1634 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02445Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fireplacerest.com/
- Phone: 6179751900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Mid-Day menu: Daily: 2:30pm - 5:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jim Solomon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Fans of our rustic yet upscale fare at The Fireplace can also enjoy our locally sourced food at private events. Show off your home. Or pick the perfect place for a business outing, wedding or charity gala. We"ve got connections with some pretty magical New England venues.
- Private Party Facilities: The upscale but homey ambiance of The Fireplace makes for unforgettable gatherings. Parties as small as fourteen and as large as ninety fit perfectly into our cozy but comfortable confines.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie Stuehmer 6179751900
- Entertainment: We love good music almost as much as we love good food. Join us at The Fireplace for some cool jazz and hot Latin music on the first Wednesdays and Thursdays of each month at The Fireplace. Shows start at 9:30pm.
- Special Events: Your credit card on file will be charge $25 per person if a cancellation is not made within 48 hours.
A word from The Fireplace
The Fireplace located in Brookline Massachusetts is a cosmopolitan New England Grill serving food with integrity while celebrating the bounty of the region and its Colonial influences. In addition to being the 1st Certified Green Restaurant in Boston, the restaurant has won numerous awards and mentions including Outstanding Wine List (Wine Spectator 2013), Chocolate Madness WinnerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fireplace reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (42)romantic (35)great for brunch (33)great for lunch (30)good for groups (26)notable wine list (19)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (11)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Cheese plateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We ordered a cheese plate as one of two appetizers but w/no cheese, just the sausage. Very good, though very skimpy on the sausage (4 thin slices) and heavy on the condiments. For dessert, we ordered a cheese plate with just one cheese-- again, a VERY small piece of cheese and again piles of the same condiments. Not fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemhappy2bhereDined on 9/14/2014We were a party of 6 stayed the night in Brookline and was looking for a great Brunch place within walking distance to our B&B, we hit the jackpot with The Fireplace! Reservations necessary, which I made on Open Table the night before. The service and food were fantastic. Wonderful find! Would definately return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLDRBVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everyone kept telling us we had to try the Fireplace. So we did and We were very disappointed. It was impossible to talk to each other because it was so loud, I questioned the cleanliness because my cutlery AND bread dish were dirty, the waiter was slow and not very personable - felt like he just wanted us to eat and go- could have cared less about us. The wine list is limited to wines just from CA (at least have a few good ones if you're going to do that!,) The food however was outstanding! If they focus on customer service and promise to wash their dishes- we may go back....but not for quite a while.Special Features:
- less impressed than previous visitsLauraDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary. I noted this in my Open Table reservation and asked for the best table possible but I don't think this was acknowledged as we were seated near the entrance in a high traffic area. We have been here many times and wanted to go one last time before it closes. The appetizers and entrees we ordered were delicious (cheese plate, figs, signature roasted chicken and sea scallops). Cocktails were very good as well, but I had left my ID in the car, and the waiter required that my husband go out in the rain to go get it. I know there are rules but there should have also been a balance with customer service. My dessert (blondie sundae) was dry and disappointing, but my husband's chocolate fudge cake was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fun outingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I showed up at the exact time of our reservation. The hostess showed us to a table three steps from the door and in the traffic for everyone entering and exiting the restaurant. When we asked for a different table, we were told that we should have requested a specific table went we reserved. We were told nothing else was available, so we left. As we left, we could see that there were indeed a couple of tables free by the windows. We will not return.
- great and reliable mealsJakeDined on 9/12/2014Another fine meal at The Fireplace. A little longer wait than I had expected, even with reservations. But that ,may be because the space is so comfortable, the diners don't want to rush out. The service is attentive and not pushy or intrusive. The music got turned up really too loud but after requesting a change, it was reduced. Also, there are a few tables that are in the middle of high traffic areas -- so wait for an appropriate table and ask for music that is suitable for your meal. I'd recommend this place & will be back again.Special Features:
- Let's EatMediumRareDined on 9/10/2014Good food, interesting menu, nice atmosphere, good for conversation (hard to find quiet places now-a-days) and good service. Will add to my favorites (although, it may be too late...isn't this place closing?). The reason I gave only 3 stars on service was because they forgot my special request (made the day before) for a birthday candle...while they tried to make it up with another dessert (free and with a candle), it was too little, too late.Special Features:
- Excellent for relaxed business mealRMorseDined on 9/7/2014Excellent evening with a alumni guest from California and the school dean and his wife. I picked the restaurant because it was relaxed, not too big, had quiet tables and excellent food. All four of us loved our dishes. The dean's wife (from Brookline) remarked that the cuisine was so much better than she had experienced some time ago. She'll be back. UNFORTUNATELY, the restaurant is closing on December 31, 2014 and we will miss it. I am pushing people to do there before it closes and is replaced with Pepe's Pizza...very sad. RMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdinnerout14VIPDined on 9/6/2014We hadn't been back to The Fireplace in a while and decided to go after a theater matinee. We were very disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff. When we arrived for our reservation we were told there was only one table we could choose from - right near the stairs and service area - and then the tables around, that might have been quieter, were empty throughout our meal. The host was abrupt and not friendly at all. Also, we wanted for service and when it did arrive was inattentive and haphazard. It almost seemed that they were short-staffed or the manager was out. Food was good, but the evening was dragged down by the service. On top of it, I was then notified by Open Table that we had not honored our reservation.
- Reliably good mealdkatzDined on 9/6/2014I have been finding that I can count on the Fireplace for a good meal -- brunch, lunch and dinner. Good menu with ample choices. Food well-prepared; I had bluefish as kind of an end-of-summer treat. I love the bread they serve.Special Features:
- Very Nice Dinnercucumber67Dined on 9/2/2014We dined at the Fireplace this week for the first time.... I so wonder why we have not been here sooner. The Fireplace is comfortable with good service and very good food. I enjoyed the cheese plate we started with with the creative tasty bits to go along with the cheese. It especially worked well with the Pinot Gris I chose. My steak bits with the green salad was very tasty as well. I enjoyed the relaxed but attentive service too. I do wish they were not going to be closing at the end of this year as I know we will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sad LossDavidVIPDined on 8/31/2014We are sad that you are closing, but wish you will with your next venture.Special Features:
- Always flavorfulsavoryeaterVIPDined on 8/28/2014Sad to learn from our waiter that this neighborhood gem is closing at the end of the year. Always interesting menu, well-prepared food. I'll miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- open table membersudieDined on 8/25/2014restaurant has very nice ambience, soft lighting, ceilings are high, I like it. Food was very good, service was excellent. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedsnoosterVIPDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant has lost its vibe. I always loved the salads there for lunch. Our order was messed up and the salads were not up to their standard.
- Lovely neighborhood spotBaysiderDined on 8/12/2014Varied menu, very good food, outstanding service from all , most especially our waiter, Peter. A rare gem; so sorry to learn they will be closing soon.Special Features:
- We'll miss you!BrooklinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Tasty inventive food and a relaxed atmosphere -- what more could you want for lunch?Special Features:
- Great Experience at The FireplaceAnonymousDined on 8/10/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The service was leisurely but attentive, the food was delicious, and the atmosphere was delightful. The individual food needs of our group were attended to with care and without it seeming to be a hassle. Our only disappointment is that the restaurant is closing.Special Features:
- Great GF foodplato79Dined on 8/8/2014The Fireplace is closing at the end of 2014. It's such a shame because they have amazing food and a grate gluten free menu. I haven't ever had lobster mac & cheese before, but they have it there...gluten free and delicious! I'll be going back many more times before it closes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014We will miss you! You were a part of our lives. We don't live in Brookline anymore but when we returned to visit we had reunions at The Fireplace. Thank you for everything you gave to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/4/2014The waiter clearly forgot our appetizer. We reminded him and he brought it out...exactly one minute before our entrees were brought to us. We ended up eating our entrée before the appetizer. The waiter should have checked to see the progress of our entrée and not just brought the appetizer so soon before the main course. He should have taken the appetizer off of our bill. Then my companion's steak was raw in the middle. At least he had the appetizer to eat while he was waiting for it to be cooked more.
- Delicious healthy foodA123VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were thrilled by the extensive selection of gourmet gluten free items. The innovative entrees come with a healthy portion of deliciously prepared fresh vegetables and grains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedRonnieDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is closing at the end of the year, and it shows. Food quality was bad, service was slow, and the food items were not cooked. Many had to be sent back. Skip this one.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014Food was creative and excellent. Service did not match the food- the waiter could barely be bothered to describe any of the dishes: i.e. melon soup is "cantaloupe and honeydew". That's it?? Fig appetizer- "it's not a salad- it's mostly figs". OK. Long waits between courses with an empty restaurant; long wait to get the dessert menu...luckily we were with friends and happy to chat. We've been to The Fireplace before and had much better experiences so we will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- jessicamDined on 7/27/2014The sound was a little bit off and it was hard to talk to each other during our meal. Several people in my group loves egg Benedict and were very happy with both the lobster and salmon egg's Benedict. Definitely will come back here for brunch.Special Features:
- First TimeInNOLAtoEatDined on 7/26/2014The staff was fantastic and personable. We sat at a great table and the drinks were great. Loved the cheese plate and all the options. The rest of our food (apps and entrees was delicious flavor wise but found that the sides were either undercooked or under seasoned. Each protein was perfectly prepared. Will go back to try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ckyleDined on 7/26/2014Whenever my mom comes into town we always come here, such a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegence in Blue JeansJackDined on 7/25/2014Our experience at the Fire Place was unexpectedly wonderful. Our visit was due to a celebration and we were celebrated by the waitstaff, the waiter, in particular, Peter, as well as, the house staff as they generously prepared our gluten free food as requested. Peter knew the menu, the gluten free possibilities and did so with out my having to sacrifice anything on the menu. The Peach Salad....a visit to Georgia in my mind....the Scallops tender and generous in portion as was the Lobster. The desert...chocolate lava cake finished our palate for the evening with the grace of molten lava streaming down our appetites. We will return and brig other friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in BrooklinehappydinerVIPDined on 7/21/2014Visionary chef/owner Jim Solomon continues to adapt and refine his stellar menu. In addition, he is charismatic and welcomingbeyond compare. On a recent Monday evening, he was speaking in fluent Japanese to a table of six, most of whom were guests from Japan. I don't know of any other restauranteur who combines this embrace with great talent with food. Thank you, Jim Solomon, and loyal Fireplace staff.Special Features:
- Great as usualWinniethePooDined on 7/12/2014Have been to the Fireplace many times and they never fail. Love their subtle changes in menu and the different salads and soups they come up with are great. And an added plus is their attention to people with allergies/sensitivies. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FireplaceNameDined on 7/12/2014Bartenders are great, always a wonderful place to sit at the bar and have a fantastic meal. Menu all around is wonderful and really good for omnivores and vegans alike.Special Features:
- Always greatEllenVIPDined on 7/8/2014A real 'go to' place that's always fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- Must gorbtwo4Dined on 7/7/2014The service, food, dessert was all outstanding. I would definitely come again if I'm in the Boston area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwayschocolatefoodDined on 7/6/2014We have always had excellent food and service at the Fireplace, and this experience was no different. We enjoyed a really terrific meal, in a comfortable setting with our adult family of 4. The servers are always kind and accomodating, the cocktails are always excellent, and my parents always leave very happy indeed.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday brunchSundaybruncherDined on 6/29/2014We always enjoy going for Sunday brunch here. The menu is great and we like that they have gluten free options. We were just there last weekend with our one year old and friends with an either month old and they are very kid friendly! Our babies loved the waitstaff, the bread and scrambled eggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinnerHelenLouDined on 6/27/2014Our server, Allison, made a birthday dinner celebration memorable with attentive service. Unique and fresh entrees.Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantWinniethePooDined on 6/15/2014Cannot say enough about the Fireplace. Whether you are going for brunch (try the almond pancakes), lunch (best grassfed burger), or dinner (best lobster Mac and cheese). They accomodate gluten free as well as any other allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always pleasantHowieSSVIPDined on 6/15/2014We have enjoyed meals at fireplace for the past 10 years. The menu changes offering interesting new items, the meal is well prepared, and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but did not meet expectationsf00dieDined on 6/15/2014This was my first time to the Fireplace for brunch. I had been a few times before for dinner but not recently. I had wonderful memories of my dining experiences at the Fireplace - every dinner I had there was exceptional. I'm not sure if they have made any big changes since then, but brunch did not quite meet my expectations. It was still very nice and the food was good, but definitely not on par with what I had remembered.
- lovely lunchRozzieDined on 6/10/2014My friend and I enjoyed salads and iced tea/lemonade. The salads were both crispy and tasty - the waiter was very attentive. A very delicious and pleasant lunch experience.Special Features: