268 Bradford Street
Barrie, ON L4N 3B8Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thefarmhouse.ca/
- Phone: (705) 737-0522
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Randy Feltis and Head Chef Christopher Gardiner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We specialize in restaurant food for catered events. Fully licensed and with 14 years of catering experience; you won"t find a better team anywhere!
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on the patio during summer hours
A word from The Farmhouse
Family Sheek Farm Food with the best waterfront patio in Barrie. Casual atmosphere with a value driven menu. Ideal for weddings, corporate functions or an intimate dinner for two. We grow our micro greens and fresh herbs on site with our indoor greenhouse and serve fresh pressed juices and cocktails. Check out thefarmhouse.ca for more info and to view our incredible menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Farmhouse - Best Restaurants in Barrie ›
The Farmhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (25)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (17)great for lunch (14)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (8)romantic (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Worth the stophoundyDined on 11/15/2014Our table was not ready when we arrived due to the previous party. Staff was quick to accomendate. Very good food. Quick service.Special Features:
- Great Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We have visited on at least 3 occasions and enjoyed each time - two of our visits are under the new management team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Sunday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The Sunday roast beef dinner was an excellent deal, with two sides and dessert included. We liked that you were able to choose your sides with all entrees. The daily vegetable, tri-coloured cauliflower with beets and beet tops was really delicious. There was a large group dining while we were there but they were able to slide the doors closed and we barely noticed they were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- want to love,karenDined on 10/25/2014but each time we go we find the experience "okay" both with the service and the food. I agree with the other reviews - the ambiance is a little confusing. Really nice dining space and yuppy vibe with sprouts and such, but servers in ho-down costumes and drinks served in pizzeria style red plastic glasses. One of my favorite menu items (deep fried mac and cheese) was removed from the menu a while ago. For me, that was the only unique and very delicious item on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Selective TasteRCCInternationalDined on 10/24/2014Check the menu before you go. Limited food choices but if you decide you like what you see then go! There was not a big steak choice, but because that is what I went for, it was absolutely the best I have had in a long time. Perfectly prepared, excellent flavouring and their home made potatoes made for an excellent meal for me. The wife on the other hand liked her food. There was plenty of it, but not so much for her tastes on the preparation. Her Grilled goat cheese sandwich was delicious but she thought there was too much bread and she didn't care for the way it was grilled (like a grilled cheese). I would go back for what I ordered but the rest of the menu, I was not extremely impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second review, Great improvement FHOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/18/2014Good job Farm house, Food is fresh, delicious and delivered with great service . Kudos to the hostess and Candace for their welcoming vibe and attentiveness . look forward to more FH dinning .
- Sev2dine5Dined on 10/18/2014My teen girls and I love the Mac/cheese. My husband thinks the steak is better than Jacks or The Keg. The seasonal veggies really good. In my opinion not a fan of the salad coming in a mason jar. The parking is not the best. Overall we like it as our 4th favorite restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticCautiousCarnivoreDined on 10/12/2014I was looking for somewhere to get a thanksgiving turkey dinner for my g.f, and happened onto the Farm House. Being from Toronto, and in the area for the long weekend, we had never heard of it. Read a few reviews and made a reservation. Service, quality and quantity were all beyond what we expected! Ive since told several people about this hidden gem. Cant wait to visit again, maybe a Saturday afternoon before a Colts game.Special Features:
- zoltri99Dined on 10/11/2014Family friendly dining. Food excellent as was the service. Definitely a "relaxed dining" experience. The Bar downstairs (although not visited) seemed energetic and a lively place to meet friends. If you want romantic - soft lights and mellow music - you'll have to look elsewhereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodRockDined on 10/10/2014Spectacular menu ideas - the chef rocks! The offering of daily grain, vegetable and soup ideas are inspiring. The appetizers are very filling. Be careful what you order - you may have to take some of it home!Special Features:
- Great lunchhappywandererDined on 10/5/2014We went with another couple, and could not have been more pleased. The service was excellent, and the food was well prepared and well presented. The garlic bread grilled cheese sandwich was arguably the most satisfying decadent lunch choice EVER. We will be back. It was too cold to sit outside, but the patios looked nice. Upstairs was closed for a private function, but I think we would try that next time.Special Features:
- Stellar - All Around StellardurostarDined on 10/3/2014My fiancé and I had driven by multiple times and always said we should try it out. We finally did and we are so happy we did! The food was beyond belief, the service was great, and the atmosphere is just right (that perfect mix between rustic and chic). Honestly, we didn't know what to expect going into our meal, but as soon as the bowl of mussels with fresh baked bread hit out table we knew this place was astounding. The best part is that you won't bust the bank going here either! In my opinion you get better food from here than you do at The Keg - and its half the price! Also need to mention how great it is that they use locally farmed produce to make a lot of their food. All around incredible experience that we both cannot wait to again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our dinner at The Farmhouse. The food was excellent. The service was excellent, very friendly.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerFlarecaDined on 9/27/2014We had a wonderful anniversary dinner and looking forward to going back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great salads, great viewEdgechcDined on 9/26/2014Had a nice wedge salad while enjoying company on the patio looking out on the bay... What could be better..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic place!LeelaDined on 9/19/2014I found The Farmhouse online when looking for a restaurant to have dinner before our night at the theatre. We were so happy with everything! The meal was delicious and food presentation is stylish and fun. Service was excellent. Overall it was a warm, friendly environment and we are looking forward to coming back, especially during warmer weather to enjoy the patio looking out over the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service - Great Value!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Very friendly and accommodating staff. No problem with special requests at all. Great price for the quality of food. Nice to have the choices with the sides too. Unique presentation of salads and desserts in jars. Take your own wine for a $12 corkage fee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FarmhouseDawnleeDined on 9/5/2014My daughter has just begun school in Barrie, so we are very unfamiliar of the area. While looking up restarrants on the water the Farmhouse came up so we decided to give it a try. Awesome restaurant - waiter made us feel very welcome and informative as we asked some questions about Barrie. A great spot and we will definitely visit the Farmhouse again ! Food was fantastic - love the local element !Special Features:
- goodfoodpleaseDined on 9/1/2014Food was ok but for the price expected better than "ok". Also, from the website and from the price was looking for the white tablecloth. Service was perfunctory, server did chat us up when she brought the bill.Special Features:
- Looking forward to going back8apeachDined on 9/1/2014This is only my second time at The Farmhouse - but I will definitely be back. I've had breakfast and lunch there and am eager to try the dinner menu. For breakfast I had the Roast Strip Benny and it was fantastic! A group of us went for lunch and a couple of people had the burgers and raved about them. I had the Chicken Club Sandwich which I really enjoyed - the chicken was moist and the sides were fresh. Our server was really great and we loved the charm and ambiance of The Farmhouse. I'm looking forward to going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Food was delicious and waitress was great. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent staff!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Loved this place. Quaint charm. Staff very friendly and the kitchen staff very cognizant of my dairy allergy. Would defiantly return when back in town. Thank you for the enjoyable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointed this timedrulDined on 8/2/2014it took 80 minutes to get the food, very loud, asked to sit on the patio and waitress didn't try to accommodate yet another table was moved out. asked for some bread after waiting an hour, told no but we could have chips. food was good or we wouldn't be back. I know it was busy but servers should be able to think outside of the box as to how to compensate for business, I know there is bread! or little toasts. At least tried to get us on patio, etc. lemon tart was liquid!! yet told by server that is how it is, really??? I had talked two people in joining me telling them it was a great place, I know they won't go back.Special Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the The Farmhouse reviews archive.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014The food was amazing! The restaurant was nice and the staff was great, the only thing we found that we didn't like was what the waitress were wearing. They need to dress a little classier, not shorts and t-shirts. The prices are a bit high but for an occasional dinner out, it was worth it-the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The FarmhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014This was my first visit to The Farmhouse and I'll be going back. The service and the food was excellent; from the moment I walked into the restaurant I was welcomed in a friendly and warm manner. Our server was professional and friendly and helpful with the daily specials. It was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sev2dine5Dined on 7/27/2014We were a table of 8. They had us set up downstairs but for some reason moved us upstairs after we ordered our drinks. Awkward had to carry our drinks upstairs. Turned out to be better though because we had an awesome view of the water. My daughter found a hair in her food. They were quick to replace it and gave her free desert. I hated the salad in a mason jar , but would just ask for it in bowl next time. I would eat there again.Special Features:
- Unhappycamper5Dined on 7/26/2014Food was good. Although the sides could have been larger in size. Service wasn't great, appearance of waitresses clothing not what we expected for what we thought was going to be a little fancier place. For a "Farm House" the tables and chairs did not come out of a farm house they were the same as any other pub / bar. A few harvest tables and some older looking chairs would have been better. The prices of the food did not match the ambiance. We were disappointed .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad timinglovetoeatDined on 7/25/2014We ordered an appetizer. It came out, we had no forks or plates. Waited 5 minutes for a server to walk by. Asked for plates he said he would be right back. Never came back. Our server walked by. Asked for plates. She brought our plates and then our main course came right after. By the time we had our apps, our dinners were cold. The food was good but would have been better if it was hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementDisappointedDined on 7/22/2014High cost for a mediocre burger, over cooked fries and small salad.Special Features:
- Good food but...Donald14Dined on 7/19/2014The food was great but there was a snag with service. The restaurant was half full but we were placed at a table right below a blowing vent. The AC was quite chilly blowing directly on us. When we requested a different table, the waiter replied that the other tables were reserved and could not fulfill our request. The other tables remained vacant throughout our entire meal. The cool blowing air ruined the experience for my parents. I brought them there to experience something different as they are from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super GoodfoodishelpfuloccasionallyDined on 7/18/2014We attended for Barrielicious, and while the appetizer could have been better (the soup was a little bland), the rest of the meal made up for it. Also our waiter was cool, he had that face where you're sure you've seen him around before but you don't know where. Super good all in allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BestCassBDined on 7/17/2014The best dinner, food, service , originality ive seen/had in a long time! Bringing my whole family here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experiencekent782Dined on 7/14/2014We went to the farmhouse for barrielicious and enjoyed our experience very much. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing.. I could go on..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014We were greeted by an associates back, who stood there for several moments..didn't turn around & left. Another girl came to the stand, didn't look at us & left. Yet a third looked at us…& did nothing. Then a boy came to seat us. We asked for a patio table. He told us if it rained there was nothing they could do (the inside only had 2 or 3 tables occupied)..broken concrete & large wire poking out at our feet..server pleasant but didn't explain Barrielicous menu til we asked. While ordering we were told 2 items were out..so on the spot decisions..entrees appeared moments after our appetizer..ordered a rare steak & was brought a medium well..returned it only to receive a blue rare which was cold & raw!..trout was overdone..lamb forgettable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Great spot with delicious local food choices. Nice twists on popular menu choices. Will definitely return and have already recommended to family and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not good......DisappointedDined on 7/11/20145 of us came to The Farmhouse as we had heard amazing things about it. We thought we would try it with the Barrielicious. I ordered the ribs and had to send it back as it was stone cold by the second part of the rib. The waiter came and took my plate, however, it was over 25 minutes until I got it back. By this time, all my friends were finished. As I started to seperate the ribs, the ribs were all pink in colour (not cooked). When the waiter came, I told him but there was nothing said. He took my plate, with the full rack of ribs (minus one rib) and disappeared. I figured maybe a 'sorry' would be mentioned or 'let me get the manager' but nothing. I was very disappointed with this and not sure I would visit again. Sorry.Special Features:
- SEATINGjojogirlDined on 7/5/2014requested window table upstairs -3 were available at 5pm we were denied, hostess said they would be busy as barrielicious was on. however, we didn't leave the restaurant until 640 pm and at that time there were still two tables at the window that were empty! how disappointing as we chose this restaurant thinking we would have a beautiful view. the food was outstanding, but that particular experience soured us a bit on the restaurant. I did mention this to our waiter, however his service was excellent so we tipped him well. a coupon towards another visit would be appreciated and we would come again. also, overheard another couple seated at window after us saying how nice it was to get a window seat without any reservation. we did reserve anSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedGatorDined on 7/4/2014We were in Barrie to visit family and ate dinner at the Farm House. Very pleasant atmosphere, courteous staff, inexpensive menu but awesome food. Seven dined so we had varied appetizers and mains - ALL were well presented and tasty.Special Features:
- EXCELLENThdsmDined on 7/1/2014Really, really good food. Great staff. Delicious! (the food, I mean)
- Food and service was very goodJiggerDined on 6/30/2014We went for dinner for our anniversary. First time at this restaurant but I don't know if I would go back. The food was very fresh but I found a very limited menu. Also, I found the portions small even though you get 2 sides. The waitress was very friendly and service was good. The air conditioning was not working properly so it was uncomfortably hot in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.