The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill
991 Central Road
Bloomsburg, PA 17815Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $31 to $50
The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.innatturkeyhill.com/fine_dining.html
- Phone: 5703871500x
- Hours of Operation:
Farmhouse Dinner: Daily: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
(Open Table Reservations or by phone)
Turkey Hill Brewing Company opens daily at 4:00 p.m.
(Please note the Brewing Company does NOT accept reservations)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Matthew Revak
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining is available by calling the Banquet Manager. Room fees apply.
- Private Party Contact: Laura Noll 5703871500x25
- Special Events: On October 13th we will be hosting our Chef Series featuring Kli-Vey Farms. This will be an all inclusive dining experience ($75 per person) with wine pairings, and in which we will not be offering our regular services. If you did not intend to make your reservation for this special event, please cancel this reservation, and we look forward to serving you on another date.
A word from The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill
The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill offers diners a premium dining experience in the Farmhouse restaurant featuring the finest local ingredients with a continental flair. The property also offers a microbrewery with a casual restaurant located in the barn - Turkey Hill Brewing Company (Please note the Brewery does not accept reservations). Our Farmhouse menu changes frequently to insure the freshest ingredients, highest quality and current trends in the culinary world. We work closely with area organic farms and producers whenever possible to encourage a strong local interest in agriculture. The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill is proud to be the recipients of The Wine Spectator Award of Excellence.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill - Best Restaurants in Bloomsburg ›
The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (36)romantic (30)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (16)scenic view (14)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Delicious Fine Dining ExperienceDwayneVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful waiter who was very nice and helpful with the 8 year old in our group. The atmosphere was relaxing and the food was amazing.Special Features:
- Never fails to impressfoodieDined on 10/24/2014This was our second time here and it was the first night of the fall menu. The kale salad with pomegranate seeds is a must to start off with. I also had the beet and goat cheese app which was perfect. I opted for the pumpkin ravioli which was delicious although a tad too sweet for me. Others in my party had the organic roast chicken breast and the pork tenderloin, both of which were prepared perfectly. Highly recommend. Service is excellent and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First ClassSusanDined on 10/24/2014I have dined here a few time and every time has been fantastic. Great seasonal menu. Our party of three all ordered different entrees and all of us thought our meals were delicious. The service is outstanding and the attention to detail is at the highest level.Special Features:
- Quaint inn feel with good foodRavenous1Dined on 10/24/2014Great dinners, well conceived and prepared. The lamb shank had more acidic tomato taste than we like, but was well done. Veal cheeks were outstanding. Great atmosphere, so much nicer than typical chain restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Entreesbigeds17872Dined on 10/24/2014Outstanding food, unique menu selections, everything is prepared to perfection, been to many upscale restaurants, must say I have seen larger menus, higher priced menus, but have yet to experience better meals. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pittsburgh visitorsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Our dining experience was thoroughly enjoyable, from food, service to diners at the adjacent table. I want to note that the desserts were outstanding. Hopefully we will return soon. If we lived in the area we would be regular diners.Special Features:
- TarsVIPDined on 10/18/2014Service was outstanding. Great aubiance. Enjoy the backyeard view.Special Features:
- Excellent DiningdinnerclubDined on 10/8/2014The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill serves excellent food and is an excellent establishment to enjoy dinner with someone special. The staff was very professional, and the food was of the highest quality, and prepared and presented in an elegant manger. I was very pleased with my experience at the Farmhouse at Turkey Hill.Special Features:
- Excellent StayTravelPopPopDined on 10/7/2014My wife and I booked a stay at Turkey Hill for our 36th anniversary, and dined at the Farmhouse. We've enjoyed both the Inn and the resturant in the past, and it didn't disappoint. The service, atmosphere, and overall experience was outstanding. We both enjoyed the seasonal pumpkin soup, and shared a very nice salad. My wife selected the roasted chicken with a bbq glaze, and I selected the pork chop special which was excellent. We enjoyed one of Jen's delicious cakes with coconut and strawberries. It was great!! We highly recommend for a relaxing getaway, and will definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackthefoodieDined on 9/13/2014Service was excellent as usual. We tried the chef's tasting menu and appetizers were excellent as was the soup, salads were good, one entrée was good the other was excellent. They were out of some deserts so the selection only included three offering. One was very good the other was excellent. We would not select the tasting menu again. This is our go to place when we are at our country house and want something a little better.,Special Features:
- A jewel in the PoconosKevinMDined on 9/12/2014This is fine dining of the highest order. It is not pretentious by any stretch, it is however one of the finest dining experiences one could have. The service is outstanding, the ingredients are locally sourced, the food is prepared and presented exquisitely. I could not imagine a negative comment being directed at this establishment. KevinSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Outstanding culinary experience. It was a pleasant surprise to discover that such a quality restaurant exists in the area. The food, table service, the atmosphere of the dining room with its view were all an enjoyment.Special Features:
- WonderfulMLopezVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were pleasantly surprised with everything. Service was outstanding and complimented the food wonderfully. Gorgeous dining roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Fine dining with an eclectic menu. Everything from appetizer to dessert was outstanding. Great wine and exceptional beer from the brewery on-site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining in the PoconosOldHuDined on 8/22/2014Our dining experience at The Farmhouse was well nigh perfect! Seated on the glassed in veranda overlooking a grassy yard with a tree surrounded pond on which a pair of ducks gracefully glided, we enjoyed an exquisitely prepared meal to the quiet strains of Mozart. The menu was diverse and interesting, the servers well-informed, and the presentation lovely. There is an extensive wine list to choose from, or one can select a beer brewed in Turkey Hill's own craft brewery. The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill exceeded all expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MOST ENJOYABLE DINNERKathleenDined on 8/16/2014The dining area has two lovely historic rooms in which to dine. We enjoyed a delicious meal with excellent service and would highly recommend this inn to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bloomsburg Nugget!TippageVIPDined on 8/14/2014Great food and phenomenal service. A true "nugget" in the Bloomsburg area. Pleasantly surprised by the total experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite PlaceSuperSpot1Dined on 8/9/2014I have been to the Farmhouse at Turkey Hill Inn several times and it never disappoints. Everything about the food is outstanding, from the menu choices and specials, to the extra touches on each plate and of course the wonderful flavor of each dish. The service is refreshingly first rate. Your water glass is always full and you never have to look for your server to assist you. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for an elegant dinner.Special Features:
- The Farmhouse at Turkey HilljtsuptsretiredDined on 8/2/2014Love the "new" look at the "Farmhouse". Food and service excellent as always. Loved the greenhouse especially enjoy the resident "ducks" who were also on hand. Perfect place to relax and enjoy great food and a wonderful ambiance. We will be back...Special Features:
- Memorable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014We celebrated our tenth anniversary at Turkey Hill and enjoyed the food, ambience and service.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experience.MarkDined on 7/26/2014The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill has never let me down, they are the ultimate dining experience in the area. The service is always prompt and polite and the food is a culinary experience unsurpassed. They have a fantastic wine and liquor selection and will gladly assist you with paring for your meal. The chefs menu is a wonderful selection that you will never regret.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014Dined here for the first time on 7/25/2014. My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here and the food was absolutely outstanding. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- wonderful staffnamfamDined on 7/25/2014The staff was very attentive and helpful to every request, whether it was directions,weather,etc. Our meals were satisfying and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous restaurantDoxyLadyVIPDined on 7/25/2014This is a great place to dine in Bloomsburg if you are willing to spend a few bucks. It is definitely worth it!Special Features:
- Romantic eveningLBIlanceDined on 7/5/2014Romantic setting with the most delicious food describes our visit. Both chef and pastry chef are to be commended. My wife chose the chef's tasting menu while I opted for the Pheasant. Both great choices. We love the charm, ambiance and above all - the people! One of the reasons we love this place is the fact that we always find unusual choices on the menu. Entrees not typically found at your average so called four or five star restaurant. We are by no means food critics - however - we do frequent many restaurants in Philly and Atlantic City, so we do have some comparable knowledge. Try the Farmhouse, you'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/5/2014Stopped over to attend the Poconos Indy race and booked this one as the only local listing. What luck! We have booked again for this evening and will go for the tasting menu this time.Special Features:
- Turkey Hill DiningKCDCDined on 7/5/2014Perhaps the enclosed glass terrace dining would have been a bit livelier. The atmosphere inside is a bit on the dull quiet side but the food is absolutely delicious. Would go back for more great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 367 reviews are from the The Farmhouse at Turkey Hill reviews archive.
- garden 10garden10Dined on 6/24/2014The Inn is my first choice for a special evening. I'm never disappointed by the food or service, looking forward to going again and taking friends.Special Features:
- Recommend for special occasionswhencantcookVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food for us has always been good. Staff is very pleasant. Service gets a little slow when restaurant is busy. Never feel rushed. Prices keep it out of our budget except for special occasions.Special Features:
- Fine diningMorganDined on 6/15/2014The Inn at Turkey Hill is a destination restaurant. We drive an hour to eat there, and the food and service are definitely worth the drive. Expect a leisurely and delicious meal in a beautiful setting with prices commensurate with the experience. The Inn offers draft beer from its own brewery.Special Features:
- New Tasting MenuBrianVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had the new five course tasting menu and it was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable, creative cuisineOhiofoodieDined on 6/12/2014I have eaten dinner here several times, and each time I have been pleasantly surprised by the creativity of the chef. The restaurant features wonderful local foods and innovation pairings of sauces, sides, and garnishes. There are thoughtful additions such as palate-cleansing sorbets. Although the food is creative, it is never too experimental and it is reliably tasty and well-cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you try it you will like it!DonRDined on 6/9/2014Put this restaurant on your list of places to go! Steaks were cooked precisely as requested. Excellent tasting food with a good presentation as well. Save room for dessert!Special Features:
- Great as usualrecentDined on 6/6/2014Menu somewhat revamped great fish dishes; fantastic service; overall almost perfect.Special Features:
- Almost GreatvisitorfromdixieDined on 6/6/2014Breakfasts were very good although the room was quite noisy. The entrée at dinner was exceptional but the starter - crab cake, and salad were good but not memorable. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAdvok8Dined on 5/31/2014Outstanding! There's no other word to describe the evening. The food was superb - we both had the Tasting Menu but chose different dishes, and all were excellent. The service was attentive and friendly. Can't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:
- afanDined on 5/17/2014always enjoyable-service and food are great! enjoyed the Chef's Pairing Menu for the first time, would try againSpecial Features:
- Fine Dining in BloomsburgAddisonDined on 5/11/2014For a special occasion or a romantic dinner for two with an excellent menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened Here?vantkimbDined on 5/8/2014Usually The Inn at Turkey Hill is the best restaurant in town. We look forward to every special occasion dinner there, probably about 1x per year. This time was quite different. Menu not quite as impressive, lack of free range meat on the menu. What we ordered: Organic Salad-Local greens with raisins, blood oranges and pear. Nice, but doused, doused in the homemade dressing. We almost sent it back. Clam/Fish/Tuna Chowder/Soup- A little too salty, but overall, very good. Dinners: Shrimp- Pasta was bland, missing flavor and complexity. Tomato jam was good, as well as the shrimp. Rainbow Trout- Trout, potatoes and green beans were as to be expected, but nothing to write home about. We didn't even stay for dessert, we were so disappointed.Special Features:
- Memorable Dining Experience111DineDined on 5/5/2014The Inn at Turkey Hill entailed some of the most delicious food I have ever ate. The mood was quiet and very romantic for my wife and I to celebrate a night out for fine dining.Special Features: