The Fire Hall
2441 Lakeshore Road West
Oakville, ON L6L 5V5Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Fire Hall
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thefirehall.ca/
- Phone: 9058274445
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 am - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Daily: 4:00 pm - 1:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Full catering available from Catering by Heat www.cateringbyheat.ca
A word from The Fire Hall
Located in the heart of Bronte by the lake in Oakville, the Firehall is an award winning restaurant great for dinner with the kids or a night out with friends Voted best wings in Oakville 12 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fire Hall reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (11)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Good for groupskulvrDined on 10/9/2014We were there with a group of 14 ladies for lunch. Our waitress worked so hard, and took very good care of us. Sometimes when you are with a large group the service is not very good. Our waitress was excellent, and had a good attitude despite it all.Special Features:
- First visitBurlmoverDined on 10/3/2014We just tried it as a result of a friend's suggestion, and it was a great different experienceSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceacquiescenceDined on 9/19/2014Had a great time with an old friend - Relaxing environment - Good food and the service was Great - Will definitely be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Patio NightFunloverdinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014We had a great night on the patio with good food and friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014The service was great, our waiter recommended certain dishes because we had not been before. The portions were large and everyone was happy. The house specialty curry was not an authentic Indian curry as described but some vegetables and or chicken in what seemed a pre-made curry sauce. The vegetables or the chicken has not been cooked in the sauce (the veg had been pre-steamed and the chicken was presumably grilled and sauce mixed in so there was no depth to the flavour of the curry. From a timing point of view it may be worth while waiting until you have eaten your appetisers before ordering your mains, we hadn't even got half way through our wings before the main course arrived which was a total food overload. Everything else was great.Special Features:
- Best Wings!Zazouke1Dined on 7/18/2014If you are looking for amazing wings Fire Hall is the place to get them (I order mine lightly sauced/ extra crispy), you can also order fries (yes gravy is available ) and onion rings on the side but its not noted on the menu. Their appetizers are great and so is the menu selection (my favorite is the 5 layer dip) . They also have tv's throughout the bar and dining room if you are looking to watch a special sporting event. During the summer season the outdoor patio is open to serve your hunger and thirst pains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun and goodRosieDined on 7/18/2014Chicken curry is fantastic! Among so many other items. No complaints. Server was very attentive to our group which included a lot of children and despite how very busy it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good spottikatikaDined on 7/18/2014I really enjoyed dinner with my friends and family. As review said their wings were great menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for a great 2014 WCF!GoGermanyGoDined on 7/13/2014We knew The Fire Hall is the place to gather and watch the 2014 world cup finals! Food is fantastic and service is amazing. Very energetic and enthusiastic waiters/waitresses. The Fire Hall is perfect for sport fans, families and young adults! Overall we had an unforgettable experience and will definitely come here again! Thank you very much to the chefs, staff and servers at The Fire Hall! From: The group of 8 German soccer fans! GO GERMANY GO!Special Features:
- always goodyayaDined on 7/11/2014Firehall is a great place to go for a great family time dinner...Food always good..but I must say make a reservation or you will wait for a table. WINGS are the best...and very good childrens menu!! Noisy, but that is good...means the kids are having a good time and no one minds...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second times the charmRachDined on 7/6/2014I ordered the French dip and enjoyed it however that last time i was there I ordered the pulled pork and did not like the sauce but I was much happier the second one and the wings and so good and bigSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Firehall reviewJacquesDined on 6/30/2014Limited menu but great for lunch and a light dinner at an affordable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the The Fire Hall reviews archive.
- Good neighbourhood place.floatingdocDined on 4/19/2014Service was prompt. Kids stuff brought out first. Food was quite good!Special Features:
- We got part of our lunch for freeOakvilleDinnerDined on 4/18/2014Flip for your fish Friday and we won. Spicy shrimp burrito and the always yummy wings. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodBronteBenDined on 3/1/2014I've been to the Fire Hall a half dozen times now and it's always good. Best of all I can bring my picky friends with me and not only can they find several options to eat on the menu, but it's always good. And these are some very picky friends I have! Everyone always leaves satisfied and happy. They have a great patio in the summer that is actually divided into smoking and non-smoking. This is the next best thing to having smoking banned everywhere. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurant in BronteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014This restaurant is a popular choice for the locals. We've being going here for years. Food and atmosphere are great and they have a nice patio in the summer. Our waiter wasn't that good on this visit but the service is normally good. The restaurant is overdue for a renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wings are the best!!DiningOakvilleDined on 2/2/2014The wings are the absolute best in town. The servers are always friendly. If you have kids go on a Monday night. If your kids are wearing fire helmets they eat free!! And firefighters really do get a discount. But did I mention the wings?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haven't been in quite a while.KarensDined on 1/25/2014Haven't been in quite a while. Forgot just how big the chicken wings are. Would have liked a larger table. We were very cramped.Special Features:
- Hands Down - Best Wings EverWingManDined on 1/19/2014I've been going the Fire Hall for the past 8 years. They have by far, hands down, the best wings I have ever had. They are consistently delicious. I prefer the normal dusted wing, with lots of medium sauce. I prefer a thicker sauce, and the Fire Hall delivers. They have very large wings and they server the same wings on their wing night - some restaurants cheap out and serve a lower quality wing on their wing night - but not the Fire Hall. For the best wings around, look no further than the Fire Hall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sport Bar/Family RestaurantyayaDined on 1/3/2014HOW can that go together, but it does... This restaurant has a great sports bar with TVs, etc....and is very kid friendly and great for sport teams.. WINGS are Terrific It is noisy but expect that...Menu very good...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigantic WingsstoneycreekerDined on 12/30/2013Met friends over Christmas at the recommendation of other friends. We live in the Stoney Creek area and our friends in Miss. so it was a great mid-way meeting place. Great Vibe. All ages were at this place. The service was good, but they were really rushed off their feet. When they did come often forgot condiments etc., but we understood because of the amount of people they were trying to keep up with. My husband and I ordered the wings and they were awesome. We are wing freaks...so when we heard about this place had to try it. You can get them breaded or saucy..."stupid hot" or mild. I wanted "stupid hot" but my husband wasn't game. Fries were awesome too. Would be a great spot in the summer. Right by the Lakeshore.Special Features:
- Nice place, good service, poor foodEarlMcNutDined on 11/1/2013My first, and most likely last, visit to the Firehall was not a great one. Upon arrival, it was very busy, but we had booked earlier in the day, so our table was waiting which was great. The staff were very friendly and efficient, but unfortunately the food was not great. We ordered the 5 layer dip as an appetizer, which was bland and runny. Both my friend and I ordered the chicken fingers with fries. The fries were ok, but the chicken fingers were the bland, standard issue, frozen variety. Even the buffalo butter sauce was a disappointment, as it tasted like regular Frank's hot sauce to me. I hear they're famous for their wings, which in retrospect, we probably should have ordered.Special Features:
- Lively and Kid-Friendly!!VeggiesEat2Dined on 9/28/2013Not exactly the place you'd take your sleeping baby but your kids will love it here. The staff is very attentive and our food was thoughtfully put together. I would describe it as upscale pub food. It's lively and fun to be at and you'll walk away full. Great staff, great place, Bronte's Gem.Special Features:
- The Fire Hall-OakvilleDavidDined on 8/16/2013Nice spot. Friendly staff,clean,food tasted good and reasonably priced with good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bronte funSpyglassDined on 8/9/2013Hey - we had a nice time as a group - like the area a lot and found that the patio was pretty well organized so that we weren't sitting with other groups. Bronte is lovely, so this is the second time we've used this as an after show de-brief and hang out. Really like it.Special Features:
- Mixed ReviewMichaelDined on 8/5/2013I had a great meal - some of the best wings I've had in a while, but my wife had a burger that we both thought was very poorly cooked. It was cooked throughout, but it still seemed under cooked and had a bad taste to it. The restaurant overall was good. Seemed like a happening bar, but that burger just left a bad taste in our mouth, literally. Again though, the wings were some of the best I've had in ages - roasted (non-breaded) butter flavour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical pub food. Wings wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2013Typical pub food. Wings were meaty but for dry rub, they were pretty oily.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelAppleDined on 6/6/2013We had a "dinner meeting" with five ladies. Everyone liked their food choices. The wings, as always were delish. And the salads were fresh. One friend always orders the Asiago Flatbread and raves about it. Being able to reserve a table online was quick and super easy. Thank you.Special Features:
- Great Pub/Resturant!LouLouBellDined on 5/12/2013Love the food choices, great for families, great service, great value!Special Features:
- Good neighbourhood placeLisafromOakvilleDined on 5/10/2013My husband and I tried this place for the first time a couple of nights ago with a couple who had been there regularly. This is a really good neighbourhood place to go on say a Friday night. The food was reasonably good (wings were tasty / meaty but somewhat fatty, salad was good, wine/beer offering good), the service was quite good and the atmosphere was very good for a relaxed place to hang out or a place to go with kids. We'll definitely go back again - really good for a relaxed place to go for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great place.RetiredfireguyDined on 5/2/2013Take a few minutes and look around at the old fire department pictures and display items. You may see someone you know or see something you have never seen before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to relax and eatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/27/2013The food was as expected; bar food. But it was good. Our server was super energetic and talked really fast, but she managed to bring me my refill just as I finished my first drink, so that's impressive.Special Features:
- Another Excellent ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/22/2013Great little neighbourhood pub. Service on both dinning occasions has been exceptional, and the food is exceptional pub fare.Special Features:
- Awesome service from the staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Awesome service from the staff, great wings! Food was good, what we expected, bar style food! Crowd was great, atmosphere was what we expected!Special Features:
- Came for lunch with a regularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Came for lunch with a regular customer and a collegue. The food was great, service was very good and attentive. I like the casual atmosphere and good food.Special Features:
- Winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013First visit to the Firehall and definitely not the last. The best wings I've had and what made it extra awesome was the Tuesday special buy one small wings and get one free! Service was quick and warm and even though it was busy, we had our order in less than 15 minutes. Each sitting area has 2-3 flat screen TVs showing sports, what more can you ask for! Recommend the Firehall to anyone looking for tasty and good food and if you're looking to watch a Leafs or Raptors game!Special Features:
- A great crowd pleaser. KnownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013A great crowd pleaser. Known for their awesome wings,they also have a good selection of foods to suite everyone. A great place to hang out and watch the game. Really energetic, good service and consistently great food.Special Features:
- Good for a guy's night out.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013My friends enjoyed the atmosphere and the food. The staple Fish/Chips was about $10. It is not a place i would recommend for vegetarians amongst the group Friends were pleasantly surprised with a coin toss a the end to see if their fish/chip meal was on the house. I ended up ordering the nachos, which was simply Cheese Whiz on chips.Special Features:
- Not going back.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/5/2013We were seated right away due to our reservation, but we did not know that we could reserve a booth, so we were seated in the corner near 2 drafty windows and extra chairs that were not in use, that had poor lighting. We asked to move to a more open table, which was still cold, we ate with our coats on and noticed other customes with their on as well. Booths were empty for our stay. We gave our drink and foor order quickly, but our food took a VERY long time to come, they said they were busy in the kitchen. People who came after us got their food before us and one had the same order as us. We got our bill quicky, I had to leave with the kids as they were mad at the service. The manager came over to smooth things over with my husband.
- Service was quick and efficient.fooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Service was quick and efficient.food came quickly although felt a bit forgotten near the end when we did not order desert or more drinks.Special Features: