The Farmer's Daughter
1401 Morris Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farmer's Daughter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.normandyfarm.com/
- Phone: 2156168300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Mtele "Abu" Abubakar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide our guests with assistance in planning a great experience for all of their guests to enjoy in our private dining rooms adjacent to our main dining room and full service bar.
- Private Party Facilities: The Farmer's Daughter hosts a large variety of private parties & events of all sizes including small weddings, rehearsal dinners, showers, anniversary parties, corporate dinners, funeral luncheons & more. Guests may choose our private Wine Room (Up to 16 guests), Dowry Room (Up to 32 guests), or Orchard Room (Up to 42 guests).
- Private Party Contact: The farmer's daughter sales dept 2156168507x
- Entertainment: Live Local Acoustic Music - Thursdays from 6-9PM
Quizzo-Trivia Night - The 1st Tuesday of Every Month from 7-9PM
Live DJ Entertainment - Saturdays from 10PM-2AM
- Special Events: 2014 Summer BBQ Series, we're off to another great summer of fun and festivities.
July 17 - Summer Clam Bake 6-9pm
August 14 - Jimmy Buffet Beer 6-9pm
September 18 - CrabFest 6-9pm
** Tickets go on sale approximately 4-5 weeks prior to the event by calling 215-616-8305
A word from The Farmer's Daughter
Influenced by its location in the elegant Normandy Farm Hotel, The Farmer's Daughter is the culinary cornerstone of this historic property, & offers an unforgettable dining experience with an exceptional menu of Chef Mtele "Abu" Abubakar`s "Modern Farm Cooking". At The Farmer's Daughter, heirloom and locally sourced ingredients are brought to life on the plate in the form of pure flavors and innovative dishes inspired by the seasons and harvests of our surrounding region. We aspire to give our guests a sense of personal connection to the farmers, brewers, cheese mongers, distillers, winemakers and charcuterie craftsmen who collectively help create an exceptional dining experience. Our expansive bar and fireside lounge follows a "fresh only" approach, creating all of the mixers and infusions in-house from local fruits and vegetables for an extensive list of creative cocktails.Continued
Philadelphia magazine's Best of Philly® 2013 - Best Suburban Brunch
Philadelphia magazine's Best of Philly® 2013 - Best Suburban Brunch
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Farmer's Daughter reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (27)romantic (24)good for groups (23)great for brunch (20)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Very ImpressedFoodvoyageDined on 8/24/2014We went here upon the recommendation from a friend and were blown away by the food and service. For starters, I ordered a Vieux Carre - a classic New Orleans cocktail that wasn't on the menu and the bartender made it to perfection. Not only did he make it perfectly, but he came out to make sure I enjoyed it! I ended up having another after dinner! The food was amazing. Everything is homemade (even the ice cream and the biscotti). They have a pastry chef along as well as the other chefs. So you must save room for dessert. To top everything off, they have great coffee too! They had my favorite single origin coffee on the menu brought out in a mini french press! Following dinner we spent time in the bar which I HIGHLY recommend!Special Features:
- Great food great service good time!k8loweDined on 8/23/2014This has become a regular monthly event for my husband and me since it is very convenient for my relatives who live in Jenkintown. Remarkably, we told them about it--no one in their part of the world knew about it. We go for dinner. It is also popular for events and wedding receptions. Saturday nights are very busy. We always have a great time, we are well taken care of and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencesaladmanDined on 8/13/2014It was a bit of a drive from Plymouth Meeting but it was well worth the effort. This was my first lunch at Farmer's Daughter and I will definitely return when I have another meeting in the general area. The salad that I ordered was very good, much better than what I have been served at other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere was very conducive to business conversation during lunch with no competing high decibel level to talk over. The service was prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary here. I wanted a sophisticated, quiet place with excellent food.That is exactly what we experienced. I had filet and my wife had the salmon. Both were plated nicely and were delicious. There is room for improvement and the prices are as high as those of restaurants located in center city Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Great martinis and craft beer. Consistently great food. Best ahi tuna salad.Special Features:
- Wowk8loweDined on 7/26/2014I remember this as a semi-abandoned farm with distinctive white stucco walls and red trim. It was a landmark on the corner of Dekalb and Morris for decades. The transformation is remarkable. We went here for a celebratory dinner with my aunt and uncle. He's making a miraculous recovery from a stroke last December. We needed a place that was quiet (deafness), but where the food was good, near where they lived. This was a happy find. It was jumping when we got there around 5 pm--two weddings. But the hostess accommodated us even though we were early. The restaurant was still pretty empty so we opted for it over the bar. Service was unobtrusive but very attentive. Menu is interesting. We plan to make regular return trips.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2014Interesting, but menu selections are a little strange.
