166 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nichehospitality.com/
- Phone: 7748233327x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Fix
From the group that brought you Bocado, Mezcal, Rye & Thyme, and The Citizen comes The Fix: a burger bar providing handmade burgers, elixers, and shakes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Fix - Best Restaurants in Worcester ›
The Fix reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (66)great for lunch (53)neighborhood gem (49)hot spot (40)good for groups (38)late-night find (33)vibrant bar scene (25)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (8)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Best burger in a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014The Fix's gourmet burgers did not disappoint. The flavor combo on the Crispy Burger (pickles, prosciutto, chips, parmesan crisp!) was delicious even though it put me over my sodium intake for the week. The shakes are nothing to write home about UNLESS you get the boozy version, then yummo! Our table devoured the pretzel bites, too. And my guest said the lamb burger from the Restaurant Week menu was delightful. The salad eater in our group said she loved the option of a burger as a salad "add on." What puts this place over the top is the fun atmosphere and the stellar service. Our server, the food runner and the hostess were all fantastic. It makes a big difference when someone greets you like a friend and seems to enjoy their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigtimefoodies4bigtimefoodies4Dined on 8/16/2014Our friends and my husband and I ate at the fix this past saturday night. It was a great time for all of us. We love the food and the staff is very accommodating and cordial. We had reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The meals each of us ordered were perfect. The wait time was also very good. We are planning our next visit already. The place rocks!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDined on 8/9/2014Second visit to The Fix...great burgers. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- The Fix is a hitCarlBigDaddyJDined on 8/9/2014My first visit to the Fix since it replaced Mezcal's. They did minimal changes to the interior, very much the same. The food was very good. It was restaurant week which kept the bill down but they did not hold back on the portions. I had the steakburger special and my wife the lamb and they both were delicious along with the sweet fries; $1 more. My wife loved the strawberry shortcake desert. My coconut tarte was just OK. They have speciality drinks and Jeremy did I fine job of mixing and being our waiter. Kudos to him.Special Features:
- Food &service were great!JennaDined on 8/7/2014Very accommodating with turning down the AC!! Try the mustard pickles!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killa BurgaJACKODined on 8/4/2014I really enjoyed my killa burga. Got the "Crispy" and it was awesome. Going back soon for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good but not great.bigredogDined on 8/2/2014We attended to celebrate a birthday but we overheard the wait staff ask the table next to us if THEY were celebrating a birthday. Obviously they got the wrong table even though we confirmed the event when we arrived. One of our orders was not as requested but we forged ahead not wanting to wait for a replacement. The food was tasty and innovative but the quarters were tight. I often felt "in the way" as the wait staff constantly brushed by me to attend to others. A fine but less than stellar experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bestburgDined on 8/1/2014It has a fun atmosphere and very comfortable. Tater tots are the best!!!! I always recommend it to others!Special Features:
- SECOND TIME IS THE CHARMPHATASHVIPDined on 7/29/2014ENJOYED THIS MEAL MUCH MORE THE OUR FIRST VISIT. LAMB BURGER AND THE SEARED TUNA SALAD WERE WELCOME ADDITIONSSpecial Features:
- Good but really expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/21/2014It was really good but the food was expensive for a burger even for the specialty types.Special Features:
- MartyDined on 7/20/2014We had the pretzel appetizers ( there was a good amount) and the blue cheese tater tots ( some in the group liked them best with the sauces). Burgers were OK and wild boar burger was thought to be very good. Veggie burger was mild tasting with fresh veggies that could be tasted if no toppings were added. Cherry soda and spiked shakes were a nice difference but nothing special. Half of the group would go back .
- enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014found this place by chance and decided to try it, food was very good and service was exceptional, plus you dont have to worry about parking, they have free valet service, will definitaly return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodLove2EatDined on 7/18/2014Food options were good, however, slightly limited. Service was rushed, but adequate. Seating was challenging, noise level in the restaurant made it difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit pricey...ReviewernewbieDined on 7/12/2014We love going out for dinner and don't mind paying for good food but The Fix was just a little too pricey. That being said it was delicious; the potato chip nachos with short ribs were incredible. The short rib entrée was hands down the best meal of the night but the pork belly burger was also something to not miss.Special Features:
- Foodie13Dined on 7/12/2014The food was great! The service was a bit slow seeing that it was lunch time and there were few people in the restaurant. Overall, it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and FunSusanDined on 7/10/2014When we arrived we were promptly seated to the middle of the dining room facing out to the street for people watching. Loved our table. However, it took the manager over 10 minutes to come over and say he was sorry we did not have a waiter to take a drink or food order. We were beginning to feel as if we were invisible. Shortly after, we had a wonderful waiter take our drink order and the rest of the evening was uneventful and very enjoyable. They even offered us either an appetizer or dessert on the house for the delay. The drinks were reasonable and delicious. The tator tots, for our appetizer, were delicious and a special treat. Our burgers were cooked perfectly with delicious fries & onion rings. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- OutstandingHockeyMOM207Dined on 7/9/2014The FIX is a must attend! The staff is very helpful and friendly and the food was excellent! Great addition to Shrewbury Street's restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeping it togetherBobGVIPDined on 7/6/2014We've been to The Fix once or twice before and found the house-grind burgers very tasty. I thought I'd try something different on this visit so I ordered the Veggie Burger, with bacon. Sadly the patty had little structural integrity with pieces falling out from between the buns with every attempted bite. Maybe my experience was a fluke and the veggie patty normally holds it together while being eaten. The bacon was tasty though as was the veggie patty pieces I ate with a fork off my plate. I'll stick with the house-grind in the future.
- Great Burger!MarcVIPDined on 7/6/2014I had the "Crunch" burger and it was incredible. Fried prosciutto. I've never had that before! Our waitress was great. The service was excellent. We had a great meal. The french fries were the best I've had in a long time (I got them plain without any special seasoning). I also had the grass fed patty - which was juicy and good. For an appetizer I had the Ceasar Salad which was okay - but the meal in general was outstanding. Finally, if you can stomach the traffic - it's not that bad, sit outside! It was a breath of fresh air and great people watching!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over priceddatenight2Dined on 7/4/2014I ordered a chocolate shake that was foamy and watery certainly not worth $5. My husband ordered a whiskey sour that was pure sour mix, not even a hint of whiskey on the pallet. The tuna tartar app was the only saving grace of our meal. The tuna was good quality and the homemade chips were crispy and flavorful. The burgers are no where near worth the $14 price tag. The bun was sopping wet from the grease coming off of the thinnest of patties. My husband ordered his burger medium rare but the patties are so thin it came out medium/medium well. We weren't told about specials that were on a board on the wall either. I had high hopes for this place but we certainly wont be coming back any time soon.Special Features:
- yummychickchef1Dined on 6/28/2014I am still thinking about my mushroom burger and polenta tater tots!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Good TimestastienomsDined on 6/27/2014The Fix is a perfect addition to Worcester. This is not your average burger stop. We loved it, and went back with some out-of-town guests. They were impressed! The menu includes big, delicious burgers topped with unique combinations, and offers something for everyone. Large portions satisfy even the hungriest customers. The BBQ Bacon Burger and Ahi Tuna Burger are two of our favorites. The B5 Chocolate Spring Rolls are a must! There is also great beer selection. You will leave with a full belly and a smile on your face. Arrive a few minutes early to find on-street parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Five Guys is BetterMurphy09VIPDined on 6/27/2014After hearing from a lot of people about this great new burger joint, I have to say it didn't live up to the hype. The menu is creative and the burgers sound great, on paper... however they were just awful. We had the cheeseburger dip that seemed as if it were just cheese wiz with chunks of ground beef. I had the double patty grass fed burger that was just as bland as you could imagine. Onion rings were over done and too crunchy. All this being said, the beer selection and dessert we had were good. Service started out fantastic and then ended on a bad note as our waiter seemed to just disappear. I've come to expect more from a Niche Exchange restaurant.
- Delicious and decadent choiceslsalceDined on 6/27/2014Great burgers - I had the crunchy and the hubby had the bbq. Cooked well and a great combo of ingredients. The polenta tater tots were a fantastic start. Love how the shakes and a few other drinks come spiked or regular. The spiked root beer was delish! Our waitress was friendly and the service was quick. Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outKHenry99Dined on 6/26/2014My husband and I went for dinner last night. The service was great - friendly and attentive. The burger was cooked as order and was nice and juicy. Topped with the prosciutto...yumm. Fries were crispy and everything came out hot. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- A great hamburgerfoodlove82Dined on 6/23/2014What they built on the humble hamburger was amazing. The burger itself was perfection -- juicy and flavorful. I had their burger topped with pork belly and whole grain mustard applesauce. So tasty! To make it even better they served it on a gluten free roll that was the best I have ever had. Who made these??? I sampled one of their creative libations -- their version of the Old Fashioned. The flavors in this drink were superb and it paired perfectly with the burger. My fellow diners raved about their burgers and enjoy their old favorite the B5 Spring Rolls. They are too good for words! It is a great place for informal gatherings but be careful, the food and service could outshine convivial conversation!Special Features:
- Burger delicious, fries not so muchJlewDined on 6/20/2014The mushroom hamburger was delicious. The milkshake and French fries, left a lot to be desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good burgers, good vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/16/2014this is a few-frills bar and dining room that focuses on burgers - LaFreida blended beef (although for reasons i can't discern, the veggie burger gets raves) and good fries, along with milkshakes - spiked or non. friendly, city feel; the appetizers and desserts are far smarter than you'd expect - polenta bites on the front end, 'spring rolls' - phyllo around pound cake and chocolate ganache with dipping sauce - on the end. and the milkshakes are a guilty pleasure. but come for the beef: straight, satisfying.Special Features:
- Great night out !LizzDined on 6/16/2014It was our first visit to The Fix and we' ll definitely will be returning. The salads were delicous and very unique. The burgers were cooked to perfection and offered interesting and unique options. I had the Blue Buffalo and was more than satisfied. My husband had the veggie burger and loved the pretzel bun which was easliy added. The sevice was fast but not rushed and the manager introduced himself and checked on us twice. We highly recommend The Fix for a casual night out at a upbeat friendly establushment w valet parking...the hostess to the food runners were friendly , attentive and professionsl. Great addition to the city...burger joint with a nouvelle twist. LOVED ITSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Winner from Niche GroupKMacDined on 6/15/2014Nice tribute to the soda shops of the past. Very creative drink menu and tasty burgers. I started off with a One a Day cocktail while perusing the menu. You don't see too many bars making drinks with egg whites these days. I started with the pickled eggs - no, they weren't taken from a jar behind the bar. The one minus was that my entree arrived as I was enjoying my first bite of egg (even though I ordered them while trying to decide on my burger). The main course was the chile burger. Burger was done as requested. I didn't taste any of the jalapeno but there were plenty of green chiles. Fries were nicely done. I ordered a side of mustard pickles (thin sliced pickles in creamy mustard dressing) that was enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014Very good burgers, a little pricey though. Given the price of the burgers, not sure it's necessary to upcharge for side dish variances.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fun great servicefrequentdiner1Dined on 6/9/2014Love this new place. Burgers for the carnivores and a great spicy tuna burger for the non-meat-eaters. Will definitely go again!Special Features:
- can't wait to go back!bakermom2Dined on 6/7/2014Our food was amazing. We ordered the short rib potato chip nachos for an app and it was definitely one of the best things I've ever eaten! I can't wait to try more of the dishes on the menu! I will have to say, the service we got may have been as good as, if not better than our meal. Kara L was our server and she was AMAZING. We will be requesting her every time we go back, which will definitely be soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was expecting moreAEC27Dined on 6/6/2014This was my second visit to the fix the first one about a week after it opened. And a recent trip. I left the fist time and could not wait to go back with friends. However this visit was not as I expected. Our appetizer pretzel bites took a long time to come out the waitress said they had to remake them in the kitchen because they were burt the first time. Causing the appetizer and our meal to come out very close together. The waitress was not very familiar with the menu and could not answer my question about a sauce on a burger. The sauce for the pretzel bites was too spicy. Not what it was like my first visit. Overall I think they have some work to do if they want to be a go to burger place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The fixxOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Was excited to try this new place since we frequent Bocados so much but we were very disappointed. Our server was good but the guy with beard in the stairs was super annoying with his staring. Almost to the point of getting really itratared with him. My children's shakes floats were not good. Appetizer was better then everything else . Chicken and veggie salad was awful. Soaked in dressing ..maybe a piece of artichoke but mainly iceberg lettuce and a fried chicken tender on top . Burgers were ok my husband had ahi and he said it was ok . Desert wasn't great.. Hot fudge sundae was just a fudge Sunday.. Strawberry shortcake .. No ice cream and it wasn't good either ... Sorry to say Applebee's is better, and I don't like Applebee's .
- Wanted it to be goodTuccireviewsVIPDined on 6/5/2014New restaurant that needs help. Ambience: loud background music and crowded tables. Food: it's a burger place, required good fries! They were subpar. Overpriced Burgers ok. Homemade root beer watered down. Homemade potatoe chips served cold and stale. Needs Gordon Ramsey to go in and help.
- Very Good foodBrianDined on 5/29/2014I had the basic hamburger to compare with other restaurants. It seemed to have less fat and maybe twice ground. I liked it very much. My wife had the Green Chiles burger, which had poblano, jalapeno peppers, avacado, habanero cheddar, lettuce, and cilantro mayo on a brioche roll. It's not as hot as it sounds, Very good. We loved the brioche rolls. It wasn't until after we ordered and looked around, did we see specials written on the wall. Wish the waitress had mentioned them. The lamb burger sounded very inviting. I had the feeling of being rushed although the reataurant was not full this early in the evening. Overall, we'll be back. There are items on the menu we want to try.
- Birthday Burgersout2dinnerDined on 5/28/2014My husband and I are big fans of the Niche restaurant group and were very excited to finally try The Fix for his birthday dinner. As expected, everything was delicious! Short rib potato chip nachos were a big hit and the burgers were awesome. There is nothing better than a nice juicy burger actually cooked to your preference! Topped off with a dangerously tasty spiked coffee milkshake (couldn't pass it up as native Rhode Islanders) and dessert spring rolls, we left with very happy bellies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedAmxoxoDined on 5/28/2014This place has been over rated. Yes the burgers are fresh not frozen but my crunchy burger and my friends chili burger did not taste good enough for the price and were red inside when asked for well done. Also my sweet potato fries were tiny and burned. Was disappointed.Special Features:
- Great service and foodRichieDined on 5/27/2014Our first visit. We loved the atmosphere and the ambiance The Potato Chip Nachos with short rib was amazing. Homemade chops with an array of cheeses and toppings and chunks of tender short rib was a perfect starter for 4 of us. The chicken wings app was deceptively hot with a dry rub(but not too hot). The burgers were freshly made from grass fed animals. Huge variety of sauces and cheeses to personalize each burger. Our burgers were cooked specifically to our specs and was delicious. Crispy prosciutto and Parmesan with a garlic mayo was awesome and the crispy onion rings were a treat. Last but not least we tried a spiked root beer float(reccomended by our ioutstanding server Cara) The rum spike combined with the melting ice cream was **Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.