The Farmer's Daughter
1401 Morris Road
Blue Bell, PA 19422Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Farmer's Daughter
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.normandyfarm.com/
- Phone: (215) 616-8300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 9:30am - 1:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Mtele "Abu" Abubakar
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We provide our guests with assistance in planning a great experience for all of their guests to enjoy in our private dining rooms adjacent to our main dining room and full service bar.
- Entertainment: Live Local Acoustic Music - Thursdays from 6-9PM
Quizzo-Trivia Night - The 1st Tuesday of Every Month from 7-9PM
Live DJ Entertainment - Saturdays from 10PM-2AM
- Special Events: 2014 Summer BBQ Series, we're off to another great summer of fun and festivities.
July 17 - Summer Clam Bake 6-9pm
August 14 - Jimmy Buffet Beer 6-9pm
September 18 - CrabFest 6-9pm
** Tickets go on sale approximately 4-5 weeks prior to the event by calling 215-616-8305
A word from The Farmer's Daughter
Influenced by its location in the elegant Normandy Farm Hotel, The Farmer's Daughter is the culinary cornerstone of this historic property, & offers an unforgettable dining experience with an exceptional menu of Chef Mtele "Abu" Abubakar`s "Modern Farm Cooking". At The Farmer's Daughter, heirloom and locally sourced ingredients are brought to life on the plate in the form of pure flavors and innovative dishes inspired by the seasons and harvests of our surrounding region. We aspire to give our guests a sense of personal connection to the farmers, brewers, cheese mongers, distillers, winemakers and charcuterie craftsmen who collectively help create an exceptional dining experience. Our expansive bar and fireside lounge follows a "fresh only" approach, creating all of the mixers and infusions in-house from local fruits and vegetables for an extensive list of creative cocktails.Continued
Philadelphia magazine's Best of Philly® 2013 - Best Suburban Brunch
Philadelphia magazine's Best of Philly® 2013 - Best Suburban Brunch
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Farmer's Daughter reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (36)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (26)romantic (25)good for groups (24)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- 1st TimeLXSeyeVIPDined on 11/26/2014Very much enjoyed my first visit for a special occasion (family birthday). Will definitely go back for another enjoyable evening and a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchcodergrrlDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant never disappoints, delicious items on the menu, great presentation and the drinks are always very complimentary of the meal. I always try to come by when I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we were expectingbwk621Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I had never been here before and decided to try it for our anniversary. The facility was extremely busy that particular night as there were two class reunions and at least one wedding booked that night. The restaurant was full but we were seated timely right on our reservation time. The tables were too close together and we felt like we were eavesdropping on the table next to us and vice versa. The waiter was slammed and took some abuse from the table next to us for taking our order before theirs even though they were seated before us. The noise level was very high and our thoughts of a nice quiet romantic dinner were dashed. The food was very good and we will try it again but on a night where they are not quite as busy.
- The Farmer's DaughterDiazDined on 11/8/2014There were a few things that, if changed, would have met my expectations. Our server gave us wrong information on a meal, she was absent for most of the time, and the burger I ordered (medium well) was very pink inside .. more like medium rare. Other than that - the sweet potatoes were very good and so was the flat bread. Not a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Farmer's DaughterbanjodinerDined on 10/25/2014I rarely write reviews, but this was an exceptional meal. Probably the best "farm to table" type meal I have ever had.Special Features:
- Excellent EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014My fiancee and I dined here on a Saturday night as a tasting for our wedding to be held on site at Normandy Farm. We were pleasantly surprised. We sampled the baked burrata (delicious), crab cake (again, wonderful) and the steak tartare (very good, but lacked some acid and under seasoned). She had the scallops and I the lamb. She very much enjoyed the scallops and I felt the lamb was perfectly cooked. I can appreciate that the server, Joe I believe, who was top notch, afforded me the Chef's recommendation of medium rare. Dessert was excellent as well, I had the roasted apple crisp and she had the bread pudding. My only complaint, if you will, would be that I felt some of the food was a little under-seasoned. Wonderful evening!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and UniqueTaurawizDined on 10/18/2014We recently had our anniversary dinner at the Farmer's Daughter because we were married at Normandy Farm, the location of this restaurant, and wanted to go back for good memories. Anyhow, we had the mushroom fritters as an appetizer and they were to die for. We also sampled a pumpkin hummus and spinach dip which were great. Dinner was done very nicely as well. Definitely an unexpected find in a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bigeaterDined on 10/15/2014The food choices were good. Service was excellent. The waitstaff did an excellent job monitoring our table to clear the empties and keep the water glasses filled. The only downside was the noise level, making conversation somewhat difficult.Special Features:
- Beauty & Rustic atmosphereRAM13Dined on 10/12/2014The Farmer's Daughter has a lovely rustic look and feel. The service is polite and courteous! A very inviting feeling you get from the staff! I hope it never changes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch with FriendsThreePatsDined on 10/12/2014I had a wonderful Sunday Brunch with friends. The food was great and the restaurant personnel were very pleasant and on top of all your needs. I will definitely be back often. Thanks!Special Features:
- BrightCook4meDined on 10/11/2014So while driving up to the restaurant I thought i needed my sunglasses, was too bright with led lights all around. Looked a bit cheesey in my opinion. Nice martini's a the cheeseboard follow the cheese and figs spread all wonderful. The bread served with it would not be my choice, rye toast? Salmon for me, delicious, the guys had the steaks which they enjoyed. My friend had the scallops which she thoroughly enjoyed. Each couple split a dessert, we were both celebrating our anniversary. Happy anniversary presented on the dishes, I had the rice pudding which was excellent. Never did out waiter say happy anniversary , he was just ok.Special Features:
- not worth the trip.drjhaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Too noisy. Food was acceptable but barely so. Not an easy drive from Allentown.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!CiociCDined on 10/5/2014EXCELLENT SUNDAY BRUNCH!!! Service was a bit slow to clear plates and had to ask for more juice, but, overall great, as usual! will definately be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go hungry!WineLoverVIPDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I decided to celebrate our anniversary at The Farmer's Daughter. I passed it several times and heard it was a very nice place. My husband I opted to share a meat & cheese board (which had very little on it). Since I assumed that I would have an abundance of protein with my wine, I decided to go for the Roasted Vegetable AuGratin. The $28 entree was a 3 inch cube layer of vegetable with some cheese. I saved my calories during the day for this dinner and was starving. In addition, the servers do not bring bread to your tables. When the server (very sweet) asked us how everything was, I asked for bread and she did bring bread out. I should not have been surprised that the bread was brought out without butter!
- GrammyGrammyDined on 9/25/2014I have eaten at The Farmer's Daughter many times and always enjoyed my meal. This past week, however, I ordered a French Dip sandwich. The meat was described as brisket. It was gray in color and had a tremendous amount of fat in it. I picked as well as I could at the first half, but gave up on the second half of the sandwich. The saving grace of the meal was the bread served while we waited for our orders, the French fries and a peaches & cream dessert. So much for trying a new item. I will stick with the crab cakes, which are excellent, from now on.Special Features:
- Fantastic atmosphereFoodieforlifeDined on 9/20/2014I celebrated my birthday here and loved the food and ambience they created. I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special DinnerBeerGeekDined on 9/14/2014We planned a special dinner for our family and chose Farmer's Daughter based upon reviews. We could not decide on a bottle of wine so we had wine flights which was nice. We started with crab cakes and cheesesteak cigars appetizers. They were each excellent. They served fresh rolls with olive oil and butter. The rolls were excellent. Everyone chose something different for an entre. We had the braised short ribs, scallops, duck, and catch of the day. Again they were all done to perfection. Finally we finished with French press coffee and dessert. The service was attentive, but not overbearing.Special Features:
- No help with Open TableFansofOpenTableDined on 9/13/2014We (my wife and I) set a reservation for 2 for 8 PM with the hope we would be promptly seated. Upon arrival we were told that service was running behind "about 15 minutes" and would we be willing to wait at the bar until our table was ready. We went to the bar for a drink and to wait; however no one ever came to check on us again...After about 35 minutes we ordered food at the bar. The meal was excellent and the bar tender was very attentive. It was a little disappointing that we felt forgotten, but all's well that ends well.
- Friday dinnerDMGrossDined on 9/12/2014A very limited menu with only one special for the evening. Nice list of starters but it was strange that the cheese board as a starter is also on the desert menu. We were only one of three parties on a Friday night at 6.30 yet the service was rather slow and inattentive at times. Our waiter never came to the table to check on our wine. The vegetables on one of our entrees were frankly raw and just barely warm. Should have sent them back but it took time to get the entrees. I'll try it one more time but there is not much on the menu to explore. Perhaps as there was a wedding that night the kitchen was stretched thin but that is no excuse. That is their business.Special Features:
- Business LunchJohnDined on 9/10/2014Conducted a business lunch meeting at the Farmer's Daughter. Found the ambiance and service to be ideal for such an event. Started with the domestic cheese tray which was exceptionally good. Followed the cheese with sandwiches, would recommend either the chicken salad or the lobster role. Serivce was prompt and attentive.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Tallguy924Dined on 9/3/2014My experience at the FD was terrific! Food was delicious, service was impeccable and the atmosphere was perfect. I'll definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Very ImpressedFoodvoyageDined on 8/24/2014We went here upon the recommendation from a friend and were blown away by the food and service. For starters, I ordered a Vieux Carre - a classic New Orleans cocktail that wasn't on the menu and the bartender made it to perfection. Not only did he make it perfectly, but he came out to make sure I enjoyed it! I ended up having another after dinner! The food was amazing. Everything is homemade (even the ice cream and the biscotti). They have a pastry chef along as well as the other chefs. So you must save room for dessert. To top everything off, they have great coffee too! They had my favorite single origin coffee on the menu brought out in a mini french press! Following dinner we spent time in the bar which I HIGHLY recommend!Special Features:
- Great food great service good time!k8loweDined on 8/23/2014This has become a regular monthly event for my husband and me since it is very convenient for my relatives who live in Jenkintown. Remarkably, we told them about it--no one in their part of the world knew about it. We go for dinner. It is also popular for events and wedding receptions. Saturday nights are very busy. We always have a great time, we are well taken care of and the food is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperiencesaladmanDined on 8/13/2014It was a bit of a drive from Plymouth Meeting but it was well worth the effort. This was my first lunch at Farmer's Daughter and I will definitely return when I have another meeting in the general area. The salad that I ordered was very good, much better than what I have been served at other restaurants in the area. The atmosphere was very conducive to business conversation during lunch with no competing high decibel level to talk over. The service was prompt and courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary here. I wanted a sophisticated, quiet place with excellent food.That is exactly what we experienced. I had filet and my wife had the salmon. Both were plated nicely and were delicious. There is room for improvement and the prices are as high as those of restaurants located in center city Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/26/2014Great martinis and craft beer. Consistently great food. Best ahi tuna salad.Special Features:
- The following 453 reviews are from the The Farmer's Daughter reviews archive.
- Wowk8loweDined on 7/26/2014I remember this as a semi-abandoned farm with distinctive white stucco walls and red trim. It was a landmark on the corner of Dekalb and Morris for decades. The transformation is remarkable. We went here for a celebratory dinner with my aunt and uncle. He's making a miraculous recovery from a stroke last December. We needed a place that was quiet (deafness), but where the food was good, near where they lived. This was a happy find. It was jumping when we got there around 5 pm--two weddings. But the hostess accommodated us even though we were early. The restaurant was still pretty empty so we opted for it over the bar. Service was unobtrusive but very attentive. Menu is interesting. We plan to make regular return trips.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/24/2014Interesting, but menu selections are a little strange.
- Lunch with FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014WE had lunch and our waiter was very attentive and I had the lobster salad, and my friend had the lobster roll both were very good! would recommend to anyone looking for a friendly place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NFM9Dined on 7/18/2014Had a great dining experience. Beautiful setting, excellent crab cakes, wonderful service and delicious cookies gratis. I would highly recommend the Farmer's Daughter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2014We went to Farmer's Daughter to celebrate our anniversary (we were married at Normandy Farms). We were very disappointed with the food - we ordered 3 entrees for 2 of us. Duck was bland and slightly overcooked (medium). Halibut was extremely overcooked and also bland. Crab salad was average at best and should have been termed an appetizer not an entree. Waitress was nice, but the chairs felt like we were at a bingo hall. Definitely would NOT recommend.
- Terrific classy Brunch!droscio813Dined on 7/13/2014This was not only an excellent diverse spread, but the quality of the food was top notch! We will return here not only for Brunch, but can't wait to try dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Accommodatingbk5and2Dined on 7/8/2014We moved our reservation back a half hour while we had a couple drinks in the bar. Then got completely distracted in our conversation by the fire place. When the bartender came over to tell us the restaurant was closing in five minutes (all our fault not theirs) we were bummed. He proceeded to then tell us not to worry and that we could still order from the entire menu right where we sat by the fire. Great service in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Quiet Dinnerasb5061Dined on 7/6/2014We went here to review the food for our upcoming wedding which would be held here at Normandy Farms. The food and waitress were terrific. We also got to watch a wedding that was starting just before our reservation. The parents and my Fiance loved it. I would highly recommend eating here.Special Features:
- AMAZING!ChesterSpringsMomVIPDined on 6/21/2014There for a wedding & decided to stay o/n, we checked in early afternoon & headed to FD for lunch. WOW! THE most amazing burger & fries I think I've ever had! Served on a "plank," cooked to perfection & fries were out of this world. Had a drink in the beautiful bar before the evening ceremony, lovely. In the AM, we treated ourselves to Sunday Brunch before checking out. Again, WOW! Why this one isn't (is it?) in Philly Mag's BEST OF edition, I'll never know. The myriad of choices were endless! The omelet station is not to be missed, the chef there is amazing and my omelet was huge and perfect. The dessert table must have had 30+ choices, but the best part, they were all SMALL, so you could try several! Can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional restaurant!MarkGDined on 6/14/2014We have been here several times for both holiday meals and just a great night out and it has never disappointed us. The food is fabulous and the service is awesome. Just had Andrew as our waiter on June 15, exceptional server, thanks Andrew! Will go back again and again.Special Features:
- Graduation lunch was great!LCDiamondDined on 6/12/2014We had a private room. It was beautiful. Perfect venue for a gathering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant atmosphere-delicious lunchvacation13Dined on 6/9/2014Joined extended family for lunch at the Farmer's Daughter. It was a Monday at 11:30, not crowded. The waiter was attentive and informative. The food was delicious and beautifully presented - the portions were generous. The design and atmosphere is very tasteful and upscale. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- A nice night out.PricybutworthitDined on 5/22/2014My girlfriend and I came here on a Thursday for dinner. We had 8 o'clock dlnner reservations and were seated quickly by the hostess. Upon arriving we were greated by a nice fellow who offered us water and said a server would be right over. Having experience in the restaurant industry, it was clearly evident our server, Luke, took us on in excess to his assigned section after we had to flag a member of staff down and had been waiting for TWENTY minutes. Luke supplied excellent service. Our drinks and appetizers came out promptly, followed by our entrees. My girlfriend had the Split Pes soup, and salmon entree. I had the tuna app and scallops entree. We also had the hummus app. Food great. Atmosphere great. Service A+ when received.Special Features:
- Great nightJimboDined on 5/22/2014Great food, limited menu, service A+, server very knowledgeable and plesantSpecial Features: