The Fat Radish
17 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
BritishPrice: $31 to $50
The Fat Radish
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefatradishnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 300-4053
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, British
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Towill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 2123004053x
- Special Events: For special event inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
A word from The Fat Radish
The Fat Radish is a new restaurant in the Lower East Side from the Silkstone team inspired by seasonal, modern British cooking with an emphasis on farm-table practices and local sourcing. Like Silkstone's Catering and Events, the restaurant provides honest, fresh and healthy food to a stylish and contemporary table. The team sources the finest seasonal and heritage produce from specialist local farms and has created a communal setting that, like their food, is vibrant, approachable, and made by caring hands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fat Radish reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (100)neighborhood gem (72)hot spot (53)romantic (38)good for groups (35)great for brunch (33)special occasion (27)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (11)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- egh. cash only!?marissaDined on 11/22/2014while it's on their website AND the menu... who carries cash these days!? none-the-less, the food what superb, that it made having to run out for cash post meal totally worth it. get the dill biscuit - it's beyond delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go!CourtneyDined on 11/19/2014Perfect for a date on a Wednesday or Thursday night. Atmosphere/ambiance is a 10. Perfect balance of good music, lively scene but you can still talk to your dinner partner and hear yourself think. Great The food was absolutely delicious - grilled cheese with pickles for an appetizer? Enough said. Kale Caesar salad was also killer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014My husband and I met another couple here for dinner after hearing about it on Well & Good. The ambiance and decor were really nice but I noticed pretty quickly that the staff was kind of rude and didn't seem overly thrilled to work there. When our friends arrived, 5 minutes after our reservation time, the host accused us of being 25 minutes late, and said that he would hold our table but we had a time limit. When I reminded him that we were only 5 minutes late he was rude and basically didn't blew me off. However, I assume he realized his mistake because he didn't try to rush us out after dinner, but he also never came over to apologize for the mistake. Anyway, barring that initial experience the food was really good and fresh and we had a really nice dinner! My friends order was incorrect but they fixed it quickly. I would definitely recommend The Fat Radish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findhealthysoulfoodDined on 11/8/2014We met up with long time friends here and there was something for everyone - vegetarian dishes were amazing and food fit for carnivore too!Special Features:
- DisappointingAJH76Dined on 11/8/2014Highly recommended but unfortunately on our visit the food was quite bland. Starter was also undercooked. Lovely venue and feel we may have just been unlucky.
- Great food, great serviceDeadeaVIPDined on 11/7/2014A group of friends and I dined here on a busy Friday night. Beyond the delicious food, the service was amazing. From the host, to the bartender and the waitress, they all made a special effort to make a dining experience a memorable one. This place is doing it right.Special Features:
- Cosy and rustic home cooked foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/4/2014Loved our dinner at the fat radish. The staff were friendly and the place was buzzing with a warm candlelit ambience to set the scene. The food was delicious and homey. The green fish curry in particular was excellent. I would go backSpecial Features:
- Stylish comfort foodPerfectionDined on 11/2/2014We visited on a Sunday night. Everything from the wine of the day--a red reisling-unusual to the service was super. It was quiet when we got there, but the restaurant quickly filled. It had a nice buzz, but we could still have a conversation. Particularly loved the peeky toe crab appetizer and the fried chicken. Stylish comfort food for a cold night, loved the setting and friendly but not intrusive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014One of the best farm to table spots in the City! Choices of appetizers and entrees are great. Really nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely not returningettalot3VIPDined on 10/31/2014Food was pitiful. Paltry portions, insanely overpriced, so greasy. I wish they cared as much about the food as they do about the decor.
- FantasticfrenchfoodieinnycDined on 10/29/2014Not only I would recommand this place, but my husband and I are going almost every day there! We are addict to their gorgeous, tasty yet healthy food!! Such a pity we are visiting only for this week. If we come back to NYC we would definitely go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy eatingEzzerDined on 10/28/2014I do love this restaurant, although at one point I was convinced it was a totally vegetarian menu, we were happy to find it caters for hearty meat eaters also. Brilliant food, great taste combo's, some serious sensory gastro delights - all combine to make this one of my fav NYC choices to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All GoodFriends4EversDined on 10/18/2014We went with a group and ordered many items to share. Everything was amazing, Creative, tasty and a perfect combination of flavors. We would all go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid food, painful seatingJessieNYCDined on 10/17/2014Solid farm-to-table fare, attentive service, uber hipster atmosphere, and the most painful seating I've endured. By the dessert course, I was praying for the meal to be over so I could get off of the aluminum stool.Special Features:
- AKinNYCVIPDined on 10/15/2014really disappointing experience, mediocre food, tiny portions, and everything over-priced. we spend almost $200 and left hungry!
- Fun, good foodStarDined on 10/12/2014Good, fun place. Waiter excellent! Food unique and delishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was OK, didn't blow me awayLizNYCDined on 10/9/2014For the price I expected a bit more in terms of flavors and the service was good but not great. I ordered the goat special which had a lot of potential but think the sides were overdone and the meat was a bit fatty. Drink special was $15 which seams like a lot of a special. The look of the place is great and it's cozy when packed in but seating is very varied (I mean the actual seats!) with many not having a back and bar stools are a cool idea but don't really work if you want to talk to the person next to you.Special Features:
- Great VeggiesLESJoeVIPDined on 10/6/2014Love the fat radish plate and all of their veggies. Great ambiance with a solid drink selection.
- Warm hot spot, cold serviceAndriusVIPDined on 10/3/2014This is a warm place to have a nice dinner in a very nice ambient. The food is good. We have fish and it was delicious. However, the service was very bad... They appear with the entree before the had even picked up the starter, we have to order breath several times and it took them quite long to serve the wine. It was a shame because we were enjoying the ambient and the food but the rhythm was not goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NmcbrideDined on 10/2/2014Really love the energy. Younger crowd (late 20s-30s), lots of couples. Server and bussers were attentive. Food was phenomenal - especially loved the duck fat chips, the grilled cheese and cheese plate. Drinks were tasty and well priced. The earl grey old fashioned was a hit with my date. It's loud, but I like that. One complaint was it was really too hot in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday. We're both vegetarians and there were a number of wonderful, flavorful veggie friendly items on the menu. Cocktails were delicious. The decor was on point. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Never dissappointsWrkdinVIPDined on 9/29/2014I like to eat on the healthier side, and this restaurant has the most amazing and delicious options without weighing on your conscious.Special Features:
- Great vibe and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The atmosphere and menu are great - healthy and earthy. The only thing is the service was slow. Will definitely go back, though.Special Features:
- What's your problem waiter?LivsinNYCVIPDined on 9/28/2014I never write reviews for restaurants but could not get over how horrible the waiter was at The Fat Radish that I needed to write at least something. The atmosphere is amazing, food is good but the waiter was so bad that I would never go back. He was rude, MIA, forgot about our drinks, charged us for 6 drinks instead of 3 and gave us attitude about everything. Worst I have had in a long time....
- Uneven at bestWellseasonedVIPDined on 9/24/2014My guests's food was very good - the vegetarian especially. But my chicken entree, small portion of chicken on overcooked kale (or kale-like) was not as good a the $7 whole chicken take-out I get: bland and over-cooked. Not to harp too much, but if you can't make a $26 small piece of chicken (half a chicken breast and a leg) taste good, it is a lousy sign that the kitchen is bored out of their minds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingDoubledatesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Took a group of friends for the first time and everyone was very happy with the choice. Their bacon burger is one of the bests in the city. I had the Peking duck breast dinner special - first time I saw it there - and wasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- Still my favebellanycDined on 9/16/2014I've been to the Fat Radish a number of times now, and it remains one of my favourite places to dine. The food is fantastic, fresh, and creative, and the atmosphere is lovely. This time, I took my Mum for her birthday, and she was equally impressed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Fat radish plateGowaltDined on 9/15/2014Veggie plate, nicely presented but overall dry. TastfullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ChicBisvinoDined on 9/13/2014Had been for dinner before but first time going for brunch. I now prefer what they have going on in the day rather than night. The dining room is home to a ton of natural light creating a fresh and rustic feeling. Food is amazing farm to table. A bit expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Less than thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Ordered the babaganoush with crudite and heirloom tomatoes to start and found them both on the bitter side, but maybe it was a bad combo. Fresh pea pot pie was recommended by our server as their signature dish, but though the veggies were crisp, it was an unappealing drab green. Tasty "creamed" corn, but no cream. Most frustrating was the wait between app and entree. Server never came to check on us, but were able to get the mgr. Instead of a simple "I'll check right now", his comment was something about an allowed 10 to 30!? min. window for food to come out, though if he'd asked, we would've told him we were likely past that window. He did check, and it then came out, but we didn't need the lesson, just someone to acknowledge the issue.
- Sassydiner86Dined on 9/1/2014I mean how much do you have to pay to get a back to your chair and some AC? Diners expect to get what they pay for. Not the most expensive menu but the prices definitely warrant more diner comfort and speedier more sophisticated service. Food was pretty good not great. Beautiful decor if not entirely functional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lower eastside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Small but very good and romantic place to dine in the lower eastsideSpecial Features:
- Great ambienceilovetapasDined on 8/28/2014I immediately loved the atmosphere when walking into the restaurant - the decor is lovely. While it was quiet when we first sat, the place filled up quickly and there wasn't an open table when we left. For an apppetizer, I thought the tuna with watermelon was excellent. I ordered the special, the Porgy a la Plancha, a fish that apparently can taste quite gamey but which was not explained to me by the waiter. When the plate arrived, I found the taste of the fish off-putting and without any question, the manager arrived at the table to remove the plate and give me a new menu. Those who I was dining with enjoyed their food, but weren't blown away...they did, however, love the cocktails. I would go back for drinks with friends!Special Features:
- Awesome dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had dinner with my family there last weekend. Food and service were exceptional! I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Reservation concernsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014When we made the reservation the only times available were 5:30 and the next time was 8:15PM. Our desire would have been 6:45 or 7PM. So it was very disconcerting when we arrived and we were the only party seated. The restaurant remained empty until a couple was seated at 6:15. The next couple of tables weren't seated until 6:45PM. My point is why we were not given the option for a later reservation ie; 6:15 or 6:30PM. It's never enjoyable sitting in an empty restaurant for the first 45 minutes to an hour. Thank You ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovering euphoriaOliveDined on 8/18/2014Everyone has experienced a fun night with friends; where your face hurts the next day from smiling over good conversation and plenty of laughs. The second I took my first bite into the cooked carrots, my face beamed as if I had walked into a surprise birthday party of my dreams - all my friends and family in one place, Ryan Gosling shirtless, and a million dollar gift certificate to bergdorfs. Instead it was a couple of extremely well done carrots in my mouth. Who knew?Special Features:
- Uncomplicated foodluv2eatfreshDined on 8/17/2014Clean fresh food presented so one can actually taste the nuance. Completely free of the embellishments many restaurants are required to infuse when they use less than fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice atmosphereBrittBDined on 8/17/2014I've wanted to try the Fat Radish for quite a while, and finally made it there for brunch. It exceeded my expectations; the food was absolutely delicious for brunch and the atmosphere was cozy and welcoming.Special Features:
- Fat FlavorLauraRVIPDined on 8/16/2014The best thing about this little lower-east-side gem is the menu, which features fresh, farm-to-table ingredients in simple but innovative preparations. There was something tempting for everyone in our party, from the vegetarian to the died-in-the-wool meat eater. Nothing seemed perfunctory--the chef is clearly passionate about every dish. And the place was actually less noisy than I thought it would be, considering the decor and proximity of the tables. Very much worth a visit and I'd defend anyone's right to make it a regular hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014The only downside to The Fat Radish is that not planning ahead will make it tough to get a table. Consistently brilliant and with a New York crowd. Gotta love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.