The Feed Store
3841 Main St.
College Park, GA 30337Neighborhood:
Airport / College Park
SouthernPrice: $31 to $50
The Feed Store
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thefeedstorerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 209-7979
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Cooper Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two private dining rooms seating up to 25 in the smaller and up to 45 in the larger. Please contact the restaurant to book the private dining rooms.
- Private Party Contact: Patrick Witt 404-209-7979
A word from The Feed Store
The Feed Store Restaurant, located in historic College Park, originally known as J.D. Smith Grain Co. operating as a true Southern feed store. Operated under the same family that ran the original feed store, The Feed Store Restaurant now serves updated Southern food as opposed to the chicken and duck feed that it used to serve patrons. Changing menus four times a year, and focusing on anything and everything that is seasonal and locally grown, Executive Chef Peter Golaszewski (formerly of the Ritz-Carlton Buckhead), brings a unique twist to true Southern staples. Located minutes from the airport, the Feed Store Restaurant offers two private dining rooms (one for 45, the other for 25), something difficult to find in and around the airport area. Also featuring a separate bar for quiet cocktails or a glass of wine from our wine list featuring the expected and the unexpected at an affordable price.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Feed Store reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (4)special occasion (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Try the seared salmon!pazuzuDined on 11/12/2014Seasoning on the salmon was delicious! Never tried fried green tomatoes...maybe I missed something but they weren't great, just ok. Crab cakes much better. Parking lot only slightly scary because of the darkness at dusk. Evening lights were on when we got out and not so bad after all.
- Atmosphere...GREAT!DmanDined on 10/24/2014It was a great meal...the setup of the restaurant made it feel as though your table was the only one in the place.Special Features:
- Good Local FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We had the fried chicken and the shrimp & grits. Both were extremely good. The dining room is in an old feed store front so it adds so quaintness to dining.Special Features:
- Would def go back!ShellyDined on 9/26/2014we went for lunch. Were greeted right away and our special need of a "rush" was noted and regarded, as we were on lunch break from a conference. My friend's burger and sweet potato fries were wonderful! My tilapia sandwich was very good...but I wish I'd ordered the burger. The side salad was terrific, especially considering it was a side and not a main salad.Special Features:
- DouglasvilleiteDined on 9/13/2014Stopped by for dinner on Saturday, through our whole meal it was total of 4 tables. There was wait for the food which did not match with no one else being there. Had the cheese plate which was disappointing, on menu mentioned some companions to the cheese which did not come on the plate. Cheese was disappointing also. Had the fried chicken (not on the bone) which was OK, shrimp and grits did not work well, the grits were not creamy and had strange flavor to them. Short ribs was good, vegetables with them were very good. The short ribs were fatty which I thought if were slow cooked would had not been there
- Feed StoreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Poorly staffed restaurant. Waited over an hour for food. Over priced and very small portions
- Consistant and always goodUPSETVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service always good...always a great place to eat lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:
- GeneDined on 8/29/2014The ambiance and service was superb. The food was just ok. I was expecting the food to be real soul food but rather it was really good food ruined by the chef.
- The following 203 reviews are from the The Feed Store reviews archive.
- Just Okay!gashopperDined on 7/11/2014We were greeted at the door and seated immediately. Our server passed out food menus and wine menus; cocktails were not listed but the server ensured that we could order anything. 1/2 of the group ordered wine and 2 ordered cocktails. The cocktails were not made as expected so the server replaced them with other cocktails. Our server brought two different types of appetizers to the table for us to sample on the house (the restaurant was empty). Our food arrived freshly prepared but with limited seasonings. The service was excellent; our server was attentive to our needs and refilled water and other drink orders quickly. The food was disappointing because it lacked sufficient seasonings.Special Features:
- Great FindMajorloveDined on 7/2/2014My wife and I attended there for our 20th anniversary. The service and the food was beyond expectations. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mouth-watering fried chickenPeachtreeCityGuyDined on 6/26/2014I enjoy having a business lunch there and the fried chicken is exceptional. The notice on the door about crime is an eye-opener, but I appreciate their honesty and caring about their patrons. They need cameras in the parking lot. I would like the location, quality food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good business lunchscheshDined on 6/24/2014Went for a business lunch. Was seated and served promptly. Food was very good and service was very good. Atmosphere fine for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Some former co-workers and I bid farewell to a retiring colleague and had a great dinner. The food was excellent (bacon topped scallops).Special Features:
- Great airport locale.CanpickemDined on 6/11/2014We were looking for a great place for a quick overnight stay for catching an early am flight out the next day. Location was a little sketchy and from the outside it did appear closed. Glad we took a chance and would go back.Special Features:
- southside hot spotronandkimVIPDined on 6/5/2014its hard to find a great restaurant so close to the airport. i had a dinner meeting with a companion who just flew in from Barcelona and we were both very impressed with the menu and the quality of each dish we had. The calamari and lamb were particularly good.Special Features:
- Fun in AtlantaMarkIDined on 5/28/2014We found the Feed Store via Yelp and Opentable while on vacation in Georgia and South Carolina. It was a nice surprise to find a very nice restaurant near our hotel near the airport. Sara enjoyed her lamb and the wonderful potatoes, while I filled up on short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Great placef if near the Altanta airport. Exceptionally attentive service and upscale southern food with a twist made this a night to remember. Must do if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceWillReturnDined on 5/10/2014Had dinner at the Feed Store with my family. Very friendly staff who were personally interested in our dining experience. Shrimp & Grits were a wee bit bland, but that won't keep us away. Well worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findRDHsmilesDined on 5/8/2014Stayed in Atlanta one night and found this little treasure-great southern style food. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseBillDined on 4/21/2014Our first time and very pleasant surprise. The food was outstanding and we loved the décor of the restaurant. The noise level was very high and several groups were close to us and definitely too loud which made it difficult to have a normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise near AirportFrequentTravelerDined on 4/16/2014Great place near the Atlanta Airport. The Shrimp and Grits were fantastic and the staff were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- calamari was a recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2014calamari was a recommended appetizer...they came out slightly undercooked and greasy, like the oil was not hot enough. The short ribs and lamb shank was good but the side dishes were the best part of the dinner.Special Features:
- DisappointedPatsyJDined on 3/26/2014This restaurant's website had us looking forward to visiting, but the reality was different. Waited almost 30 minutes for our appetizer, and close to an hour for our entrees. When they came, the presentation was good, but the food was mediocre... did not match the rather steep price tag. My friend ordered a $40 ribeye steak medium well, and it was very well done and more than half was fatty. My chicken was fine, but not a $21 dish.
- We went for a late lunch priorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/26/2014We went for a late lunch prior to a flight out of ATL. The Salad was fresh and dressed properly,the burgers were cooked properly to our requests and the fries were seriously one minute out of the oil....also the soups were steaming hot. The service was attentive and friendly, and the space was modern with an old world spin. I will definately return when in Atlanta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJodi510Dined on 3/14/2014Very trendy restaurant, awesome menu, and great atmosphere. We had a delayed flight and were stuck in Atlanta and found this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!chellebelleDined on 3/13/2014The Feed Store came highly recommended from a friend. Went out of my comfort zone to try two southern favorites; chicken and waffles (appetizer) and shrimp & grits. Amazing! The candied ginger on the chicken was a perfect compliment. This place is a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJtheNunnVIPDined on 3/10/2014I have gone several times . Always a positive experience. Great decor. Very close to Atl Airport which is a big plus since I am a frequent traveler . I have held several business meetings in addition to personal dining with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service mattersMissDecemberDined on 3/7/2014I had been looking forward to dining at The Feed Store since I grew up in College Park & remembered it as an actual feed store. Our reservations were early (6:30pm). We were seated immediately upon arrival and the hostess was outstanding. It took a very long time for our server to approach our table. It was downhill after that. The Hostess kept returning to our table refilling water and giving us words Of encouragement about our meal order. Don't know where our server was Or why she seemed to be ignoring us. We finally received our dinner. - over an hour after we placed it. The restaurant was not that busy so there was no excuse for the poor service we received.
- Love, love, loved it!MimiDined on 2/28/2014I was in Atlanta for one day and wanted to try some southern cuisine. The Feed Store is right near the airport. It couldn't be prettier. It is in a historic building that must have been a feed store. The staff was wonderful. I was with my niece who is so shy that she won't look up when she places her order and the waiter took special care of her and asked her to come back. The food was delicious. I had the gulf shrimp and grits and loved it. The lemon vinagrette salad dressing was delicious. My sister had the trout and my niece the lamb shank. We all left happy, and too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service just OK....but theAndreaVIPDined on 2/24/2014Service just OK....but the food is great! Get the fried chicken! Best I've had in ATL!Special Features:
- Excellent - Must tryCulinaryVIPDined on 2/19/2014The Feed Store is an excellent concept with a cool back story. The place was filled with larger groups and the service was more than acceptable. The wine list is notable, not the most extensive, but have enough for any palette. The entrees, Fried Chicken and Shrimp n' Grits, were delicious and well-seasoned. I strongly recommend at least trying these dishes. The soft drinks were kinda flat, but nothing major.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.cbreezyDined on 2/15/2014Perfect for Valentine's day. Service was friendly without being overbearing. Well lit and quiet. I was actually able to hold a conversation while we ate. The food tasted good, but the scene was excellent and it was the real draw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Feed Store was OKATLFoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014The Feed Store was OK. Nothing special. So, don't go out of your way to get there. The food was a bit under seasoned. Opentable had very little open reservation times available so I thought the place would be packed, but it was dead. On Valentines Day!
- Special Occasionsecret19admirer69Dined on 2/14/2014Thanks for the memories of our Valentine's Day dinner experience . Both the Shrimp/Grits and the Lamb Shank were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WorstMaggieDined on 2/14/2014They began by saying they don't serve bread anymore because they had to throw too much away. I had a vegetable plate: sauted spinach (it was ok), skillet creamed corn (straight from a cheap can of creamed corn put in a LITTLE skillet), mac and cheese (tasted like a box of velveta mac & cheese. It cost $17 and it didn't even fill the plate. Also, nothing was seasoned. Husband had ribeye (cooked well but not seasoned...no salt....no pepper...nothing). It came with horseradish mashed potatoes (couldn't even taste the horseradish, it was cold and not seasoned) and brussel sprouts (sliced and were extremely hard and again not seasoned). Horribly disappointed since it was Valentine's Day.
- Where is Everybody!kankeadDined on 2/8/2014I have been going to this restaurant for years. It is truly a gem outside the normal listing of Buckhead restaurants. It is one of the better restaurants on the Southside. I cannot understand why more people don't know about it! The food and the atmosphere are excellent. The wine selection is small, but very good too. If you are looking for low key, and something different from the various quality chain restaurants in the Southern Crescent, then this is your place…and you don't have to drive all the way to Midtown or Buckhead!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had dinner with a very dearDinnerDined on 2/3/2014Had dinner with a very dear friend who celebrated a birthday, the food was satisfactory. This is a good restaurant if you are in College Park but I would not go out of my way to dine at the Feed Store. A little more attention to detail could take this restaurant to the next level.Special Features:
- Excellent shrimp po'boydiningkevVIPDined on 1/31/2014Decided to try the fried shrimp po'boy for lunch. It was excellent! Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks for staying open for us!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/28/2014The worst winter storm in recent history in Atlanta, only one other table in the place, and they graciously stay to serve us a very fine meal. We couldn't have been more pleased with our experience and I certainly look forward to visiting again...under less snowy conditions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/20/2014It was my first time there. Was staying at an airport hotel and it was recommended. Great dinner, took a group of co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.