1874 Mineral Spring Ave
North Providence, RI 02911Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thefirenp.com/
- Phone: 4013537110
- Hours of Operation:
7 days a week serving lunch & dinner, from 12pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carmello Correnti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Special Events: Interested in booking a party with us? We have the perfect in house catering menu that will not only satisfy your appetite but is designed to meet everyones budget! Please contact Elaine Morrison @ 401.353.7110 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Fire
The Fire Brick Oven Pizza & Bar is committed to supplying our customers with the freshest ingredients and quality Italian food. Whether you're enjoying our fully stocked bar, a brick oven Neapolitan fired pizza, or a delicious Italian entree, you will realize that our priority is serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Fire - Best Restaurants in Providence ›
The Fire reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (11)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (8)great for lunch (8)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great night all around!Goodtimes1028Dined on 8/23/2014Our server was awesome! The food was amazing! The dessert and drinks were perfect! Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerContentDined on 8/20/2014Met a friend for dinner. Food and drinks were great!Special Features:
- The FireldiliegroDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food and even better service. There were 8 in our group and every one enjoyed their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Surprised - Great MenuGouterDined on 7/7/2014A surprisingly good restaurant in the middle of an area not known for its outstanding cuisine. Tim waited on us - a table of 8 with three young children. The service was great, Tim was patient, attentive, and accommodating. The menu had so many great plates it was hard to choose. Braised ribs were delicious, as was lobster ravioli, bruschetta, and many others. Portions are huge. The cookie pizza dessert was decadent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectDined on 6/5/2014food was good and the service was exceptional. bathrooms need better cleaning. smokers need to be moved from the entrance.Special Features:
- Graduation RISD LuncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/31/2014We found this place online read good reviews and tried it. Our waiter was wonderful very enthusiastic and attentive. Best clams and spag ever I mean ever thanks! Everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the The Fire reviews archive.
- cozy dinnig for twodinning2Dined on 4/27/2014This one of my wife and I favorite spots we have never had a bad meal here. The oil and garlic and hot bread yum. We usually go early for their early bird specials or one of their fire grilled pizzas .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing mealRistoogeDined on 4/20/2014The meal for Easter Sunday included a favorite, leg of lamb. The lamb was very disappointing. Not only was it overcooked and dry, there were only 2 - 1" x 2 1/2" slices. The meal was $18 and only came with potatoes and broccoli. The service was very good, but it was still a disappointing meal.Special Features:
- Pour water on the "Fire"Muncho1VIPDined on 4/5/2014Living in the Prov, RI area, we are are lucky to have fine restaurants, Italian, and otherwise, located within 20 minutes or so from where we live. Getting a good piece of veal with pasta, should be a pretty standard thing. The sauce actually was pretty good. I understand when the veal is not quite dry, the coating doesn't stick when you fry it. It decomposed and began to mix with the not too bad sauce. That's right, gritty, and pasty. In the other fifteen or so restaurants I have had veal in,in the area, I never quite experienced this texture in my mouth. No ! Grits don't count. Needed a sharper knife for the veal itself. All kidding aside. Wine ok, clams casino ok, wife's pasta/ meat sauce ok, and waitress good. But never again !!
- Great food.BillkDined on 4/5/2014I had the grilled swordfish tips with rice. The food was cooked right and tasted great. A bit pricey but all in all it was really good.Special Features:
- Pizza & WineRUHungryDined on 3/29/2014We have dined at The Fire for many years (it was formerly know as Wild Fire) and the food has always been very good. Our favorite is the brick oven pizza's, they are delicious, always cooked to perfection, paired with a salad and glass of wine makes a great night at the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to home and good!Justme718Dined on 3/13/2014Have been to the Fire for quick family celebrations...our family including my 82 year old father have always enjoyed our dinner. Service is very attentive, food consistently good. It's not always convenient to head to the hill for dinner. This is a good restaurant that provides a variety of food choices,with a nice casual atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LISALDined on 3/8/2014This was a last minute find on Open Table and wow, we were really impressed! A great restaurant, great food and great atmosphere - servers were excellent and bar atmosphere is great! Just a great place! We will visit again for sure!Special Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch at The Fire Restaurant. We have eaten there several times when bringing our college students out for a meal and it is always dependable and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Therestaurant was nice theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Therestaurant was nice the ambiance was nice my husbands spaghetti was not that great and my shrimp scampi was dry and not very flavorfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The early-bird specials menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/10/2014The early-bird specials menu was not offered to us. I would not have known about it unless I found your menus on -line. Also, you menu on line offered spumoni as a dessert menu item for the early-bird specials and was not an option in the store. Otherwise, everthing was excellent. I tried a new dish, polenta that I would not have tried if our waitress did not recommend it so highly. All was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable prices!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2014We usually try and eat a Federal Hill, but this one popped up on OpenTable so we tried it. Very glad we did! Food was reasonable priced and very good. We ordered a bottle of wine that my daughter (who studied in Florence, Italy) said was her teachers favorite. It was delicious and I think about $31. I decided on the braised short ribs which were served on a bed of broccoli rabe and mashed potatoes. This dish was fantastic!!! My daughter had the roasted filet mignon which was served with truffle mac n cheese and grilled eggplant. She said it was very good and cooked perfectly. My husband had the Tagliatelle Bolognese and a side order of meatball. He was not impressed and thought his meal was just OK. Cannolis were only partially filled.
- Food was ok, mediocre at best.Ramses119Dined on 1/18/2014Food was ok, mediocre at best. No better than a TGIF.
- Good experienceSatisfiedcustomerDined on 1/10/2014Overall our dinning experience was good. The service and food was very good. The only problem was the size of the table for two and how close we were to the couple next to. We even joked about us blowing out thur candle on thier table. We would recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there on New Year's EvefemamoDined on 12/31/2013We got there on time and waited 15 minutes to be seated (which was fine since it was pretty busy). Within 10 minutes of sitting down we ordered all of our food (appetizers and entrées). Our appetizers came out quickly which was nice. However we did not see our server after that. After a while he happened to stop by again and I asked him if he knew when our food was coming since it had been a really long time (it had been over an hour at this point). He politely said it shouldn't take much longer and the kitchen was very busy. The next time we saw him, he came back with our food along with the manager who apologized for the wait. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to go here, but I would eat here again if I was brought there.
- Definitely a neighborhood gem!!LaidebgsDined on 12/31/2013Love, love, love this restaurant! My family has been here many times and the food has always been perfect with no complaints. All the staff are very pleasant and the atmosphere is very relaxing. It's not your typical brick oven pizzeria as they have a wide variety of dishes to choose from. My husband especially loves their braised short ribs and orders it every time. I recently had bacon wrapped filet and it was cooked perfectly and was extremely tasty. Their prices are very reasonable and you never leave there hungry! They definitely get 5 stars from me and my family! Keep up the great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall it was a nice experience.jasonDined on 12/29/2013Overall it was a nice experience. The menu is a bit small with not many choices, for lunch anyways. I had help from my waitress to choose something good to eat. Good recommendation, but wish she told me it was from a dinner menu because it was a 19$ lunch item and I couldnt eat it all nor bring it home that day since I wasnt going home for hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedIvey81Dined on 12/24/2013I visited the Fire a couple times before deciding to have xmas eve dinner there. I was completely impressed with the food, service and ambiance. But for some reason, when we went on xmas Eve it was nothing but disappointing!! First the waiter took forever to acknowledge us, next when we finally did receive our food it was horrible!. I ordered stuffed shrimps with glazed carrots and mashed potato. I literally received four tiny shrimps that were piled high with stuffing, the carrots were not cooked through and were hard without a hint of any glaze on it. My boyfriend ordered the surf and turf, and received a 5oz steak that didn't taste like anything! Very disappointed! Not returning there ever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealLover4foodDined on 11/17/2013We have been to Fire many times and again we were very pleased with our meal. We had the Sunday special with family chicken. It was delicious from salad to main course. The chicken was very well seasoned and the pasta and potatoes were so delicious as well.Of course we love the fire baked rolls and roasted garlic oil. We highly recommend this friendly place to anyone who loves Italian delights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- coat closetslider2071Dined on 11/15/2013made reservations on line. they wanted to know if it was our first time there said yes. was seated in a room the size of a coat closet with 4 tables each 2x2 with no view of anything. online had early bird specials but were never told until we asked. same thing happened to the only other couple sitting in this area . by the way plenty of booths in main room empty. they even know my name as we were the only people with 5 o'clock reservations food was good and service was alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good. WeChristineDined on 10/26/2013The food was very good. We enjoyed having Dino as our waiter, he was very prompt and always delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and StaffJennCipDined on 9/28/2013We came for the first time and were looking for a yummy menu to accomodate 10 people and two were toddlers. Perfect. We called to bump up our reservation and they did it with ease and even called to let us know there may be a slight wait for the new time (maybe 5 min and the manager called for the heads up on a busy Saturday). Our server was great and not only was he attentive but nothing was missed. Water and bread filled and suggestion to order one larger meal for toddlers to split because we didn't know what the portions were like. Small gestures the I find make the experience that much more enjoyable and have slowly been forgotten by restaurants these days. Thank you, we would recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first bad mealJerryDined on 9/20/2013The chicken picatta was bitter tasting and burned tasting even though it wasn't really burned. It was to thick for picatta and no lemony buttery delicate flavor. Other choices were quite good, especially the mussells and clams and lobster. I was disappointed Friday night. The waiter, Tim, was very nice and did a great job. I don't eat out that often and I expected the food to be very good. The choice of swiss chard as the only veggie was strange as it is so controversial and bitter. There should have been other veggies to choose from. I will come back again for another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The price is right!sjgahhVIPDined on 9/19/2013This is a good, moderately priced restaurant with good food. Early birds get a real bargain. Major set back for me was traveling on Mineral Spring Ave in North Providence at about 5:30pm...go earlier or later. Traffic was bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2013The food was very good, and priced reasonably. Unique preparation of their calamari.Special Features:
- FANTASTICglensVIPDined on 7/30/2013My family and I eat at the Fire about twice a month. It is a perfect place to dine on anything from grilled pizza's, salads, pasta's to perfectly cooked lemon chicken, veal chops and many other fine foods, not to mention their clam and sausage appetizer with mouth watering broth. The menu an Italian flair and everything is cooked to perfection. By the way, they have the best steamers during the summer that you will find anywhere and I mean anywhere. One gripe....(ok no big deal) but the cheap, tissue paper thickness napkins are TERRIBLE. Ok, I got that off my mind. Just go and have a great meal.Special Features:
- My husband and kids had dinnerMichelleDined on 5/25/2013My husband and kids had dinner there for the first time, and I have to say, it was a very nice experience. The food was great. Everything from apps to meals came out hot and just the way we ordered it. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- We had a fun, pleasant dinnerMichaelDined on 5/25/2013We had a fun, pleasant dinner (a couple of parents and a few college kids). The atmosphere was casual and fun, the service was very welcoming and friendly, and the food was really good.Special Features:
- New favorite!drpoirierDined on 5/22/2013I've been twice now for lunch and dinner. Both meals were very good. I had the pork chop for dinner which was excellent. They have a good bar with many choices. The atmosphere is hip but feels old. The large booths are great for large parties and are comfortable. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okJustMeDined on 5/11/2013Used to like this place but seems to have lost it's charm with me. I was on a diet so ordered the Tuscan Steak salad. This used to have plenty og slices of nice rare steak but tonight it was just a small amount of little pieces of meat- not with much flavor and augmented by grilled mushrooms that you thought was beef until you bit into it. I recall needing a doggie bag in the past but I. Left hungry, went home and had a protein bar! Hubby had roasted chicken wings which were fine. Service was fine too, but sort of noisy due to large parties nearby. Maybe pizza and pasta entrees still good but they are skimping on the salads. Won't go back unless I am off my diet.Special Features:
- Large portions & tasty warmems1030Dined on 5/11/2013Large portions & tasty warm rolls. Waitstaff was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time expereince wasPartyof4Dined on 5/10/2013First time expereince was very good. Good atmosphere and reasonable priced meals. Chicken Parm was excellent!Special Features:
- The food was delicious, andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013The food was delicious, and so wasn't the Sangria.Special Features:
- This restaurant was a pleasantFallRiverFoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2013This restaurant was a pleasant surprise. Though not as good as Federal Hill, nor was the pricing like that of restaurants on the Hill. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- we like to get together onceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013we like to get together once a month and this is the place to do it. it's convenient for everyone and it's great to be able to make reservations. we enjoy coming for the appy hour and then having dinner while catching up. I recommend the Fire to anyone who likes to do the same. the servers are wonderful!Special Features: