The Flight Deck Bar & Grill
1207 West Gurler
Rochelle, IL 94510Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Flight Deck Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.flightdeckbar.com/
- Phone: 8155613664x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 11:00am during the summer
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Sunday until 11:00pm, Monday - Wednesday until 1:00am, Friday - Saturday until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Darian Shelton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering offerings and pricing are available upon request
- Entertainment: Live music weekly
- Special Events: We can host private events up to 500 people. With our team of professional event planners, our team of culinary experts, and our customer service experts, there's nothing we can't handle.
A word from The Flight Deck Bar & Grill
The Flight Deck Bar & Grill at CSC is a unique dining venue offering guests a diverse menu with amazing service while enjoying the skydiving and aviation activities of Chicagoland Skydiving Center. With our open air design and the Flight Deck Beer Garden, you can be in the action without actually jumping out of a perfectly good airplane!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Flight Deck Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Rochelle ›
The Flight Deck Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (11)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (3)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- SteveDined on 8/24/2014I was a little skeptical about going there due to some negative reviews regarding bad service, lost reservations, etc. However, I had a great experience. My online reservation worked perfectly, the food was good and the scenery out the big windows was awesome. My only complaint was that the chips were stale. I will definitely go back next time I am in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flight Deck.. a must visitFood4menuDined on 8/22/2014This place is a must visit. Food is great. Atmosphere is unique and fun. The service is pretty decent. Fun for all ages and all walks of life. I figured it was going to be atmosphere of adrenaline junkies... much to my surprise on the contrary. Found a lot of older folks who could appreciate a nice atmosphere with good food. Check it out!Special Features:
- Unique & lively with great views!NegrilDined on 8/15/2014I am a pilot- and flew in from Chicago (just a quick 1/2 hour flight!) to enjoy a sunset dinner with my husband in a unique setting. The food was great and tasty, service was prompt and friendly, and the crowd was lively and fun. Live music was playing out on the patio, with sky-divers flying overhead, ultralights buzzing by- a fun yet relaxing atmosphere to enjoy a dinner sunset, then fly back out to Chicago. We had the Signature Wings, a Cooper Burger, and the Hop-n-Pop Garlic Chicken. All excellent and flavorful choices.Special Features:
- Slow & RudeNeverAgainDined on 7/20/2014We arrived at the Flight Deck and the rude hostess had no record of our reservation even though I had an email confirmation. We were seated about 25 minutes late. Our waitress was very nice, the only one there that was. When we asked the hostess going by for a kids menu her rude first response was, we don't have one and when telling her we saw one on the website she said, we don't have it printed just tell your waitress what you want. So rude! We waited over an hour for food that was average at best. We were overcharged on our bill and no manager in sight to fix it. All in all it was great to see skydivers but not worth the 3 hours lunch took nor the rudeness of the hostess!Special Features:
- Rochelle RestaurantKMazeDined on 7/17/2014This was a mid-way destination choice to meet friends at dinner and Rochelle has limited venues to do this. On recommendation of the waiter, my husband and I both had the Reuben sandwich, one with Parmesan chips and the other with onion rings. We both felt the sandwich was salty and of average quality. Neither the onion rings nor the chips were exceptional. It was entertaining to watch the skydivers, but the booths are placed so that our backs were to this. Music was loud, but the waiter managed to get it turned down. Then the place filled up & got noisy again. We might return, just because of the location, but it won't be for the food. I would try something different. The menu is quite varied.Special Features:
- Fun watching landingstlfiremanDined on 5/31/2014Fun to watch skydivers landing. Unique experience Good vibe and friendly wait staff. Food was ok at best. Pretty presentation but with not a lot of tasteSpecial Features:
- Service? What service?JoolzuDined on 5/24/2014The food is awesome, but the service....OMG! If you are going for lunch or dinner at least on the weekend, be prepared to spend at least 2 hours there. I was with a party of 8 and we were there almost 3 hours.Special Features:
- so funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014I love this place The servers are great the food is delicious and price friendly. I have never had a negative experience there and I have been many many times.Special Features:
- The following 18 reviews are from the The Flight Deck Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Unique dining experienceFlyguy72Dined on 5/4/2014Good food, attentive staff, unique ambiance! Enjoy the aviation memorabilia and skydiving photos while mulling over the variety of food choices. Located at the Rochelle-Kuritz airport, we flew in for brunch and had a great time! Give it a try...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014We have been there with small groups, as a couple and with a group of 38 people. Every experience there has been wonderful and everyone we have brought there thought it was a great place. The food has always been delicious and well presented. The staff has always been friendly and efficient! We are always thrilled to be able to take friends to such a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyDixieDined on 11/1/2013Was at Flight Deck for a private party back in December 2012 and everything was fabulous. The manager at that time did a wonderful job. Friday night's dinner was good but it was way too noisy. The guy singing was okay but not great. He was way too loud for such a small area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wasn't all that fond ofSandyDined on 10/26/2013I wasn't all that fond of the entreee which I chose but that was probably my fault. I just didn't like bbq chicken on a flat bread pizza. However, they walked around with chocolate covered strawberries after dinner and they were ti die for!! My mouth is watering as I write about them.
- First Impression ... Bittersweet!ShelinILDined on 8/16/2013This reservation got off to a very slow start with poor service, the switch of servers and too much information provided by the staff including the fact that there was only one bartender. If you don't mind waiting for your first round of beverages for 30 minutes and your mediocre dinner for over an hour and half, then this is the place for you. The comp'd round of drinks weren't what this party was looking for. The Open Table email reminder and missed calls and voicemail by The Flight Deck host, Tyler, on the 17th were frustrating given the successful reservation change days prior. The bright side was the backdrop and the music. Hesitant to refer, but maybe just maybe time and the buzz about new management will help.I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok1sttimersDined on 8/11/2013The service was slow. We had to wait for our reservations. The waitress forgot food and drinks. Our tickets were wring but we just figured that out between us. Loved sitting outside and watching the jumps and the kids have fun with volleyball.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i thought the food was good,jpspDined on 7/27/2013i thought the food was good, and priced ok. i like the idea of a restaurant at the airport, with a deck to view planes landing and taking off. however, we ate inside the restaurant the night we visited (too cold to eat outside) and it was extremely noisy. it was very loud, to the point you had to raise your voice to communicate. probably ok if your twenty somethings, but not so good if your 50 something. next time i might try durning the week, instead of staturday night, to see if it is a little calmerSpecial Features:
- Disappointed.reservations42Dined on 7/13/2013Even with our reservation, we were put at a table directly in the sun. When I explained to the manager how this would not be a suitable seat for us, he was VERY rude and exclaimed "Look around! I have nothing else!!". So my guest and I were very warm and my guest had the sun in his eyes through our whole dinner. The food was excellent though. The experience, not so much.
- Great Stop!FlyNDineDined on 7/4/2013Flew up for dinner on the fourth, service was quick and the food was good. An all around positive and energetic atmosphere. I will most definitely be in againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made reservations a weekdentaldivaDined on 5/13/2013I made reservations a week ahead, and they didn't have the table ready. And seemed surprised we were there. We were lucky they had one table left that would seat 7 people. It is a shame we had to wait for everything. It made us late getting back to work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attended Easter brunch, soOpenTablersince1995Dined on 3/31/2013Attended Easter brunch, so we did not eat from the regular menu. The cool weather and overcast sky meant no one was jumping, which was a draw to bring us to the restaurant. Without the skydivers, this was just an average bar with average food. We will probably not return, although our meal was adequate.
- the food was good, but ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013the food was good, but our appetizer order got lost and we had to sit waiting while other tables around us got their meals when we had arrived before them....Special Features:
- Love It!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013This is our favorite restaurant in the Rochelle area. We have friends that like it so much they come from Yorkville to dine at the Flight Deck. Very friendly and accommodating staff, the food is fabulous. I highly recommend The Flight Deck.Special Features:
- Really good food! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Really good food! Service was fast. Waitress was nice.Special Features:
- we love this place...haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013we love this place...have gone several times and never been disappointed...the food is amazing!Special Features:
- Our table was ready. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013Our table was ready. Great service. Delicious food. The open kitchen look. Looking forward to nice weather when we can sit outside and watch the skydivers land and being open for breakfast.Special Features:
- As usual, a great meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012As usual, a great meal and a waitress that really hustled to keep us happy!Special Features:
- Flying High over the Flight Deck!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012i've only eaten dinner one time so far, but i plan to bring a group of friends, and more family. really love the place! your menu size and variations looked perfect and i can't wait to try more! The waitress was friendly and checked on us often, but not too much! I have been recommending the Flight Deck to everyone I know! Thanks for coming to Rochelle!Special Features: