The Firehouse Restaurant
606 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefirehouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (717) 234-6064
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Firehouse restaurant can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Private Party Facilities: 2nd Floor private room is terrific for groups up to 15.
This room is ideal for business meeting, seminars, business lunches and a host of other business and private functions.
Our 3rd floor private room can do 20 to 100 persons at any time. The room features a full bar at one end, a stage at the other end, plenty of seating restrooms and room for dancing.
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The Hope Station building, which is home to The Firehouse Restaurant, is the oldest standing firehouse in the city of Harrisburg and is the second oldest in Pennsylvania. Most of the architecture is the original design; those areas in need of repair were restored to their original splendor. Along with the brickwork, all of the original sashing, window muntins, mullions and doors were retained in the restoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (33)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (17)vibrant bar scene (15)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (10)romantic (6)late-night find (6)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A Good Bet on 2ndOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/15/2014The Firehouse always has stand out food and inventive drinks. It has been my go-to when ever I'm in Harrisburg. The service is friendly and prompt. However this trip was tarnished a bit because, even though we had a reservation, we had to wait for a table. Two other parties came in after mine , all with reservations, and all of us had to wait. Thankfully we were not in a hurry, but it was a little disappointing. Other then that hic-cup our evening of celebrating my husband's birthday was very enjoyable from drinks right through the obligatory birthday cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service and great foodcamiDined on 11/3/2014Every time I go to Harrisburg I always make a point to go to Firehouse for dinner and am never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and InterestingLdyletterDined on 10/24/2014Being the wife of a volunteer firefighter I am always intrigued by "firehouse" in the name of a restaurant. This place is actually a converted firehouse with a spiral staircase and all!! The interesting decor added to the interesting menu. I had a salt encrusted trout.........brought to the table solidly cased in salt and opened, skinned and placed atop cheesy orzo with frizzled spinach on the side. It was spectacular!! Moist, tasty and steaming hot. My sister had the beef stroganoff which proved to be the epitome of comfort food...........presented with a full sprig of rosemary spiked into a rolled pickle slice. Our server was amazingly attentive and extremely helpful in explaining all the reasons to try each signature dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun placeHenriettaDined on 10/18/2014We liked the old pictures and all the fire patches on the walls. We just had calamari, salad and hamburger but it was all very good. A bit loud for our taste but it was a Saturday night and we were probably the oldest ones in there. Do check it out.Special Features:
- Tough time at the Firehouse: SmokeyssaccolitiVIPDined on 10/11/2014I really can't rate the food. Did eat any of it. Seated on the 2nd floor of this 3 story restaurant. There was a large party of 58 people on the 3rd floor. Apparently all the attention was directed there. None paid to us on the 2nd floor. Placed drink order (Iced tea & a Stella). Ice tea came almost immediately. 25 minutes later, still no beer. We ordered the Filet for my daughter and 2 small plate dishes for me. Asked the waitress to have everything brought together. Actually asked twice (and got an eye roll for thinking she didn't understand). You guessed it. Both of my small plates were delivered. No entree and, alas, still no beer. And - quite frankly, no waitress. Waited another 20 minutes. No entree, no beer. No customer. Good Bye.
- aschrineDined on 10/11/2014I took my sister here for lunch, and the selection of food made it hard to decide on an entree. Many unique items on the menu, and the food was very tasty.Special Features:
- Great Use of Old FirehouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014If you are looking for a different experience than the chain restaurants try the Firehouse. The food was very good, great menu, lots of history in the downtown Capital District. We were in Hershey for the car show and decided to try something different. Our choices on the menu were the crab dip, Cajun pasta, and prime rib. We enjoyed them all.Special Features:
- Nice Meal with Interesting DecorMeff44VIPDined on 10/9/2014Nice restaurant with good food. Unique decor with the fire station theme.Special Features:
- interesting place, deserves a lookgoogleit4urselfDined on 10/4/2014Good food, great service, you will enjoy your visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!ktbug1508Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed everything from the drinks to the food to the service. Loved it!Special Features:
- Restaurant with characterAmyLVIPDined on 9/17/2014The FireHouse looks like an old firehouse (which I believe it was). Very cool interior. Their food is also very good. I have had both lunch and dinner here, and have attended group events on the third floor. There are no complaints. I recommend the steak and calamari salad!Special Features:
- Wonderful feelMPaulJCVIPDined on 9/16/2014This historic building has such warmth and coziness. It just makes for a better dining experience. The pork tenderloin is not to be missed. My boss raved over the ancho chili Mahi Mahi ... In Harrisburg!Special Features:
- Food good, atmosphere super loudBrendaLVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious, the service was good, but the atmosphere was too loud. When making my reservation, I specified I wanted to be on the lower level because 1 of the members in my party has difficulty walking up steps. I got there, she said, oh let me take you up to your table and I indicated that I specifically requested to be downstairs to which the hostess promptly replied - well there is nothing available down here... OK then....the upstairs was loud and smoky - something in the kitchen was either on fire or created quite a bit of smoke. It was bothersome to my eyes and to my allergies, but we stayed. The food was excellent - our waiter Zack was attentive and friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Poor, poor PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Service lousy. Tried to serve our entree before appetizer. Waited for a correction after complaining and still nothing. Finally walked out.
- Good placemismacDined on 9/4/2014Good was very good and wait staff did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodHarrisburgFoodieDined on 9/3/2014I love the Firehouse. Great place for lunch or to meet after work. Try the potato soup - it is sure to please.Special Features:
- The Firehouse RestaurantPandora4512Dined on 8/30/2014The food is simply delicious and a nice variety. I've already recommended several people as a must experience spot.Special Features:
- TRY THE TROUT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The Phoenician salt encrusted trout is delicious and a fun experience as the server brings it and prepares it at your table.Special Features:
- Love the firehouse!DianaDined on 8/20/2014The lunch prices have gone up I think, but I don't go there often so I don't mind - plus the service is amazing. We had a group of 5 for lunch, made a reservation and faxed in our orders. As soon as we walked in the restaurant they were just setting the last plate of food down so we were able to eat and chat with enough time to get back to work before our lunch breaks were over!Special Features:
- Great special occasion restauranttgcatmrDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful meal at The Firehouse. My daughter is a firefighter and so the fire memorabilia and the fact that it's in an actual firehouse was perfect. The staff were all wonderful. I have celiac and the staff were allergy-friendly and knowledgable about gluten free menu items. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRED UP FOR FOODIESgershVIPDined on 8/2/2014Charming repurposed firehouse offers a friendly atmosphere, good food and drink and decor that rivals any we have ever seen. Surrounded by firehouse reminders, mementos of the past, this charming 3 floor building was once an operational bastion of this community, now a community haven for those seeking out a welcoming climate, good food and drink and nostalgic decor. a must when in Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was good and waiter was great. It was a little expensive for the portion size but it was real good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Dinner54beadsDined on 8/1/2014While this was only our second time there, we enjoyed it. We came there for my birthday dinner. Everything we ordered was excellent. I can say we will be back again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Firehouse !BelwegianDined on 8/1/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times. Each time the server was genuinely friendly and made us feel welcomed and relaxed right away. All the food has been really good, but I especially love the sweet potato fries and mango mojitos! This is my favorite place to eat when I visit Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected and great!CarguyDined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 6 attending the Mecum Auto Auction from the NYC area. I picked the Firehouse after reading reviews on line but quite frankly didn't know what to expect. The food (salt encrusted whole fish, lasagna, salmon for example) was excellent! The atmosphere (a retired firehouse) was cool without being over the top. Service was excellent as well. Both a bachelor and a bachelorette party was upstairs so it was loud, but it added to the fun for us. We would go back.Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the The Firehouse Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great food!mwinkDined on 7/19/2014Went with a group of friends. We made reservations, sat immediately, great service & the food was amazing. We were shocked at the amount of food, worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJamieDined on 7/19/2014I went on a date with my boyfriend. Service was great and meal was excellent portion for the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodKabobKatsDined on 7/12/2014The food here is very good. We especially enjoy the Chilean Sea Bass, and go back to this restaurant every time we are in the area for that specifically. My husband ordered a filet and there were problems with how it was cooked, but it was comped in the end. We miss our favorite server who left, however, which put a damper on our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FindsassyDined on 7/11/2014While visiting Harrisburg we enjoyed a Great Dinner at the Firehouse. We recommended to 5 friends before our dinner was over. Can't wait to get back to this area and have another fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Busy Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The family ate here Friday and the service was much different than wating here a year earlier. Food was good. Service was slow. The server was polite as was the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and family friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Easy to make our reservation on line. We walked from the Crown Plaza and it was a very nice walk. Our waitress was excellent and very friendly. The food was wonderful. A very nice non-chain experience.Special Features:
- Firehouse RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Made reservations didn't need them for Tuesday eve. Bar was crowded and loud (World Cup)restaurant was dead. We were seated right next to the waitresses podium which was an odd bad seat. The waitress said as we came in "I was waiting on you guys",not sure if she was serious as we were at least 10 mins early or just joking. The rest of the night she was fine though there was a long lull between getting our food and being asked if we needed anything. I got a chicken dish that was ok but didn't have the flavor promised just basic bbq and the chicken was tough. The mashed potatoes were not good and almost tasted boxed. My husband got the filet and crab cake which was very good but they were served over the mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014It was my first visit to the Firehouse Restaurant in Harrisburg, PA. Service was terrific, Food was outstanding. A bit pricey, but highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudRrkarenDined on 6/18/2014We were seated upstairs with a very large group having a baby shower. There were 3 of us stuck at a corner table trying to celebrate a late Fathers Day and we could hardly hear each other talking! We should have been seated downstairs away from this large group as I had made advance reservations. I felt like we were intruding on the "private" baby shower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningRobertDined on 6/14/2014I picked this place because of its historical location. The service was good. The waiter refilled my soda without being asked. The prime rib tasted good but was a little overcooked for my taste (rare). Definitely a nice place to go for the evening. Unless you want a quiet place. The hard walls make it a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we choseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We couldn't get a reservation for 7pm at 4pm at a restaurant of equal quality about 15 miles away, so my wife suggested the firehouse and I made the reservation online. This was the first time I had made a dinner reservation online. I could not get 7 so I settled for 730. I then called directly and they fit us in at 7. I was very happy to meet the owner when we were being seated and although I chose something else he made a suggestion that he liked. It was a nice touch. Wendy our server was light hearted and friendly from the second she approached the table, very down to earth and knowledgeable about the menu choices. I will now make the other restaurant 15 miles away my second choice to the firehouse in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat Dining ExperienceSAndDined on 5/31/2014Food was awesome, the waitress was knowledgeable and didn't need to write our orders down-good sign of a great waitress. Wonderful experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Good and friendly service. Food wasn't what I expected for the price.
- Moderately hotfulloffireDined on 5/17/2014We were visiting the area due to the Fire Expo and we are all volunteer firefighters. The building was fantastic and historic. The food was full of favor and the selection was unique. The 6 adults sat together and the 5 children also do (5, 11, ,12, 13, 15) and the services was limited. We had to ask for bread for the kids table and refills often for all of us. We requested additional condiments and they took awhile. The restaurant wasn't real busy which surprised us and would've accounted for some of the slowness but it wasn't the case. The experience was worth the visit and the atmosphere was charming and the guests were friendly. I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapppointmentd164Dined on 5/15/2014We come to harrisburg every year. We broke up the usual dinner to come here from people suggesting it. Prime rib was sold out and was only 8 Waitress didnt care when we told them the pop was flat and disgusting Would not come back