10950 Hutcheson Ferry Rd
Palmetto, GA 30268Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://serenbefarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 7704632622x
- Hours of Operation:
Fried Chicken Lunch: Saturday 11:30am-3:00pm, Sunday 11:30am-7:00pm; Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern
- Executive Chef: Marie Nygren
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room with Large Wood Table that seats up to 10.
Also Glass Sun Porch off Main Dining Room that seats up to 30.
A word from The Farmhouse
The Farmhouse, one of Atlanta's original farm-to-table restaurants, serves regional cuisine using locally grown, organic ingredients from Serenbe Farms and other area producers. The menu changes weekly to highlight the freshest seasonal ingredients available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farmhouse - Best Restaurants in Palmetto ›
The Farmhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (52)scenic view (49)great for lunch (37)romantic (36)fit for foodies (36)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (22)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (10)notable wine list (9)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Reservation troubleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at the Farmhouse many times. This past Sunday was a VERY special celebration occasion and we made our reservation on OpenTable for 7 and we were looking forward to our visit; however by pure chance we went to the website to check the daily menu as it changes and when we did we happen to see that they were closing at 6. At that point I called the restaurant directly and verified they were closing at 6. I believe the reservation system should have marked to deny our 7 o'clock reservation. We thought we had our dinner plans all set and instead had no dinner.
- Slow and just okayNotUsuallyCriticalButDined on 8/17/2014We were there on a Sunday night, closing night for the play. Our service was astonishingly slow, considering there were only 2 menu items to choose from. After about an hour of waiting (and polishing off every morsel of our starter), the server told us that one of the two items was "out." We picked another item; the server later returned to inform us that, actually, there was one more of the original item. After another 30 minutes, we finally got our food and it was, at best, ordinary. Quite disappointing, plus we were there so long we had no time to walk around or enjoy the evening before the play started. No apology. And the chairs were not comfortable enough to keep people sitting so long. Breakfast the next day was excellent though.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 8/17/2014We were very disappointed in this restaurant. We have been to The Hill many times and wanted to try another restaurant in Serenbe. The service was very slow. I know the lunch menu typically has 2 choices, but they were both fried along with sides that were fried! The fried chicken was good but the fried steak tasted like cardboard. It had no flavor at all. The fried squash was ok, but needed seasoning. We didn't get our water refilled until we were done eating. She didn't even come by to check on us. I would not go back nor could I recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Perfect Sunday lunchFrsuDined on 8/17/2014We drove down with some freinds from Atlanta and had a delicious Sunday lunch. The fried chicken was delicious and the desserts absolutely wonderful.
- Fantastic!JD61Dined on 8/15/2014The food a The Farmhouse was outstanding. We had a wonderful meal and our waiter, Michael, was wonderfully attentive to all of our needs. Great job!Special Features:
- FANTASTICHungryDined on 8/15/2014I am a super picky eater and knowing that The Farmhouse serves what I thought to be "foodie type" of food, I was sure that due to my "limited taste buds", I wouldn't find anything. WRONG! Every single bite I ate was FANTASTIC all the way through dessert! What a delicious evening and a beautiful restaurant!!Special Features:
- Charming ambiance, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/10/2014Positives: Really attractive dining rooms; killer biscuits; friendly attitudes; gentle prices Negatives: Juicy but characterless fried chicken breast; throwaway sides; very fresh but underdressed salad; sweet but inefficient service.
- Service was slowdinerDined on 8/7/2014A bit of an off night here I think. Service was very slow. I was seated at 6:45 and didn't get my entree until 8:05. Took 20 minutes to get a drink. I was told a group of 40 people was the reason. I was seated ahead of this large group. I was going to see the show at Serenbe which began at 8:30 (which ended up starting 30 mins. late because of large group). I was concerned I would be late to the show which affected my enjoyment of the entree and my overall dining experience. Servers are friendly however which is the reason I gave service 2 stars instead of 1. Food was fresh, small portions, presented well. Pretty dining room...request to sit on the sun porch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a messOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/7/2014Servers were pleasant, but the overall timing was just awful. Hours to wait for the dinkiest plate of food. Warm white wine. Second time we've been, and the service timing is just inconceivable. I get that it is a unique thing, being out in the country primarily serving those who come to the theater, but it needs to be figured out.Special Features:
- wogerdodgerDined on 8/2/2014Starting to figure out what this restaurant wants to be. Visited twice (once for Thanksgiving buffet dinner - not a typical experience for any dining establishment). Decent entrees and small plate each time. Nothing to write home about - except for the the biscuits. Pork loin entree was so-so, and portion was on the small side. Wait staff is usually v. pleasant and great ambiance if you like the farmhouse setting. You're not driving this far to find a great gastronomic experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful findluv2dineoutDined on 8/2/2014We had a delicious dinner in this lovely spot before the play at Serenbe. Our waitress was friendly, but let us have our personal space and time during dinner. Very nice service. We ate on the porch overlooking a serene view of trees and a farm feeling! We highly recommend The Farmhouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting better!mparksDined on 7/31/2014We've been going to the Farmhouse for years and it just keeps getting better! Our meal on this visit was wonderful, unique, tasty, and well presented. Service was good as usual and the atmosphere romantic as expected. We really love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server did not know the menuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I ordered "The Meatball" - because the server said it came with homemade pasta that was delicious. My order came without any pasta. Server said he was surprised. Overall, disappointing.Special Features:
- FoodEdromeroDined on 7/26/2014The food is very fresh but the portion size is a little small when it came yo the main entréeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Disappointing we felt rushed and did not like the energy of our server. The vegetarian entree was not substantial
- evelynDined on 7/26/2014Our table was ready on time in the area I requested. Service was good as was the food, the drink choices were delightful, my guests had a lovely time.Special Features:
- Nice place, beautiful settingRayd01Dined on 7/19/2014As always the food was great, service was amazing and the setting wonderful. I wish the potions were a bit larger to go along with the large prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieforlifeDined on 7/19/2014As usual, an excellent dinner. Meatballs were outstanding. The sweet corn cheesecake was terrific!Special Features:
- High Cost for what you receiveHeyLadyDined on 7/19/2014The food was OK, portions OK, wine taste wonderful (but $10 a glass??? really), high priced for what you receive, medium portions for $15 - for a small piece of chicken and two veggies. If you have food allergies they will attempt to accommodate, but as they only offer two items on the menu it made it very tough. Not everyone eats fried foods, and to offer Cat Fish without the breading - this is a fish that needs the breading to make it taste palatable. I ended up with a $15 plate of sides to stay gluten free. If it wasn't for the very wonderful wait staff, I would have been completely dissatisfied.
- Farmhouse at sereneDisappointeddinerDined on 7/12/2014Dined on Saturday night for a birthday celebration. Atmosphere was very appealing - white tablecloths and beautiful surroundings. Served delicious hot biscuits as soon as we were seated, but went downhill from there. No southern restaurant worth it's salt should serve flavored tea exclusively. We love our sweet tea - not mint tea. Ordered a special cocktail that was only average. When food arrived for out table of 4, all of it was cold. Wished now that we had sent it back. Definitely not worth the hour and fifteen minute drive to get there. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- It was good, but overhypedBravodawgDined on 7/10/2014Went in with too high of expectations I think. Because of the farm-to-table premise, would have been neat to know what of what we were eating was actually localSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farmhouse rocks!SerenbefanDined on 7/6/2014Fried chicken and mint tea to die for! Nice not to have too many choices from which to choose, knowing that what they prepare is fresh and excellent. And stroll the gardens and farm animal area afterwards. A delightful experience.Special Features:
- 2SatisfiedguestsDined on 7/6/2014We always enjoy dining at The Farmhouse. The food is superb, the ambiance relaxing, and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic settingJMyersDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful, rustic farmhouse setting at Serenbe. Have been many times but this time the service was great but the food was mediocre. Country fried steak, one of the only two entree's on the menu, was overdone and tough. I was on the edge of sending it back but 'toughed it out' and did not. This has not been the case on previous visits. Veggies were excellent.Special Features:
- disappointedJessicaDined on 6/29/2014I read that The Farmhouse is rated in the top 50 Atlanta area eateries. The location and facility itself is wonderful, and the service was excellent, however, I was very dissappointed with the food. The main couse came out cold (my plate and both my friend's plates as well). My fried chicken was not even luke warm. So we sent them back and were given new plates that were warmer, but still below what I consider to be hot food. My fried chicken was very tasty, but the sides were not noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to visit.iateherethat1timeDined on 6/28/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday. The food was delicious and the staff was very friendly. It was a but pricey but we walked around the farm after dinner and had a wonderful time which made it well worth the money. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish It Had Been BetterjubalharshawDined on 6/20/2014We stayed at the Serenbe Inn for two nights, having dinner at the Farmhouse the first night and The Hil on the second. The food at The Farmhouse was good. I wish my main course had been hotter than room temperature, though it was tasty. It would have tasted better if the glass of wine I had ordered had actually come out before I was finished with my dinner, but this was not to be. We have discovered that this is typical at this restaurant (try getting a second cup of coffee at morning breakfast - we actually had to get up and ask someone after being ignored twice by the server). Service is amateur - especially for a $100 dinner for two.Special Features:
- Hidden Gem at Serenbe FarmsYummDined on 6/15/2014The food was good provided you don't mind home-style with very limited choices. Food was a bit pricey for what it was but it tasted very fresh. Server was wonderful- we'd go back just for her. Highly recommend checking this place out along with the rest of the places in Serenbe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary at Serenbe. We dined at The Farmhouse for dinner and breakfast. Everything about our experience was phenomenal. The food was delicious, service was great, and the atmosphere warm and inviting. We look forward to our next trip!Special Features:
- Food vs price1256206195Dined on 6/15/2014We visited the Farmhouse for Father's Day. We choose it because they were known for their friend chicken. Choices were very limited. One choice only for salad-$5.00, not worth it. Entree choices were fried chicken or fried fish-nothing grilled. No choices for sides at all. Food was good but very displeased with amount for price. $15.00 meal + salad and drinks and we left hungry. $90.00 plus tip for family of four, discouraging. A/C was not working and they sat us on a hot porch. We asked to be moved Nice restaurant and great atmosphere but would not go back for price vs. serving size.Special Features:
- Not Their Best DayFamilyManDined on 6/15/2014We went to The Farmhouse at Serenbe for Father's Day. We (party of 5) arrived on time, and our service started well. Orders were promptly taken (unfortunately, out of fried green tomatoes), but after this course the service fell apart. It was at least 30 mins. until another server checked on us. A party of 4 seated after us ate their main course, had their table cleared, and were receiving their dessert before our main course arrived. My daughter-in-law's chicken wasn't fully cooked, even after all this time. Once served, it was another 45 mins. before we had to go looking for a manager. No one checked on us this whole time (though servers were setting-up tables). Dirty plates sat on our table for > 30 minutes. Poor service and experience.Special Features:
- Good, but...........too warmCounselorDined on 6/15/2014Food was delicious - not much selection though - only 2. We did feel that the portions were quite small - particularly the mashed potatoes. We didn't love the kale, but the chicken was delicious. The brownie and peach cobbler were delicious, but would have been even more delicious with a small serving of whipped cream or ice cream with the cobbler. Most notably, we wondered if the air conditioning was broken. Nobody apologized for the room temperature, but it was very warm in the restaurant. I heard several guests mention it at their tables, but the servers never said anything.Special Features:
- Pretty much an average eateryCaliforniaChromeDined on 6/15/2014Nice farmhouse, service and food was average. The bartender was a real gem(not). Could be a great drink/food spot. Oh A/C wasn't working. Oh well....we made the best of it.Special Features:
- Ambere wrightAmbereDined on 6/15/2014Pity not must of a choice of foods! Both choices were fried chicken or dried fish. Typical South!Special Features:
- Multiple visits, first problemChalieDined on 6/14/2014We have visited The Farmhouse several times and have always had great service and amazing food! However, on this visit we waited for over an hour for on entree. We also didnt see our server for awhile and asked someone else about our meal. They checked and sent our server back to us who said she had asked about our entree so many times that they told her not to ask again. Since she never came to us to let us know there was a delay I suspect this may not have been completely true. We watched others who came in after us order, receive their meals and leave before we ever received our entree. The server offered us a free dessert (there were 4 in our party). We asked to speak to the manager who promptly comped our entire meal. Nice recovery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed EmotionsDoneDined on 6/8/2014The restaurants at Serenbe are overrated. Too pricey with small portions. I have dined at The Hil as well.
- Great lunch!!!ArmhDined on 6/7/2014Had a great time time, my son loved his grilled cheese, the fried chicken was great seasoned very well. The view of the gardens were wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzyDined on 6/7/2014The whole experience was fine, but they charge dinner prices at lunch. Would not make a special trip to this restaurant, but we were in the area so it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our day at Serenbe FarmsSandyDined on 6/7/2014Four friends had lunch at The Farmhouse at Serenbee. We all ordered the fried chicken. It was very good along with the side orders. For dessert we had the apple crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch on the glassed in porch. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- FARMHOUSE DISAPPOINTMENTRoonieDined on 6/1/2014I love the Serenbe area for its quiet and peaceful surroundings, but the Farmhouse needs to improve the menu, portions and cooking.Special Features: