The Fieldhouse Cafe
2601 Minnesota Ave
Billings, MT 59101Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Fieldhouse Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thefieldhousemt.com/
- Phone: 4065342556
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Tuesday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Harman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Fieldhouse Cafe
The Fieldhouse Cafe sources locally, sustainably sourced food grown and raised under the Big Sky right here in Montana.Almost Everything is made from scratch with whole foods, right down to the ketchup. Join us in celebrating honest food, treated well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Fieldhouse Cafe - Best Restaurants in Billings ›
The Fieldhouse Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (12)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (7)romantic (7)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014As a vegetarian, I found an excellent selection of vegetable-type small plates. I would have liked to see a better choice of veg entrees which include some protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealLynneVIPDined on 8/29/2014We were on a long car trip out west, and this was the best restaurant we ate at on the whole trip. Very imaginative chef, perfectly cooked, great, cute waitress, who served everything perfectly!Special Features:
- Great Service! Delicious Meal!BlancheMaisonDined on 8/22/2014Ate there for dinner, for the 50th plus time. Loved that the waitress came up and spoke with me while I was waiting for my friend to arrive. She remembered my food preferences and told the chef without me asking. My friend had never eaten at the Fieldhouse and loved it. Fresh ingredients. Delicious food. Friendly staff. I love The Fieldhouse.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit as a couple to this restaurant and it was amazing. It was the first time in more than a year my husband's steak was cooked perfectly! I had the salmon entertains it was also perfect! The combinations the chef ha created are unusual,but very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LandoDined on 8/8/2014Our food tasted very good and we enjoyed how our server poured the lemonade into the glass for us. The portions of most of our meal were big enough to be satisfying, but my girlfriend ordered a Baby Kale Salad for $7.00 intending on solely having that for dinner. The salad was tiny. I know that going to a place like this, the portions are expected to be smaller than average but the size of the salad was ridiculous. Other than that we were pretty happy with our experience here.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedtastetesterDined on 8/8/2014I found the industrial/rustic decor very inviting. The staff were kind and attentive. It was clean. Family friendly. The food was good and the price fair. It is great if you are up for trying something new and fresh.Special Features:
- Brussel sproutsGrammyDined on 7/31/2014You make Brussels sprouts amazing but I still miss your truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was good a first, now it sucksOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014I will never go back................................................................................................................................................................................
- Good Find in Billings!George1505Dined on 7/25/2014This is Chicago caliber dining in Billings, MT - definitely worth checking out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Food took over an hour to get. Halibut was VERY dry. I have been to Fieldhouse Cafe previously and been pleased with the food, however, i was extremely disappointed this time. I am unsure if I will be back.
- Local and good!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014I enjoy eating at the Feildhouse on a regular basis! The only thing I find disheartening is the constant change of the menu! They had some really great pulled pork coleslaw tacos and they removed them from the menu. Others very nice locally own spot with a limited yet tasty variety! Make sure you make a reservation the resturaunt is kind of small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous flavorCuffingtonDined on 7/10/20144 of us went and we were not disappointed!!! The food and wine were great, and service was excellent!!!Special Features:
- Disappointing Anniversary MealFoodieMamaDined on 7/10/2014We made this reservation as our special anniversary lunch. We indicated that it was with our reservation, and the hostess knew it when she seated us next to the super loud kitchen and staff eating at the bar. We have been to the Fieldhouse several times. The service is usually better, but this time it was not very friendly. The food is pretty good (with a bit of salt), and the menu is pretty fun. May people have been referred to the Fieldhouse by us in the past, but not since our disappointing anniversary lunch. Not receiving any points for the first meal we reserved in Billings on OpenTable was just another disappointment (and, yes, we told the hostess right away when we arrived that we made our reservation here. The details matter.
- DeliciousNYCDinerDined on 6/14/2014Everything we ordered was fresh and flavorful. Portions were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulously tasty!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014and we loved the unprocessed angle! I am not a huge freak for the new "organic" label that is being plastered everywhere, branding everything that is un"organic" some sort of devils spawn.. that being said, the homemade time intensive, and creative level were outstanding! My husband had the steak, the 18 yr old had a burger, the 10 yr old daughter had the special like her mother (me) Halibut. it was excellent, my favourite was the baby kale salad with a house vinaigrette infused with lime and quinoa! so unbelievably good!! I will be trying to replicate it at home!! thank you for a wonderful experience to the owners!! the work was appreciated and enjoyed immensely! :)Special Features:
- Great eveningGrammyDined on 5/29/2014It was a great meal. The service was wonderful and the lemon risotto was a amazing. I appreciate it that you have a child's menu and you work to accommodate their tastes but it would be nice if you added a vegetable or fruit side to their quesadilla and fries. A small kids portion. After all they have to try new things. Great evening, we will be back.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the The Fieldhouse Cafe reviews archive.
- expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014The best food at our table was the special at $31. Avocado tacos were shredded greens on a tortiila- pretty tasteless.
- ExcellentWillVisitAgainDined on 5/10/2014Excellent service! Our server was very polite and knowledgeable about pairing of wine with the courses. The wait for food was a little long, but the taste was impeccable.Special Features:
- lunch with girlfriendPeggyDined on 5/8/2014The food was great as always and the service was wonderful also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic foodJoannieb1Dined on 5/7/2014We had been before, but this was for a work meeting. The food blew us away. Great taste and not your boring items. From the incredible Brussels to the MacSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fieldhouse FantasticTeddybDined on 5/6/2014AS per usual the Fieldhouse was fantastic. It was my Mother's 85th b-day and she truly enjoyed everything, as did I. Love the place. I'm a foodie so this place is right up my alley.Special Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014The food is amazing! Loved the French press but it was pretty weak. The service was good, but a little slow, on a not super busy day. Would eat here every day if I could...too bad it's an 8 hour drive from home...Special Features:
- excellent food, superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/2/2014appetizers phenomenal. great wait staff, esp Ryan.Special Features:
- Service ?? Food--OK AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014Service ?? Food--OK Ambience ??? FAR TOO MUCH NoiseSpecial Features:
- Awesome Food & Dining Experience!RedneckDined on 4/4/2014Awesome is the term our 30 year old son used to describe his meal. My wife and I absolutely agree (albeit we are older & would describe the dining experience as excellent). The brisket was perfection, with an array of flavors; the house salad and beet salad were delicious; my wife was impressed by the extraordinary hamburger & fires; excellent wine & beer list. Owners are knowledgeable, friendly and passionate about ensuring you have a unique, outstanding dining experience. Reasonably priced with quality preparation, presentation and portions. If you have not experienced the Field-House Restaurant, do yourself a big favor and try it - you will be happy you did (take a friend or family with you to share the experience)! Awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nailed it!BillyfooderDined on 3/29/2014From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, the Feildhouse Cafe left no stones unturned! The service was not only gracious and attentive but answered every question with flying colors! We'll be coming back for sure, I highly recommend this restaurant!
- Great PlaceAndyDined on 3/22/2014This place is awesome!!! Took my wife and our 3 kids here for lunch. The food, staff, and atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service, Atmosphere: GREAT!ShinfaDined on 3/21/2014We are becoming very attached to the Fieldhouse. This is the third time have eaten here in the last month and the food is exceptional, the creative re-use of space, and the knowledgeable friendly and efficient staff all make this a top choice for a great, reasonably priced meal in Billings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timer and going back.BJdaDJDined on 3/15/2014Food was great, service just as good, and definitely going back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/friendly staffShinfaDined on 3/14/2014The Fieldhouse provides local foods prepared with exceptional quality in a bright, open setting. Will try to eat here often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Montana treasurejodieDined on 3/8/2014If you are going out for dinner in Billings - absolutely do not miss the Fieldhouse Café. I have enjoyed lunches there for some time but our dinner experience this past weekend was 5 star. My husband was concerned that he would not be able to find anything on the trendy menu for his liking. Boy was he wrong. He had the Waygu beef Montana raised over mashed potatoes and carrots. I had the chicken over risotto. Another guest had the Vegetarian plate and it was incredible. The flavors were beyond belief. My husband's portion of beef was almost too much for him to eat - which never happens. What a delight. We are going back this week. I hear the Mac and Cheese it to die for. Wines were a very good selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful again!PeggyDined on 2/27/2014I had a friend join me that had never been to the Fieldhouse and she will be back with her husband for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualMcroftDined on 2/22/2014We took friends there for their first time, and they loved it. The wait staff was so friendly, and the specials were great. The hubby got the mac and cheese as usual, and the tomato rissotto with my chicken was to die for. The hebi special my friend got was fabulous! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Favorite!FoodieDined on 2/15/2014The food is always wonderful... fresh ...inventive. We can't dine here without ordering the Brussel Sprouts as an appetiser.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Fun AmbianceDiningIsADelightDined on 2/8/2014Dining at the Fieldhouse is never a disappointment. Brunch on Saturdays with music is fun and of course yummy. A recent dinner with friends were thoroughly enjoyed. The fish, meatloaf (loved by two) and the mac 'n cheese were great! Don't forget to try the roasted beet appetizer with the delicious dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemIAStevenDined on 2/8/2014Great service, very nice atmosphere, good service. The 9 oz rib-eye steak special with mash taters for $32.00 was a little over priced, in my book.Special Features:
- What a surprisemtcyclistDined on 1/24/2014I had read some not so glowing reviews of The Fieldhouse Cafe but after talking to another couple we decided to give it a try. We were pretty impressed. The service was first-rate, friendly and attentive but not over-bearing. We tried the vegan grilled Brussel Sprouts and they were very good but would be even better with actual Parmesan cheese. The Truffle Fries were also quite good. My wife and I decided to split the Meatloaf and Mac and Cheese. Both were excellent. We had strawberry shortcake for dessert and it was the only thing we ordered that was not as good as we expected, because the homemade shortcake had either been around too long or had been baked a bit too long. It wasn't bad, just not as good as I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delectableim4cnwDined on 1/16/2014Every bite at The Fieldhouse is a smile-producing culinary experience. There is no other restaurant I know if in Billings that I could describe in this way. The staff was friendly and attentive, and helped insure my wife and I had a pleasant dinner. The ambiance is peaceful, stylish, and sometimes thought-provoking. I enjoyed the meatloaf (again), and my wife was very glad she chose the shrimp special. We shared the Parmesan fries as a starter, and both decided that the home-made ketchup was a marvel. If you are seeking a memorable and satisfying fine-dining experience in Billings, head over to The Fieldhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemoutonthetownDined on 1/16/2014Tucked away off the main street is well worth seeking out. The grilled cheese with polenta fries was amazing and the cuban black bean soup was zesty. our waiter was very helpful and knew the wine list and was spot on with his suggestion. When next we are in Billings it is a must for us!!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceKSMTDined on 1/10/2014Second time to the Fieldhouse and it was just as good as the first. The food was fantastic and the service was very prompt and pleasant. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.