The Firehouse Restaurant
1112 Second St
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.firehouseoldsac.com/
- Phone: (916) 442-4772
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Happy Hour: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 6:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deneb Williams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: The Firehouse presents a 7-Course Winemaker Dinner featuring exceptional wineries every other month for $145-175 per person. In addition, The Firehouse hosts a weekly wine tasting every Tuesday from 5:30-6:30 p.m. for $10 per person. Each weekly tasting features a different theme. Please call the restaurant for more details about these events. Wine Events Contact: Mario Ortiz 442-4772
- Special Events: The Firehouse Restaurant is known throughout the Sacramento region for our dedicated special events department, and is host to a variety of events. The Firehouse is known as the premier wedding site in Sacramento.
- Cross Street: K & L
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet is available for $7 per vehicle. Street parking is also available. Two city lots are located at either end of Second Street and we validate for 2 hours at these lots. A parking garage is located one block over on L St.
Check-in on Facebook, foursquare, Yelp or Twitter with your smartphone and receive free valet parking with check-in. Show your phone to the server. Valid only with food purchase and during valet hours (11:30am-2:00pm and 4:30pm-9:00pm).
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The splendid ambiance of The Firehouse is enhanced by its reputation for excellence in food, wine and hospitality. The most award-winning restaurant in Sacramento, The Firehouse has earned the "Best of Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine for 12 consecutive years and was voted "Best Wine List" - Best of Sacramento. The Firehouse has been rated as Zagat's Top 100, and has also been the recipient of the "Award of Unique Distinction" from Wine Enthusiast magazine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
252 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (200)romantic (183)fit for foodies (145)notable wine list (142)great for outdoor dining (76)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (54)good for groups (51)great for brunch (15)hot spot (15)scenic view (15)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Food was good was less than the price valueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014Was a nice environment. The food was good but definately overstated. Would return but would not be first on my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NanaVIPDined on 11/19/2014Wonderful experience started with cheese appetizer not fond of goat cheese so another excellent cheese was substituted without question. Excellent salad choices. The steak Delmonico was cooked to our order very tender almost didn't need a knife. Delicious desserts menu hard to choose. Excellent wine menu we had brought our own. Service was excellent very comfortable atmosphere. Fairly pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/17/2014My sife and I decided to celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary with a lunch, so we could use the rest of the afternoon and evening for personal activities that didn't involve food. Our time at the Firehouse was wonderful. We were seated promptly, tended to politely and served quickly. The food was outstanding--appetizers, salads and entrees. We will definitely plan another trip to the Firehouse restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine or WineHarleyDined on 11/16/2014The atmospher is very nice for a romantic dinner for 2. The service is excellent and everyone is friendly and ready to make the dinner classy and memorable. Some of the foods were amazing, the salad was fresh and very flavorful. The chief included a few surprise tastes, in between courses, and that was fun and appreciated. The steak was cooked perfectly but the meat lacked a good steak flavor. The sauces helped but at times I got a slight, undesirable, liver flavor in the meat. The deserts were delicious, especially the chocolate desert. I also had the Somm wine flight. A Riesling, Pinot noir, and Cab Sauv. I would like to know the names and vintages of the wines, they were amazingly good! Overall, it was a nice and romantic evening. For us, it was as much as we spend for a weekend getaway and I expected a much better steak. For the money I world recommend other restaurants to our friends, unless they just want good wines and a romantic atmosphere. But for food, there are many other great values in Sacramento.Special Features:
- Wifes birthday & our anniversarySammyDined on 11/16/2014My wife & I had a great time. The food was fantastic, the customer service was wonderful, & the overall experience couldn't have gotten any better. We will definitely be back again to celebrate another special occasion. Thanks again the experience Firehouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/15/2014We had some of the best service we've had at any restaurant! From the time we walked into the door, coat check, sample of soup as a welcome to the Firehouse, sorbet between our 2nd and 3rd course to help clear the pallet, and perfectly timed service. All the food tasted amazing - especially the Filet Mignon. The steak was cooked perfectly! If I could figure out how to make the potato croquette, I would eat them all the time. I didn't save room for dessert, so I plan on heading back for a special treat soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Wedding AnniversaryJarheadDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary and Firehouse met or exceeded our expectations. Parking was convenient in a public parking building, and they also have valet parking. We plan on returning on another special occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceTonyCDined on 11/14/2014This was our first time here and I could not be more blown away! Our waiter David was beyond extraordinary. Everything he recommending was spot on correct! It made a special evening quite a bit more magical! I am already trying to find a reason to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of Sacramento's premier restaurantsSteveWVIPDined on 11/14/2014The Firehouse continues to be in the top tier of Sacramento's finest restaurants. Elegant ambiance, linen table cloths, a wine list that has been recognized as "Best in California," delicious entrees and desserts, and a professional service staff that magically appears at your table when needed but otherwise remains discretely in the shadows. My huckleberry-glazed duck was the best duck I've ever tasted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great treat for our staffVeegerDined on 11/14/2014The Firehouse Restaurant was a great find. We were in town for a convention and had almost waited too long to book a restaurant for ourselves and staff. The menu was a little vague in descriptions on the web but lots of folks seemed to like the place. We're glad we went and the chateau briand was most excellent as was the steak del monocoque and the duck. The deserts were to die for and served with the finest presentation I've ever seen---yumm. Our waiter was friendly, efficient and knew when and when not to appear. The wine list/cellar is extensive. There weren't too many bottles under $100 but it was all very good. For a nice, enjoyable celebratory or special night out, the Firehouse is a great pick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServiceMonteDined on 11/13/2014The waiter was extremely helpful and gave us great suggestions on the various courses and pairings. Additionally he was very customer focused. Also, the GM and service staff were extremely nice! To add to the experience, the food as my wife quoted was "unbelievable"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it!travelerDined on 11/13/2014Expensive, and well worth it. Firehouse Restaurant has excellent dishes, well-prepared and beautifully presented, plus an extensive wine list. It's an 'old-fashioned' white table cloth restaurant with gorgeous appointments, crystal and china, and superb service. For dinner in Sacramento, I couldn't recommend it more highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014Amazing food with great service.. Decent size menu but you really can't go wrong any of the options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/12/2014There was nothing that the staff and management didn't do to make this a perfect evening. The hostess was very accomodating, The servers were attentive and responsive right down to covering the water glasses with a splash napkin. The food was excellent and the chef come out to make sure we had a fine meal. We drove from SF to Sacto for the best meal and evening for our 20th anniversary. Words can not discribe how wonderful the Firehouse is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place for occasionsHers2Dined on 11/11/2014This was our third trip there ever and it gets better every time! It's great! Service, food, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate Birthday DinnerStellaDined on 11/11/2014I was taking a wonderful man to dinner for his birthday and The Firehouse was the perfect location. The food was extraordinary and the presentation exquisite. We were having a great conversation and not once were we interrupted during by a waiter or restaurant staff. The staff was aware that we wanted some privacy and yet, also knew when and how to serve the meal. They were pleasant and made sure we had what we needed for an intimate dinner. We also enjoyed the ambiance, from the lighting, which was low but we could still see our food, to the paintings on the wall. I was also impressed that the waiter knew the history of the building. As for the food, amazing. All courses served were delicious and served in a pleasing manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantMkentDined on 11/11/2014The food was really good. Everyone at the table liked their order. I thought the fish tacos were amazing. There were a lot of wines to choose from. A little on the expensive side but we felt it was worth it. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Second visit - Sampler to start, noting: the crab cake and steak were amazing dishes by themselves. I had the Duck entree and I was very very impressed. It was a very flavorful dish and the duck tender. I didn't think I was going to like it so much, it's the second time I've had it now! My friend had the Cajun Chicken and it was wonderful as well, reminded me of real soul food with so much flair and style. The Cajun Chicken was a comforting dish everyone is sure to love! I recommend the special desert (ordered in advance), I have yet to be disappointed with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We were given this dinner as a gift from our son and his family last Christmas and due to all kinds of things going on, we kept putting off making a reservation. After deciding to use them for our 30th Wedding Anniversary, we couldn't imagine why we waited so long! And we intend to be repeat patrons, without having a special occasion to eat here. The staff was very professional and curteous, the food was excellent and withthe additional suprises from the chef's; we enjoyed additional tastings throughout our meal. We had the Table for Two, and we highly recommend this. It's quite a bit of food, so save room for the "to die for" dessert at the end.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014This was notably the best meal we have eaten out at a restaurant, great detail on everything, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining.GossDined on 11/7/2014Service was top notch. And the food was even a notch higher. Everything we had to eat was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little DisappointedveteranthanksDined on 11/7/2014Gee, The FH has been our go to restaurant for so many years. The dew fell off the rose this time though. I paid 65 bucks for this "special" steak that is like Kobe, but not. Raised in California. It was mediocre at best. Chewy, tough. And too much fat. The demiglace was so salty I had to scrap it off. I took it home an cubed it to eat with rice. The Gnocci was swimming in grease, not butter, grease. Holly's Scallops were perfect, but her risotto looked an tasted just like rice cooked with too much water. It pains me to write this about the fabulous Firehouse. Matt Mengelkoch
- Easy Dining, Focused ServiceLivingwithInterestDined on 11/7/2014The Firehouse has a wonderful menu to serve a variety of tastes. The wine menu is extensive but a bit overpriced. The food was prepared very nicely, scallops were tender and very flavorful. The pork chop was tender, very easy to cut, and cooked to perfection. The service was pleasant and focused on our satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegance at homeWOWWDined on 11/6/2014We came for our 28th anniversary dinner from Paradise, about 150 miles one way. Once we found the door, we entered into a magical place full of wonderous paintings, HUGE mirrors, sparkle from the crystal drops on the lighting. The wait staff were all beautiful, I felt as if I were at Dounton Abbey or perhaps Hearst castle. Yet here we were in Old Town Sacramento where I remember Old Town when it was a shambles behind a chain link fence. Now, I have not seen the display of place settings that crowned each table, and was impressed that the correct pieces were placed at my fingertips by the wait staff. The food was art itself and each bite was a tribute to the chef. The Mushroom bisque melted on the tongue. Fennel, the perfect accentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patio Dining (When available)TravelerDined on 11/5/2014A well known gathering place with lots of character - In Old Town Sacramento with a great menu and, when it is available, wonderful courtyard setting. The main dining area is also pleasant, even though it can be crowded at times.Special Features:
- no regretsSusanDined on 10/27/2014Went for a special occasion dinner for 2 and did the 5 course chef's tasting menu with wine pairings. Everything was impeccable. Fantastic food, excellent service, etc. Would certainly do it again for a special occasion.... but at the price (>$100 per person for meal and pairings) it's not an everyday kind of place.Special Features:
- First time...JamesWDined on 10/25/2014We were a little early so we grabbed a drink at bar and bartenders very friendly and accommodating. Made my wife a martini from off the menu which she found excellent. Was seated and server was very good. Attentive and knowledgeable. Food was excellent. The ambiance was a little different than I expected being much brighter and tables closer but overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Such a delicious lunch!!!DianaVIPDined on 10/24/2014A group of 6 of us got together and had lunch at the Firehouse. The menu changed so most of us tried the chicken with macaroni and cheese on a biscuit. Yummy!!! We all agreed you can't go wrong with chicken, mac & cheese and a biscuit. The Firehouse has the best service and we love Kordt! We couldn't leave without sharing a couple of desserts. The apple pie with ice cream is new to the menu and it was delicious. The creme brûlée is always such a treat. We will all get together and return to the Firehouse next month because it's the best place in town!
- First-rate dining destination.CinaVIPDined on 10/21/2014It's always a pleasure to dine at The Firehouse. The service and food are excellent, and the menu changes on a seasonal basis.Special Features:
- Love the firehouse.AntonyfromGoldRiverDined on 10/21/2014Always a great place to have a quiet lunch with my girlfriend. Salad was excellent, the soup outstanding and as always the fish tacos are probably the best downtown. I do wish they would do an ahi or halibut taco. Loved it.Special Features:
- Excellent place for a Biz LunchJamesVIPDined on 10/21/2014Lunch is served on the patio or adjacent patio view space with floor to ceiling windows. Food and service is 5 Star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Amazing food, great ambiance, and even better service. It is a great restaurant for a romantic dinner for two. Each plate is so well thought out and every flavor accentuates its accompanying ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the priceWayneTHDined on 10/16/2014The Firehouse was elegant and the service and food were exceptional. The prices were higher than I've ever paid before but were worth it. Everything was first rate and excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excelent overall experiencePatrickVIPDined on 10/16/2014we showed up with 19 people and the staff handled this unexpected group expertly. Food was excellent. Service spot on and friendly. Little pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Our 4th anniversary dinner was here at Firehouse Restaurant. It was the first time either of us had been here. Everything here is excellent. We arrived early for our reservation, so we sat at the bar. Jim, the bartender, was wonderful. He made drinks for us that weren't on the menu and they tasted better than most drinks. The food and service was top notch. I ordered the filet mignon. It was the best steak I've ever had! I would highly recommend the Firehouse Restaurant.Special Features:
- Let DownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We went for our 5 yr. anniversary and had heard really great things. The dessert was delicious but none of the other 4 courses (we did the chef special) wowed us. We're not picky foodies either, but just not overly impressed.Special Features:
- Best Romantic Dinner ExperienceEveNJayDined on 10/15/2014We went to celebrate our 11 year anniversary and we felt in love we the restaurant. Best everything ever. If you don mind pays little more than a normal restaurant this is the place to go. You definitely get what you pay for and more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gastronomic and Historical Gem1hotgolferDined on 10/14/2014A friend and I celebrated a upturn in events in her life with lunch, and the Firehouse was the perfect choice. From the greeting by the young man behind the bar, thru lunch...the Pork Belly w/sweet and sour pears and sesame seed crust, Steakhouse Burger with horseradish cheese and sautéed mushrooms on a brioche bun, and the Apple and Brie Ribeye Steak Sandwich w/caramelized apple chutney and watercress served on grilled focaccia...to paying the bill, it was an incredible experience. Neither of us had ever tasted a better steak sandwich, and the burger was outstanding. The next day, I checked my contact list on my cell looking for another friend with whom to enjoy lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceUnhappydinersDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I have chosen The Firehouse for special occasions numerous times. However, we had a very unfortunate experience when paying our bill on Sunday, October 12th. To make a very long story short, our waiter charged our Visa debit card for someone else's meal & after my husband signed off on our correct amount. We discovered the error when we returned home that night & called right away. The unfortunate thing is that the night manager couldn't really explain how the error could have happened and a subsequent call to his manager yesterday only made the mistake more confusing. An owner spoke to my husband today & assured him that the error was corrected. However, the over-charged amount is still pending & deducted from our bank acct.Special Features:
- MEaster542Dined on 10/11/2014Has become a go to place for us. Wonderful Food. Great ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.