The Farmhouse - Kansas City
300 Delaware St.
Kansas City, MO 64105Neighborhood:
Downtown / River Market
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farmhouse - Kansas City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatthefarmhouse.com/
- Phone: 8165696032x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Happy Hour: Wednesday-Saturday at the Lounge:3-6
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, French American
- Executive Chef: Michael Foust
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Would you like to have an event catered? Contact Season for more information at 816-569-6032 or via email at Season@EatAtTheFarmhouse.com
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday night.
- Special Events: http://www.eatatthefarmhouse.com/?page_id=34
- Cross Street: 3rd & Delaware St.
- Public Transit: Walking distance from:
MAX & 142 (3rd at Grand)
101 (Delaware & Independence)
106 (Wyandotte & Independence)
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Public parking is available in limited amounts on the front of the building, as well as street side. Public parking lot located behind building.
A word from The Farmhouse - Kansas City
The Farmhouse is a Farm-to-Table, Tip-to-Tail, Home-style restaurant in the Kansas City River Market area. Located at the corner of 3rd and Delaware, we feature a style of food and a dining experience unlike anyone else in Kansas City.Continued
Great for family dinners, first dates, classic cocktails, private dining, live music, large parties, private parties, off-site events, weddings.
Great for family dinners, first dates, classic cocktails, private dining, live music, large parties, private parties, off-site events, weddings.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Farmhouse - Kansas City - Best Restaurants in Downtown / River Market ›
The Farmhouse - Kansas City reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)neighborhood gem (85)great for brunch (59)great for outdoor dining (52)special occasion (38)good for groups (37)great for lunch (36)romantic (18)hot spot (18)scenic view (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (4)Show More
- Farm to table fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Amazing experience!!! This was our first time there and we had brunch. The cocktail choices were new and exciting and the corned beef hash was incredible (not at all what you think of when you imagine corned beef hash)...try it - trust me!! The food was fresh and off the charts delicious!! Our server Kristin was awesome - she was friendly and attentive!! Can't WAIT to enjoy it again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJeffDined on 10/18/2014I read great reviews and was let down by the food, service and environment. The service was poor, the waitress would often walk away in the middle of my question. The food Luke warm and flavorless.Special Features:
- good,different, a tad expensiveyummyDined on 10/17/2014great selection of very different mixed drinks...good wines and home grown food. Waiter was very good and gave us good service. This resaurant came highly recommended so my expectations were high. Very enjoyable but a bit expensive..I'll go backSpecial Features:
- Great lunch spot.JMSHDined on 10/16/2014The Farmhouse was a perfect place for my two friends and me to meet for lunch. The food was great and the setting very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014food was great service wonderful,and prices low for the amount and quality of the food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Dined for brunch. Food and service was perfect. Space and décor was charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, outstanding servicermcconnellVIPDined on 10/11/2014Always delicious food and the service is outstanding!Special Features:
- Fav Brunch in KCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Never fails for an awesome Brunch. From Vegan to Carnivore, there is something for everyone. Tastes so fresh! Be sure to make a reservation beforehand or you could wait a while. One of my KC favorite. The french toast breakfast sandwich is out of this world.Special Features:
- One of my favorite KC restaurants19575183Dined on 9/30/2014I am never disappointed at The Farmhouse. The vegan options are always delicious, the service is great and the ambiance is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't what we expectedDKS65Dined on 9/27/2014With the name Farmhouse we expected a more mainstream menu with farm to table-like ingredients. The hangar steaks were fine but many of the other items were off putting. Pig skin pasta? Octopus? Plus Others I can't recall. Server was very kind but didn't know the menu well as he didn't know the size of the meat dishes for example. Also came close to giving me a dirty dish but at least stopped as he handed it over. Also didn't like the flies around our window table.Special Features:
- Good stufftallyhoVIPDined on 9/26/2014We needed to eat quickly and the server couldn't have been more accommodating. The food was good and the outside porch is very fun.Special Features:
- One of my favorite meals ever!JackieODined on 9/24/2014My husband and I loved each of our meals. I had short ribs and he had salmon. The accompaniments were some of the best taste sensations ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, weird decorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014The food here is good. Nothing amazing. The quiche of the day portion is small and just fine. The potatoes taste more like french fries than breakfast potatoes. Very heavy on the hollaindaise on the egg benedict. I would ask for it on the side. The decor was the strangest part. An large and odd installation of balls of white fabric on a stained draping of white fabric was disconcerting. I was glad it was not in view from my seat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodRAS0206Dined on 9/21/2014The corn beef hash was great! Thank you!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningMarkthemomentDined on 9/20/2014Really interesting menu, wonderful salads, the hanger steak is to die for. We were served by Margot at the bar, really delightful and thoughtful service. Did not harm that the weather was perfect to sit outside on their patio.Special Features:
- Good Food; Good ServiceILoveFrenchFoodDined on 9/19/2014I arranged to take out-of-town friends to dinner here. The food was excellent and well presented. My friends all loved the steak. I really liked the salad. The drinks menu was excellent. The server was pleasant and extremely capable. No complaints. We'd all go back in a heartbeat! Another Kansas City hit.Special Features:
- Second time here.DougVIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant really promotes its farm to table concept by listing all its suppliers on a chalkboard. On another chalkboard is the specials for the day. I had the jambalya on the special menu. Not for the faint of heart. Spicy! My wife had the fried chicken with kale and watermelon. These entrees were preceded by two very good salad. This is the second time we have been at this restaurant and have enjoyed it both times however each time there seemed to be very few other diners. Granted it was a Saturday night, late. Hopefully they see more of a crowd for lunch and weeknights. We recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I had been to the FarmHouse many times in the past. It was like I was at a different restaurant this time. I had the short ribs. They were so fatty that they looked unappealing. They tasted that way too. My companion had the scallops and thought they were tougher than they should have been. The waiter who delivered our salads (he was not the waiter for the rest of the meal) stood at our table with two salads and rather indifferently said I have no idea which salad is which. I had to tell him to put them on the table and we'd figure it out. Our waitress knew I was completely disatisfied with my dinner. She did offer complimentary coffee which I declined.
- DisappointingAndreaBDined on 9/13/2014The presentation of the pork chop was most inviting. The meat, however, was mostly fat (at least two-thirds).
- LOVE this restaurantkcfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Every time that I have been to the Farmhouse, I have had a great experience. Any friend I have taken has been glad to go, and says that they too will take friends and family to eat there. The food is exceptional, the prices are reasonable for the food, and the wait staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Good but not greattablefor4Dined on 9/6/2014This visit to The Farmhouse was not as satisfying as the first few times. We were disappointed that the catch of the day was scallops and there were no other seafood choices, as we all like to enjoy a nice white fish or salmon when dining out. We ordered an appetizer expecting to get a plate of meats and cheeses, and we got a pate with mustard sauce instead. On the bright side, the salads were delicious and beautifully presented. The entrees were good, not great. Desserts good... would recommend the apple pie a la mode. French-press coffee (we enjoyed two pots!) was sublime and always a treat. The tab was a bit of a shock, although we did enjoy cocktails and wine. Dinner for four came to $250, so with tip it was $300.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianadcwfoodieDined on 9/4/2014We came because there was live music and they serve local food. Both were wonderful. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedGregDined on 8/31/2014Service was slow and unfriendly. Waited 20 minutes to make drink order. Wait staff in attentive to our table while very attentive to neighboring tables.Special Features:
- Doesn't get any better than this!JimandVickiVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food, atmosphere and service are beyond the best anywhere around. Fried chicken to die for and a host of great appetizers make this a gem of the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventNorthernFoodieDined on 8/30/2014After months of my sister telling me we finally got to go and meet up with some family and friends. From the appetizers to the desserts...the wait staff were all spot on with recommendations. HIGHLY recommend the Rabbit Rangoon - very very addictive! The noise level did make it a little harder to hear everybody at our table but it was apparent we were not the only ones having a good time. Will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014I easily made a reservation online, immediately received email confirmation, and even received a confirmation phone call the day before. The hostess and waitress were attending, and professional with a positive attitude. Overall my family had a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Worst start to what was supposed to be a night of celebration. We arrived promptly at 7:30 for our reservation,the restaurant was not busy at all, maybe 5 or 6 tables. We sat at our table for 13 minutes without being greeted or anything from any waiter or host or anyone. We finally got up and walked out after more than 10 minutes had passed. What really annoyed me what there was 2 waitresses' and 1 waiter that walked past our table without any notion made towards us. I made eye contact with all three of them. No one could even come by and give us some water and tell us it would be just a moment. Not one person came by our table the entire 13 minutes we sat there. So we left. I will never return and will never recommend to anyone.
- BevRedBevRedDined on 8/26/2014The servers are very attentive and the food selection is very creative and good. We tried the rabbit Rangoon and everybody raved about it. I also like the atmosphere of comfortable and casual yet I can have a business lunch in dress attire. We wanted to eat outdoors but construction noise prohibited us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!AmandaDined on 8/24/2014We had a great time with only two exceptions - there were tons of flies on the patio (not that you can really do much about that) and the new cocktails were sold out. Otherwise, everything was fantastic.Special Features:
- Sweet and SaltySuppleBeingDined on 8/22/2014I will keep it short and to the point. The food was extremely salty, like everything. The place as a whole was "sweet," really cool vibe and you know where your food comes from. However, it was over salted. The drinks were good but this could be why I drank so much.Special Features:
- EntertainmentBeefeaterDined on 8/21/2014The live music was WAY TOO LOUD for the size of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always great at farmhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Love that they use local farmers! The menu is friendly to all types of diets from gf to paleo. The wait staff is very friendly and accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- becoming less and less special....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014Ive been to The Farmhouse many times. In the beginning, it was fresh and interesting. The food and service was warm and inviting, and I looked forward to returning. But over the last two years or so, it has become mediocre at best. Not bad, but not good.... Sadly, I won't recommend or return to this restaurant in the future.
- FarmhouseFoodizmeDined on 8/17/2014There were nice entrees.. the entree Salads are smaller than they should be for the price. The breakfast burger was great. nice atmosphere, nice music on a SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful but...AerothugDined on 8/16/2014I've been going to the Farmhouse for years. The food ALWAYS is noteworthy and memorable. I've been disappointed by the service but on Saturday evening, the food and service was perfect. I give it a low score on ambience because the noise robs from the pleasure. As one table gets 'energetic' others must strive to be heard and by 8pm Sat evening, the energy was robbing from my pleasure with my partner. I told her that I hope that we're never the loudest group in a restaurant. Truly, a wonderful experience. I wish that I could suggest a way to manage the noise without turning off the clientele.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little overpricedBSCoupleDined on 8/16/2014My wife got farmhouse salad and dried chicken. Said the salad was the best she has ever had and raved about it repeatedly. Said she would never order the chicken again. Looked over cooked and she confirmed that it was. I got spinach salad and the hanger steak with fries. Salad was ok. Hanger steak was perfect. Fries were fresh cut in house and just ok. Ketchup was house made and not very good. Two salads, two drinks, two entrees, and tip cost us $100. Way too much for what it was.
- Great BrunchFierceKittiDined on 8/16/2014This was my first visit to The Farmhouse and it will not be the last! I had a reservation @ 10:15 but it looked like you could walk in and still get a table without too much of a wait. The menu does change often because of their use of local ingredients but there was plenty of different dishes to choose from. The food was delicious, the portions were generous and the price was right! The only thing I would change is our waiter took a hot minute to come back around to take our order. This could be because when he first asked we hadn't even looked at the menu and he was giving us plenty of time to decide. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent all aroundrustyshakleford88Dined on 8/10/2014All the farmers for all the ingredients are listed on a big board. Loved having my own French press when I ordered coffee. Food was excellent - everything was fresh, seasonal, and the pork sausage was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ShRue55Dined on 8/6/2014I had the Prosciutto Wrapped Windhaven Farms Chicken Breast - with fried chicken liver, a deviled egg, grilled asparagus, creamy polenta, and a berry sauce. Every bite of it was delicious and each flavor complemented perfectly. My date had the Hanger and Fries - cooked medium rare with bleu cheese butter, salsa verde, and what tasted like a housemade ketchup. I had a bite of her Hanger steak with a smear of the bleu cheese butter and it was wonderful. We finished with dessert. One was a chocolate cake with ganache, the other was a sponge cake with lemon-pickled apples & a berry sauce. Both were exquisite. We both agreed we would keep it on our list of restaurants to go to when we want a special night out.Special Features:
- Excellent!sjc251Dined on 8/4/2014I looked online for a restaurant close to the Kansas City Airport to have lunch on my way there -- avoiding airport food! What a delight this was. Amazing local fresh food. I had peach macaroni & cheese and wished I could have taken the leftovers with me on the plane! Others in my group had real (!) fried chicken and a veggie sandwich. Easy to get on and off the freeway to hit this place. Excellent service as well.Special Features: