The Firehouse Restaurant
1112 Second St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.firehouseoldsac.com/
- Phone: 9164424772x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deneb Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The Firehouse presents a 7-Course Winemaker Dinner featuring exceptional wineries every other month for $145-175 per person. In addition, The Firehouse hosts a weekly wine tasting every Tuesday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for $10 per person. Each weekly tasting features a different theme. Please call the restaurant for more details about these events. Wine Events Contact: Mario Ortiz 442-4772
- Special Events: The Firehouse Restaurant is known throughout the Sacramento region for our dedicated special events department, and is host to a variety of events. The Firehouse is known as the premier wedding site in Sacramento.
- Cross Street: K & L
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located one block over on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, foursquare, Yelp or Twitter with your smartphone and receive free valet parking with check-in. Show your phone to the server. Valid only with food purchase and during valet hours (11:30am-2:00pm and 4:30pm-9:00pm).
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The splendid ambiance of The Firehouse is enhanced by its reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. The most award-winning restaurant in Sacramento, The Firehouse has earned the "Best of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine for 12 consecutive years and was voted "Best Wine List" - Best of Sacramento. The Firehouse has been rated as Zagat's Top 100, and has also been the recipient of the "Award of Unique Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
261 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (213)romantic (182)notable wine list (140)fit for foodies (128)great for outdoor dining (84)great for lunch (51)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (39)great for brunch (29)scenic view (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)Show More
- Delicious! One of a kind dishes!TKOPDined on 8/29/2014Loved every course of the meal. Very delicious! Very well done. Even the Chocolate Mousse was excellent with coffee at the end. It was wonderful dark chocolate with raspberry tart to make it just a little better along with raspberry sorbet.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationTharrisDined on 8/29/2014I was extremely impressed by the service...David was our server. The food was exquisite! The portions were large so we followed our servers suggestion to share some of our orders. We were very happy and plan to return one day soon. It was our anniversary and going here made it extra special.Special Features:
- Good tasting food/ very pricey2ofusDined on 8/27/2014We had a good diner. The food had good taste but the price was through the roof.Special Features:
- FoodtasticHard2pleaseDined on 8/26/2014Start to finish was excellent and best supporting wine list we have seen in Sacramento area. Interesting sauces complimented the entries wonderfully and staff was knowledgeable & attentive.Special Features:
- wonderfulfrekwentdinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014As always, the food here was incredible. Our server was inattentive and low energy, but her helpers were great. Our dessert was amazing. So worth the calories! Best bread is at the Firehouse. I had a great swordfish dish. It was the special of the day.Special Features:
- Best of SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014A must place to go for a anniversary, proposal, etc.. Romantic, excellent device, fabulous food.Special Features:
- GOOD EXPERIENCE EXCEPTOuiniVIPDined on 8/23/2014FIREHOUSE HAS VERY GOOD FOOD AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE STAFF - THE ONLY ISSSUE IS THE SEATING..WE WERE PLACED AT A TABLE FOR TWO NEXT TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE DOOR TO THE SMALL, SEMI-PRIVATE ROOM . THE TABLE WAS PLACED next to A HUGH MIRROW CREATED A LITERAL HAZZARD - HEAD MOVEMENT RAN RISK OF IMPACTING THE FRAME THE FRAME STUCK OUT SEVERAL INCHES IN FACT THERE WERE TWO TABLES CRAMMED AGAINST THE WALL SEEMS LIKE MANAGEMENT WANTED TO GET AS MANY TABLES AS POSSIBLE INTO THE ROOM - THAT'S "OK" IF THE PLACEMENT DOES NOT ADVERSELY IMPACT THE DINING EXPERIENCE - WHICH IT DID...WITH PRICES AS HIGH AS THESE AND PROBABLY JUSTIFIED BY THE FOOD, SERVICE AND [POTENTIAL] AMBIANCE..THE CRAMMING OF TABLES SHOULD BE AVOIDEDSpecial Features:
- Still my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I love the Firehouse Restaurant! It is a Sacramento gem. We had the dinner for two and everything was perfect. So flavorful from the soup and salad right through to the final course. I highly recommend the Firehouse for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Great for Special Celebrationschecho4Dined on 8/21/2014The ambiance is upscale and romantic, the food and wine pair incredibly well together, the service is prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSteveDined on 8/21/2014Entrees were disappointing; salmon dish way too salty and needless complicated. Portions too large which increased the price. Soufle was excellent. I would try different place next time.
- Firehouse FabnordigirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always the perfect place for a fabulous dinner. Food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- YummyQueenDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed the food very much...lots of flavor, excellent choices, really yummy vegetarian dish offered as well. I've eaten there for lunch out in the garden as well. Although it us gorgeous inside, it does feel a bit dark. I was surprised that for an early Thursday dinner, service was just a bit slow but it did not upset the experience whatsoever. Really yummy! I'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 8/19/2014Outdoor patio is wonderful for outdoor lunching in Sacramento. Their Mon-Wed lunch specials are a real deal, and they give you a coupon for parking (if you are in a City garage)Special Features:
- awesome lunchfrekwentdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014What a beautiful garden setting for lunch. And the food was AMAZING. I have to say, that for dessert we had rocky road semifreddo which is like softly frozen chocolate whipped cream. I would go back just for that! Best lunch in Northern California, hands down.Special Features:
- We love The Firehouse!!!DianaDined on 8/18/2014A friend and I had lunch at The Firehouse on Monday 8-18. We were pleased to see that they offer a light lunch menu. We both had the steak sandwich and salad. The salad was so big that we both couldn't eat our sandwiches so they boxed them up for us to take home. The food was delicious, the best I've ever had. We got a more delicious lunch at a lower price than if we had gone to the Olive Garden! The service is superior and the ambiance is beautiful. Highly recommend The Firehouse.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!TheHappyTipperDined on 8/17/2014We have been coming to the Firehouse for many years and the food, service and atmosphere are always excellent. Unfortunately, it is so pricey that we can't afford to dine there often. Amazing, but mostly unaffordable wine list. Great for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tasting menuJimCDined on 8/17/2014The tasting menu was fabulous (though pricy!). Each course was amazing but if you're not a big eater you should pace yourself - we could only finish half of the desert! My wife said this was better than Chez Pannise.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinner houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed celebrating our 34-yr anniversary at the Firehouse restaurant. As mentioned to our waiter, we got engaged at the Firehouse and it has since been a very special place to celebrate after all those years. We have always enjoyed their drinks but especially their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My husband & I enjoy going here for a night out without the children. The food is great. The service is good. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseJohnCDined on 8/16/2014Very nice old world dining room with new & unusual menu items. Excellent service without being stuffy. Located in "Old Sacramento" which is a tourist trap. The restaurant is nothing like it's surroundings.Special Features:
- the bees kneeskeriann32Dined on 8/15/2014This place is wonderful! great food, excellent service. They were so attentive to our needs, and made our 15 year anniversary dinner so special.....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014The Filet was done perfect and we loved the chocolate raspberry dessert with Happy Anniversary written on the plate in chocolate. The service was wonderful and food was delicious. Its expensive so we only come here for a special occasion or if its a company dinner! May try the happy hour sometime though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ButtercupDined on 8/13/2014The service and the food were outstanding. The ambience is what really sets this apart from any other resturant. It has an elegant atmosphere with a touch of class from what I can only imagine how the Rat Pack used to dine. Hands down, the best resturant in Old Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch DateGoodlunch42Dined on 8/13/2014A very nice ambience. We sat outside and the weather was perfect. Menu was well balanced and showed creativity and flare. The only issue was that I told the waiter that I couldn't each blue cheese, so please substitute the blue cheese dressing for the mustard vinaigrette. When I received my salad, the salad had blue cheese on it. Though, I had only told the waiter to substitute the dressing, he should have anticipated that I would not want blue cheese on my salad as well. I had to send my salad back to have the blue cheese removed. They took the blue cheese off and used feta, but I could still taste the blue cheese. The salad should have been remade, not just the blue cheese picked off of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our anniversary dinnerjandjDined on 8/12/2014My husband and I had our anniversary dinner at The Firehouse. We chose the Tasting Menu with wine pairings. It was absolutely amazing! We were not rushed in the least. The courses came at a leisurely pace and each and everyone was delicious as were the accompanying wines. Our son is turning 40 this year and we plan to take him and his wife there for this event. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was perfect; dimly lit, but not too dark, quiet and easy to talk to one another. I recommend this restaurant for anyone want to celebrate a special occasion and I particularly recommend going with the Tasting Menu!Special Features:
- Great Site for a Relaxed LunchGRevDined on 8/12/2014It is easy to forget how special the Firehouse Restaurant courtyard is. It is one of the best places in Sacramento to enjoy a long relaxed lunch. The food and ambience is outstanding. The service is friendly and professional. The combination is hard to beat.Special Features:
- Amazing kid free night outsdliptonDined on 8/9/2014Wife and I were looking for a kid free dinner out and remembered Firehouse. Soo glad we did. Great bar service especially from Jim. Our table was close to the front of the restaurant so that wasn't ideal but otherwise an amazing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceGregDined on 8/8/2014First time dining at Firehouse. The food was wonderful. The staff's level of professionalism and attention to detail were impeccable. I'm sure we will return to this restaurant many times over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still a special placeRobbDined on 8/8/2014For all the changes inn Sacramento and the tackiness of old Old Sac the Firehouse is an oasis. The Louie was wonderful , the outdoor seating for lunch was perfect, the servers attentive. Am so happy that The Firehouse has retained all it's charm and ambiance.Special Features:
- had to wait for food to longBeliyDined on 8/7/2014had to wait for food to long in between dishes.Asked for well done meat came in pink when was redone was to burned to eat :(Special Features:
- FantasticDineout1Dined on 8/7/2014The dinner, ambiance, and service were fantastic. Will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Diningwolfman55Dined on 8/6/2014Last minute decision to take my wife out for a birthday dinner and found the Firehouse very easy to get a great reservation at prime time dinner hour. Easy parking with valet and food was first class. Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Best Filet Mignon EverCarolDined on 8/3/2014Two in our party of four enjoyed Filet Mignon and agreed it was the most flavorful and tender steak in our combined 92 years of life. The Thai Scallops and Lamb were also delicious. We recommend the cheese platter with honey and apricots as an appetizer. Our waiter was knowledgeable and pleasant. Every staff member greeted us warmly. We will return for a future night of celebration.Special Features:
- Amazing !!BestfoodeverDined on 8/2/2014We took a chance driving 90 min . To our delight the most amazing food I've had .. Better the Gordon Ramsey's in Las Vegas..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014This was my fist time at The Firehouse & I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great EveningEnjoyfinefoodsDined on 8/2/2014I enjoyed the restaurant the service was good the food was great but the time in the restaurant with my guest the best (seating arrangement )Special Features:
- Would not recommendWouldNotDineHereDined on 8/1/2014Date night Friday for us, ordered the $50/person meal that covers starters through to dessert. We ordered steaks medium well, and shared a lobster tail between us. All arrived cold, lobster tail not cooked all the way through. Service was fair, and waiter forgot about our food. Food arrived cold and the best part of the dinner was the soup and the salad. Notified waiter of bad food and he gave us 25% off coupons for next time, and said the chef and managers were embarrassed by their performance. The chef and manager did not have time to come by and talk to us. Why would come back to use the 25% off coupon? I wouldn't. The coupon was embarrassing to us. This place is over priced for what they deliver
- My RatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014I'ts one of my favorite restaurants and has been for years. My son in his job travels the world and eats in some of the finest places and rates the Fire House in his top 3.Special Features:
- Firehouse Patio Always a TreatLanieDined on 7/29/2014Lunch at the Firehouse on their beautiful patio is always a treat saved for special occasions. I took my friend for her birthday and we had a delicious risotto t). The service is always friendly and great.Special Features:
- Impeccable dining experienceNotEasilyImpressedDined on 7/26/2014We've always wanted to try this restaurant since moving here 3 years ago. I must say, it was the best dining experience I have EVER had ANYWHERE! The staff was attentive without being intrusive. The food was amazing, every course. Totally impressed by the restaurant. The way fine dining should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.