151 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60604Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.the-florentine.net/
- Phone: (312) 660-8866
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Monday-Saturday): 6:30am - 10:30am
Breakfast (Sunday): 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch (Monday-Friday) and Brunch (Saturday & Sunday):
11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge (Monday-Saturday): Open until 11:00pm
Lounge (Sunday): Open until 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Macchia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Florentine
La Cucina Locale ItaliaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Florentine - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
The Florentine reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (37)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (14)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Convenient and LOUDreneeVIPDined on 11/12/2014The good news is the location and food are solid. The bad news is that for a business lunch it is WAY TOO LOUD
- cubfanVIPDined on 11/11/2014I don't know why this place has to have the music so loud. It totally ruins the experience.
- great for business lunchawchiDined on 11/10/2014Good location for biz. lunch. Prompt service. Try to sit in a booth on the side of the room, however, or it can be somewhat loud. Nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud for a business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/5/2014Acoustics are terrible. Incredibly loud. It was difficult to hear the person sitting across from me. The butternut squash soup was very nice. Not mind blowingly good, but still quite good. Pastas seemed to be uniformly oversauced, especially for such a high-end restaurant. Apple-quince tart for dessert was excellent and was the best part of the meal. Service was slow, but I think they understaffed for the lunch and failed to account for the conference that was in the hotel. Waitress was actually very professional and sharp!
- Great LunchTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 11/5/2014As always, The Florentine is right on target with excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Unbelievably loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/5/2014I was astonished by how incredibly loud this restaurant was--at 11:30 on a weekday for lunch. I asked for the music to be turned down because the volume of noise from just other tables was too much and the server told me that they always ask for the music to be turned down by the manager always says no. I asked him to inquire again--he did and the answer was no. Beautiful restaurant but super noisy. The food was fine, but the service was also not stellar--this was a business lunch and we felt very rushed. Our guest (the client!) was still eating his soup when the waiter came and put his entrée down right next to him. I will not be returning and have advised our assistant that we should not book business meals at this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Very good food but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/21/2014The food here was very good, as was the service. The big complaint that I have is that it was so loud. We actually had a table in the back corner and it was still very loud and it was hard to hear the people right next to you.Special Features:
- The FlorentineTravahaulVIPDined on 10/21/2014From the reviews did not expect "elegant" dining, but expected more than brewpub. But got dance club. Music blaring, noise. Butternut squash soup: no flavor. None. Pork shank: no flavor. None. Wife's rabbit pasta had flavor. If you like olives you'd enjoy it. Plus side: the service. Table attendants all great, and the ladies at the front desk were superb. Perfect advice on how to get to our show - including magic words to use at the curb. All in all, however, can't recommend this restaurant.
- delicious brunchbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 10/19/2014Wonderful breakfast potatoes. Amazing service and cozy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SullyDined on 10/18/2014We had the two best items on the menu in the pork shank, and sea bass.Special Features:
- Limited menuHapPdinersDined on 10/17/2014This is a restaurant with great potential, however the loud rock/pop music seemed misplaced in an Italian restaurant with such soft ambiance. The menu was very limited and the food was ok, but not amazing. The service is incredible and lends to the overall experience.Special Features:
- Good Food, A Bit NoisyEdhollisVIPDined on 10/13/2014Careful if you bring a client here. It is a lovely place to dine, but the noise level is a bit high. The food and service and ambiance made up for it, but be warned that there is nothing to absorb sound in the dining area except for some upholstered benches. The floors are wood, the walls are solid, and the columns look like they have a glass covering. At least the ceiling is high, but still..... My waiter was Scott and he was very professional and friendly. I will be back, but maybe instead of sitting across the table from my client on my next visit, I may sit beside them at a four top.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerCharles123VIPDined on 10/10/2014We really enjoyed an after-work dinner at Florentine on Friday. I've only been to Florentine for lunch and have to say that dinner is equally as good or better! My favorite item was the venison entree. I rarely find perfectly cooked and seasoned venison, but Florentine has mastered it. Delicious combination of flavors. The mussels were also great. Service was exceptional! The servers, manager and runners/bussers were really nice and very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid NoonJT78VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food was pretty good but when you have a 12pm reservation, expect not to be served for at least 30 minutes...and I mean drinks.
- very noisy; food not goodyummytummyDined on 9/25/2014I was part of a group of 6. When we were seated a little before 1:00pm, the place was packed and I could barely hear the person next to me. As the lunch crowd dissipated, the noise level was much better. If I ever go back there, I would be sure to not go during the lunch rush. But I'll probably not go back since I had one of the worst pizzas I've ever had. The tomato sauce was watery, the crust soggy and there was almost no cheese or mushrooms on it. One of my companions told me that her turkey burger was awful.
- Excellent service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014A group of us has dinner here, and we were very impressed with the very friendly service and attentiveness. The food was equally good, and made our experiencea great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch ReviewTEXIIDined on 9/19/2014Food was good, but prices were high vs. quality level and comparable restaurants in Chicago Loop. Service was incredible, our server was wonderful. I do not have my receipt but she was 25 - 30 and blonde and quite helpful without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Sommelier HustleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/10/2014I didn't like that my guest was hustled into ordering an expensive bottle of wine. My guest was very clear we wanted a basic bottle of red, and the bill showed the bottle @ $165.
- Too LoudBusyBeeVIPDined on 9/10/2014I really like the food at this place and enjoy going for lunch. I would coordinate more business lunches here if restaurant wasn't so noisy! it's almost impossible to have a conversation without screaming to one another and forget having a meeting lunch with more than 3 or 4 people. It is very hard to listen. Maybe something could be done to improve acoustics.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Loud.cubfanVIPDined on 8/22/2014I really like this restaurant, but the music is way too loud for a lunch crowd. Also, the service was a little slow which is unusual for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place for an after work drinkRazzledazzle60302VIPDined on 8/20/2014Needed to meet with my Divorce attorney to decompress the events. The restaurant is on the second level away from the noise and worlds away from downtown Chicago. We had drinks and shared a plate of snacks. The service was good My lawyer had one drink and clearly needed another but did not order it. The waiter came over and said they had made extra and he was putting it down in front of her so it would not go to waste She was free to drink or not drink it. A good touch and showed he knew what she needed and was willing to go the extra mile. It sure helped to get the conversation flowing. Unusual for someone to go the extra mile. I will be back.Special Features:
- High noise low engagementLutetiaVIPDined on 8/19/2014For a place full of suits, there was very little businesslike about this place which I loved the first time I ate here. Maybe everybody could hear their conversations better than I heard mine, but they sure didn't stick around long enough to engage in meaningful talk.Special Features:
- Tomato degustation menuMargy4Dined on 8/18/2014The tomato degustation menu was delicious. The cap reuse salad was like no other. No basil. The sauce or pesto was made with sweet green zebra tomatoes and topped with crabmeat. The dessert was particularly inventive. Service and ambiance were wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Normally great, not this time.InsightFoodDined on 8/18/2014Had the soft shell crab panini and it was not good at all. The inside was cold and the fried batter dominated the entire sandwich. The fries were cold and wait service did not come around to refill waters or drinks until picking up the plates. Usually, they do a fantastic job at the Florentine, but really dropped the ball this time. Probably will just eat at IPO moving forward across the street.Special Features:
- OK for a hotel resturantfoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Server was not well trained. He seemed a bit unsure of himself but he tried very hard to give outstanding service - he was just a bit inexperienced. The food was good but not memorable. Atmosphere was perfect for a serious business dinner.
- UlaOVIPDined on 8/12/2014I dine here frequently for breakfast & lunch and have never had an issue. Four of us came in for lunch & two ordered the Chicken Milanese; both had to send it back. It smelled & tasted funny, like it was old. By the time the kitchen made them a new meal, burgers, the other two of us had been sitting there with empty plates for awhile. It would have been nice if management had come by to hear about the problem, however it didn't seem like it was a big deal that they served bad food to us. I would have been mortified if I was the restaurant manager & this happened to two people at the same table. We did receive an apology from the server, but it's not like it was her fault. I'm not sure I'll be returning because of this poor service.
- Lunch at FlorentineTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had 6 in our party which included 4 clients. The Florentine was able to accomidate my seating request, service in respect to actually having the food served to our table (appetizers and entrees) was a bit slower than usual. That being said, staff was very attentive and accomodating. Food was very good as always. This restaruant in one of my preferred luncheon spots in the Loop.Special Features:
- Convenient business lunch optionGonzoVIPDined on 8/7/2014The service was very good, and so was the good. The food choices were a little slim, but the food was good for everyone so I was happy and I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu itemsJandBVIPDined on 8/6/2014If you like to try foods prepared a little differently, try the Florentine. Lunch time can be busy, so arrive earlier or later. Great service from the entire staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for business lunchChicagoDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014I like the hotel and restaurant inside gives you that high end atmosphere. The menu is really extensive something for everyone and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Florentine FantasticTJM1957VIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a great waiter who was attentive and efficient. My friend and I had pastas and they were quite good. Dessert was the best - frozen chocolate mousse with cherry sauce and hazelnuts.Special Features:
- The following 364 reviews are from the The Florentine reviews archive.
- food quality has gone done a lotBusinessLuncherDined on 7/10/2014Service was good... noise level was high ...food was not as good or well prepared as in the past
- Recent VisitStacyDined on 7/9/2014I choose this as it was close to a customer's office for a business lunch. Attentive wait staff, great menu and speedy. We started with the corn soup which was delicious and the addition of a mussel awesome. We each ordered the Italian Cobb. My customer ordered it with no Gorgonzola and the dressing and bacon on the side. My salad and one other was served with no dressing and Gorgonzola. I didn't realize it as I was talking until mid way through the meal. The salad didn't have a lot of flavor. I would give them another try, I would just pay attention when it was first served. Hoping spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014I had not been here in almost a year, and found the atmosphere and menu remained great for a business lunch. Good variety, quick (but not rushed) service. Attentive to beverage refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay For LunchBusinessDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014First time to the restaurant for a business lunch. Waited 15 minutes beyond reservation time for a table. Noise level was high, so keep that in mind if you want to hear the people you are dining with. The service was excellent and the food was good but not remarkable. I would not return for a business lunch due to the wait and noise level, but may for lunch with friends.
- Business Lunch in the LoopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014The Florentine is a great, upscale place to take a client for lunch in the loop. Definitely one of the top 5 in the loop for that type of situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuCuckVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great spot for a special Lunch. Very good food and a diverse menue. atmosphere is great for a business lunch as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Experienceamigo1023Dined on 6/2/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our two-hour lunch on Monday June 2. Beginning with the service, we enjoyed conversing with our servers (a server in training took care of us for our entire lunch) and asking for recommendations on the lunch menu. She sold us on the white asparagus pizza, which was excellent and something that I will probably order again. She took care of our table by always refilling our water glasses, keeping dirty plates out of our way, and making sure we had everything we needed. The food was outstanding, and I especially loved the Kale Salad. Looking forward to dining in again, and for brunch and dinner too!Special Features:
- Like This RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2014Had lunch at The Florentine and the service was great. Very friendly and attentive people, and the atmosphere and decor are elegant and comfortable. Our salads were delicious, too - would recommend it for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful client lunch placePatHDined on 5/7/2014Food was great and the service was non intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.