151 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60604Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.the-florentine.net/
- Phone: 3126608866
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Monday-Saturday): 6:30am - 10:30am
Breakfast (Sunday): 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch (Monday-Friday) and Brunch (Saturday & Sunday):
11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Lounge (Monday-Saturday): Open until 11:00pm
Lounge (Sunday): Open until 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chris Macchia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Florentine offers private and semi private dining space. Our versatile rooms are perfect for business meetings, cocktail receptions, showers and other social gatherings. Both private rooms are equipped with A/V for your convenience!
- Private Party Contact: Gina Pappas 3126608262
A word from The Florentine
La Cucina Locale ItaliaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Florentine - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Loop ›
The Florentine reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (52)special occasion (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)neighborhood gem (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Little Loud.cubfanVIPDined on 8/22/2014I really like this restaurant, but the music is way too loud for a lunch crowd. Also, the service was a little slow which is unusual for this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place for an after work drinkRazzledazzle60302Dined on 8/20/2014Needed to meet with my Divorce attorney to decompress the events. The restaurant is on the second level away from the noise and worlds away from downtown Chicago. We had drinks and shared a plate of snacks. The service was good My lawyer had one drink and clearly needed another but did not order it. The waiter came over and said they had made extra and he was putting it down in front of her so it would not go to waste She was free to drink or not drink it. A good touch and showed he knew what she needed and was willing to go the extra mile. It sure helped to get the conversation flowing. Unusual for someone to go the extra mile. I will be back.Special Features:
- High noise low engagementLutetiaVIPDined on 8/19/2014For a place full of suits, there was very little businesslike about this place which I loved the first time I ate here. Maybe everybody could hear their conversations better than I heard mine, but they sure didn't stick around long enough to engage in meaningful talk.Special Features:
- Tomato degustation menuMargy4Dined on 8/18/2014The tomato degustation menu was delicious. The cap reuse salad was like no other. No basil. The sauce or pesto was made with sweet green zebra tomatoes and topped with crabmeat. The dessert was particularly inventive. Service and ambiance were wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Normally great, not this time.InsightFoodDined on 8/18/2014Had the soft shell crab panini and it was not good at all. The inside was cold and the fried batter dominated the entire sandwich. The fries were cold and wait service did not come around to refill waters or drinks until picking up the plates. Usually, they do a fantastic job at the Florentine, but really dropped the ball this time. Probably will just eat at IPO moving forward across the street.Special Features:
- OK for a hotel resturantfoodieVIPDined on 8/13/2014Server was not well trained. He seemed a bit unsure of himself but he tried very hard to give outstanding service - he was just a bit inexperienced. The food was good but not memorable. Atmosphere was perfect for a serious business dinner.
- UlaOVIPDined on 8/12/2014I dine here frequently for breakfast & lunch and have never had an issue. Four of us came in for lunch & two ordered the Chicken Milanese; both had to send it back. It smelled & tasted funny, like it was old. By the time the kitchen made them a new meal, burgers, the other two of us had been sitting there with empty plates for awhile. It would have been nice if management had come by to hear about the problem, however it didn't seem like it was a big deal that they served bad food to us. I would have been mortified if I was the restaurant manager & this happened to two people at the same table. We did receive an apology from the server, but it's not like it was her fault. I'm not sure I'll be returning because of this poor service.
- Lunch at FlorentineTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 8/12/2014We had 6 in our party which included 4 clients. The Florentine was able to accomidate my seating request, service in respect to actually having the food served to our table (appetizers and entrees) was a bit slower than usual. That being said, staff was very attentive and accomodating. Food was very good as always. This restaruant in one of my preferred luncheon spots in the Loop.Special Features:
- Convenient business lunch optionGonzoVIPDined on 8/7/2014The service was very good, and so was the good. The food choices were a little slim, but the food was good for everyone so I was happy and I will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu itemsJandBVIPDined on 8/6/2014If you like to try foods prepared a little differently, try the Florentine. Lunch time can be busy, so arrive earlier or later. Great service from the entire staff.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location for business lunchChicagoDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014I like the hotel and restaurant inside gives you that high end atmosphere. The menu is really extensive something for everyone and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- Florentine FantasticTJM1957VIPDined on 7/30/2014We had a great waiter who was attentive and efficient. My friend and I had pastas and they were quite good. Dessert was the best - frozen chocolate mousse with cherry sauce and hazelnuts.Special Features:
- food quality has gone done a lotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014Service was good... noise level was high ...food was not as good or well prepared as in the past
- Recent VisitStacyDined on 7/9/2014I choose this as it was close to a customer's office for a business lunch. Attentive wait staff, great menu and speedy. We started with the corn soup which was delicious and the addition of a mussel awesome. We each ordered the Italian Cobb. My customer ordered it with no Gorgonzola and the dressing and bacon on the side. My salad and one other was served with no dressing and Gorgonzola. I didn't realize it as I was talking until mid way through the meal. The salad didn't have a lot of flavor. I would give them another try, I would just pay attention when it was first served. Hoping spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2014I had not been here in almost a year, and found the atmosphere and menu remained great for a business lunch. Good variety, quick (but not rushed) service. Attentive to beverage refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay For LunchBusinessDinerVIPDined on 7/1/2014First time to the restaurant for a business lunch. Waited 15 minutes beyond reservation time for a table. Noise level was high, so keep that in mind if you want to hear the people you are dining with. The service was excellent and the food was good but not remarkable. I would not return for a business lunch due to the wait and noise level, but may for lunch with friends.
- Business Lunch in the LoopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/1/2014The Florentine is a great, upscale place to take a client for lunch in the loop. Definitely one of the top 5 in the loop for that type of situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuCuckVIPDined on 6/6/2014Great spot for a special Lunch. Very good food and a diverse menue. atmosphere is great for a business lunch as well.Special Features:
- Excellent Experienceamigo1023Dined on 6/2/2014My friend and I really enjoyed our two-hour lunch on Monday June 2. Beginning with the service, we enjoyed conversing with our servers (a server in training took care of us for our entire lunch) and asking for recommendations on the lunch menu. She sold us on the white asparagus pizza, which was excellent and something that I will probably order again. She took care of our table by always refilling our water glasses, keeping dirty plates out of our way, and making sure we had everything we needed. The food was outstanding, and I especially loved the Kale Salad. Looking forward to dining in again, and for brunch and dinner too!Special Features:
- Like This RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2014Had lunch at The Florentine and the service was great. Very friendly and attentive people, and the atmosphere and decor are elegant and comfortable. Our salads were delicious, too - would recommend it for business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful client lunch placePatHDined on 5/7/2014Food was great and the service was non intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great location, pricey.OsoMorenoDined on 5/6/2014Great spot to bring clients and to have an expense account. Pasta was perfectly al dente. The rabbit ragu was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 354 reviews are from the The Florentine reviews archive.
- Good food, good service, too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2014I went for a business lunch. The food and service were wonderful. Unfortunately, the noise level was so high that it was difficult to hear my business associates sitting right next to me. I will definitely not go back, unless I'm dining alone.
- Very GoodTMafddgdsfdgfvgvVIPDined on 4/23/2014This was the first time that I have had the opportunity to dine in the evening at The Florentine. I have had lunch at the restaruant six or seven times in the past. The evening dining experience was just as enjoyable as the luncheon experiences. A different tone, a bit more mellow, in the evening. Food and service were both great. Couldn't have picked a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch at the Florentine.icesmomDined on 4/20/2014I was drawn to this restaurant by good reviews, the promise of raw oysters, and its availability on Easter Sunday. I needn't have worried, as the restaurant was less than half full when we arrived during prime brunch hours. The oysters were of fair quality and the crab claws and deviled eggs on the raw bar were all good. The seafood soup, eggs florentine, and bloody marys were too salty. The eggs florentine was covered in a sauce other than hollandaise that clashed with the dish, and the bloody marys were weak and not refilled frequently enough to permit us to experience the 'bottomless' drinks promised by the restaurant.
- Good place to take clientsNABluvtoeatVIPDined on 4/10/2014The food is good. Nothing really stands out for me though. It's pricey for what you get and they really need to add more selections. It's gets a bit boring.Special Features:
- Lunch w/customersOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/10/2014I took a couple people here for a business lunch. We all loved the food, service. Excellent. Loved the variety. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Very Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/10/2014The server didn't take the order properly and brought the wrong food, then served the guests with everyone's entree, leaving us to figure out who ordered what.
- A disappointmentDiscerningdinerVIPDined on 4/3/2014I've eaten breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Florentine on several occasions. It has always been my go-to business restaurant in the Loop. Maybe not so much anymore. Although we arrived at 11:30 AM, our service was really poor. We had to call our waiter over to ask for EVERYTHING. Was it because there weren't any men at out table, so they just assumed this wasn't a business lunch? Maybe so! My potato leek soup was a watery mess. Spinach salad was adequate, but certainly not notable. I'll hesitate a long time before returning.
- Chef Chris is quite talentedGreatPlaceBadNewMenuVIPDined on 4/1/2014Chef Chris is quite talented and makes everything go off flawlessly. Each meal is a presentation, service is hospitable and experience is always flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and ambianceChicagoAnnVIPDined on 3/3/2014I have dined at The Florentine several times and must say that though the menu is interesting and we have had some great meals, the service is consistently lacking, nearly every visit I have experienced at least one, and sometimes more service issues. If it were not for the food we would not return. Management needs to address this; this restaurant could be much more successful by addressing the service issues.Special Features:
- The food was great. The onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/25/2014The food was great. The only challenge was trying to have a conversation and be heard. The noise level was a bit much, more than the last time I was there. It could be the location that we were seated in.I would recommend this to a friend.
- V Day 2014FPanDined on 2/14/2014It was a great first time experience for us two. My girlfriend received a rose upon entering, perfect because I didn't plan on rose... After that, she accidentally slipped and fell... one of the managers actually came later and ask if she is OK. I accidentally dropped a fork, and one server came with a new one in less than 5 seconds. We received a free breakfast set, two little cakes, both were delicious. We ordered everything from the Valentine's day menu. It's an Italian restaurant, but not as oily/heavy/cheesy as many other ones. Everything was light but flavorful. The lamb rib chops were crispy on the outside, juicy within. The bass was not fishy, and yet fresh. The dessert was not too sweet. Great date! Recommend to any couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting with comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Nice setting with comfortable seating and inviting looking bar. Noise level was high and hindered conversation.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatFoodFanVIPDined on 2/7/2014I work downtown and have made the Florentine the spot I take friends for their birthday lunches. It's very pretty and the food is always good. It gets very busy at lunch and the service is generally very reliable despite the crush of diners. It gets a little noisy so I've learned which tables to request so my guests and I can talk. Given this history, my last visit there was disappointing. Our server seemed to be trying hard, but my guest's salad and entree arrived together and I asked several times for more coffee without receiving it. I finally flagged another server down to ask for a refill and she grudgingly provided it. Everyplace has off days, and I guess this was theirs. I'll certainly be back for the next birthday.Special Features:
- Food is always good and servicemorganDined on 1/23/2014Food is always good and service prompt and professional.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good.I got aTeateaVIPDined on 1/22/2014The food was good.I got a cobb salad and it was loaded. However, the service was terrible. It took them a long time to take our order or even bring bread and it also took a long time to bring the food and the check.. I had to ask for Iced tea 3 times and didn't get it. The lunch took longer than expected and we were there for about 2 hours. Which was not considerate for our clients who needed to get back to work.
- As usual, service is veryAndyDined on 1/17/2014As usual, service is very inattentive, even when the restaurant is empty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generally good; this time terribleJohnVIPDined on 1/17/2014The menu has gotten stagnant. Also, when there is only one person at the front there can be a long wait as they escort each diner to their table individually; a nice touch but can't be pulled off without inconvenience when there are customers waiting to be seated. Coffee needs to be improved in general, and the espresso drinks are clearly coming from an automated machine and are not prepared fresh. Finally, the service is either really great or really not. On this last visit, the waiter came only to deliver our food and never returned (except to fix a mistake he had made in the order).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florentine JW Marriott ChicagoMarkietimDined on 1/15/2014It was just OK. Food was good. Nothing extraordinary. Service was pleasant. Josiah was my server. He was very friendly and attentive. Honestly, I was expecting more. $$$