10950 Hutcheson Ferry Rd
Palmetto, GA 30268Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://serenbefarmhouse.com/
- Phone: (770) 463-2622
- Hours of Operation:
Fried Chicken Lunch: Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Sunday 11:30am-7:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Marie Nygren
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with Large Wood Table that seats up to 10.
Also Glass Sun Porch off Main Dining Room that seats up to 30.
A word from The Farmhouse
The Farmhouse, one of Atlanta's original farm-to-table restaurants, serves regional cuisine using locally grown, organic ingredients from Serenbe Farms and other area producers. The menu changes weekly to highlight the freshest seasonal ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farmhouse - Best Restaurants in Palmetto ›
The Farmhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (51)romantic (42)scenic view (39)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (24)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (4)Show More
- Relaxed atmosphere-world-class food selections.TerriDined on 11/22/2014Definitely off the beaten track but worth the drive. My husband and I arrived early and explored the Serenbe experience with petting the animals, looking through the shops, and enjoying half-price drinks happy hour in front of a roaring fire. Friendly staff with stories of Serenbe greeted us, but let us enjoy the quiet, peaceful atmosphere. They were there for questions, but never in our way. The food was eclectic including popcorn and thai peanuts for a snack, pumpkin soup to fried fish for appetizer, and hearty stew to luscious jambalaya for dinner. Dessert was beautifully presented, and tasted just as delicious. Thanks for a wonderful, romantic experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic every timeAtlanta631Dined on 11/15/2014We had our wedding rehearsal dinner here and recently returned to celebrate our anniversary. The specialty cocktails were delicious and bar service great. I would recommend arriving early for dinner to take advantage of Happy Hour from 4-6. We were seated early and were provided great service throughout the meal. Everything we ordered was amazing. We are already planning to return for brunch soon. Amazing food, beautiful location, great service. I recommend The Farmhouse to all of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and MissFood4FunDined on 11/9/2014The rustic old house it is in is quite homey and comfortable. The staff is friendly although somewhat unorganized. The food has highs and lows with desserts being an obvious point of weakness.I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyPeachesDined on 11/8/2014Another great meal at Serenbe. What a wonderful spot. The menu is small but everything was just perfect. The service was friendly and not stuffy at all. We will be back.Special Features:
- WileyWileyDined on 11/8/2014The food is excellent, but is lacking in options for vegans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLuvGoodFoodDined on 11/2/2014Just another wonderful experience with amazing food and stellar service from The Farmhouse at Serenbe!!! Love love love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingkswlDined on 11/1/2014Some hits but more misses with the food; the logistics good but not great. Hits: beef short ribs with Brussels sprouts (nicely seasoned, perfectly tender); Risotto (creamy and perfect); apple pie (that would have been more of a hit ha it not been served warm instead of stone cold) Misses: pumpkin hummus (when will chefs stop trying to incorporate this limited use veg to prove they're seasonally correct?); major ditto for the pumpkin bread with kale, beans, cheese and an egg; cider fondue (the chef needs to be reminded of the meaning of the word "fondue," but aside from being "not fondue," it was another one of those precious pairings of food that can only be classified as interesting but not tasty)
- farm eatingserenbeDined on 11/1/2014The environment was deliciously beautiful and quiet. The chicken and macaroni and cheese were prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable ExperienceSPosey52Dined on 10/31/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my tasty Sea Bass entree, but would have preferred options for a choice of vegetable, vs. what was paired with my dish. Also, I did not see any salads on the menu at all, which would be a nice addition. The portions were just right for me, but may be considered small for folks with heartier appetites. The country breakfast included in our stay was delicious, but the 830 am to 930 am time frame should honestly be extended to 10 am, to prevent the feeling of being a bit rushed in the mornings. Overall, I had a lovely experience at the Farmhouse and the Inn at Serenbe, and plan to visit again this Spring/Summer.Special Features:
- Just lovely!LauritaVIPDined on 10/26/2014Very lovely restaurant! The biscuits and fried chicken are delicious! The veggies were just as delicious as they were pretty- a colorful assortment of bright orange butternut squash, deep purple cabbage slaw and earthy green bok choy. I ate every bite! Service was very pleasant. Love this place!Special Features:
- The FarmhouseunimpressedDined on 10/26/2014I was a little dissappointed with our meal. The fried chicken was delicious, but the side dishes I didn't care for. The summer squash was not hot, the coleslaw was bitter. I wasn't sure if the bok choi was supposed to be hot or cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters Day Out!MillieBoyersVIPDined on 10/26/2014I invited my sis and we had a blast, coming from Suwanee to Palmetto GA was a great experience, the Farm is beautiful. Go Serenbe!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I have enjoyed several meals with you. I ordered the Sea Bass and...to be honest...was disappointed...all I could taste was salt/rub...my plate was half eaten...everything else was amazing and delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedlawlibrariangaDined on 10/25/2014The food was terrible. My husband and I started with the oyster croquettes as an appetizer. The croquettes looked more like hushpuppies than the small fried patties I normally associate with croquettes. Furthermore, they were loaded with cornmeal and completely flavorless. If there were oysters in the croquettes then my husband and I were completely fooled. Next, were the entrees. Just awful. I had the sea bass and my husband had the short ribs. Again, the sea bass was flavorless. I couldn't even tell I was eating fish. Roasted hominy over-permeated the dish. My husband's short ribs were over salted. I was so disappointed in this meal. Such a shame because Serenbe is so beautiful.
- MabelVIPDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful ambiance and the food is delicious. Truly a great way to spend a day or weekend, enjoying Serenbe.Special Features:
- dinnerout1Dined on 10/19/2014this was our first time eating there..Delicious fried chicken and the sides were also good..we couldn't get enough of their biscuits.. we would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing farmhouse experience!UnicornpicklesDined on 10/19/2014After a very short drive from Atlanta, my boyfriend and I arrived at Serenbe. We were hooked just from turning in the driveway. The food was mouth watering and the service was impeccable. We have already planned our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cozy placeFumosVIPDined on 10/19/2014The ambiance is the best and probably only thing going for this place at least for Sunday brunch/lunch. The menu had a total of 4 items. Two appetizers and two main dishes. We order a salad that had no dressing. It was like eating off a field. The baby back ribs were very ordinary. Nothing special whatsoever. The other entree was fried chicken which I also tasted and it was better for what it is worth.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and feelNewherebuthereDined on 10/18/2014Small menu but terrific food. Love the feel of the farmhouse...cozy, classy, relaxing. The changing menu (because it's farm to table) is exciting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a surprise!NoodlesDined on 10/18/2014Who would expect to find such an outstanding restaurant in the middle of nowhere? Absolutely beautiful surroundings, great atmosphere, and the food was absolutely fantastic! Excellent juicy fried chicken, fresh vegetables from the garden and the best biscuit I have ever eaten. Melted in your mouth. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem...ScorpiowandeDined on 10/12/2014I had a GREAT time with hubby. We ate here right before watching Legend of Sleepy Hollow @ Serenbe Playhouse. A FANTASTIC evening overall! Food was great and farm fresh. Chelsea my server, was super nice and accommodating. She said "YES" to everything I wanted and needed! Very accommodating!!! Even the host (it was his second day of work) was really nice. Everyone in that town is so hospitable that it is scary. Def. in a league of it's own. It was a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta life. Hubby can be picky, but he loved the restaurant and the setting and the atmosphere. Cozy and comfy. The ONLY disappointment was that they ran out of the chive biscuits! They are to die for! We will be back!!!!Special Features:
- Great farm to tableatlfoodieVIPDined on 10/12/2014I love farm to table restaurants. The food and drinks here were great. Everything tasted fresh. The farm area is also really nice to walk around.Special Features:
- Birthday luncheon at the FarmhouseAdiosBKHDDNRDined on 10/4/2014We went earlier than our reservation but were accommodated right away. We'd been before so we were familiar with the menu and the fact that they only had two entrees. However, they only had chicken available since they were out of catfish. It was okay though because their chicken is outstanding. The sides, mac n' cheese, beets, and kale were delish but lukewarm. The only thing that was bothersome was the temperature. It was so cold and my seat was near an a/c vent. Next time I'll make sure it's not in a cold spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place OverallBdayatFarmDined on 10/4/2014We went for my mom's birthday and enjoyed ourselves. The only issues we had was that they had misprinted the menu and only had one entree for lunch instead of two. However, the made up for it by providing the second option anyway. The second issue was that the waitress to it upon herself to decide that my 9 year old niece who barely eats could eat an adult meal instead of a child's portion without asking us. We had to pay for an adult plate for her. Despite the issues we had the overall service was great and I will definitely go back again. The waitress apologized for her mistake and provided great service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Fried ChickendinewithdaniDined on 9/28/2014This place is easy to pass because you can't see it. It's actually at the Inn. When you walk in-- you come to a desk that looks like a reception desk, but it's just the bar. Pass that and you'll come to the host stand. Once you get seated, everything will be easy and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and ConsistentRLHSFoodieDined on 9/28/2014This was my 4th time at The Farmhouse- each time the experience is consistently wonderful. In fact, I never want to leave. The food is amazing, the service is outstanding and the atmosphere and grounds are beautiful and relaxing. I really wish I could go every week.Special Features:
- salty fried green tomatoesATLDinerDined on 9/27/2014As a prior diner at this restaurant, I was very surprised with the inconsistency on my recent visit. The waitress assigned to the table was very personable and helpful. The main course items were good. But the appetizer was terrible. Fried green tomatoes is one of my favorite dish. I have experienced some really good and some not so good fried green tomatoes. This is the only place where extreme saltiness of the fried green tomatoes made is inedible. We notified the waitress of the problem. She apologized and took the appetizer back to the kitchen. To our surprise, restaurant management refused to acknowledge their mistakes. More incredible, management wouldn't even consider offering to take it ($7 appetizer) off the check.
- Get the Chicken on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Very fine lunch on Saturday. Fried Green Tomatoes followed by the Fried Chicken is a great lunch. All the people serving the meal are great. The baker knows how to make biiscuits.....the are light and you cannot eat just one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Southern FoodLyblevDined on 9/21/2014I brought my friend from Texas to experience our southern hospitality and food. Needless to say, we were not disappointed in either! Food, service, atmosphere - all exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and special atmosphereluvfreshfoodDined on 9/20/2014Such a charming place, very special. My husband and I went for a relaxing romantic Saturday dinner. Loved it! The pureed cauliflower soup was very tasty, and my flounder with grits was a surprising taste-treat. Husband had the flank steak,which he liked a lot. Only thing that was missing for me was a conspicuous absence of vegetables. I love a salad starter(they had no salads!) and nice farm vegetables with entree. There was a vegetarian offering that included potatoes and beets (carbs!!!), but that said, the missing veggies didn't ruin the experience or the meal. Very beautifully prepared and delicious. One thing: go while there is still daylight, so you can take in the fabulous farm surroundings!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing dinnerGilg224Dined on 9/18/2014Food was fresh and delicious. Not a lot of choices but that added to the experience. Very relaxing and intimate dinner with my wife.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service & AmbianceRaferKellyVIPDined on 9/14/2014Food, service and Ambiance compliment each other at this great place. Ideal for a romantic dinner or brunch. Bob our server was outstanding, even remembering us from a visit a few months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- veggiesDined on 9/14/2014Need to serve a larger portion of veggies and mac and cheese. we received a small portion of veggies and mac and cheese and the veggies and mac and cheese was very good. chicken outstanding, served a good protion of that.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014What a lovely setting for a lunch or dinner. We have been for both and each time truly enjoyed the "tucked away" nature of this place. Sunday lunch is also excellent. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful timeFancyDined on 9/13/2014Took my daughter there for her 21st Birthday. Wonderful meal, great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex diappointedalex30223Dined on 9/7/2014The meal was very disappointing except for the biscuits and pepper jelly. I feel it was way overpriced for what we received. We have no plans to return to the Farmhouse for meals. We did enjoy the atmosphere very much.Special Features:
- What a beautiful place!eatsbyerinDined on 9/7/2014Not only is this place beautiful, but everything was DELICIOUs! I went there with two girlfriends for a Sunday brunch and enjoyed every second. Our server was extremely friendly, the fried green tomatoes and fried chicken were incredible and even the sweet tea was unique! (Lightly sweetened and infused with mint, so good!!) I am already planning a trip back with my husband!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014My party ordered sweet tea - It was so strong w/mint that we couldn't drink it - The waitress offered us half and half to try to cut the mint flavor, but it didn't help - still couldn't drink it and yet we were charged for it - I think you should definitely have a plain, southern sweet tea!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sykpleier2Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent ambiance for out of town guests. Very unique setting (we walked around the farm after dinner). I loved the sweet mint tea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Not So GoodSouthpawDined on 8/31/2014I had heard about how great the fried chicken was at The Farmhouse. I was severely disappointed. I have had a lot better fried chicken at other restaurants. The chicken was okay, but for price I was expecting a lot better. The other items with the meal were average. I have had some awesome meals at this restaurant, but this is not one of them. I will not be going back there for lunch.