The Firehouse Restaurant
1112 Second St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.firehouseoldsac.com/
- Phone: 9164424772x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deneb Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The Firehouse presents a 7-Course Winemaker Dinner featuring exceptional wineries every other month for $145-175 per person. In addition, The Firehouse hosts a weekly wine tasting every Tuesday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for $10 per person. Each weekly tasting features a different theme. Please call the restaurant for more details about these events. Wine Events Contact: Mario Ortiz 442-4772
- Special Events: The Firehouse Restaurant is known throughout the Sacramento region for our dedicated special events department, and is host to a variety of events. The Firehouse is known as the premier wedding site in Sacramento.
- Cross Street: K & L
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located one block over on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, foursquare, Yelp or Twitter with your smartphone and receive free valet parking with check-in. Show your phone to the server. Valid only with food purchase and during valet hours (11:30am-2:00pm and 4:30pm-9:00pm).
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The splendid ambiance of The Firehouse is enhanced by its reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. The most award-winning restaurant in Sacramento, The Firehouse has earned the "Best of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine for 12 consecutive years and was voted "Best Wine List" - Best of Sacramento. The Firehouse has been rated as Zagat's Top 100, and has also been the recipient of the "Award of Unique Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
255 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (209)romantic (188)notable wine list (150)fit for foodies (139)great for outdoor dining (81)great for lunch (51)good for groups (47)neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (19)scenic view (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (10)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- First-rate dining destination.CinaVIPDined on 10/21/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at The Firehouse. The service and food are excellent, and the menu changes on a seasonal basis.Special Features:
- Love the firehouse.AntonyfromGoldRiverDined on 10/21/2014Always a great place to have a quiet lunch with my girlfriend. Salad was excellent, the soup outstanding and as always the fish tacos are probably the best downtown. I do wish they would do an ahi or halibut taco. Loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent place for a Biz LunchJamesVIPDined on 10/21/2014Lunch is served on the patio or adjacent patio view space with floor to ceiling windows. Food and service is 5 Star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Amazing food, great ambiance, and even better service. It is a great restaurant for a romantic dinner for two. Each plate is so well thought out and every flavor accentuates its accompanying ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The Firehouse was elegant and the service and food were exceptional. The prices were higher than I've ever paid before but were worth it. Everything was first rate and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent overall experiencePatrickVIPDined on 10/16/2014we showed up with 19 people and the staff handled this unexpected group expertly. Food was excellent. Service spot on and friendly. Little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our 4th anniversary dinner was here at Firehouse Restaurant. It was the first time either of us had been here. Everything here is excellent. We arrived early for our reservation, so we sat at the bar. Jim, the bartender, was wonderful. He made drinks for us that weren't on the menu and they tasted better than most drinks. The food and service was top notch. I ordered the filet mignon. It was the best steak I've ever had! I would highly recommend the Firehouse Restaurant.Special Features:
- Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We went for our 5 yr. anniversary and had heard really great things. The dessert was delicious but none of the other 4 courses (we did the chef special) wowed us. We're not picky foodies either, but just not overly impressed.Special Features:
- Best Romantic Dinner ExperienceEveNJayDined on 10/15/2014We went to celebrate our 11 year anniversary and we felt in love we the restaurant. Best everything ever. If you don mind pays little more than a normal restaurant this is the place to go. You definitely get what you pay for and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gastronomic and Historical Gem1hotgolferDined on 10/14/2014A friend and I celebrated a upturn in events in her life with lunch, and the Firehouse was the perfect choice. From the greeting by the young man behind the bar, thru lunch...the Pork Belly w/sweet and sour pears and sesame seed crust, Steakhouse Burger with horseradish cheese and sautéed mushrooms on a brioche bun, and the Apple and Brie Ribeye Steak Sandwich w/caramelized apple chutney and watercress served on grilled focaccia...to paying the bill, it was an incredible experience. Neither of us had ever tasted a better steak sandwich, and the burger was outstanding. The next day, I checked my contact list on my cell looking for another friend with whom to enjoy lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceUnhappydinersDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I have chosen The Firehouse for special occasions numerous times. However, we had a very unfortunate experience when paying our bill on Sunday, October 12th. To make a very long story short, our waiter charged our Visa debit card for someone else's meal & after my husband signed off on our correct amount. We discovered the error when we returned home that night & called right away. The unfortunate thing is that the night manager couldn't really explain how the error could have happened and a subsequent call to his manager yesterday only made the mistake more confusing. An owner spoke to my husband today & assured him that the error was corrected. However, the over-charged amount is still pending & deducted from our bank acct.Special Features:
- MEaster542Dined on 10/11/2014Has become a go to place for us. Wonderful Food. Great ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FirehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/10/2014Good restaurant, but didn't live up to it's reputationSpecial Features:
- jam1VIPDined on 10/9/2014As usual, the service and food were outstanding and is the reason we continue to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/8/2014I cant find anything wrong with this restaurant. Food and service that they provided were excellent!Special Features:
- Very disapointingtravelerDined on 10/5/2014From the time that we walked in and the hostess said we were the birthday party(it was to be a surprise) to the very poor service and continuing to the valet service this was not a good experience. The waiter took away menus before we ordered, failed to deliver an ordered drink, and did not greet us. The fish special was not great. He also described the special that was wrong, or the kitchen made it differently than represented. The food deliver person was mixed up on who got which dish. Service was very unpolished and this should not occur with a restaurant of the Firehouse's claimed quality.
- An Amazing Experience!IraLivorDined on 10/5/2014Easily one of the best meals I've ever tasted, if not thee best. The chief had even thrown in a couple of extra, free tasty treats to accompany our meal. Our waiter was excellently informed and helped us choose a perfect bottle of white wine to pair with our food. He earned every cent of his $40 tip.Special Features:
- Another fabulous experienceDaivsgirlDined on 10/4/2014The Firehouse is the "go-to" place for top-notch service and food. Yes, it is expensive, but soooooo worth it. The Steak Delmonico was OUTSTANDING and the wine that our server paired with it was perfect, and not the most expensive on the list.Special Features:
- The tomato bisque was amazing!Mcorn91Dined on 10/3/2014Went for my anniversary and it's was amazing! The tomato bisque and Creme brûlée were to die for! Definitely a special occasion restaurant because it is very pricy but worth it! They bring the food out super fast and bring you palette cleansers like lemon cucumber sorbet in between courses. I would recommend the getting the dinner for 2 because you get more bang for you buck it comes with an appetizer, filet mignon and a desert which I would highly recommend the Creme brûlée I couldn't stop eating it and I don't even like sweets that much. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the Best in the AreaOpineMindedDined on 10/3/2014Everything was outstanding. No weak points anywhere in our experience. Quick to get our table; prompt, attentive service; everything from the bread to entrees to dessert was 5 stars. One of the best dining experiences in my 9 years of living here. Rare for the Sacramento area. We strongly recommend the Firehouse if you are looking for elegance and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Add Firehouse to your bucket listCindyluDined on 10/1/2014We have wanted to go to the Firehouse for sometime. We finally made online reservations to go and everything was perfect. From the moment we walked in. The service, food and ambiance was a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fire HouseTenorBillDined on 9/30/2014I think they try a little too hard to make their selections different, but never-the-less the food is really good. The service was attentive but it did take two hours. The wine list is intimidating in length. How many people can make any sense out of three full pages of Silver Oak Cabernet?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remains OutstandingHeathDined on 9/29/2014Four of us had lunch at 1:00 pm in the outdoor patio and both the service and food were outstanding. The salads were crisp and the meat tender. We will continue to enjoy talking with friends over a great meal at the Firehouse.Special Features:
- Upscale PlaceUpscalePlaceDined on 9/28/2014Very nice white tablecloth place to take someone for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night LoversOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014What a delightful evening. My husband and I were celebrating a business deal and wants to have a nice overnight getaway. The Firehouse Chef's menu for two caught our eye as we perused restaurant in OK Sac. So, glad we stumbled across it. Food was wonderful, service very attentive and when I didn't care for one of the wine parings our waiter wasted no time in bringing us one more to our liking. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firehouse is Superb !BrieDined on 9/26/2014I brought my Niece to Firehouse to celebrate her 22 nd birthday but I feel like we both were celebrated at this establishment. From the moment we walked in the atmosphere was sophisticated and elegant. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. Our server was very friendly and informative about each course we had. We enjoyed a three course dinner plus dessert and there wasn't one thing that was not absolutely incredible. My niece and I both do not like mayonnaise but we both enjoyed the crabcake, she doesn't like avocado and I do not like tomatoes. However, we both enjoy both in the dishes that contained them. But the highlight of the evening had to be the Pork Belly! It is a must for anyone to try and don't forget the desserts!!! FANTASTIC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lynch settingLyndaDined on 9/26/2014The patio was a perfect spot to celebrate my aunt's 77 birthday. Good was fabulous and service a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business meetingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014They have a beautiful patio that is perfect when the weather is good. The patio is large enough to separate are business group from the buzz of the other tables. Great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowJayneDined on 9/24/2014Everything was FANTASTIC! We've been going to the Firehouse since it opened in the 60s... Our latest dinner was probably one if the best And for a Wednesday nite it was packed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectKCalVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything about The Firehouse is perfect, the exquisite service, the delicious food, the beautiful courtyard seating area and the overall feel of the place. The cheese plate, heirloom tomato and mozzarella stack, the fruti de mare, the filet, the steak delmonico and the creme brulee were our dishes and all were perfect. Give the half-off wine list a look as well, you can find great wines to try at prices you would pay in a store, or less.Special Features:
- Nice but pricyBatmanDined on 9/22/2014This is the second time I have gone to the Firehouse. Reservations were simple through the opentable.com site and I entered under "special information" that it was our 40th wedding anniversary dinner-- but on arrival they simply said "happy anniversary" not even a flower on the table or special desert Anyway- as to the food, it was OK but not worth $156 for two meals with only one $12 drink. A very small crème brulee was $9.50. The server David was nice and when I asked him to validate our parking he said it wasn't necessary and pointed out I could get complimentary parking if I made a facebook entry - nice touch and I saved a couple of bucks. Probably won't return due to the price point, however.Special Features:
- Good for special occasionElShrimpDined on 9/22/2014The Frirehouse Is a well known restaurant in Sacramento. Located in Old Sacramento, it also has old feel, decor yet upscale. It's a good place to celebrate an anniversary, birthday or any other special occasion. The food is good, although a bit high in price in my opinion. Nice setting, friendly wait staff. I chose the filet it was very good, as well as their appetizer sampler. I was also pleasantly surprised they have us a complimentary dessert(crem brule with mixed berrys) for celebrating our anniversary. Give the place a try, or celebrate something like many others seemed to be doing that night. It's worth a visit for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceComieRedStarDined on 9/21/2014Just book a time and go eat. then, you'll understand how amazing this place is.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACEKimberlyDined on 9/20/2014MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TO THE FIREHOUSE SEVERAL TIMES. WE WENT THIS TIME TO CELEBRATE OUR 10 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. IT WAS SPECTACULAR AS ALWAYS. TOP NOTCH SERVICE! TOP NOTCH FOOD!Special Features:
- Great tasting menuBritishfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely meal at the Firehouse as a honeymoon treat. The service was excellent-our waitress knew everything about the menu and made helpful suggestions. The food was delicious and it was great that it was all locally sourced. Perhaps the only downside was that there was too much of it-for a tasting menu some of the portion sizes were very big and we ended up having to leave a fair bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in sacramentoErikBDined on 9/18/2014So took the gal out for a nice romantic dinner on a thursday night. We came in and were immediately welcomed and seated, the manager approached us and served our drinks, very good too (great bartender). We ordered the roasted duck with succotash and she got the filet with a potato cake (absolutely amazing). We definitely will be coming back $180 with drinks and a good tip. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Food and service were outstanding. One of the best steaks I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as it getsgbiggerDined on 9/18/2014Was a wonderful experience with food over the top, warm friendly and professional service in the perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeqpjwDined on 9/16/2014The food and service were very good. The restaurant staff and the waiter were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was very good from the appetizers to the dessert. The servers and waiters were friendly and knowledgeable on the menu. I would recommend the Firehouse Restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.