The Flatiron Cafe
1722 Saint Marys Ave
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Flatiron Cafe
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theflatironcafe.com/
- Phone: (402) 344-3040
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Rob Hill
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Flatiron Cafe
The Flatiron Cafe's staff has been happily serving the theater crowd, business travelers and those celebrating special occasions since 1995.Continued
Chef Rob Hill oversees the preparation of the evenings special dishes. We're always on the look out for exceptional wines to add to our list. Please come.
Chef Rob Hill oversees the preparation of the evenings special dishes. We're always on the look out for exceptional wines to add to our list. Please come.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Flatiron Cafe - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Old Market ›
The Flatiron Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (83)romantic (71)fit for foodies (50)notable wine list (40)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (22)scenic view (14)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fantastic!SharkwingerDined on 11/15/2014It had been a while since the last time we ate here and once again, we were treated to one of the best dining experiences in town. The service is always top notch. Lance is the man. He is really helpful and knowledgable. We never feel rushed and can enjoy each other's company and be able to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and impeccable service.CagguyVIPDined on 11/15/2014As always, the food was amazing. From appetizers to dessert ... From cocktails and wine to after dinner drinks and cappuccino.... Always a wonderful dining experience. Michael and his brother were both friendly and charming. As always, the service and "friendliness factor" of all the staff was impeccable. Will continue to recommend and bring friends to The Flatiron Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as when j coco was chefScottyDined on 11/14/2014The food was good not great, seabass was overcooked, barramundi was a bit fishy, but tuna starter was great. Menu and attention to detail was better with past chef
- Consitently ExcellentdvldgDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I have frequented this restaurant for a number of years especially for birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions. We have always found it to be superb with new food offerings every time we go to eat. My company had their Christmas party there last year and it was, once again, superb even with the larger numbers of patrons (we filled the whole restaurant). I would highly recommend this eatery for any occasion. Everyone is greeted as an old friend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/14/2014The Flatiron never fails in expectations. Service is so personal and attentive. We had two different specials--both seafood--and they were both so delicious and beautifully presented. Our waiter, Lance, was knowledgeable about wines and food pairings. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, exceptional service and food.FlatironDined on 11/13/2014I can't believe how long it took us to try it out but now that we have we will be back again. The atmosphere is quiet and classy, yet it is very inviting and comfortable. The staff is over the top friendly and genuinely helpful. We went with another couple before a show and had a very special evening with friends. It is priced appropriately as compared with the quality of the food and their wine list covers both ends of the spectrum well. Our waitress was one of the best we've had and made some great recommendations off the menu and the cocktail list. This is a very special place. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuietrealnurseDined on 11/7/2014We were looking for an intimate place to celebrate our anniversary and this was a great choice! Excellent food (French onion soup, kale salad, filet, sea bass) & service with an elegant yet comfortable vibe. We made a reservation for 6:45 on a Friday evening, but there were a few empty tables this nite. The service was attentive, but not rushed. The creme brulee was an excellent end to the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceFlatironRocksDined on 11/6/2014We chose the Flatiron for a work occasion and the service was the best I have had in years. The manager (Lance) did a great job hosting us and our supplier that was in town. We had a great dinner and it was due to the service that the Flatiron provided.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A DINER w/ SMALL GROUP ( 3 )5STARTHANX2UDined on 11/1/2014THE FIRST EXPERIENCE WAS TRULY A PLEASANT ONE & WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ALL !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014We went to the Flatiron for our anniversary. The food and service was excellent.Special Features:
- Really delicious!LynetteDined on 10/30/2014I ordered the filet with Crab, and the quality was excellent, and I savored every bite. Another highlight was a golden yukon mashed potato wrapped and fried like an eggroll! It was absolutely delicious. My meal tab with for just that entree, one glass of wine and a salad upgrade (no appetizer, no dessert) was $60+ before tip. Pretty pricey, yet great for an occasional special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flatiron OmahaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Perhaps one of Omaha's more elegant restaurants. Service staff is a bit overbearing at times and intrusive. Great service is practically invisible.
- hostTable4TimDined on 10/25/2014A beautiful meal and well presented and served. All the tables have beautiful views but our was especially nice. Help was in attendance without being obtrusive.Special Features:
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The Flatiron is a gem in Omaha and it never disappoints. The food was prepared perfectly, the service was outstanding and the restaurant character is marvelous. I have already referred the Flatiron to two different friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DouglasDined on 10/22/2014Our food was excellent as was the service. I will give the Flatiron a 6th star for service beyond expectation. It was pouring rain and our server insisted on fetching our car which was parked in the next block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at FlatIronzds0024Dined on 10/21/2014The food was very good and so was the service. The one issue I had is we selected a bottle of wine. They brought another bottle of wine to the table and said it was a very good wine in the same price range, so we tried it and it was a good wine. Problem is, in my opinion, it wasn't in the same price range. It was 35% more money than the bottle we selected. So a bit of a surprise when we got the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EveningMadgeDined on 10/18/2014This was a celebratory evening for us with friends from out of town and it could not have been a more perfect setting. The service and ambiance made us all feel special and the food was amazing. They have continued to mention to me how delicious their meals were and how much they enjoyed the atmosphere. Our server was very educated about the wine selection as well as the menu items. The tuna appetizer was amazing! We would definitely return and recommend Flatiron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Flatiron never fails to please.SteveDined on 10/17/2014We had a pre-opera dinner at the Flatiron. We have eaten there before and are never disappointed. My steak with crab meat topping was cooked just right, tender, and full of flavor. They have a very good wine selection with a wide price range. They always have a few standard menu items but the menu changes with the season. So, there are always new things to try. This is one of my favorite restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS AS ALWAYSMyReview2UDined on 10/16/2014The Flatiron is our special occasion restaurant. We consistently have great food and outstanding service. The waiter we had most recently has worked there for several years and is absolutely perfect. The atmosphere is exactly what you want for a special occasion. We would like to try other restaurants but can not imagine finding a better place than the Flatiron. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Omaha's BestMoriahDined on 10/14/2014We have been dining at the Flatiron for many years and they never cease to a amaze with the consistently great service and terrific food. The owner sources locally when she can, and the chef makes mouth watering dishes not found anywhere else. Love this place!Special Features:
- First visitFrank53Dined on 10/11/2014Had been wanting to try the Flairon for some time...and was finally able to our last visit to Omaha...excellent experience. Our server was a gem, made some spot on recommendations. Food was exceptional.Special Features:
- Average but not special.DisappointedVIPDined on 10/10/2014The quality of the food and the service did not rate the prices they charged. Food was average and the service was lacking - had to ask 2 different people for cutlery that should have been brought when the entrée was served.
- fantastic dining experiencefrannyroseDined on 9/27/2014We have dined at this restaurant many times over the years and it is always an enchanting experience. the menu is always interesting with different subtle twists on old favorites and unusual dishes. The staff has always been efficient and delightful. Their interest in your pleasure at their restaurant is lovely and sincere. A gentleman offering single beautiful long stemmed roses for sale is a regular visitor -but only once on any night--and we usually purchase one as a lovely memento of a lovely evening. We have many special memories of visits to the Flatiron Cafe and try to include it on trips to Omaha. You absolutely will not be disappointed in an evening spent lingering and dining there special event day or ordinary one.Special Features:
- Indulgent Omaha Must SeeNebraskaDJDined on 9/19/2014You might be seated by the owner and never know it. But if you start asking for recommendations from the friendly staff you will not only be served great recommendations but also find out more about this Omaha staple. Great character with the shape of the building and is close to the old market but with parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food, Great ServicejoekDined on 9/18/2014The food was very good and very fresh. We were a bit concerned about some of the flavors clashing but once they were on our table we found them to be perfectly matched. The chef here knows how to pair and match flavors which shows the food here is worth the price which is not inexpensive but not over the top expensive. The service was cordial, helpful and timely. The only negative we had about the restaurant was the loud and boisterous group of people sitting in the middle of the restaurant. It was hard to hear the waitress and I'm 38 without a hearing problem. Once they left the room was filled with the pleasant and moderate sound of people enjoying eachother's company. We'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LazarVIPDined on 9/18/2014We have ordered from the restaurant week menu. Food was blend and unattractive. Desert akin three star diner. Wine list short and not interesting. Server lost interest the moment we have ordered wine other that he had recommended. Overall service was both inattentive , unpleasant and annoying.
- Everything was excellent.LuvflatironDined on 9/16/2014Our favorite place in Omaha. Wait staff, bartender, ambiance, food, drinks/wine list are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional quality and tasteCrawford2231Dined on 9/13/2014My wife and I dined here for the first time for our anniversary dinner. We frequent places like the Grey Plume and Boiler Room so we wanted to give Flatiron a shot. The building itself is very unique and the entire restaurant has huge windows exposing the downtown area. Our waitress was very friendly and everything was brought out in a timely manner. Even with the great location and great service, the food outshines everything. Everything was cooked to perfection. The food here is delicate yet fulfilling. I had the 12 spice salmon with basil and edamame risotto. The risotto was one of my top 3 all time. It is considered expensive for most, but the prices are not crazy. In a nutshell, high end ingredients cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- MaryKayDined on 9/13/2014I have lived in West Omaha all my life and have never eaten at the Flat Iron downtown. My grandson was in town from Seattle for his birthday and wanted to go to someplace "special". We decided to venture to the down town area and found a gem! Our waiter was very good (and nice!) and the food was what my husband, an amateur chef, deemed extremely well presented. We will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!TryAnythingDined on 9/12/2014We went here for restaurant week, and were pleasantly surprised. Every dish was perfect, and the restaurant was lovely. Our waiter warmed up a bit throughout the meal, but could have been more personable. He didn't miss a beat, we just felt like he was going through the motions without much enthusiasm. Fair enough, I'm tired at work sometimes too. Everything else was truly spectacular and we would recommend a special event here to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night ever!JeanDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated a birthday on a Friday night and couldn't have been more pleased. We were greeted at the door and led to a beautiful table where the evening only got better. It was Restaurant Week, and the fixed price menu included a fish, beef, or vegetarian option for the first and second courses. The scallop appetizer was delicious, and the ribeye meal was perfectly executed. The service was outstanding and while the restaurant is expensive, we all felt that it was worth it. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening for a last minute gemVinceDined on 9/5/2014I made reservations at the last minute prior to attending the Eagles concert because of a question on our time. When we arrived we had an awesome waitress we had seen there prior, Natasha. She is awesome!!!! We had two great entrees and a fabulous bottle of wine on her suggestion. On top of it we were presented a dessert which was incredible. A great evening, great dinner, great service! Keep it up! We will see you again!Special Features:
- Top Fine Dining Spot in OmahaBillDined on 9/2/2014My wife and I have been dining at The Flat Iron for years and it continues to be our go to place for fine dining and special occasions.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceLikeToEatOutDined on 8/28/2014Celebrated our anniversary. Great food and service. Relaxed, not rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special dateDineNStyleDined on 8/21/2014I took my wife for her Birthday and the service was great, food was excellent, and so was the wine. The prices are a bit high. For two with an appetizer, two meals, and a $40 dollar bottle of wine it was about 160 with tip. For her special date they also gave us a wonderful mousse dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KeeperSpeedGolferDined on 8/16/2014We moved to Omaha a yr ago and found this gem. A family owned and all work there. A must see and eat.Special Features:
- putterDined on 8/16/2014food,service very good. moving a table in while we were eating in a small space not good. especialy when the resturant was not crowded nobody waiting. really made the experiance seem well like a McDonalds. food very worth the money well presented and our waitress well fantastic. place needs to open the floor a bit. at this level i expected more.Special Features:
- An Omaha gemPCombsDined on 8/13/2014The Flatiron cafe is one of our favorites. It offers a great atmosphere and fabulous food. Wonderful for a special night out or to entertain out of town visitors. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The food & service recommendDayLilysandblueSkyDined on 8/13/2014This was the best steak we have ever had. I highly recommend the Flat iron food, service making a special occasion memorable.Special Features:
- Great service and foodDisappointed2014VIPDined on 8/9/2014We came to celebrate a special occasion and the food was very good and service was wonderful!Special Features: