The Final Cut Steakhouse
777 Casino Center Drive
Maryland Heights, MO 63043Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Final Cut Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hollywoodcasinostlouis.com/
- Phone: 3147708248x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Closed Monday & Tuesday Wednesday- Thursday 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Michael Padilla
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Final Cut Steakhouse
This is fine dining at its best. A premium steakhouse with A-list service in a unique Hollywood atmosphere. Featuring prime and premium selections of beef, succulent seafood and an extensive wine selection. Perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Final Cut Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (17)romantic (10)notable wine list (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Best mashed potatoes in the world!TheGangDined on 7/18/2014If you order nothing else, get the mashed potatoes. They are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- much imnprovementcjhdoboyDined on 7/17/2014By far the best visit I have personally had. The steaks, which had previously been substandard, were much better, but not quite up to par for the price. Crab cake was very good. House wines were good but not outstanding, it was a house wine. The bread basket was very good as was the side dish of brussel sprouts. Service was much better than on previous occasions.Special Features:
- Great MealgwynnDined on 7/13/2014Enjoyed our Meal, waiter was very good. Food was great, and prepared just right. Had the highchair that was requested with reservation. Put the baby at perfect location at the table. Much better than when English Kelly was at same location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Final Cut - 7/15/2014GreatSteakDined on 7/12/2014On our third trip to Final Cut at Hollywood in St. Louis, we found the food and drinks to once again be exceptional. The steaks were well prepared and extremely delicious! We've had two different servers on our three visits. Although both were knowledgable and courteous, this is our second service with Lisa. Lisa is a fine example of what every server should exemplify. Her positive attitude, courteous and friendly service were refreshing. She made the evening really pleasant, as her attitude helped make us forget about all the day to day worries, and just enjoy our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisappointedDisappointedAtHollywoodDined on 7/12/2014I was VERY disappointed in our dining experience. Menu prices were extremely high for the quality of our meals. I ordered the Sea Bass over Saffron Potatoes. When it arrived it was an unappealing piece of Sea Bass over thick RAW slices of potatoes. The waiter promptly acknowledged my disappointment and brought it to the attention of the chef. His response:"it's called AL DENTE". It was almost a "what do you know" type of attitude. I've had al dente pasta/asparagus/green beans. But potatoes? There's NOTHING worse. My husband ordered the filet - it had a strange chemical taste. Needless to say, we won't be back. We'll stick with CHARLIE GITTO'S. They're right next door and consistently good. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- FoodAll2getherDined on 7/6/2014The food overall was great. The crab cakes got rave reviews from everyone. The service was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014i made a reservation thru the restaurant and cancelled ..then I made a resrevation thru O T..I received an email from you saying we didnt show up..we showed up at 715 as was our reservation. No one in there, service awful, took 30 min to get a glass of wine with very few patrons. food acceptible, steakhouse, expensive should have been great..
- Food preparation was terribleStlkidDined on 6/21/2014I ordered a filet medium well, lobster tail and a baked potato. When my food came out it looked fantastic. The outside of my steak was medium well. The middle was medium rare. This is a terrible experience for a guy that doesn't eat his steaks this way. A steak house of this price should've Able to prepare a steak any way I ordered it. I sent it back to be cooked properly. When it can back out it was burned beyond belief.Special Features:
- Herrm83Dined on 6/14/2014This is our second meal at the Final Cut. Each time the food was excelent and the staff very friendly. I can not think of a better place to eat.Special Features:
- Noticeable improvementhastoberightDined on 6/14/2014The Final Cut has improved their overall dining experience from a couple of months ago. Three of us had the sea bass (excellent) and one of us had the NY strip steak also delicious, done to perfection and seasoned just right. I would once again recommend it.;Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DateDateniteDined on 6/8/2014I can't say a single negative thing about Final Cut. The service was excellent as soon as you entered and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakNoShake1Dined on 6/7/2014The food and service was great. Very service oriented staff. Steaks prepared to order.Special Features:
- casinoDined on 6/7/2014the steak was not cooked the way I ordered it. I asked for well done it was rare. the baked potato was not very hot. the dessert was good
- The following 242 reviews are from the The Final Cut Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Needs improvemnetJoeDeeVIPDined on 5/31/2014For a slow night we waited a little longer than expected. The steaks and prime rib were chewy, not choice cuts of meat as they should be. The shrimp martini appetizer is always good not so much the main courses. Servers are very nice and good at explaining offerings. We were looking forward to seeing if the food had improved since the opening but it didn't. They could use some changes to the menu and improve the meat quality.
- Fine dining at the CasinoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014We dined with friends on a Saturday night, celebrating two wedding anniversaries. The food was excellent and our server, Lisa. was perfect; very efficient, not intrusive and very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shoedogDined on 5/25/2014Okay the steak was to done. They got it mixed up with the other person at the table but I let it go. I ordered medium and she ordered medium well. Well I got hers and she got mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worse than a Hollywood B-movieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2014This place has "gone to the edge" in cost-cutting and seems to have become a place for the convenience of a casino. It was good as the Range and really creative as Kelly English (Harrah's), and okay as Final Cut originally (Hollywood). Sunday night, the kitchen was at a snail's pace, even with empty tables, the limited staff (runners) seemed overloaded, and a bit confused at times - and, for the first time, the food could best be defined as MEDIOCRE, and an insult to even a second-rate steak house. Three cheers for Aleta(?) - really great - but one person doesn't make a restaurant. Penn National also owns Argosy in KC, and the difference between them is more than the 250 miles; maybe they should learn something in STL.
- Exquisite dining experienceSandiDined on 5/24/2014We began our dining experience at Final Cut Steakhouse with the Seafood Martini that contained shrimp ,lobster and crab. It was wonderful. Then we had ribeye steaks cooked to perfection. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Final cutLucasDined on 5/24/2014Food and service was very good. The seafood appetizer is our favorite. I will go back again. I wish they were open more daysSpecial Features:
- I hosted a dinner for my family.wishIwastheretonightDined on 5/21/2014My family and I had a great time. I have already received feedback from them about how good the food was. I know my dinner was great. The service personnel were friendly and seemed to care that everything was done to our satisfaction.Special Features:
- great for redeeming reward compsKOBintheCWEDined on 5/17/2014Since I've earned lots of reward comps at the Hollywood casino, we decided to "spend" some by eating at the Steakhouse on Saturday evening. We each had a very good spinach salad to begin. Then we ordered 8 oz filets, cooked medium. I ordered a baked sweet potato as well. The sweet potato, with its brown-sugar butter, was phenomenal. The steaks? My guest's was undercooked, though he ate it. My steak was a bit too well done for medium. The flavor was okay. Would I have been unhappy had I been paying "real" money for this meal? Probably. But it was either "free", or the not-so-good, most expensive steak dinner I've had (due to the hundreds of $$ it took to earn those reward points)...and not worth it.Special Features:
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2014The meal was terrific, much improved from the previous steakhouse that was here.Special Features:
- hollywoodmikeDined on 4/30/2014the last few times my wife and i have been to this facility i have found the cooking of the 14 oz, ny strip, which i always order, to be inconsistent...i order the steak, "well done, no pink"...on a few occassions the steak has been served pinkish red and needed to be returned...it ultimately was cooked as ordered and still tasted great, but after hitting the stove the second time it was somewhat dryer than those steaks which had been cooked correctly the first time...our server had notified a manager and he visited the table...he got involved, served the steak himself after it had been returned from the kitchen and apologizedSpecial Features:
- steak nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/30/2014Ribeye steak was flavorful and cooked the way it was ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dry-aged beef cooked to perfectionillinoisloyDined on 4/26/2014The thick cut dry-aged new york strip was cooked perfectly. An experience all by itself, but with the ceasar salad and bread pudding extravaganza one gets an amazing meal.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricecjhdoboyDined on 4/12/20145 guys, four steaks. beef not up to par for the price. Too much dressing on the caesar salads. Corn chowder was excellent. Shrimp martinis and crab cakes were very good. One of the steaks came out the wrong size and cooked wrong and was an end piece of prime rib. Bill came out overcharging us for a complete prime rib.Special Features:
- Good FoodBetthecomeDined on 4/5/2014This was the first time I have eaten at the Final Cut STeakhouse. We selected it to celebrate my birthday while we were at Holloywood CAsino. The food was good, price was a little high for the value of the food. Enjoyed it, waiter was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- New & improved...try itMarkDined on 4/5/2014Like most of the new Hollywood, they are working hard to improve on the old Harrah's property. The Final Cut is far superior to the old Kelly English. Food was excellent, service was excellent, all over quality...definately worth a visit.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I expectedfoodieDined on 3/29/2014walked in a walked out - -just seeing what was on other diners plates made me not want to eat there. The staff was very pleasant though,
- Service excellent, food veryCandyVIPDined on 3/29/2014Service excellent, food very average for an upscale steakhouse.
- Everything was great until....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014the food was gone. I rarely complain or make fuss of food service but I was a bit annoyed this time. For the first 1/2 hour our server came around regularly making sure we were okay. He filled our drinks, brought the bread timely and was very kind. Once the food came he basically never showed up again. We waited longer for our check than the food. 20+ min. Once we finally asked another server to check in on him he came over and we asked for our check. It took what seemed like another 20 minutes (probably 10) to get our check and another 5-10 to settle. Normally we aren't in a big rush when we eat but I would recommend anticipating someone wanting their check 20 minutes into them getting their food and having it ready to go.Special Features:
- Food StuffDollDined on 3/29/2014The food was fine but the waiting time was way to long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Prime Rib was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014The Prime Rib was excellent but the Lobster Bisque was so salty that I could not eat it. Service was extremely slow.
- baddaveDined on 3/23/2014longhorn steaks far better cooks did not know how to cook steaks
- Very Quality SteakhouseCDavisDined on 3/22/2014Everything that we ordered was high quality, and well presented. I did order my Filet Rare, and it was slightly over-cooked for my taste, but aside from that the entire meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahhhBenjaminDined on 3/22/2014Honestly not worth the price. The food was good quality, but under seasoned and over priced. The service was just okay. The best part of the whole meal was the bread.
- mickeymickDined on 3/22/2014oysters were tiny but good. My prime rib was the best I've had in a long. Nice and rare, juicy and good flavor. everyone seemed satisfied with their selection but the rib eye looked more like a strip steak but tasted good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Carpaccio was the bestfish2Dined on 3/15/2014The Carpaccio was the best ever. The Filet Mignon was excellent and the Wahoo was outstanding. and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingjosephDined on 3/15/2014Everything was great begining with service and outstanding meals... only issue was seated next to kitchen and could smeel fish when it was cooking not so well with steakSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The host was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2014The host was very friendly as was the waiter. Food was very good, but it was slow getting to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.