The Fine Diner
1420 9 Avenue SE
Calgary, AB T2G 0T5Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Fine Diner
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://finedinercalgary.com/index2.php#/home/
- Phone: 4032348885x
- Hours of Operation:
Sun - Mon 8:00am - 3:00pm
Tues- Fri 7:00am - 9:00pm
Sat 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Greco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to accommodate whenever possible. We do lunch caterings for both delivery and pick up. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private dining room that can accommodate groups up to 14 people. There is a large central table in the room and it is perfect for "lunch & learns" , birthdays, showers or just going for lunch with a group of friends
- Private Party Contact: Rob 4032348885x
- Special Events: .
A word from The Fine Diner
New School Diner in Old School Inglewood. We take classic diner fare and make it for foodies. From "Traditional Eggs Benedict" to "Grilled Citrus Salad" to homemade "Meatballs". We are a Food Network featured (You Gotta Eat Here!) scratch restaurant who's goal is to serve you the freshest food in a comfortable friendly environment. Come down and see what we are talking about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Fine Diner - Best Restaurants in Inglewood ›
The Fine Diner reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (19)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (3)Show More
- Lunch at Fine DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014I took my daughter and son in law to Fine Diner on Saturday October 4th for lunch / breakfast and a get together for her birthday. Restaurant is very nice, trendy and perfect for the area. My only complaint - the bacon was so greasy I couldn't even eat it. And because it was on top of my potatoes, they became quite greasy as well.Special Features:
- Just okayGFreeSusanneDined on 9/26/2014Tried this place because they offer gluten-free options. Sadly, we had a dairy intolerance to deal with also and Fine Diner adds dairy to their burgers as a binder (a good burger never needs a binder). The food we did ultimately decide on was good. Not great, but good. The hollandaise sauce for the Eggs Benedict was curdled. The hash browns, potatoes of various colours, were yummy and probably the highlight of the meal. Our waiter was absent-minded and service was slow. He was, in his defence, required to seat guests as they arrived, as well as serve a full restaurant. If you have no diet restrictions, and don't mind waiting for service, it's worth a visit.Special Features:
- Tasty Food!!!EdamommyDined on 9/25/2014I went to Fine Diner with my mom for my birthday. I was torn between the Salmon Eggs Benny and the Duck Poutine. I chose the Duck Poutine. It was a huge dish, covered in gravy and incredibly delicious! I highly recommend it. It wasn't too rich for the size and the gravy wasn't think and not too salty. It was almost like a stew but it wasn't a stew. Order it, you will know what I mean. The ambience was great. The only bad part was our server. She was not terribly friendly and I had asked for the Duck Poutine to be wrapped up. I intentially saved half because it was so delicious. At the end we asked as she had forgot out it, she came back and said sorry someone threw it out. I was so disappointed. She didn't offer anything but sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great breakfastsherwoodlabDined on 9/21/2014Went for breakfast on Sunday, service was great and the food was even better. Would like to come back for lunch when in town again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Gluten Free FriendlyAprilDawnVIPDined on 9/15/2014Small breakfast/lunch spot seating around 35-40 people. Nice decor. Food tasted great and portion sizes were hearty. Eggs were done perfectly and the bacon was awesome, tasted like it was dipped in Maple Syrup. Hashbrowns were yummy also. Service was prompt and food came out quickly. I will go back and try some lunch items. I can't have gluten and there were quite a few gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful - as always!FoodieDined on 9/14/2014Every time my husband and I come to the Fine Diner we are absolutely blown away. The food is amazing and it has a local flare that is just perfect. Definite recommendation for breakfast- there bacon is to die for !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new fave in my brunch book!Jbro89Dined on 9/6/2014Nestled in the unique neighborhood of Inglewood, Fine Diner has plenty to offer with friendly staff, quaint atmosphere and with their fantastic menu the food is top notch. Lots of menu options to satisfy every taste bud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!RiderFanDined on 9/6/2014We absolutely love the food and the service at The Fine Diner. The breakfast and lunch menu are broad and the food fresh and tasty. The bread is excellent and their hashbrowns with different colours of potato is seasoned and cooked perfectly! The meatloaf is also delightful.Special Features:
- Don't make reservations.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014If you make reservations, you are stuck in the back room, which has a totally different ambience than the main room. I guess planning ahead and making a reservation is a bad idea. The staff didn't really seem to care either and the service showed. The food was great, but sitting in the back ruined the experience.Special Features:
- NicetimeDined on 8/28/2014Usually love the fine diner service was slow today and really impersonal, which has not been the case before maybe on off daySpecial Features:
- A brunch Favorite!KarenVIPDined on 8/17/2014The Fine Diner is one of my top 3 favourite brunch places in Calgary, with definitely the best bacon in Calgary. They cure their own, and it is like candy! Try the Croque Madame - it is to die for. Highly recommended, but make sure you get there early or be prepared for a bit of a wait on the weekends. But don't worry, the wait is always worth the delicious meal you will enjoy.Special Features:
- Excellentyeehaw6969Dined on 8/17/2014The food is amazing as is the service. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Slow brunch/lunch service.AllTheNomsDined on 8/14/2014I am usually a happy patron of the Fine Diner, but was extremely disappointed by my most recent visit. Our brunch for 4 was a 45+ minute wait. Unacceptable for a diner. We asked the server if our food would be ready as after sitting there for almost an hour, we had work to get back to. She said it was because our fourth member arrived a bit later (10 minutes) and so our order was put behind a couple of other tables. No apology. It was our entire fault the kitchen had not even started our order. The food looked rushed and we were not offered anything as consolation. Very disappointed for a 2 hour dining experience.Special Features:
- Great food; great ambiencewjbeauchDined on 8/8/2014I'm a fan.....I will just say that something I think could be a tiny bit better is the coffee. It seems weak and light roast. It just doesn't match the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food!Happy2eatDined on 8/3/2014Great food and tons of gluten free options - but no dairy free! Would have loved some almond or soy milk for my coffee!Special Features:
- Great lunch !!!HmsResoluteDined on 7/31/2014Great atmosphere and lunch was served in a unique way. Loved it.Special Features:
- Extremely slow & not worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014Restaurant had only 4 tables of 2 occupied, food took over an hour at lunch. Open kitchen so I could see some of our food was ready but they didn't bring it to the table so half of us got cold food. Salad arrived with no dressing, chicken was burnt black and tasted like a bike tire. Had to listen to the chef being rude to the waitress when he was the one making errors. Think duck dynasty only rude.
- HappyBruncherDined on 7/9/2014World's best bacon! Seriously this bacon will change your life.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchLindielouhooDined on 7/6/2014We met friends here and there was a wait even with a reservation. The service was slow and some of the requests for specific items, like a side of gravey, a glass of water and no whipping cream on an order had to be repeated a few times. The food was good but fairly slow to arrive at the table.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurantcgyeatsDined on 6/27/2014The Fine Diner is a great little restaurant that gives you that "nice" feeling with great food. We have loved every dish that we have ordered and the service is up there too. The lamb burger is on the top of the favorites list, but really you can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Work lunchLorrieDined on 6/24/2014A great spot to get away from the DT fare and have a delicious bite to eat. Breakfast for lunch is always a treat! Service was excellent and very quick. Will certainly be returning.Special Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the The Fine Diner reviews archive.
- Great Food & AmbienceBensonDined on 6/21/2014First time dining at The Fine Diner and was very happy with the experience after having it recommended by a close friend. Had a breakfast meeting and the server did not bother us at all except to refill our coffee and take our order. I would highly recommend this place for brunch on the weekend.Special Features:
- Great placeMissVIPDined on 6/18/2014Wonderful food and great for gluten free. Great people, service and what a delight to have great flavoursSpecial Features:
- Good for casual brunch or lunchGrumblytummyDined on 6/17/2014Nice food here, but the service was slow and mediocre. Go for a great sandwich or brunch, definitely a diner- inspired menu. Our server was obviously new and/ or inexperienced- several blank stares were received to simple requests. Several kids were present- the restaurant is small and not a place I would take my kids. I go again to try something else on the menu- the mac and cheese looks great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing in every aspectAvisitingCalgarianDined on 6/16/2014We opted to go to The Fine Diner for lunch based on the good reviews we've read. Unfortunately, our experience was very disappointing. The noise level was very high so it was hard to carry on a conversation - however, when the 12:00 crowd emptied out, it did quiet down to a bearable level. We ordered 3 different meals, one from the daily specials. The best part of our meals were the outstanding dill pickles! The duck poutine was cold - the cheese wasn't melted, and the gravy so thick that the tiny duck pieces were hard to distinguish and when you did they were tasteless. The lamb burger - needed more seasoning, and was very dry. The service was very slow (35 - 40 min.) We expected more.
- Great dinnerMirriDined on 6/9/2014We saw the show you gotta eat here, and I said to my husband we need to try that delicious food, we tried and we loved. Deafenily we will come back, when we see my husband's parents again, because we live in red deer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.suzyqueDined on 6/6/2014Because we were driving through Calgary from Edmonton, we unexpectedly arrived 30 minutes early but, were still seated immediately. This place is very intimate, only about 12 tables with three servers so service was great. The menu is original and the food fantastic. Portions were very reasonable without being overly large. A bit pricey for lunch but, worth it. Don't arrive right at meal times without a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehChefPDined on 6/5/2014I asked for the Maple Duck Eggs Benny with the eggs done Medium (4.5 - 5 min) and got the duck well done and the eggs were hard. I sent them back and got them runny. Ok, I'll live with it. The hash browns are deep fried (why?) and hard and crispy. Okay as a meal, but not worth driving very far to. Second of all, but actually even worse, was the NOISE. It was like being at a daycare! There must have been at least 4 tables with a minimum of one, mostly two, crying, mangy, temper-tantrumy kids. I asked the waiter what the heck was going on and he said it was like that every day. So, I'd probably head there around 10:00 am if I wanted a quiet meal. In summary, 5-6/10 for food and 0/10 for ambiance/bratty kids.Special Features:
- Different spin on foodFoodisfunDined on 5/28/2014You will find dishes that are familiar but with a bit of an upscale twist. Fresh and tasty ingredientsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBarrett2Dined on 5/19/2014We came here with our two children and right off the bat it seemed they were not welcome there as it was a bit of an "upidy" spot. The food was expertly executed and have no complaints. I got the duck benny. The duck was perfect, the eggs were perfect, and the potato was great. My wife also thoroughly enjoyed her breakfast. The service was not friendly though. They weirdly watch you like they can't wait till you leave. Not a smile to be found. I would go back for the food, not so much the service.Special Features:
- MrNibblesDined on 5/14/2014Great spot with wonderful first class diner food. Takes the ordinary and makes extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as I rememberedNickyDined on 5/9/2014I had been here before when it first opened and thought that the food, and service was amazing, this trip however failed to deliver on all of that. We waited 30 mins to get coffee refills, and the food was very bland. I dont think i will be going there again anytime soon
- Best burger I've had in a long timeRegularCustomerVIPDined on 5/8/2014The surf & turf burger special this week was just the most amazingly juicy mouth-watering burger I've had in a long, long time. And I'm a bit of a burger connoisseur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BreakfastRaineyDined on 5/7/20142 of my friends and I had breakfast on a weekday at The Fine Diner. It was a special day for us and we couldn't have picked a better way to start our special time. The food was amazing. Not at all like your usual breakfasts at chain restaurants. Everything was deliciously fresh. Even the gluten friendly items were excellent. The service was incredible too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Private RoomBusinessMeetingDined on 5/5/2014Arrived at the Fine Diner with a large group for lunch. We utilized a private dining room nearer the back of the restaurant which accommodated the twelve of us nicely. The lunch menu is broad and the food the came was great. Service was prompt and exhibited good business etiquette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Fine Diner - not so fineEswinaDined on 5/2/2014It's YYC Burger week so I selected the place based on the burger being offered by Fine Diner on the yycburgerweek.com site. The Surf n Turf burger was a disappointment. The burger is described as 5 oz beef patty topped with lobster warmed in garlic butter, cheddar cheese, housemade garlic aioli, red onion, lettuce, tomato on a butter brioche bun with a pickle spear on top and served with a side of house cut duck fat fries. I opted for salad instead of fries. The presentation was OK, my salad served in a wide mouth mason jar but I wasn't sure there was anything other than a very flat patty & cheese, the only seasoning I could detect was salt and the lobster looked and tasted like cardboard.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Went there for the first time with a few friends-- the food was great! I would recommend the food, however the service wasn't amazing. In the end the poor service ruined the experience-- we were rushed out by being asked multiple times to pay our bill and leave even though our bill was just brought to us and our coffee cups just filled. There are enough great breakfast spots in Calgary that I don't feel I ever need to go back to this one.
- Wonderful little gem in Ingelwood.lillybeensDined on 4/9/2014Great food and service, the only problem is that there is very minimal seating so a reservation is pretty much mandatory! Nice selection of food and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Staff, Good Grief!TheatreGoerDined on 4/1/2014Lunch with a friend was delicious, served Hot and with a smile from an attentive waitress. It equalled their breakfasts which are a big cut above the norm and some dishes include the best bacon in the city...As Arnie said, " I'll be back!". You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was delicious as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Food was delicious as always! Tried the Lobster Mac and Cheese this time and it was amazing!. Disappointed that the Chicken Lollipops are not longer on the menu as that was a favorite.Special Features: