1634 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireplacerest.com/
- Phone: 6179751900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Mid-Day menu: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Solomon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fans of our rustic yet upscale fare at The Fireplace can also enjoy our locally sourced food at private events. Show off your home. Or pick the perfect place for a business outing, wedding or charity gala. We"ve got connections with some pretty magical New England venues.
- Private Party Facilities: The upscale but homey ambiance of The Fireplace makes for unforgettable gatherings. Parties as small as fourteen and as large as ninety fit perfectly into our cozy but comfortable confines.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Stuehmer 6179751900
- Entertainment: We love good music almost as much as we love good food. Join us at The Fireplace for some cool jazz and hot Latin music on the first Wednesdays and Thursdays of each month at The Fireplace. Shows start at 9:30pm.
A word from The Fireplace
The Fireplace located in Brookline Massachusetts is a cosmopolitan New England Grill serving food with integrity while celebrating the bounty of the region and its Colonial influences. In addition to being the 1st Certified Green Restaurant in Boston, the restaurant has won numerous awards and mentions including Outstanding Wine List (Wine Spectator 2013), Chocolate Madness WinnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fireplace reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (87)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (53)romantic (43)great for brunch (40)great for lunch (35)good for groups (33)notable wine list (21)great for outdoor dining (19)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- open table memberOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014restaurant has very nice ambience, soft lighting, ceilings are high, I like it. Food was very good, service was excellent. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedsnoosterVIPDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant has lost its vibe. I always loved the salads there for lunch. Our order was messed up and the salads were not up to their standard.
- Lovely neighborhood spotBaysiderDined on 8/12/2014Varied menu, very good food, outstanding service from all , most especially our waiter, Peter. A rare gem; so sorry to learn they will be closing soon.Special Features:
- We'll miss you!BrooklinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Tasty inventive food and a relaxed atmosphere -- what more could you want for lunch?Special Features:
- Great Experience at The FireplaceAnonymousDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The service was leisurely but attentive, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was delightful. The individual food needs of our group were attended to with care and without it seeming to be a hassle. Our only disappointment is that the restaurant is closing.Special Features:
- Great GF foodplato79Dined on 8/8/2014The Fireplace is closing at the end of 2014. It's such a shame because they have amazing food and a grate gluten free menu. I haven't ever had lobster mac & cheese before, but they have it there...gluten free and delicious! I'll be going back many more times before it closes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014We will miss you! You were a part of our lives. We don't live in Brookline anymore but when we returned to visit we had reunions at The Fireplace. Thank you for everything you gave to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014The waiter clearly forgot our appetizer. We reminded him and he brought it out...exactly one minute before our entrees were brought to us. We ended up eating our entrée before the appetizer. The waiter should have checked to see the progress of our entrée and not just brought the appetizer so soon before the main course. He should have taken the appetizer off of our bill. Then my companion's steak was raw in the middle. At least he had the appetizer to eat while he was waiting for it to be cooked more.
- Delicious healthy foodA123VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were thrilled by the extensive selection of gourmet gluten free items. The innovative entrees come with a healthy portion of deliciously prepared fresh vegetables and grains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedRonnieDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is closing at the end of the year, and it shows. Food quality was bad, service was slow, and the food items were not cooked. Many had to be sent back. Skip this one.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014Food was creative and excellent. Service did not match the food- the waiter could barely be bothered to describe any of the dishes: i.e. melon soup is "cantaloupe and honeydew". That's it?? Fig appetizer- "it's not a salad- it's mostly figs". OK. Long waits between courses with an empty restaurant; long wait to get the dessert menu...luckily we were with friends and happy to chat. We've been to The Fireplace before and had much better experiences so we will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 7/27/2014The sound was a little bit off and it was hard to talk to each other during our meal. Several people in my group loves egg Benedict and were very happy with both the lobster and salmon egg's Benedict. Definitely will come back here for brunch.Special Features:
- First TimeInNOLAtoEatDined on 7/26/2014The staff was fantastic and personable. We sat at a great table and the drinks were great. Loved the cheese plate and all the options. The rest of our food (apps and entrees was delicious flavor wise but found that the sides were either undercooked or under seasoned. Each protein was perfectly prepared. Will go back to try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ckyleDined on 7/26/2014Whenever my mom comes into town we always come here, such a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegence in Blue JeansJackDined on 7/25/2014Our experience at the Fire Place was unexpectedly wonderful. Our visit was due to a celebration and we were celebrated by the waitstaff, the waiter, in particular, Peter, as well as, the house staff as they generously prepared our gluten free food as requested. Peter knew the menu, the gluten free possibilities and did so with out my having to sacrifice anything on the menu. The Peach Salad....a visit to Georgia in my mind....the Scallops tender and generous in portion as was the Lobster. The desert...chocolate lava cake finished our palate for the evening with the grace of molten lava streaming down our appetites. We will return and brig other friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in BrooklinehappydinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014Visionary chef/owner Jim Solomon continues to adapt and refine his stellar menu. In addition, he is charismatic and welcomingbeyond compare. On a recent Monday evening, he was speaking in fluent Japanese to a table of six, most of whom were guests from Japan. I don't know of any other restauranteur who combines this embrace with great talent with food. Thank you, Jim Solomon, and loyal Fireplace staff.Special Features:
- Great as usualWinniethePooDined on 7/12/2014Have been to the Fireplace many times and they never fail. Love their subtle changes in menu and the different salads and soups they come up with are great. And an added plus is their attention to people with allergies/sensitivies. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireplaceNameDined on 7/12/2014Bartenders are great, always a wonderful place to sit at the bar and have a fantastic meal. Menu all around is wonderful and really good for omnivores and vegans alike.Special Features:
- Always greatEllenVIPDined on 7/8/2014A real 'go to' place that's always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Must gorbtwo4Dined on 7/7/2014The service, food, dessert was all outstanding. I would definitely come again if I'm in the Boston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayschocolatefoodDined on 7/6/2014We have always had excellent food and service at the Fireplace, and this experience was no different. We enjoyed a really terrific meal, in a comfortable setting with our adult family of 4. The servers are always kind and accomodating, the cocktails are always excellent, and my parents always leave very happy indeed.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunchSundaybruncherDined on 6/29/2014We always enjoy going for Sunday brunch here. The menu is great and we like that they have gluten free options. We were just there last weekend with our one year old and friends with an either month old and they are very kid friendly! Our babies loved the waitstaff, the bread and scrambled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerHelenLouDined on 6/27/2014Our server, Allison, made a birthday dinner celebration memorable with attentive service. Unique and fresh entrees.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantWinniethePooDined on 6/15/2014Cannot say enough about the Fireplace. Whether you are going for brunch (try the almond pancakes), lunch (best grassfed burger), or dinner (best lobster Mac and cheese). They accomodate gluten free as well as any other allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasantHowieSSVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed meals at fireplace for the past 10 years. The menu changes offering interesting new items, the meal is well prepared, and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but did not meet expectationsf00dieDined on 6/15/2014This was my first time to the Fireplace for brunch. I had been a few times before for dinner but not recently. I had wonderful memories of my dining experiences at the Fireplace - every dinner I had there was exceptional. I'm not sure if they have made any big changes since then, but brunch did not quite meet my expectations. It was still very nice and the food was good, but definitely not on par with what I had remembered.
- lovely lunchRozzieDined on 6/10/2014My friend and I enjoyed salads and iced tea/lemonade. The salads were both crispy and tasty - the waiter was very attentive. A very delicious and pleasant lunch experience.Special Features:
- BostonbredpaletteDined on 6/9/2014Inattentive service compounds a failure to deliver an overpriced menu. Premier prices are not warranted in this neighborhood bistro. The menu is was very inviting and held out such promise; however in the end they failed to deliver on that promise.
- luv2eatDined on 6/9/2014This is my last visit to The Fireplace. I've dined there 5 or 6 times and always enjoyed good food and great service, until this week. While my server was friendly and helpful, we waited too long for our food, had to request water twice, and the GF bread I got tasted closer to cardboard than bread. THe GF rolls used to be delicious! The drinks were limited and bland; my potatoes were cold, my chicken was dry. All three of us were underwhelmed with our dining experience and sadly, do not plan to return.
- The Fireplace made it work!PegNCDined on 6/6/2014We went to the Fireplace after my son's MIT graduation. Of course the T was backed up and we arrived late but I called and they held our table although the restaurant was quite busy. We had two vegans with us and, although the Fireplace menu is not even close to vegetarian friendly, the waitress worked with us. The kitchen tweaked and adjusted and we all had a great meal and a lovely celebration.Special Features:
- MaPaVIPDined on 6/5/2014Our recent dinner was the best that I had at Fireplace. It may have been that we were not with a large group as we had been before. Would return and nice to know there is parking in the rear.Special Features:
- Excellent dining in the suburbsAmeliaDined on 6/2/2014The Fireplace is great for groups, with a low noise level that makes conversation--even multiple conversations--easy, and a good, diverse selection of dishes, including "small plates" that are actually on the large side and delicious. I had an arugula salad and 2 small plates, the duck breast and duck confit wrap and the artichoke/gruyere tart, and I couldn't finish them. Others enjoyed crab cake, mussels and steak. The reasonably priced zinfandel was excellent, and others drank Guinness and hard cider. Nice jazz played throughout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty optionDineFindsDined on 5/31/2014Had not been to Fireplace in quite a while, and was happy to see it was as good - maybe even better -- than ever. Lots of great options - we had a hard time deciding what to get. We did a sampling of small bites to share and it worked out great. The short ribs are a must. And the pea & ricotta ravioli was delicious, and surprisingly light. We also did a few sides; great to see fiddleheads on the menu - a true sign of spring, and the hash potatoes were really well seasoned, crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside (bet they would be great as part of a brunch option)..Special Features:
- Great Food, Questionable BusinessMakeupGoddess26Dined on 5/31/2014Tried The Fireplace for the first time during Restaurant Week with my boyfriend and we were blown away: interesting diagonal layout when and the food was phenomenal and hearty for the elevated prices. We had a private table near the actual fireplace and came back for brunch after catching a glimpse of the weekend menu. I had the vegetarian hash and stuffed french toast; my boyfriend got the french toast, duck sausage, baked beans and home fries. Food was great but they got our french toasts wrong and replaced my boyfriend's right away; I had to point mine out (came without the cheese stuffed in the middle). Would rate them higher but tried to gouge us on the tip; suggested numbers were WAY more than actual tip percentages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014This was our first visit to the Fireplace. We went on a friend's recommendation. The food was wonderful, the service excellent. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, but...FrogQueenDined on 5/24/2014We were visiting from CT and ate outside with our dog. We love that this restaurant is local food conscious. By the time our food came it was rather chilly out and they brought everything out at once. 6 tappas type dishes for 2 people. Needless to say 4 of the dishes were very cold by the time we got to them, but we loved the taste. Also, our server seemed like she was in a really bad mood. But everyone has bad days so we give it a very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty DinneraspfoodieDined on 5/24/2014We had several tasty appetizers in lieu of overpriced looking entrees. That worked really well. And the whiskey ice cream for dessert was divine!Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014As always, our evening at The Fireplace was terrific. Great food, great service, incredibly accommodating. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- one of our favoritesfoodisgoodDined on 5/23/2014Each time we are back in the Boston area we frequent The Fireplace, the atmosphere and service is always great. They have a good wine list with nice variety. Food is good, prices are reasonable. Always a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!EvieDined on 5/19/2014We have dined here several times over the past 4 years while visiting my son at college. The food is always delicious and inventive. Seafood is very fresh and steaks are succulent. Love the menu! The atmosphere is friendly and dress is anywhere from casual to dressy. While the atmosphere wouldn't be considered "fine dining" the food is. Highly recommend.Special Features: