1634 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireplacerest.com/
- Phone: 6179751900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Mid-Day menu: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Solomon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fans of our rustic yet upscale fare at The Fireplace can also enjoy our locally sourced food at private events. Show off your home. Or pick the perfect place for a business outing, wedding or charity gala. We"ve got connections with some pretty magical New England venues.
- Private Party Facilities: The upscale but homey ambiance of The Fireplace makes for unforgettable gatherings. Parties as small as fourteen and as large as ninety fit perfectly into our cozy but comfortable confines.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Stuehmer 6179751900
- Entertainment: We love good music almost as much as we love good food. Join us at The Fireplace for some cool jazz and hot Latin music on the first Wednesdays and Thursdays of each month at The Fireplace. Shows start at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Your credit card on file will be charge $25 per person if a cancellation is not made within 48 hours.
A word from The Fireplace
The Fireplace located in Brookline Massachusetts is a cosmopolitan New England Grill serving food with integrity while celebrating the bounty of the region and its Colonial influences. In addition to being the 1st Certified Green Restaurant in Boston, the restaurant has won numerous awards and mentions including Outstanding Wine List (Wine Spectator 2013), Chocolate Madness WinnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fireplace reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (74)special occasion (40)romantic (37)great for brunch (31)good for groups (28)great for lunch (25)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (15)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Request Table by the Fireplace!shmaiDined on 10/22/2014great neighborhood gem. We shared the cheese plate which had salami to die for. Entrees are reasonably priced. We both ordered the salmon. Shared the seasonal bread pudding which, if you are fan of, was delicious. We wanted cocktails that were not on the menu and the bartender was more than happy to obliged.Special Features:
- Great date night!PracticalPalateDined on 10/16/2014Ok, so for a first date and a first time at this location, I took a bit of a risk...but I really didn't. The food was wonderful, our server (Peter) listened and recommended items wisely. Our opening cocktails were wonderfully made and we settled on a well balanced, drier Zinfandel (Sanctuary) for dinner. We split a pear salad, an autumn-spirited appetizer and an entree dish, with cocktails it ran us just over a C note and it was worth every penny. Thanks Fireplace! And yes, a second date happened afterwards. :-)Special Features:
- Wonderful food, charming ambianceCMF914Dined on 10/11/2014Favorite for our family, we go again and again. The butternut squash soup is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High expectations. Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014Wanted to try this restaurant for awhile after all the positive reviews. Our experience: house Cocktails were undrinkable served by a slow and unfriendly bartender. Bad start. Food was good. Table service was really slow. I had to ask where our entrees were and had to hunt down our server for dessert/check. dinner for 4 took a little over 3 hours. Overall I was shocked by the poor service. The greeter was VERY friendly and responsive. Everyone else I interacted with seemed to have a poor attitude. Like they were going through the motions and not even trying to be hospitable. For that reason, we will not be returning.
- A nice surprise10YearsPluswithOTVIPDined on 10/10/2014In looking for dining options between Jamaica Plain and Waltham--this was a gamble that paid off. The food was very good, the service impeccable, and the noise level--even with a couple of young families dining nearby--was low enough for easy conversation. My only "complaint" is the totally West Coast wine list. However, I was offered a "flight" of 3 wines for me to choose from and they have a delicious dry rose, so overall a success! The light Pinot Noir was also tasty.Special Features:
- Always a good mealWashingtonSquareLocalDined on 10/7/2014We came here for an early dinner with our two little kids (3 & 5). The wait staff was great and very thoughtful. The food was good too, but as a local I come here a bit and it always is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for brunchmisspigDined on 10/5/2014The food here is very good and the place is very popular on weekends. Waffles are exceptional. One person in our party ordered an omelette which was extremely salty and the restaurant made her a fresh one.Special Features:
- delicious and fantastic environmentlexalovesgoodfoodDined on 10/4/2014The fireplace has all the amazing food you would expect at a super classy upscale restaraunt, with a welcoming warm personality. The food was delicious and the service was great! All around it was a fabulous experience and I can't wait to go back next time I visit Boston! They were very accomadating - I had called explaining that we would be late for our reservation and they had no problem and sat us almost immediately when we arrived. Although I think they could use a hostess stand or a greeter at the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing delicious and high qualityGirlsNightDined on 10/2/2014Over all an amazing experience .. I love that all the ingredients they work with and service are local farms. Delicious food and reasonable prices. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening4forfoodingDined on 9/27/2014Good food and service. All of of our party enjoyed their food, and wine recommendations were right on.Special Features:
- Always Top Notch!DebrisVIPDined on 9/27/2014We are so happy the Fireplace is staying open! Thank You! The Saturday brunch was perfect. Challah French toast with fruit is special.House special cocktails are great! Terrific server too! Xoxoxoxo! Xoxoxoxo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, bad nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We were seated 40 minutes after our reservation. During that wait in a crowded space, we could not even order drinks at the bar. The bartender was rude "I've seen you there for 20 minutes, I will get to you when I can." Which he never did. The food was very good and the service was fine once seated. They were not equipped to handle the volume.
- Downhill slidefoodfan1Dined on 9/25/2014We have loved this spot and took friends for the first time. Were surprised at how quality had slipped. Peaches in salad old and tasteless, service almost neglectful as we waited for wine...maybe now that they've committed to staying open, they need to inject new energy and confidence into their presentation/menu, etc.Special Features:
- Consistently WonderfulLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant has been consistently good since it opened. Great ambiance, great food, an expansive menu with something for everyone, it remains one of my favorites. Also, the owner is generous and charitable, often donating time and staff to non-profits.Special Features:
- HumphreyDined on 9/21/2014THE BRUNCH MENU WAS OK BUT NOT THAT GOOD FOR VEGANSSpecial Features:
- Cheese platecheeseDined on 9/19/2014We ordered a cheese plate as one of two appetizers but w/no cheese, just the sausage. Very good, though very skimpy on the sausage (4 thin slices) and heavy on the condiments. For dessert, we ordered a cheese plate with just one cheese-- again, a VERY small piece of cheese and again piles of the same condiments. Not fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemhappy2bhereDined on 9/14/2014We were a party of 6 stayed the night in Brookline and was looking for a great Brunch place within walking distance to our B&B, we hit the jackpot with The Fireplace! Reservations necessary, which I made on Open Table the night before. The service and food were fantastic. Wonderful find! Would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLDRBVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everyone kept telling us we had to try the Fireplace. So we did and We were very disappointed. It was impossible to talk to each other because it was so loud, I questioned the cleanliness because my cutlery AND bread dish were dirty, the waiter was slow and not very personable - felt like he just wanted us to eat and go- could have cared less about us. The wine list is limited to wines just from CA (at least have a few good ones if you're going to do that!,) The food however was outstanding! If they focus on customer service and promise to wash their dishes- we may go back....but not for quite a while.Special Features:
- less impressed than previous visitsLauraDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. I noted this in my Open Table reservation and asked for the best table possible but I don't think this was acknowledged as we were seated near the entrance in a high traffic area. We have been here many times and wanted to go one last time before it closes. The appetizers and entrees we ordered were delicious (cheese plate, figs, signature roasted chicken and sea scallops). Cocktails were very good as well, but I had left my ID in the car, and the waiter required that my husband go out in the rain to go get it. I know there are rules but there should have also been a balance with customer service. My dessert (blondie sundae) was dry and disappointing, but my husband's chocolate fudge cake was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fun outingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I showed up at the exact time of our reservation. The hostess showed us to a table three steps from the door and in the traffic for everyone entering and exiting the restaurant. When we asked for a different table, we were told that we should have requested a specific table went we reserved. We were told nothing else was available, so we left. As we left, we could see that there were indeed a couple of tables free by the windows. We will not return.
- great and reliable mealsJakeDined on 9/12/2014Another fine meal at The Fireplace. A little longer wait than I had expected, even with reservations. But that ,may be because the space is so comfortable, the diners don't want to rush out. The service is attentive and not pushy or intrusive. The music got turned up really too loud but after requesting a change, it was reduced. Also, there are a few tables that are in the middle of high traffic areas -- so wait for an appropriate table and ask for music that is suitable for your meal. I'd recommend this place & will be back again.Special Features:
- Let's EatMediumRareDined on 9/10/2014Good food, interesting menu, nice atmosphere, good for conversation (hard to find quiet places now-a-days) and good service. Will add to my favorites (although, it may be too late...isn't this place closing?). The reason I gave only 3 stars on service was because they forgot my special request (made the day before) for a birthday candle...while they tried to make it up with another dessert (free and with a candle), it was too little, too late.Special Features:
- Excellent for relaxed business mealRMorseDined on 9/7/2014Excellent evening with a alumni guest from California and the school dean and his wife. I picked the restaurant because it was relaxed, not too big, had quiet tables and excellent food. All four of us loved our dishes. The dean's wife (from Brookline) remarked that the cuisine was so much better than she had experienced some time ago. She'll be back. UNFORTUNATELY, the restaurant is closing on December 31, 2014 and we will miss it. I am pushing people to do there before it closes and is replaced with Pepe's Pizza...very sad. RMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdinnerout14VIPDined on 9/6/2014We hadn't been back to The Fireplace in a while and decided to go after a theater matinee. We were very disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff. When we arrived for our reservation we were told there was only one table we could choose from - right near the stairs and service area - and then the tables around, that might have been quieter, were empty throughout our meal. The host was abrupt and not friendly at all. Also, we wanted for service and when it did arrive was inattentive and haphazard. It almost seemed that they were short-staffed or the manager was out. Food was good, but the evening was dragged down by the service. On top of it, I was then notified by Open Table that we had not honored our reservation.
- Reliably good mealdkatzDined on 9/6/2014I have been finding that I can count on the Fireplace for a good meal -- brunch, lunch and dinner. Good menu with ample choices. Food well-prepared; I had bluefish as kind of an end-of-summer treat. I love the bread they serve.Special Features:
- Very Nice Dinnercucumber67Dined on 9/2/2014We dined at the Fireplace this week for the first time.... I so wonder why we have not been here sooner. The Fireplace is comfortable with good service and very good food. I enjoyed the cheese plate we started with with the creative tasty bits to go along with the cheese. It especially worked well with the Pinot Gris I chose. My steak bits with the green salad was very tasty as well. I enjoyed the relaxed but attentive service too. I do wish they were not going to be closing at the end of this year as I know we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sad LossDavidVIPDined on 8/31/2014We are sad that you are closing, but wish you will with your next venture.Special Features:
- Always flavorfulsavoryeaterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Sad to learn from our waiter that this neighborhood gem is closing at the end of the year. Always interesting menu, well-prepared food. I'll miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table membersudieDined on 8/25/2014restaurant has very nice ambience, soft lighting, ceilings are high, I like it. Food was very good, service was excellent. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedsnoosterVIPDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant has lost its vibe. I always loved the salads there for lunch. Our order was messed up and the salads were not up to their standard.
- Lovely neighborhood spotBaysiderDined on 8/12/2014Varied menu, very good food, outstanding service from all , most especially our waiter, Peter. A rare gem; so sorry to learn they will be closing soon.Special Features:
- We'll miss you!BrooklinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Tasty inventive food and a relaxed atmosphere -- what more could you want for lunch?Special Features:
- Great Experience at The FireplaceAnonymousDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The service was leisurely but attentive, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was delightful. The individual food needs of our group were attended to with care and without it seeming to be a hassle. Our only disappointment is that the restaurant is closing.Special Features:
- Great GF foodplato79Dined on 8/8/2014The Fireplace is closing at the end of 2014. It's such a shame because they have amazing food and a grate gluten free menu. I haven't ever had lobster mac & cheese before, but they have it there...gluten free and delicious! I'll be going back many more times before it closes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014We will miss you! You were a part of our lives. We don't live in Brookline anymore but when we returned to visit we had reunions at The Fireplace. Thank you for everything you gave to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014The waiter clearly forgot our appetizer. We reminded him and he brought it out...exactly one minute before our entrees were brought to us. We ended up eating our entrée before the appetizer. The waiter should have checked to see the progress of our entrée and not just brought the appetizer so soon before the main course. He should have taken the appetizer off of our bill. Then my companion's steak was raw in the middle. At least he had the appetizer to eat while he was waiting for it to be cooked more.
- Delicious healthy foodA123VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were thrilled by the extensive selection of gourmet gluten free items. The innovative entrees come with a healthy portion of deliciously prepared fresh vegetables and grains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedRonnieDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is closing at the end of the year, and it shows. Food quality was bad, service was slow, and the food items were not cooked. Many had to be sent back. Skip this one.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014Food was creative and excellent. Service did not match the food- the waiter could barely be bothered to describe any of the dishes: i.e. melon soup is "cantaloupe and honeydew". That's it?? Fig appetizer- "it's not a salad- it's mostly figs". OK. Long waits between courses with an empty restaurant; long wait to get the dessert menu...luckily we were with friends and happy to chat. We've been to The Fireplace before and had much better experiences so we will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 7/27/2014The sound was a little bit off and it was hard to talk to each other during our meal. Several people in my group loves egg Benedict and were very happy with both the lobster and salmon egg's Benedict. Definitely will come back here for brunch.Special Features: