The Fat Radish
17 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002Neighborhood:
Lower East Side
BritishPrice: $31 to $50
The Fat Radish
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thefatradishnyc.com/
- Phone: 212 300 4053x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, American, British
- Executive Chef: Benjamin Towill
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com 2123004053x
- Special Events: For special event inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from The Fat Radish
The Fat Radish is a new restaurant in the Lower East Side from the Silkstone team inspired by seasonal, modern British cooking with an emphasis on farm-table practices and local sourcing. Like Silkstone's Catering and Events, the restaurant provides honest, fresh and healthy food to a stylish and contemporary table. The team sources the finest seasonal and heritage produce from specialist local farms and has created a communal setting that, like their food, is vibrant, approachable, and made by caring hands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Fat Radish reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)neighborhood gem (73)great for brunch (40)romantic (39)hot spot (38)good for groups (28)special occasion (26)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Never dissappointsWrkdinVIPDined on 9/29/2014I like to eat on the healthier side, and this restaurant has the most amazing and delicious options without weighing on your conscious.Special Features:
- Great vibe and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The atmosphere and menu are great - healthy and earthy. The only thing is the service was slow. Will definitely go back, though.Special Features:
- What's your problem waiter?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014I never write reviews for restaurants but could not get over how horrible the waiter was at The Fat Radish that I needed to write at least something. The atmosphere is amazing, food is good but the waiter was so bad that I would never go back. He was rude, MIA, forgot about our drinks, charged us for 6 drinks instead of 3 and gave us attitude about everything. Worst I have had in a long time....
- Uneven at bestWellseasonedVIPDined on 9/24/2014My guests's food was very good - the vegetarian especially. But my chicken entree, small portion of chicken on overcooked kale (or kale-like) was not as good a the $7 whole chicken take-out I get: bland and over-cooked. Not to harp too much, but if you can't make a $26 small piece of chicken (half a chicken breast and a leg) taste good, it is a lousy sign that the kitchen is bored out of their minds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingDoubledatesVIPDined on 9/17/2014Took a group of friends for the first time and everyone was very happy with the choice. Their bacon burger is one of the bests in the city. I had the Peking duck breast dinner special - first time I saw it there - and wasn't disappointed.Special Features:
- Still my favebellanycDined on 9/16/2014I've been to the Fat Radish a number of times now, and it remains one of my favourite places to dine. The food is fantastic, fresh, and creative, and the atmosphere is lovely. This time, I took my Mum for her birthday, and she was equally impressed. Thank you!Special Features:
- Fat radish plateGowaltDined on 9/15/2014Veggie plate, nicely presented but overall dry. TastfullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood ChicBisvinoDined on 9/13/2014Had been for dinner before but first time going for brunch. I now prefer what they have going on in the day rather than night. The dining room is home to a ton of natural light creating a fresh and rustic feeling. Food is amazing farm to table. A bit expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Less than thrilledOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/6/2014Ordered the babaganoush with crudite and heirloom tomatoes to start and found them both on the bitter side, but maybe it was a bad combo. Fresh pea pot pie was recommended by our server as their signature dish, but though the veggies were crisp, it was an unappealing drab green. Tasty "creamed" corn, but no cream. Most frustrating was the wait between app and entree. Server never came to check on us, but were able to get the mgr. Instead of a simple "I'll check right now", his comment was something about an allowed 10 to 30!? min. window for food to come out, though if he'd asked, we would've told him we were likely past that window. He did check, and it then came out, but we didn't need the lesson, just someone to acknowledge the issue.
- Sassydiner86Dined on 9/1/2014I mean how much do you have to pay to get a back to your chair and some AC? Diners expect to get what they pay for. Not the most expensive menu but the prices definitely warrant more diner comfort and speedier more sophisticated service. Food was pretty good not great. Beautiful decor if not entirely functional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lower eastside diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Small but very good and romantic place to dine in the lower eastsideSpecial Features:
- Great ambienceilovetapasDined on 8/28/2014I immediately loved the atmosphere when walking into the restaurant - the decor is lovely. While it was quiet when we first sat, the place filled up quickly and there wasn't an open table when we left. For an apppetizer, I thought the tuna with watermelon was excellent. I ordered the special, the Porgy a la Plancha, a fish that apparently can taste quite gamey but which was not explained to me by the waiter. When the plate arrived, I found the taste of the fish off-putting and without any question, the manager arrived at the table to remove the plate and give me a new menu. Those who I was dining with enjoyed their food, but weren't blown away...they did, however, love the cocktails. I would go back for drinks with friends!Special Features:
- Awesome dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had dinner with my family there last weekend. Food and service were exceptional! I highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Reservation concernsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014When we made the reservation the only times available were 5:30 and the next time was 8:15PM. Our desire would have been 6:45 or 7PM. So it was very disconcerting when we arrived and we were the only party seated. The restaurant remained empty until a couple was seated at 6:15. The next couple of tables weren't seated until 6:45PM. My point is why we were not given the option for a later reservation ie; 6:15 or 6:30PM. It's never enjoyable sitting in an empty restaurant for the first 45 minutes to an hour. Thank You ScottSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Discovering euphoriaOliveDined on 8/18/2014Everyone has experienced a fun night with friends; where your face hurts the next day from smiling over good conversation and plenty of laughs. The second I took my first bite into the cooked carrots, my face beamed as if I had walked into a surprise birthday party of my dreams - all my friends and family in one place, Ryan Gosling shirtless, and a million dollar gift certificate to bergdorfs. Instead it was a couple of extremely well done carrots in my mouth. Who knew?Special Features:
- Uncomplicated foodluv2eatfreshDined on 8/17/2014Clean fresh food presented so one can actually taste the nuance. Completely free of the embellishments many restaurants are required to infuse when they use less than fresh ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and nice atmosphereBrittBDined on 8/17/2014I've wanted to try the Fat Radish for quite a while, and finally made it there for brunch. It exceeded my expectations; the food was absolutely delicious for brunch and the atmosphere was cozy and welcoming.Special Features:
- Fat FlavorLauraRVIPDined on 8/16/2014The best thing about this little lower-east-side gem is the menu, which features fresh, farm-to-table ingredients in simple but innovative preparations. There was something tempting for everyone in our party, from the vegetarian to the died-in-the-wool meat eater. Nothing seemed perfunctory--the chef is clearly passionate about every dish. And the place was actually less noisy than I thought it would be, considering the decor and proximity of the tables. Very much worth a visit and I'd defend anyone's right to make it a regular hangout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's not to love?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/16/2014The only downside to The Fat Radish is that not planning ahead will make it tough to get a table. Consistently brilliant and with a New York crowd. Gotta love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!lem88Dined on 8/12/2014Picked this spot for my boyfriend's 30th and it was perfect! Healthier meal options without lacking any creativity or flavor. Given a private corner table, still close to others, but it was still casually romantic. Service was great, waiter had excellent knowledge. Definitely a place id go with a friend or two as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WAY TOO LOUD.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014I couldn't hear anything the waitress or my dining partner said. I think it's the loudest restaurant I've ever been in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotNYCfoodieDined on 8/3/2014We had a table tucked away in the corner which made for a lovely night. Food was amazing! As were the wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular for a reasonRichRichDined on 7/27/2014unique food, great people, memorable dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/23/2014I just recently started getting into a raw / paleo / veg heavy / green hybrid diet, and this is just what the doctor ordered. Food was great, Chicken over lentils was fantastic. Service on the other end... our waiter had extremely low energy, didnt check on us often if at all (I had to wave my arm to get his attention even. I would go back for the food, but not the service.Special Features:
- WonderfulEstherDDined on 7/20/2014I've eaten here many times and it's wonderful. Delicious food and I live the spicy tequila rose cocktail. Try to vege plate it's amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!VpetDined on 7/19/2014This was our first trip to The Fat Raddish and it was amazing... Great in all areas... A must when in NY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchBrunchieDined on 7/19/2014Solid brunch spot, but the service leaves something to be desired. We asked for bread at one point since our food was taking a noticeably long time to arrive, and received a surprise at the end of the meal when there was a charge on our bill for it. If this had been communicated on the menu or even when we asked for a bit of bread, a charge would have been totally fine. When asked about the "toast" charge on our bill, the server rudely said "Sorry" without acknowledging our question of why weren't we told before. Our server ignored our table for most of the meal, except when asking if we wanted change back from the twenties we gave her for the bill. Uh, no, even with good food, we're not leaving you a 40 percent tip for mediocre service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat your veggies!bellanycDined on 7/12/2014This was only my second time dining here, and it was just as fantastic as the first. Not only is the food delicious, the atmosphere is delightful. I have absolutely nothing bad to say. We started off with a cocktail, and then shared some of the appetizers. It's a great way of sampling many things. The menu changes slightly seasonally, and the seasonal items we tried this time were the heirloom tomato salad, corn orecchiette, and a cherry crumble. I'd never had a cold crumble before, and it was so much more refreshing this way. Love, love, love this place!Special Features:
- great place, weird locationAlexDined on 7/12/2014great food, drinks, and dessert. easy to get a reservation because it's in a weird neighborhood.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/9/2014Food was great as was the service. The pea pot pie appetizer could use some better seasoning. It was quite blend but very fresh. Special cherry desert was amazing!Special Features:
- Good but not as much I expectedldbwlsVIPDined on 7/6/2014The restaurant was spacey enough. People didn't have to be next to each other too close. Not too noisy. There was a big window ceiling which it created a really nice atmosphere in the place. Food was moderate. Nothing too special about it for myself to want to go back soon. The most disappointing part was the coffee. They don't have an espresso machine. So the only options were juices and iced coffee. I can never imagine a brunch place without a coffee machine. Overall, it was average. If I'm around the neighborhood I will dine here again. Only if I'm nearby...:\Special Features:
- Excellent every timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2014Always great. Favorite dishes- kale salad & orecchietteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- natashanyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Lovely food - fresh, healthy, delicious. And, for a hipster place, surprisingly tolerant and solicitous to children.Special Features:
- Good, not greatHillymdVIPDined on 6/28/2014Nice ambience. Ok food. Lacking service. Not worth a repeat especially in NYC.
- wonderful meal and great spotforevasunDined on 6/28/2014Loved everything about the Fat Radish. Great food, awesome décor and ambiance. Our waitress gave us great recommendations. The place is charming and quaint. Came here with our toddler son and they did not have a children's menu but he enjoyed the food. I definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- excellent food as alwaysfood4mashaVIPDined on 6/25/2014I have been at FR probably 5-7 times and every time it was a real pleasure, food, service, ambiance. Last few times we were organized and reserved it, made it so much easier:) Can't wait to go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SfpdoddVIPDined on 6/24/2014Really delicious!! Great vibe!! Love the cocktails, too.Special Features:
- Great night!millzDined on 6/24/2014Took my dad and brother here for dinner and we were all very impressed ! Had a great time and the monkfish was tasty ( eggplant was slightly undercooked but still a really great dish). - The rose cocktail was incredible! Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!GregDined on 6/22/2014I've been here for brunch a number of times, and it's fantastic. Amazing food, great service. One of these places that you instantly want to come back to so you can try more things of the menu (that you see other people getting). Just note that brunch is cash only.Special Features:
- Fat DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/15/2014It was great to be able to make a reservation for 8 people. The table had benches so there wasn't any back support after walking for several hours so it wasn't as comfortable to sit at the table as I would have liked. The menu is beautiful, but other than the pancakes, the portions are tiny. A large man in our party ordered a $16.00. There wasn't even a piece of bread with it. The pea pie was a mixture of peas and pods barely steamed in a watery, bland base (probably water!) without seasoning and topped with puffed pastry dough. The pancakes were delicious and the salmon crostini and potato cake also looked good. Overall, an uncomfortable, expensive experience and not worth the visit.