166 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nichehospitality.com/
- Phone: 7748233327x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Fix
From the group that brought you Bocado, Mezcal, Rye & Thyme, and The Citizen comes The Fix: a burger bar providing handmade burgers, elixers, and shakes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Fix - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
The Fix reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (69)neighborhood gem (44)great for lunch (42)good for groups (32)hot spot (28)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (21)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (15)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Poor timing from the kitchenbigredogDined on 9/12/2014Ordered an appetizer which took a long rime ro show up. Reminders to our waitstaff produced thr apps....just as our entrees were being delivered. Although artistic in display, the burger salad proved to be unimaginative and lacking in flabir and flare. Its noisy, cramped and slow....ho hum.
- How soon is too soon to go back?WorcesterDDDined on 9/12/2014My fiancé knows I like my burgers so she suggested The Fix for our Friday date night. The Fix has a nice central location on Shrewsbury Street. The overall ambience they've created is perfectly done for a small place. Casual design with hand-drawn chalk specials on the wall with neat artwork - not tacky at all. The food was great. Fried pickles came out perfect. As far as the burgers go, the chefs clearly know what they're doing. It was difficult to decide on a burger - I could have order any number of the unique creations. The burgers we ordered we both cooked exactly to our expectation, which is so important. Service was quick and polite. I'll be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger bar at it's bestDPozLikesGoodFoodDined on 9/10/2014This is a new twist on burgers, great burger options, great specials, great sides to go with your burger. I like the fact that they tell you upfront that they do not make changes to the burgers on the menu. The attentive waitress was quick to tell us that she would help order any kind of toppings on a custom burger so the options were not limited. If a restaurant takes pride in their menu then you should trust them and order it as is and in this restaurant you will not be disappointed. We had a Bacon BBQ Burger, the Mushroom Burger and the Lamb Burger special. Each was prepared perfectly. We had Sweet Potato fries, Garlic Romano Fries and Onion Rings! The drink menu was as extensive as the food menu. Everything was just perfect!Special Features:
- EsmeeDined on 9/7/2014Great burger. Choose grass fed and you'll be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great taste!JenniferDined on 9/6/2014Great taste, prices could be a bit lower for the worcester area..Special Features:
- Good FoodthreeboysmommyDined on 9/5/2014Good Food, they have lots of variety for whatever your taste is in burgers.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Delicious burger! Great milkshakes if you like them. The wine list is great too!Special Features:
- Second time. Can't wait for 3KterpkoVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great for kids. Vege burger was great and excellent cocktails. We didn't order grass fed but other tables were ordering. Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another hit for the Niche GroupKMacVIPDined on 8/31/2014Great addition to Shrewsbury Street and the Niche Group. This was my second visit and this time I brought family. The old time soda fountain beverage list is a nice touch. Very creative with the burger offerings. My wife and son ordered the green chile burger (my wife requested no bun and it was no problem). I had the Millionair Burger -- a decadent special with cheese, bacon, foie gras, and topped with lobster tempura. Appetizers were very good also -- we had the blue cheese polenta "tater" tots and the tuna tartare. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- This place is ALMOST there...!!!RealtorMomVIPDined on 8/30/2014AWESOME burgers (my husband even splurged for the "millionaire special" burger on the restaurant week menu - we, and the bar and wait staff, all agree that this needs to be added to the regular menu!). But the fries need serious work, please! Fresh hand-cut, twice cooked fries need to accompany these burgers, or hand-cut wedges! And the bar staff has all of the right ingredients, but needs to learn how to "finish" the cocktails (twisting the citrus peels, rubbing them around the rim of the glass before dropping them into the drink, etc.). Friendly staff, great experience, we'll be back!Special Features:
- Excellent Burger BarSmithDined on 8/27/2014My wife and I recently took our two boys here because we have enjoyed the Niche restaurant group's other offerings. It did not disappoint. Excellent food (we all had burgers of some sort) and great service. I knew I had to get a burger the first time, but there were several other menu items that I'll be back for. Staff was very friendly and attentive and most of all cooperative with all the substitutions I was making to my order (I'm very picky). We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Even Good for VegetariansjggeddDined on 8/24/2014As pescatarians, going to a burger restaurant was risky; however, The Fix had two options, a Veggie Burger and a Tuna Burger that made this worth the trip. The Veggie Burger, though a bit mushy, was a tasty mix of vegetables in a chick pea base. The Tuna Burger was really not a burger; rather, two pieces of rare tuna served with spicy accompaniments... Excellent!Special Features:
- Great drinks, flavorful foodDatenightdinerDined on 8/22/2014We visited on a Friday evening during the 6:30 timeframe. The restaurant was steady but not packed. Our server was able to answer our questions well. The drinks were excellent. They were not cheap on alcohol, and had very unique flavors. We had the chicken wings to start which had a homemade "Shake and Bake" yummy seasoning. I had a special burger of the night and my partner ordered from the menu. Both had a fresh taste with fresh toppings. The mayonnaise that came with our burgers both had great flavor. The only thing we didn't like was the table. It was very small and we never seemed to have enough room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not your ordinary burger...UpdateVIPDined on 8/22/2014If looking for a neat spot for a great bite and more alcohol (and non-alcohol) drink concoctions than you can imagine check out The Fix, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best burger in a long timeSuzzDined on 8/20/2014The Fix's gourmet burgers did not disappoint. The flavor combo on the Crispy Burger (pickles, prosciutto, chips, parmesan crisp!) was delicious even though it put me over my sodium intake for the week. The shakes are nothing to write home about UNLESS you get the boozy version, then yummo! Our table devoured the pretzel bites, too. And my guest said the lamb burger from the Restaurant Week menu was delightful. The salad eater in our group said she loved the option of a burger as a salad "add on." What puts this place over the top is the fun atmosphere and the stellar service. Our server, the food runner and the hostess were all fantastic. It makes a big difference when someone greets you like a friend and seems to enjoy their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigtimefoodies4bigtimefoodies4Dined on 8/16/2014Our friends and my husband and I ate at the fix this past saturday night. It was a great time for all of us. We love the food and the staff is very accommodating and cordial. We had reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The meals each of us ordered were perfect. The wait time was also very good. We are planning our next visit already. The place rocks!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDined on 8/9/2014Second visit to The Fix...great burgers. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The Fix is a hitCarlBigDaddyJDined on 8/9/2014My first visit to the Fix since it replaced Mezcal's. They did minimal changes to the interior, very much the same. The food was very good. It was restaurant week which kept the bill down but they did not hold back on the portions. I had the steakburger special and my wife the lamb and they both were delicious along with the sweet fries; $1 more. My wife loved the strawberry shortcake desert. My coconut tarte was just OK. They have speciality drinks and Jeremy did I fine job of mixing and being our waiter. Kudos to him.Special Features:
- Food &service were great!JennaDined on 8/7/2014Very accommodating with turning down the AC!! Try the mustard pickles!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killa BurgaJACKODined on 8/4/2014I really enjoyed my killa burga. Got the "Crispy" and it was awesome. Going back soon for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good but not great.bigredogDined on 8/2/2014We attended to celebrate a birthday but we overheard the wait staff ask the table next to us if THEY were celebrating a birthday. Obviously they got the wrong table even though we confirmed the event when we arrived. One of our orders was not as requested but we forged ahead not wanting to wait for a replacement. The food was tasty and innovative but the quarters were tight. I often felt "in the way" as the wait staff constantly brushed by me to attend to others. A fine but less than stellar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestburgDined on 8/1/2014It has a fun atmosphere and very comfortable. Tater tots are the best!!!! I always recommend it to others!Special Features:
- SECOND TIME IS THE CHARMPHATASHVIPDined on 7/29/2014ENJOYED THIS MEAL MUCH MORE THE OUR FIRST VISIT. LAMB BURGER AND THE SEARED TUNA SALAD WERE WELCOME ADDITIONSSpecial Features:
- Good but really expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014It was really good but the food was expensive for a burger even for the specialty types.Special Features:
- MartyDined on 7/20/2014We had the pretzel appetizers ( there was a good amount) and the blue cheese tater tots ( some in the group liked them best with the sauces). Burgers were OK and wild boar burger was thought to be very good. Veggie burger was mild tasting with fresh veggies that could be tasted if no toppings were added. Cherry soda and spiked shakes were a nice difference but nothing special. Half of the group would go back .
- enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014found this place by chance and decided to try it, food was very good and service was exceptional, plus you dont have to worry about parking, they have free valet service, will definitaly return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodLove2EatDined on 7/18/2014Food options were good, however, slightly limited. Service was rushed, but adequate. Seating was challenging, noise level in the restaurant made it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey...ReviewernewbieDined on 7/12/2014We love going out for dinner and don't mind paying for good food but The Fix was just a little too pricey. That being said it was delicious; the potato chip nachos with short ribs were incredible. The short rib entrée was hands down the best meal of the night but the pork belly burger was also something to not miss.Special Features:
- Foodie13Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great! The service was a bit slow seeing that it was lunch time and there were few people in the restaurant. Overall, it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and FunSusanDined on 7/10/2014When we arrived we were promptly seated to the middle of the dining room facing out to the street for people watching. Loved our table. However, it took the manager over 10 minutes to come over and say he was sorry we did not have a waiter to take a drink or food order. We were beginning to feel as if we were invisible. Shortly after, we had a wonderful waiter take our drink order and the rest of the evening was uneventful and very enjoyable. They even offered us either an appetizer or dessert on the house for the delay. The drinks were reasonable and delicious. The tator tots, for our appetizer, were delicious and a special treat. Our burgers were cooked perfectly with delicious fries & onion rings. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- OutstandingHockeyMOM207Dined on 7/9/2014The FIX is a must attend! The staff is very helpful and friendly and the food was excellent! Great addition to Shrewbury Street's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping it togetherBobGVIPDined on 7/6/2014We've been to The Fix once or twice before and found the house-grind burgers very tasty. I thought I'd try something different on this visit so I ordered the Veggie Burger, with bacon. Sadly the patty had little structural integrity with pieces falling out from between the buns with every attempted bite. Maybe my experience was a fluke and the veggie patty normally holds it together while being eaten. The bacon was tasty though as was the veggie patty pieces I ate with a fork off my plate. I'll stick with the house-grind in the future.
- Great Burger!MarcVIPDined on 7/6/2014I had the "Crunch" burger and it was incredible. Fried prosciutto. I've never had that before! Our waitress was great. The service was excellent. We had a great meal. The french fries were the best I've had in a long time (I got them plain without any special seasoning). I also had the grass fed patty - which was juicy and good. For an appetizer I had the Ceasar Salad which was okay - but the meal in general was outstanding. Finally, if you can stomach the traffic - it's not that bad, sit outside! It was a breath of fresh air and great people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priceddatenight2Dined on 7/4/2014I ordered a chocolate shake that was foamy and watery certainly not worth $5. My husband ordered a whiskey sour that was pure sour mix, not even a hint of whiskey on the pallet. The tuna tartar app was the only saving grace of our meal. The tuna was good quality and the homemade chips were crispy and flavorful. The burgers are no where near worth the $14 price tag. The bun was sopping wet from the grease coming off of the thinnest of patties. My husband ordered his burger medium rare but the patties are so thin it came out medium/medium well. We weren't told about specials that were on a board on the wall either. I had high hopes for this place but we certainly wont be coming back any time soon.Special Features:
- yummychickchef1Dined on 6/28/2014I am still thinking about my mushroom burger and polenta tater tots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good TimestastienomsDined on 6/27/2014The Fix is a perfect addition to Worcester. This is not your average burger stop. We loved it, and went back with some out-of-town guests. They were impressed! The menu includes big, delicious burgers topped with unique combinations, and offers something for everyone. Large portions satisfy even the hungriest customers. The BBQ Bacon Burger and Ahi Tuna Burger are two of our favorites. The B5 Chocolate Spring Rolls are a must! There is also great beer selection. You will leave with a full belly and a smile on your face. Arrive a few minutes early to find on-street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Guys is BetterMurphy09VIPDined on 6/27/2014After hearing from a lot of people about this great new burger joint, I have to say it didn't live up to the hype. The menu is creative and the burgers sound great, on paper... however they were just awful. We had the cheeseburger dip that seemed as if it were just cheese wiz with chunks of ground beef. I had the double patty grass fed burger that was just as bland as you could imagine. Onion rings were over done and too crunchy. All this being said, the beer selection and dessert we had were good. Service started out fantastic and then ended on a bad note as our waiter seemed to just disappear. I've come to expect more from a Niche Exchange restaurant.
- Delicious and decadent choiceslsalceDined on 6/27/2014Great burgers - I had the crunchy and the hubby had the bbq. Cooked well and a great combo of ingredients. The polenta tater tots were a fantastic start. Love how the shakes and a few other drinks come spiked or regular. The spiked root beer was delish! Our waitress was friendly and the service was quick. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outKHenry99Dined on 6/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner last night. The service was great - friendly and attentive. The burger was cooked as order and was nice and juicy. Topped with the prosciutto...yumm. Fries were crispy and everything came out hot. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- A great hamburgerfoodlove82Dined on 6/23/2014What they built on the humble hamburger was amazing. The burger itself was perfection -- juicy and flavorful. I had their burger topped with pork belly and whole grain mustard applesauce. So tasty! To make it even better they served it on a gluten free roll that was the best I have ever had. Who made these??? I sampled one of their creative libations -- their version of the Old Fashioned. The flavors in this drink were superb and it paired perfectly with the burger. My fellow diners raved about their burgers and enjoy their old favorite the B5 Spring Rolls. They are too good for words! It is a great place for informal gatherings but be careful, the food and service could outshine convivial conversation!Special Features: