The Fifth Element
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Fifth Element
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tthefifthri.com/
- Phone: 4016192552
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris DePerro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We host several types of parties including rehearsal, birthday, bridal, and baby showers. Please see our website or call for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Frank 4016192552
- Entertainment: Live music Friday and Saturday night starting at 10pm. Live music Sunday Brunch from 12 - 3pm. Special events throughout the year.
A word from The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element, in its new incarnation, is a casual-hip dining hangout populated by locals, destination diners and tourists alike. The interior is finished with a winning combination of rustic and industrial decor. Its wide open space is hardly cold or sterile. It is warm and welcoming, made so by earth-toned paints, water walls, touches of soft upholstered furniture and a prodigious bar built from reclaimed old growth pine. Like the space in which it is served, the food of The Fifth Element is multi-textured. Chef Chris DePerro builds flavors that evoke satisfying feelings of home cooking, but done by the hand of a pro. In no way is his food homespun. It is well thought out. It is seasonal. It is fresh. Simply, it is food you crave.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Fifth Element - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
The Fifth Element reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (9)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (8)romantic (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- No element...chloebuttsVIPDined on 8/9/2014this is more like a nightclub that happens to have food. And mediocre food at that. The waitresses (I did not see any waiters) were all dressed in LBD's and dressed more for a night out than for working one of the what is considered one of the "better" restaurants in Newport. I was excited to go here and just became more and more disappointed as the night went on. The food and service were less than on par and kudos to the marketing team and the web developer, they make the place look much better than it is.
- Creative fusion winnersyachtchef81Dined on 7/25/2014Three adventuresome foodies pounced on the spicy lamb poutine, cleaning up every drop of the au jus 'gravy'. The classics - fish tacos, calamari salad (which delivered plenty of flavor without the cliche hot pepper rings) and heirloom tomato insalata Caprese proved why classics, done very well, will never disappear from the menu. Great seared crust on the cod, with littlenecks. Steak perfectly seasoned and perfectly cooked. The thin crust pizza of the moment was far greater than the sum of i's parts - roasted zucchini, goat cheese & pancetta on a thin glaze of San Marzano tomato sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2sustersDined on 7/19/2014Good variety on the menu. I had the rainbow trout. Nice portions. The atmosphere is open air yet cozy. We left before live music but what a nice option for late nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best mussels everFamilyfromPhillyDined on 7/19/2014We all enjoyed our meals but the big hits were the mussels and the sticky toffee pudding. Filet and cod w/ clams were also good as was the Element Salad. Service was excellent - very helpful and friendly. BTW - the cucumber martinis are refreshing and potent!Special Features:
- Great PlaceyummyDined on 7/19/2014I went to the Fifth Element with a Bachelorette party and the service and ambience was fantastic. The food was great and drinks were unreal and the price was reasonable. All around 5 star dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OceanmanDined on 7/18/2014our visit was great as always Have been there a dozen or so times and have always enjoyed the food and service. We are locals and always tell our friends to go there. Food is very good and the staff is always friendly and professional. One of Newports best.......Special Features:
- Ok food on a grey dayUSDickinsonVIPDined on 7/4/2014Had reservations and it seemed they were a bit understaffed for the crowd. Food was ok - marguerita pizza amd burger good, but pasta was overcooked and the beef not tenderized enough for the cut. More of a bar and burger scene insideSpecial Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014Was visiting Newport with a friend and just looking for a more out of the way place for dinner. Fifth Element was a wonderful discovery! A little noisy, but not a problem for us. the food was fantastic and a good selection for various tastes. Our waitress was wonderful - and the dessert of toffee pudding was delicious!Special Features:
- good for groupsjulien13Dined on 6/7/2014We had a group of 11 over the weekend dine here and the service and food were perfect! We had a variety of appetizers and entrees from the regular menu as well as the specials menu and everyone was happy and satisfied. I would recommend going there.Special Features:
- nice place for a family dinnerTizLozVIPDined on 5/24/2014kids loved pizza and pasta, we had a beef steak and the special of the day (a dorade with curry vegetables)...we ended with a delicious chocolate pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerGeoMarDined on 5/17/2014We went to dinner for 7PM on a Saturday night. For drinks we ordered the cucumber martini and dark and stormy...both good choices. We ordered the spinach balls for our appetizer. They were excellent with the right size portion. Wish we knew what was in them to replicate at home. For entrees we ordered off the specials list. We tried the NY strip and salmon specials. Both were very good. There is a limited menu; however, we enjoyed the limited choices. There were plenty of good options to choose and the specials added another five or so options. For dessert we ordered the sticky toffee pudding. This was an excellent choice to end the evening. Our service was good as well. An excellent dinner for our 15th anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Evening in NewportJimBDined on 5/10/2014Our first time here. The food was excellent. Drink service was a bit slow. Very loud at times.
- The following 4 reviews are from the The Fifth Element reviews archive.
- Great tasting foodRickVIPDined on 4/4/2014Food was delicious, especially the bread pudding. Service was excellent, overall a nice experience.
- Very cool vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2014Small menu but delicious food! What really sold me was the cool interior; awesome bar and lounge areas but then you also had a bit more "formal" dining area in another section. Loved the decor and overall feel! Would definitely come again for food or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceCLNYVIPDined on 3/19/2014Small, but very inventive menu. Apps of Lamb Kabobs and Roasted Oysters were superb. The Entree of a marinated beef steak cut from the shoulder was new to me. I had never tried that cut of meat. Not as tender as Filet Mignon, but much more flavorful and better texture. A Winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are locals and this isMandEMVIPDined on 3/8/2014We are locals and this is one of our favorite places in Newport. Food and service are always excellant. Can be a nice quite dinner in the dining room or fun casual time in bar area...same great food. Live music on the weekends. Always a nice crowd of people having fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.