The Firehouse Restaurant
606 North 2nd Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Firehouse Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefirehouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7172346064x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Friday- Saturday 11:30am-11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Firehouse restaurant can accommodate parties of 12 - 200 on the premises. There is no limit to events off-site. Catering packages and flexible menus are offered.
- Private Party Facilities: 2nd Floor private room is terrific for groups up to 15.
This room is ideal for business meeting, seminars, business lunches and a host of other business and private functions.
Our 3rd floor private room can do 20 to 100 persons at any time. The room features a full bar at one end, a stage at the other end, plenty of seating restrooms and room for dancing.
A word from The Firehouse Restaurant
The Hope Station building, which is home to The Firehouse Restaurant, is the oldest standing firehouse in the city of Harrisburg and is the second oldest in Pennsylvania. Most of the architecture is the original design; those areas in need of repair were restored to their original splendor. Along with the brickwork, all of the original sashing, window muntins, mullions and doors were retained in the restoration.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
The Firehouse Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Harrisburg ›
The Firehouse Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (31)special occasion (28)great for lunch (20)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (17)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (11)romantic (9)late-night find (7)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Restaurant with characterAmyLVIPDined on 9/17/2014The FireHouse looks like an old firehouse (which I believe it was). Very cool interior. Their food is also very good. I have had both lunch and dinner here, and have attended group events on the third floor. There are no complaints. I recommend the steak and calamari salad!Special Features:
- Food good, atmosphere super loudBrendaLDined on 9/12/2014The food was delicious, the service was good, but the atmosphere was too loud. When making my reservation, I specified I wanted to be on the lower level because 1 of the members in my party has difficulty walking up steps. I got there, she said, oh let me take you up to your table and I indicated that I specifically requested to be downstairs to which the hostess promptly replied - well there is nothing available down here... OK then....the upstairs was loud and smoky - something in the kitchen was either on fire or created quite a bit of smoke. It was bothersome to my eyes and to my allergies, but we stayed. The food was excellent - our waiter Zack was attentive and friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Poor, poor PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Service lousy. Tried to serve our entree before appetizer. Waited for a correction after complaining and still nothing. Finally walked out.
- Good placemismacDined on 9/4/2014Good was very good and wait staff did a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the foodHarrisburgFoodieDined on 9/3/2014I love the Firehouse. Great place for lunch or to meet after work. Try the potato soup - it is sure to please.Special Features:
- The Firehouse RestaurantPandora4512Dined on 8/30/2014The food is simply delicious and a nice variety. I've already recommended several people as a must experience spot.Special Features:
- TRY THE TROUT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The Phoenician salt encrusted trout is delicious and a fun experience as the server brings it and prepares it at your table.Special Features:
- Love the firehouse!DianaDined on 8/20/2014The lunch prices have gone up I think, but I don't go there often so I don't mind - plus the service is amazing. We had a group of 5 for lunch, made a reservation and faxed in our orders. As soon as we walked in the restaurant they were just setting the last plate of food down so we were able to eat and chat with enough time to get back to work before our lunch breaks were over!Special Features:
- Great special occasion restauranttgcatmrDined on 8/15/2014Had a wonderful meal at The Firehouse. My daughter is a firefighter and so the fire memorabilia and the fact that it's in an actual firehouse was perfect. The staff were all wonderful. I have celiac and the staff were allergy-friendly and knowledgable about gluten free menu items. Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIRED UP FOR FOODIESgershVIPDined on 8/2/2014Charming repurposed firehouse offers a friendly atmosphere, good food and drink and decor that rivals any we have ever seen. Surrounded by firehouse reminders, mementos of the past, this charming 3 floor building was once an operational bastion of this community, now a community haven for those seeking out a welcoming climate, good food and drink and nostalgic decor. a must when in Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food was good and waiter was great. It was a little expensive for the portion size but it was real good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Dinner54beadsDined on 8/1/2014While this was only our second time there, we enjoyed it. We came there for my birthday dinner. Everything we ordered was excellent. I can say we will be back again, and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love The Firehouse !BelwegianDined on 8/1/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times. Each time the server was genuinely friendly and made us feel welcomed and relaxed right away. All the food has been really good, but I especially love the sweet potato fries and mango mojitos! This is my favorite place to eat when I visit Harrisburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected and great!CarguyDined on 7/26/2014We were a group of 6 attending the Mecum Auto Auction from the NYC area. I picked the Firehouse after reading reviews on line but quite frankly didn't know what to expect. The food (salt encrusted whole fish, lasagna, salmon for example) was excellent! The atmosphere (a retired firehouse) was cool without being over the top. Service was excellent as well. Both a bachelor and a bachelorette party was upstairs so it was loud, but it added to the fun for us. We would go back.Special Features:
- Great food!mwinkDined on 7/19/2014Went with a group of friends. We made reservations, sat immediately, great service & the food was amazing. We were shocked at the amount of food, worth the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJamieDined on 7/19/2014I went on a date with my boyfriend. Service was great and meal was excellent portion for the pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodKabobKatsDined on 7/12/2014The food here is very good. We especially enjoy the Chilean Sea Bass, and go back to this restaurant every time we are in the area for that specifically. My husband ordered a filet and there were problems with how it was cooked, but it was comped in the end. We miss our favorite server who left, however, which put a damper on our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FindsassyDined on 7/11/2014While visiting Harrisburg we enjoyed a Great Dinner at the Firehouse. We recommended to 5 friends before our dinner was over. Can't wait to get back to this area and have another fantastic meal.Special Features:
- Busy Friday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014The family ate here Friday and the service was much different than wating here a year earlier. Food was good. Service was slow. The server was polite as was the manager.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and family friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Easy to make our reservation on line. We walked from the Crown Plaza and it was a very nice walk. Our waitress was excellent and very friendly. The food was wonderful. A very nice non-chain experience.Special Features:
- Firehouse RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Made reservations didn't need them for Tuesday eve. Bar was crowded and loud (World Cup)restaurant was dead. We were seated right next to the waitresses podium which was an odd bad seat. The waitress said as we came in "I was waiting on you guys",not sure if she was serious as we were at least 10 mins early or just joking. The rest of the night she was fine though there was a long lull between getting our food and being asked if we needed anything. I got a chicken dish that was ok but didn't have the flavor promised just basic bbq and the chicken was tough. The mashed potatoes were not good and almost tasted boxed. My husband got the filet and crab cake which was very good but they were served over the mashed potatoes.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014It was my first visit to the Firehouse Restaurant in Harrisburg, PA. Service was terrific, Food was outstanding. A bit pricey, but highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudRrkarenDined on 6/18/2014We were seated upstairs with a very large group having a baby shower. There were 3 of us stuck at a corner table trying to celebrate a late Fathers Day and we could hardly hear each other talking! We should have been seated downstairs away from this large group as I had made advance reservations. I felt like we were intruding on the "private" baby shower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningRobertDined on 6/14/2014I picked this place because of its historical location. The service was good. The waiter refilled my soda without being asked. The prime rib tasted good but was a little overcooked for my taste (rare). Definitely a nice place to go for the evening. Unless you want a quiet place. The hard walls make it a little noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we choseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We couldn't get a reservation for 7pm at 4pm at a restaurant of equal quality about 15 miles away, so my wife suggested the firehouse and I made the reservation online. This was the first time I had made a dinner reservation online. I could not get 7 so I settled for 730. I then called directly and they fit us in at 7. I was very happy to meet the owner when we were being seated and although I chose something else he made a suggestion that he liked. It was a nice touch. Wendy our server was light hearted and friendly from the second she approached the table, very down to earth and knowledgeable about the menu choices. I will now make the other restaurant 15 miles away my second choice to the firehouse in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Geat Dining ExperienceSAndDined on 5/31/2014Food was awesome, the waitress was knowledgeable and didn't need to write our orders down-good sign of a great waitress. Wonderful experience, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 23 reviews are from the The Firehouse Restaurant reviews archive.
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/24/2014Good and friendly service. Food wasn't what I expected for the price.
- Moderately hotfulloffireDined on 5/17/2014We were visiting the area due to the Fire Expo and we are all volunteer firefighters. The building was fantastic and historic. The food was full of favor and the selection was unique. The 6 adults sat together and the 5 children also do (5, 11, ,12, 13, 15) and the services was limited. We had to ask for bread for the kids table and refills often for all of us. We requested additional condiments and they took awhile. The restaurant wasn't real busy which surprised us and would've accounted for some of the slowness but it wasn't the case. The experience was worth the visit and the atmosphere was charming and the guests were friendly. I'd return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapppointmentd164Dined on 5/15/2014We come to harrisburg every year. We broke up the usual dinner to come here from people suggesting it. Prime rib was sold out and was only 8 Waitress didnt care when we told them the pop was flat and disgusting Would not come back
- MothersDay&Birthday14birthdaydinner14Dined on 5/10/2014Everything was excellent as usual when we dine at the Firehouse Restuarant in Harrisburg. Took our parents there for the first time and they absolutely loved the food and the atomsphere. Will definately be going back in up coming months.Special Features:
- Date nightSgtMayhemDined on 5/3/2014I chose the Firehouse Restaurant for date night because of their menu that I saw online. We live an hour away and wanted to make sure we ate somewhere good. Such a great selection of food, and it was excellent. The atmosphere was great as the bar area was watching the Kentucky Derby and the dining area was still quiet enough to have a conversation. The service was excellent. The atmosphere was great. Lots of history behind the building. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousQuitepleasedDined on 5/3/2014Firehouse has incredible food and excellent service for a moderate price. We started the night with duck cakes. Just the right amount of spice and not greasy, like duck tends to be. Then I had the prime rib. I do not think that I will be able to get prime rib anywhere else now. All others would be a disappointment. It was melt-in-your-mouth amazing! Our waiter recommended the mango mojito for the drinks. I tried a their version of a Long Island... It was alright... Then I had the mango mojito... I should have listened to the waiter at the start! It was filled with mint leaves, just the right amount of sweetening, and great alcohol content (not overpowering, but substantial). I recommend this place to all! (Not a kid place.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything GREAT ..BUTOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Everything was GREAT except my mother was set on the fantastic Crab soup she had the last time I had her there. Was NOT available and I heard about for 2 days until I returned to OHIO. Your place the Blue Moose and Sammy's are our 3 favorite restaurants when we come to Harrisburg from Canton, Ohio. All have GREAT different food and adult beverages. THANKS, really enjoyed plus we had our engaged granddaughter from Dallas and her future husband there. They were impressed and will be coming back. The parking situation is nasty for yours and Sammy's sakes. Worth the extra hassel though.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/30/2014Table ready on time. Service at my elbow! Food excellant! Drink average I could have not asked any more from my server. WOW! The owners would be proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlove2rydeDined on 4/28/2014Great place to eat. Wonderful staff and food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShirleyvsVIPDined on 4/26/2014Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. A fun casual vibe - and based on the decor a must for anyone with a penchant for things related to fire fighting!Special Features:
- Good Saturday night spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/26/2014This was my first time dining at the Firehouse. I expected a little more, but it was still a relatively enjoyable experience and I would recommend it to a couple or a group of friends looking for a dining experience to jump start their night out in Harrisburg. Our server was very friendly, but seemed a little out of sorts and flustered. Our food came out in timely fashion considering it was a very busy Saturday night. I had the Firehouse pasta, which was very tasty. I ordered a martini that was very tasty (the first drink). The second time I ordered the same drink it was absolutely terrible. I didn't ask for another drink. All in all, the Firehouse came up just short of what my expectations were, but it certainly didn't disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Have LunchCarlVIPDined on 4/24/2014The Firehouse is always a great place to have lunch in Harrisburg. A nice range of menu choices at reasonable prices and the food is of very good quality. I had the chicken sandwich and soup special and the soup was Manhattan Chowder. The soup was delicious. I usually order the Backdraft sandwich and that is very good too but the chicken sandwich that came with the special was tasty as well. Their salads are always good too with nice portions.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014It is extremely rare that everyone in my family is satisfied with a restaurant. However this time EVERYONE completely LOVED their meal! My 6 year old raved that it was 3x better than McDonalds (what kid says that?!)- She had 3 cheeseburger sliders, My 15 year old son devoured his Strip Steak and my Husband (who can be extremely picky) inhaled his Prime Rib and told me how good it was! I went with the waiters suggestion on the Tuna Sandwich w/Brie and Garlic Aioli and was very very pleased over the quality of the Tuna. Our Waiter was awesome and gave us 100% in Service! We are looking forward to eating here again the next time we are in the area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly service, marginal foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/18/2014This restaurant occupies an historic firehouse is a success on theme. Unfortunately, not as much care has been paid to the results from the kitchen, as most of the items we sampled were clumsy and over cooked. The hostess and servers were very pleasant and as attentive as possible as things got busy. The crab puffs were deep fried goop sitting in a thick mayonnaise tartar sauce. Calamari was bland, covered in grease. The 'Hook & Ladder' ribs were over cooked (proper ribs are not to slide off the bone; any fool can do that with a slow cooker). Cheeseburger dip was a congealed concoction of processed cheese and ground beef. It looks like a decent bar scene could be had, but a simplified menu with a more talented chef is needed.Special Features: