and grits I had were good but I think they only gave me about 2 Tablespoons of grits. My husbands hamburger was certainly not worth $15. We are not planning to return to Flying Fig anytime soon.
- The hanger steak was extremelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2010The hanger steak was extremely chewy. The taste was great, just too chewy.
- Great experience. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2010Great experience. Food was very well prepared and hot when arrived at the table. Service was prompt and very professional. Too noisy on this particular evening. Hard to be heard around the table.Special Features:
- Fantastic food and great ambiance.flo123Dined on 4/4/2010Fantastic food and great ambiance. Food prepared immaculate. Fresh food perfect size portions. Privy for brunch but well worth itSpecial Features:
- The Flying Fig is fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/27/2010The Flying Fig is fantastic! I would recommend it to any friend or family member looking for a tasty, inspiring meal.Special Features:
- I was glad to see so manyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2010I was glad to see so many young people there. We had a good meal. Nothing outstanding but good.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2010This is an excellent restaurant. Wonderful and helpful waiter and delicious food. Just what everyone wants in a dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2010Excellent food and service. Had the mussels, probably best I ever ate, spicy with sausage, great combination of land and sea. Our party of 4 had the halibut and scallops, all were very satisifed. My gauge of a good restaurant is how they do seafood, most chefs can do meat well, but seafood can be a challenge. My compliments to the chef!
- This restaurant was recommendedlisabirdDined on 3/23/2010This restaurant was recommended to us by several local people but we were a bit disappointed. The food was good but we are not sure if it worth a return visit. We sat in the back room and walked out smelling like a fryer. The 3 course dinner was a good value but the food was not exceptional. The cripy duck leg confit was not crispy. Most of the selections were very heavy. I had hanger steak that was good but my duck fat potatoes were only "okay". The donut dessert was heavy but delicious and the fig ice cream was truly wonderful. If I returned I'd ask to sit in the main dining room; hopefully the menu will lighten up for the summer. The cocktail made w/ St. Germain, brut and lemon juice was very refreshing; stop in & sit @ the bar!
- Interesting menu, with vegetarianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010Interesting menu, with vegetarian option. All the food was well prepared. Service was attentive timely. It was table of 6 and we wanted to take all evening and it did. Everybody left happy. Could have been nosier if there had been a full house.Special Features:
- Excellent small restaurantGallagherDined on 3/19/2010Excellent small restaurant in a uptrending area of Cleveland. Someone here obviously cares about the food. Cuisine is new style American, well arranged plates with simple preparations of exquisitely selected ingredients. Wish this place was in my home town, I'd be a regular!Special Features:
- Food was great, as was ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/14/2010Food was great, as was ambiance. It was a Sunday night, so it wasn't loud like many reviews had stated before. Service was friendly, but food was slow to come out.Special Features:
- very nice meal for the fourOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/13/2010very nice meal for the four of us at flying fig...we had a couple of bottles of a reasonable french wine which we knew we liked so that was a plus...great salads, loved the caesar with egg and then the squash main course was excellent and pretty filling...my friend really liked his scallops..we were too full for dessert..weren't rushed..informative and attentive server..nice evening.Special Features:
- Lots of very interesting smallWineguyVIPDined on 3/13/2010Lots of very interesting small plates and fairly unique entree courses. The place has a cool vibe to it and its in a great location, across from Great Lakes and next door to The Market Street Wine Bar. My only complaint is even for restaurants of this type, the portions are small. The small plates are literally only about 3-4 mouthfulls so keep that in mind. The entrees were only about 75% the food that one would typically expect from this type of restaurant. As such, the prices were a bit high. Also, I was very unimpressed with the wine list. I would recommend going early and hitting the Market Street Wine Bar next door, which has 50+ wines by the glass and a fantastic by the bottle selection, do appetizers and wine there first.Special Features:
- It was a rare night out forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2010It was a rare night out for us. We enjoyed a good meal.Special Features:
- One of the best meals we haveLouisaDined on 3/2/2010One of the best meals we have had in Cleveland or elsewhere!!!Special Features:
- Great dining experience. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/20/2010Great dining experience. Service was outstanding, food very, very good and atmosphere was geared toward a quiet evening for two.Special Features:
- We celebrated my dad's birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/20/2010We celebrated my dad's birthday here and this restaurant was able to please him as he turned 89 as well as meeting the expectations of our 28 year old daughter who lives out of town. My dad ate every morsel of food and returned to his retirement apartment raving about the lovely evening he had. The place was very crowded and the service was a bit slow, yet our server was very patient and attentive to my dad.Special Features:
- Excellent attention to myGabbyDined on 2/19/2010Excellent attention to my special dietary requirement of gluten-free.Special Features:
- I love the Flying Fig. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2010I love the Flying Fig. This was the first time I had brunch there. The menu is imaginative yet also offers some brunch staples that should be able to please any palate. Atmosphere is hip yet relaxed. Service is professional yet comfortable. This is one of my Cleveland favorites. It's great for everyday dining but also special occasions. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2010Great restaurant, friendly and efficient service. We went there for Valentine's Day brunch. There was an interesting selection of menu items. I had the Beet Salad and my husband hand the Eggs with Chorizo and Potatoes. Both items were excellent. There was a very "energetic" table of eight in the corner having a great time. If you want a quite place, this probably won't be the restaurant for you. Only slight negative was that when we arrived the restaurant was not even half full and the hostess tried to seat us clear in the back corner next to the service window for the kitchen. We asked to me moved to the other dining room and they graciously did so. We would definitely recommend the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Wonderful food everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Wonderful food everything was excellent! Great place great Chef!!Special Features:
- Interesting food pairings,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2010Interesting food pairings, romantic setting and friendly service combine with a hip neighborhood scene to make for wonderful evening out. The server we had was friendly, but she was a little inexperienced;so, I could not rate her higher than good. The food was interesting and the appetizers were exceptional. The main entrees were well thought out, but the the actual cooking was not as well executed. However, the pricing was excellent for the food, and we definitely will go back again for dinner.Special Features:
- Incredible food, friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010Incredible food, friendly staff, nice ambiance, outstanding service. I would certainly recommend to friends! A bit disappointed with the portion size of the sides that came with dinner (5 fingerling potatoes and a spoonful of kale with the $30 lamb special), especially since they were so good.
