The Firehouse Restaurant
1112 Second St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.firehouseoldsac.com/
- Phone: 9164424772x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deneb Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The Firehouse presents a 7-Course Winemaker Dinner featuring exceptional wineries every other month for $145-175 per person. In addition, The Firehouse hosts a weekly wine tasting every Tuesday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for $10 per person. Each weekly tasting features a different theme. Please call the restaurant for more details about these events. Wine Events Contact: Mario Ortiz 442-4772
- Special Events: The Firehouse Restaurant is known throughout the Sacramento region for our dedicated special events department, and is host to a variety of events. The Firehouse is known as the premier wedding site in Sacramento.
- Cross Street: K & L
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located one block over on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, foursquare, Yelp or Twitter with your smartphone and receive free valet parking with check-in. Show your phone to the server. Valid only with food purchase and during valet hours (11:30am-2:00pm and 4:30pm-9:00pm).
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The splendid ambiance of The Firehouse is enhanced by its reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. The most award-winning restaurant in Sacramento, The Firehouse has earned the "Best of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine for 12 consecutive years and was voted "Best Wine List" - Best of Sacramento. The Firehouse has been rated as Zagat's Top 100, and has also been the recipient of the "Award of Unique Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
271 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)romantic (193)notable wine list (153)fit for foodies (135)great for outdoor dining (89)great for lunch (56)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (46)great for brunch (23)scenic view (16)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- LOVE THIS PLACEKimberlyDined on 9/20/2014MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BEEN TO THE FIREHOUSE SEVERAL TIMES. WE WENT THIS TIME TO CELEBRATE OUR 10 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. IT WAS SPECTACULAR AS ALWAYS. TOP NOTCH SERVICE! TOP NOTCH FOOD!Special Features:
- Great tasting menuBritishfoodieDined on 9/19/2014We had a lovely meal at the Firehouse as a honeymoon treat. The service was excellent-our waitress knew everything about the menu and made helpful suggestions. The food was delicious and it was great that it was all locally sourced. Perhaps the only downside was that there was too much of it-for a tasting menu some of the portion sizes were very big and we ended up having to leave a fair bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place in sacramentoErikBDined on 9/18/2014So took the gal out for a nice romantic dinner on a thursday night. We came in and were immediately welcomed and seated, the manager approached us and served our drinks, very good too (great bartender). We ordered the roasted duck with succotash and she got the filet with a potato cake (absolutely amazing). We definitely will be coming back $180 with drinks and a good tip. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Food and service were outstanding. One of the best steaks I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as good as it getsgbiggerDined on 9/18/2014Was a wonderful experience with food over the top, warm friendly and professional service in the perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeqpjwDined on 9/16/2014The food and service were very good. The restaurant staff and the waiter were very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014The food was very good from the appetizers to the dessert. The servers and waiters were friendly and knowledgeable on the menu. I would recommend the Firehouse Restaurant to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My husband and I just celebrated our 16th wedding anniversary last Friday. The Firehouse was the place of our very first date 26 years ago. It was wonderful back then and even more so now. We had a terrific time, the food was outstanding and the service was the best! We'll keep coming back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I had a couple of longtime friends visiting from Houston, TX and Lafayatte, CA--having several favorite restaurants in Sacramento, my husband and I decided to take them to the Firehouse on Friday night--We were a party of 6...we arrived at 6pm and two of our friends were there ahead of us, and told us that we were going to be dining in one of the private rooms downstairs! Sean was our server (we had Sean the last time we were there) The private room was fabulous! Our food throughout the night did not disappoint...not sure why we had the pleasure of the private room, but it sure did impress our out of town guests!Special Features:
- Perfect lunch at The FirehouseDianaVIPDined on 9/12/2014A group of 6 of us met for lunch at The Firehouse. The service is better than any other restaurant that I've been to. The waiter was knowledgable and personable. The ambiance is outstanding and the food was beyond outstanding. I had the brea, apple and steak sandwich and I loved it. Others ordered the special (fish), a chicken dish and the Cobb Salad. We were all very happy with our choices. I highly recommend The Firehouse, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Don't Miss this treasurenordigirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014The Firehouse is always fabulous. Nice thing, you can order Chateaubriand for one....nice touch. Excellent consistently.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Our dinner was for two family birthdays and the restaurant was more than up to a special occasion. The chateaubriand dinner for two was shared by all three couples and the food was truly delicious. Service was superb and the extra palate-cleansing courses were an unexpected pleasure. I highly reccommend The Firehouse for a wonderful meal beautifully served!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything is perfect!SparkysMomDined on 9/6/2014From the ambiance to the service to the food, everything is qualitatively above anything else in the Sacramento area, perhaps in all the world.Special Features:
- HtothePDined on 9/6/2014We went to the Firehouse for a prior visit about one year ago, and were very pleased to find that one year later, the quality of the food and service is still of the highest order.Special Features:
- Great foodworldtravelerDined on 9/6/2014Clever use of ingrediens makes for surprises and bursts of flavour in each mouthfull. Can recomend the updated louissalad, its to die for! The winelist is great and varied to supplement the food, and prices are resonable for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Experiencecj24Dined on 9/5/2014My wife and I went, on this occasion, to celebrate her birthday. We had a wonderful experience. The menu was exactly what I had hoped for, the food was excellent, the service was impeccable, the atmosphere was just right. There was nothing I could complain about. We had made a reservation and arrived early, but were seated promptly and ordered drinks from the bar. It was relaxing and we never felt rushed. As I stated already the food was excellent and the preparation was excellent. We took our time enjoying the evening.Special Features:
- See you againJillazarDined on 9/3/2014My inlaws took us to dinner our last night in town visiting, and this was an amazing time! Food was phenomenal! Wine list was beautiful, and of course my company was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Amazing ExperienceFoodieLadyDined on 9/3/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at The Firehouse and it was a fabulous experience, to say the least!!! We chose to do the five course Chefs Tasting menu. We started with a composed seafood salad, followed with tomato bisque, then with Salmon with fingerlings, then a Filet Mignon with a fig sauce, and finished with apricot cheesecake. Each course was expertly prepared and presented. (Note: our filet mignons were fork tender and better than Ruth's Chris) Our waitperson, Dynice, was knowledgeable, attentive but well paced and had a good sense of humor. We had one of the best tables in the restaurant and were treated like royalty. Need I say more?Special Features:
- A true treat!QuackQuaackDined on 9/3/2014Hard to believe over twenty years had passed since we visited the Firehouse! It is still a delightful restaurant for great food, lovely atmosphere and fine friendly service! We visited for lunch to celebrate our anniversary, and we were so pleased we did. My wife's Light Lunch was a delicious Fish Taco and cup of Tomato Bisque soup. I devoured my Brown Derby Salad! Yum!We were thrilled that the beautiful looking desserts tasted just as good as they appeared. Wonderful! We enjoyed being seated at a lovely patio table. Our server was a friendly and professional man that made us feel very special and welcome. We will return, sooner than another twenty years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No longer a destination restaurantTommy1VIPDined on 9/3/2014Having lunch in the Firehouse courtyard used to be an experience with a lively ambiance and filled tables of "who's who" in Sacramento. Instead it has become dated and the diners were mostly seniors recalling the courtyard's glory days. Service was good, pricing of entrees a bit pricey for what you get. Firehouse needs to reinvent itself. It was a dreary experience at best.Special Features:
- anniversaryAnniversaryDined on 8/31/2014its a special occasion dinner, the food was really good and the service was preety good.Special Features:
- Delicious! One of a kind dishes!TKOPDined on 8/29/2014Loved every course of the meal. Very delicious! Very well done. Even the Chocolate Mousse was excellent with coffee at the end. It was wonderful dark chocolate with raspberry tart to make it just a little better along with raspberry sorbet.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationTharrisDined on 8/29/2014I was extremely impressed by the service...David was our server. The food was exquisite! The portions were large so we followed our servers suggestion to share some of our orders. We were very happy and plan to return one day soon. It was our anniversary and going here made it extra special.Special Features:
- Good tasting food/ very pricey2ofusDined on 8/27/2014We had a good diner. The food had good taste but the price was through the roof.Special Features:
- FoodtasticHard2pleaseDined on 8/26/2014Start to finish was excellent and best supporting wine list we have seen in Sacramento area. Interesting sauces complimented the entries wonderfully and staff was knowledgeable & attentive.Special Features:
- wonderfulfrekwentdinerVIPDined on 8/25/2014As always, the food here was incredible. Our server was inattentive and low energy, but her helpers were great. Our dessert was amazing. So worth the calories! Best bread is at the Firehouse. I had a great swordfish dish. It was the special of the day.Special Features:
- Best of SacramentoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014A must place to go for a anniversary, proposal, etc.. Romantic, excellent device, fabulous food.Special Features:
- GOOD EXPERIENCE EXCEPTOuiniVIPDined on 8/23/2014FIREHOUSE HAS VERY GOOD FOOD AND PROFESSIONAL SERVICE STAFF - THE ONLY ISSSUE IS THE SEATING..WE WERE PLACED AT A TABLE FOR TWO NEXT TO THE ENTRANCE TO THE DOOR TO THE SMALL, SEMI-PRIVATE ROOM . THE TABLE WAS PLACED next to A HUGH MIRROW CREATED A LITERAL HAZZARD - HEAD MOVEMENT RAN RISK OF IMPACTING THE FRAME THE FRAME STUCK OUT SEVERAL INCHES IN FACT THERE WERE TWO TABLES CRAMMED AGAINST THE WALL SEEMS LIKE MANAGEMENT WANTED TO GET AS MANY TABLES AS POSSIBLE INTO THE ROOM - THAT'S "OK" IF THE PLACEMENT DOES NOT ADVERSELY IMPACT THE DINING EXPERIENCE - WHICH IT DID...WITH PRICES AS HIGH AS THESE AND PROBABLY JUSTIFIED BY THE FOOD, SERVICE AND [POTENTIAL] AMBIANCE..THE CRAMMING OF TABLES SHOULD BE AVOIDEDSpecial Features:
- Still my favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I love the Firehouse Restaurant! It is a Sacramento gem. We had the dinner for two and everything was perfect. So flavorful from the soup and salad right through to the final course. I highly recommend the Firehouse for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Great for Special Celebrationschecho4Dined on 8/21/2014The ambiance is upscale and romantic, the food and wine pair incredibly well together, the service is prompt and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSteveDined on 8/21/2014Entrees were disappointing; salmon dish way too salty and needless complicated. Portions too large which increased the price. Soufle was excellent. I would try different place next time.
- Firehouse FabnordigirlVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always the perfect place for a fabulous dinner. Food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- YummyQueenDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed the food very much...lots of flavor, excellent choices, really yummy vegetarian dish offered as well. I've eaten there for lunch out in the garden as well. Although it us gorgeous inside, it does feel a bit dark. I was surprised that for an early Thursday dinner, service was just a bit slow but it did not upset the experience whatsoever. Really yummy! I'll definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JasonDined on 8/19/2014Outdoor patio is wonderful for outdoor lunching in Sacramento. Their Mon-Wed lunch specials are a real deal, and they give you a coupon for parking (if you are in a City garage)Special Features:
- awesome lunchfrekwentdinerVIPDined on 8/18/2014What a beautiful garden setting for lunch. And the food was AMAZING. I have to say, that for dessert we had rocky road semifreddo which is like softly frozen chocolate whipped cream. I would go back just for that! Best lunch in Northern California, hands down.Special Features:
- We love The Firehouse!!!DianaVIPDined on 8/18/2014A friend and I had lunch at The Firehouse on Monday 8-18. We were pleased to see that they offer a light lunch menu. We both had the steak sandwich and salad. The salad was so big that we both couldn't eat our sandwiches so they boxed them up for us to take home. The food was delicious, the best I've ever had. We got a more delicious lunch at a lower price than if we had gone to the Olive Garden! The service is superior and the ambiance is beautiful. Highly recommend The Firehouse.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!TheHappyTipperDined on 8/17/2014We have been coming to the Firehouse for many years and the food, service and atmosphere are always excellent. Unfortunately, it is so pricey that we can't afford to dine there often. Amazing, but mostly unaffordable wine list. Great for a special occasion dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous tasting menuJimCDined on 8/17/2014The tasting menu was fabulous (though pricy!). Each course was amazing but if you're not a big eater you should pace yourself - we could only finish half of the desert! My wife said this was better than Chez Pannise.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinner houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed celebrating our 34-yr anniversary at the Firehouse restaurant. As mentioned to our waiter, we got engaged at the Firehouse and it has since been a very special place to celebrate after all those years. We have always enjoyed their drinks but especially their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014My husband & I enjoy going here for a night out without the children. The food is great. The service is good. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.