- Lunch with FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014WE had lunch and our waiter was very attentive and I had the lobster salad, and my friend had the lobster roll both were very good! would recommend to anyone looking for a friendly place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NFM9Dined on 7/18/2014Had a great dining experience. Beautiful setting, excellent crab cakes, wonderful service and delicious cookies gratis. I would highly recommend the Farmer's Daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014We went to Farmer's Daughter to celebrate our anniversary (we were married at Normandy Farms). We were very disappointed with the food - we ordered 3 entrees for 2 of us. Duck was bland and slightly overcooked (medium). Halibut was extremely overcooked and also bland. Crab salad was average at best and should have been termed an appetizer not an entree. Waitress was nice, but the chairs felt like we were at a bingo hall. Definitely would NOT recommend.
- Terrific classy Brunch!droscio813Dined on 7/13/2014This was not only an excellent diverse spread, but the quality of the food was top notch! We will return here not only for Brunch, but can't wait to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Accommodatingbk5and2Dined on 7/8/2014We moved our reservation back a half hour while we had a couple drinks in the bar. Then got completely distracted in our conversation by the fire place. When the bartender came over to tell us the restaurant was closing in five minutes (all our fault not theirs) we were bummed. He proceeded to then tell us not to worry and that we could still order from the entire menu right where we sat by the fire. Great service in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Quiet Dinnerasb5061Dined on 7/6/2014We went here to review the food for our upcoming wedding which would be held here at Normandy Farms. The food and waitress were terrific. We also got to watch a wedding that was starting just before our reservation. The parents and my Fiance loved it. I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:
- AMAZING!ChesterSpringsMomVIPDined on 6/21/2014There for a wedding & decided to stay o/n, we checked in early afternoon & headed to FD for lunch. WOW! THE most amazing burger & fries I think I've ever had! Served on a "plank," cooked to perfection & fries were out of this world. Had a drink in the beautiful bar before the evening ceremony, lovely. In the AM, we treated ourselves to Sunday Brunch before checking out. Again, WOW! Why this one isn't (is it?) in Philly Mag's BEST OF edition, I'll never know. The myriad of choices were endless! The omelet station is not to be missed, the chef there is amazing and my omelet was huge and perfect. The dessert table must have had 30+ choices, but the best part, they were all SMALL, so you could try several! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional restaurant!MarkGDined on 6/14/2014We have been here several times for both holiday meals and just a great night out and it has never disappointed us. The food is fabulous and the service is awesome. Just had Andrew as our waiter on June 15, exceptional server, thanks Andrew! Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Graduation lunch was great!LCDiamondDined on 6/12/2014We had a private room. It was beautiful. Perfect venue for a gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphere-delicious lunchvacation13Dined on 6/9/2014Joined extended family for lunch at the Farmer's Daughter. It was a Monday at 11:30, not crowded. The waiter was attentive and informative. The food was delicious and beautifully presented - the portions were generous. The design and atmosphere is very tasteful and upscale. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A nice night out.PricybutworthitDined on 5/22/2014My girlfriend and I came here on a Thursday for dinner. We had 8 o'clock dlnner reservations and were seated quickly by the hostess. Upon arriving we were greated by a nice fellow who offered us water and said a server would be right over. Having experience in the restaurant industry, it was clearly evident our server, Luke, took us on in excess to his assigned section after we had to flag a member of staff down and had been waiting for TWENTY minutes. Luke supplied excellent service. Our drinks and appetizers came out promptly, followed by our entrees. My girlfriend had the Split Pes soup, and salmon entree. I had the tuna app and scallops entree. We also had the hummus app. Food great. Atmosphere great. Service A+ when received.Special Features:
- Great nightJimboDined on 5/22/2014Great food, limited menu, service A+, server very knowledgeable and plesantSpecial Features:
- Nice spotdaddyblueDined on 5/18/2014Very nice... We enjoyed our anniversary dinner there. However, because it is a conference center other large parties of folks can get quite rowdy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch!pawriterVIPDined on 5/18/2014I was treated to brunch for my birthday. And I rarely do brunch because it's way too tempting to overeat. Well, good luck holding back at Farmer's Daughter. I had to forget about counting points, because there was so much to savor. The selection was better than most---offering both scrambled eggs and strata, bacon, sausage, cured meats, smoked meats, shrimp, oysters, salads, carving station, pancakes, fruit and more. The atmosphere in the inn is elegant hotel. The restaurant is more basic farmhouse. But my group thoroughly enjoyed their food and would return another time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014My husband and I, along with another couple had dinner at the Farmer's Daughter on Saturday evening. It was the first time for our friends and we are pleased to say that they had a similiar experience as my husband and I did on our first time dining at the Farmer's Daughter - an awesome experience!! Words expressed throughout the evening include "the best filet mignon I ever had - grilled to perfection!", "you must try my trout - it is delicious!", "I never had bass before - I LOVE it!!", "your creamery spinach is magnificant - can I have some more?". The staff was superb - very attentive and kind. We will definitely be coming back! Thank you Farmer's Daughter!Special Features:
- Birthday brunchFrisbee60Dined on 5/4/2014I think the brunch here is extensive and delicious. The service was outstanding as it always is. There are many dishes put out from breakfast items to lunch items. I love that the restaurant has made the desserts into smaller pieces as I for one like to taste things not necessarily eat a slice. The only thing I wasn't that happy with was that the desserts for some reason just didn't seem as exceptional as usual. I hope I am not losing my sweet tooth. It is always our go to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable brunch!freshfoodieDined on 5/4/2014Plan to spend at least 2 hours as you will want to taste everything. We couldn't believe all the entrees, breakfast items, salads, seafood, fruit and desserts that they had on offer. The service was impeccable with everyone there totally on top of things. Didn't have to wait for anything! Will definitely frequent this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 433 reviews are from the The Farmer's Daughter reviews archive.
- Elegant & Perfect Dining ExperienceEledineDined on 4/27/2014The Normandy is a beautiful establishment situated conveniently outside of Philadelphia. It feels as if you're in the lovely countryside of a foreign place. The Farmer's Daughter restaurant is nestled neatly in the Normandy hotel and conference center. The Sunday breakfast buffet is such a lovely, welcoming, friendly experience. There are six buffet stations arranged comfortably in an intimate area adjacent to several dining rooms. The ambience is peaceful, dining areas are each elegant and the décor tastefully reminiscent of the dairy farm that the building used to be. A wonderful variety of deliciously prepared dishes and entrees. The food is great. A good meal, best service, perfect décor a memorable experience I hope to repeat soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodPhillyGalVIPDined on 4/25/2014We took our family and friends for a dinner and then a brunch. They offer a wide array of options on the dinner menu. The food was absolutely delicious and the presentation was so appetizing - from the flatbreads to the ahi appetizers to the salmon entrees - everything was wonderful. We returned for the Sunday brunch and it is also an outstanding array of beautifully displayed options. Fruit, omelets, waffles, cheese, breads, desserts, fish, meats, vegetables, fresh shrimp (peeled) and oyster bar for roughly $25.00pp. Fabulous food in a very comfortable setting.Special Features:
- More like a B&BbertDined on 4/24/2014Quaint and old fashion place,very adult like menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/18/2014food was o.k., service was VERY SLOW despite the fact that we were the only ones in the place for at least 1/2 hour.
- Never againBuddyDined on 4/16/2014The place looked very nice and the service was good but that's all I can appreciate about this restaurant. The servings were very small and considering the overpriced cost of the entrees, you left the restaurant unsatisfied. We had better food at chain restaurants. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Nice MealSteveDined on 4/13/2014We went on a Sunday night so it was very quiet. I have read a lot of complaints about slow service but I think that is due to the fact that most people are accustomed to chain restaurants that move you in and out as quickly as possible. The pace of the meal is slower here and I liked that. There was no rush, plenty of time to talk and enjoy the meal and drinks. The food was very good and I would go back. Hope this helps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the sameOneTimeReviewerDined on 4/5/2014We went to Farmers Daughter for a wedding reception a couple of years ago. The food was so good, we wanted to get back some day. That day was a couple weeks ago. We were pretty disappointed. The food just wasn't very good. It was ok, but for the price paid, I was expecting spectacular.
- The Farmer's Daughter is ourDevinedinerDined on 3/14/2014The Farmer's Daughter is our favorite place to dine for a romantic date night. The food and service are out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal for a formal business lunchJohnDined on 3/12/2014Attended with a small group from work. The purpose was to recognize a colleague for a special achievement. The atmosphere was ideal for a business setting. The service was very good, but a non-attentive. The food was very good. We started with a cheese board with a slection of local cheeses that was quite good. For entres the salads were quite good as were the sandwiches. One in particular, the crab cake sanwich with sweet potato fries was quite popular. They did have both a wine list and full bar removed from the dining room, but as a business lunch we went the iced tea route. The servers were good about keeping our glasss full. We will go back for other business functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bountiful Brunch!MerleeVIPDined on 3/9/2014There were 9 of us who were constantly going back for seconds and thirds. Not one complaint until dessert....too many to choose from so most of tried it all! Much praise for the home made omlettes...lots of choices. Always fresh, hot coffee and plates cleared before you came back with new ones. Every seat was filled but conversation was easy...noise level extremely tolerable. I enjoy recommending this restaurant because I've only heard compliments, never a complaint!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love the farmers daughter!TazzyDined on 3/2/2014We love the farmers daughter! We go back whenever we get a chance. We actually got married at Normandy farms. So whenever we get a chance to share the experience with friends we do!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were very pleasantly surprised-RussVIPDined on 3/1/2014We were very pleasantly surprised- happened to be in the area last minute and was one of the few spots we could get a reservation on a Saturday night prior to 8:30 pm through Open Table- so decided to try it. Although walking past 2 weddings (Normandy Farms) was a bit disconcerting, we sat down to an overall excellent experience- great apps, meal (scallops were to die for), and service. We've told friends about it and probably will make sure we are in the area again!Special Features:
- BirthdayVirgilDined on 3/1/2014The servers could not handle a simple birthday request that was emailed to the restuarnt through Open Table. Not a cake not a candle ! Very disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great service forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2014Good food, great service for an early Sunday dinner. We had a reservation for our party of 4 but probably didn't need one. Bar looks inviting; will probably go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodgjanDined on 2/23/2014The food was very good and we all enjoyed the brunch. The only thing I did not like was the fact that they added 20% gratuity to our bill. I do not believe that a buffet warrants a 20% tip. I always tip and tip well but I do not think there was enough "service" to automatically charge 20%. We had a few drink refills and a few plates cleared - and that was the extent of the service.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, decor, & serviceBrianDined on 2/22/2014I really enjoyed the food. They provided quality food with realistic portion sizes. It costs more than chain restaurants, but the quality is worth it. My girlfriend loved the rustic decor and ambiance. Lastly, the attentiveness of the staff was incredible. There was always someone filling water or taking another drink order when you needed them. Really impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.