- It is a hidden gem in Cleveland!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010It is a hidden gem in Cleveland! The Menu is excellent and done with care.Special Features:
- Our brunch experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/7/2010Our brunch experience was very nice. The food was delicious, although portions a bit small for the price. The use of local produce was wonderful! Service was a bit slow, waitress seemed distracted or new to the job. Overall, the meal over shadowed the service, therefore, I will return!Special Features:
- Great food with a great ambiance.bravery13Dined on 2/6/2010Great food with a great ambiance. The food are in smaller proportions for the most part, so expect to order a "small plate" (as they call it) or an appetizer. Prices are in the high end, but one shouldn't expect great food to be incredibly cheap. My wife and I shared two appetizers: tempura green beans and a cheese and toasted bread dish. Both were very good. For dinner, I had the bolognese pasta and my wife the lamb shank with spinach (on special). Both were excellent. Beer prices are decent with a good variety, along with a full bar available.Special Features:
- tables a bit too close together.boneVIPDined on 2/6/2010tables a bit too close together. difficult to concentrate on conversation at my table as a result
- really loved everything,haveJoeyVIPDined on 2/6/2010really loved everything,have never been disappointed, very relaxed atmosphere which makes it comfortable, servers are always informed and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- great service & laid backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/5/2010great service & laid back atmosphere is perfect for a casual night out with a small group. food as usual was superb! only complaint would be the table we had in the corner where there is a closet or storage room that restaurant staff was in and out of rather frequently. will request a different table next time, but will definitely be back, as the food is fabulous! convenient parking, easy to get to, one of downtown's best.Special Features:
- The food was exquisite! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/30/2010The food was exquisite! The service was impeccable!Special Features:
- This place has been on myLisaVIPDined on 1/30/2010This place has been on my should-visit list for a while and I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner. Beautiful space, absolutely terrific food and very good service -- we had a really great meal. The only disappointment was the wine list. There's not much available by the glass, so if you go, plan on getting a bottle.Special Features:
- You may be waiting for a reservatioFavesOfBuzzVIPDined on 1/30/2010You may be waiting for a reservation at Cleveland's main gem, Lola, but don't be fooled - Flying Fig is just as noteworthy with food, service and ambiance - able to rival any Cleveland establishment - or NYC, or SF for that matter. The small plates and appetizers are perfectly flavored and portioned, providing an energetic wake up call to the pallate before jumping into the creative main course options. For the non-adventurous, try the bolognese - perfectly homemade pasta with tender meat and spicy sausage. Try this place for a romantic night out, or a fun half-fancy, half-relaxed "jeans and blazer" kind of place.Special Features:
- Good food, but service brokeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/23/2010Good food, but service broke down halfway through the meal with waits exceeding 20 minutes between each successive course. Asked for the manager who never came. Disappointing.Special Features:
- Overall great meal, EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/23/2010Overall great meal, EXCELLENT service. We loved everything, but the beet salad was exceptional. We will return soon!Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/22/2010We enjoyed the food, but the service was very slow. Don't miss the tempura green beans or the duck entree. We enjoy a slow-paced dinner, but the amount of time between courses was excessive on this visit to the Fig.Special Features:
- My wife and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/21/2010My wife and I really enjoyed the flying fig. Everything was perfect.
- Wonderful service and excellantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2010Wonderful service and excellant food. Once of Clevelands BEST! Brunch is spectacular!!!Special Features:
- The food and ambience wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2010The food and ambience were fantastic. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone. Our favorite part though was probably the pre-dinner cocktails--delicious!Special Features: